Zinetac 150 MG Tablet is an antihistamine (histamine-2 blocker) prescribed to primarily treat stomach ulcers, and also to provide relief from heartburn and other acidity-related disorders. Zinetac also helps in controlling gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and similar disorders that cause excessive acid production in the stomach.
|Side Effects:||Chest pain, nausea, constipation, muscle pain, headache etc.|
|Precaution:||Alcohol, driving, liver or kidney disease|
Zinetac helps to reduce the acid in the stomach and stops the production of acid. It is prescribed by doctors when a patient is suffering from hypersecretory. Zinetac is a condition in which the body excessive amount of acid.
Zinetac Tablet is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in India.
Uses and Benefits of Zinetac:
Zinetac 150 MG Tablet is prescribed for a number of disorders related to improper digestive mechanisms, but the primary use is to treat stomach ulcers. Some other uses of Zinetac include –
- Patients having an acid peptic disease and gastric ulcers may also be prescribed Zinetac 150 MG Tablet.
- Patients suffering from Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, which causes excessive acid production in the stomach, may be advised to take this medication.
- Patients of gastroesophageal reflux disease may be prescribed Zinetac by the doctor.
- Patients suffering from an inflammation of the esophagus, benign duodenal ulcer, esophagitis, esophageal irritation can also be advised to take Zinetac 150 MG Tablet.
Read More: Citralka Uses | Diclomol Uses
Side Effects of Zinetac:
In general, the medication is well-tolerated with only a few patients experiencing side effects. However, Zinetac 150 MG Tablet may induce certain side effects if used incorrectly and can cause serious complications for the patient. If in case the side effects persist for a long time then a patient is advised to consult the doctor. The list does not contain all the side effects.
Some common side effects include headache, insomnia, dizziness, diarrhea, constipation, and nausea.
- Patients may need to monitor their liver enzyme levels and creatinine serum levels in the blood
- Other common adverse effects include blurred vision, swelling of lips, and mental confusion.
- Male patients may witness gynecomastia, which is characterized by tender or swollen breasts
- Patients may also experience chest pain, dangerously low blood pressure, or difficulty breathing due to constriction of the trachea. This must be reported to the doctor immediately
- Some patients have faced health problems like depression, anxiety, stress, and hallucination
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Swelling of the skin
Read More: Budecort Side Effects | Renerve Plus Side Effects
Common Dosages of Zinetac:
Zinetac is prescribed in accordance with the patient’s medical history and overall health. Zinetac should only be taken in accordance with the prescribed dosage by a doctor. The patient should not alter or stop the dosage without doctor consultation.
- Missed Dose: If in case a patient misses a dose then it advisable to take it as soon as possible. However, if it’s the time for the next dose then the patient should skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule.
- Overdose: The patient should not use more medicines as they can have severe side effects. The overdose of Zinetac 150 MG Tablet lowers the blood pressure and a patient also face difficulty in walking.
Read More: Naxdom 500 Dosages | Urimax 0.4 Dosages
Composition & Nature of Zinetac:
Ranitidine is the active ingredient present in medicine. Zinetac comprises 150 mg of the active ingredient. Zinetac is an H-2 blocker that acts on the histamines to inhibit their action in the body.
Zinetac Price in India:
- 30 Tablets of 150 mg Strip: 21.87 INR
- 10 Tablets of 300 mg Strip: 16.1 INR
- 25 mg 2 ml Injection: 3.96 INR
Read More: Rantac 150 Price | Cilnidipine Price
When Zinetac is prescribed?
Zinetac is prescribed by the doctor to treat health problems like stomach ulcers, indigestion, heartburn, acid reflux disease, and ulcers in the small intestine. The medicine reduces acid secretion in the stomach. Zinetac 150 MG Tablet gives relief from inflammation and heartburn.
How to use Zinetac?
It is advisable to follow the instruction on the product level and also guidance given by the doctor for the dosage.
The patient can have Zinetac before or after the meal. If in case, a patient is suffering from a stomach ulcer then it is not necessary to adjust the dose according to the meal. If the dosage is important then a patient can take Zinetac after the evening or bedtime meal. However, the dose Zinetac 150 MG Tablet is usually taken at bedtime. The dose of the medicine depends on the health condition of the patient. Patient with serious health condition is instructed to take 150 mg and 300 mg of Zinetac tablet twice a day. Doctors also prescribe patients 75mg and 25 mg of Zinetac tablet after going through the health condition and the medical history. The dosage of the medicine also depends on things like body weight and the current medication the patient is going through. Take the tablet with a glass of water. Don’t break, chew or crush the medicine while consuming it.
How Zinetac 150 MG Tablet works?
Zinetac is a histamine-2 blocker. It relieves the symptoms of acid-related indigestion and heartburn by managing the level of acid in the stomach.
Warnings/Precautions- When to avoid Zinetac?
It is advisable to discuss the medical history and current medicine with the doctor. Some of the medicines might interact with Zinetac and cause severe side effects. This will help the doctor to give a substitute or find an alternative to avoid serious health conditions.
- Patients should typically take Zinetac before bedtime, as it will be most effective in controlling stomach acid release.
- Patients who are taking antacids are advised to keep at least a two-hour gap between taking the antacid and consuming Zinetac 150 MG Tablet.
- Ingesting Zinetac may increase the patient’s chances of getting pneumonia. Symptoms may include fever, pain in the chest, phlegm that is greenish and breathing difficulties.
- Patients should ensure they are not allergic to any of the drug components. The doctor should be informed of any previous health problems such as hepatic or renal disorders, porphyria. Pregnant patients must get a consultation from the doctor before starting dosage.
- Patients are advised to avoid consumption of citrus fruits such as oranges, lime and lemons, soft drinks and other foods that may increase acid secretion in the stomach.
- Patients should consult their doctor if there is no sign of improvement after consuming Zinetac for two weeks.
- Avoid driving or operating heavy vehicles because Zinetac 150 MG Tablet makes a patient feel sleepy.
- Don’t drink alcohol after the consumption of medicine as it might lead to dizziness.
- If a patient is having a family history of fructose intolerance then he/she should not take Zinetac.
- The patient should not use the Zinetac 150 MG Tablet if he/she is having allergy with any of the component or the ingredient in Zinetac.
- Patient with the problem of intestinal or stomach bleeding should not consume the tablet.
Substitutes for Zinetac:
The most commonly advised substitutes to Zinetac, having the same active ingredient and composition, are –
- Aciloc Tablet by Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- H2Loc Tablet by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Zinetac 150 MG Tablet interacts with a number of medicines that may cause adverse effects on being administered alongside it. A few of these medicines are-
- Metformin: If Zinetac and Metformin must be taken together then it is advisable to monitor the blood sugar closely. The doctor may change dosage levels in accordance with the monitoring.
- Ketoconazole: If the patient needs to use both concurrently, then a dosage adjustment may be required. Zinetac 150 MG Tablet tends to make Ketoconazole less effective. If symptoms of the disorder worsen or do not improve then the patient should consult their physician and take advice.
- Dasatinib: Dasatinib and Zinetac interact strongly, and patients are advised to report its usage to the doctor so that they can be advised alternatives. If Zinetac 150 MG Tablet has not been prescribed yet, patients should inform their doctor that they are already taking Dasatinib. However, patients should not stop using any medication before discussing with the doctor.
- Loperamide: Zinetac is advisable to report the use of this medicine to the physician before starting taking a dosage of Zinetac. If the dosage of Loperamide is very high, then the doctor may advise an alternative for Zinetac 150 MG Tablet.
- Atazanavir: The doctor should be informed if the patient is using Atazanavir. The physician may adjust the dosage of this medicine if Zinetac 150 MG Tablet is also required. The patient must not stop any medication before consulting the doctor.
- Pazopanib: Patients are strongly advised not to use these medicines together, and to inform their doctor immediately if they administering Pazopanib so that they can be advised alternatives to one or both the medicines. The doctor generally advises alternatives rather than dosage adjustments.
Other medicines with which the Zinetac may interact with are–
Zinetac Interaction with diseases –
- Gastro-intestinal bleeding: Use of Zinetac 150 MG Tablet for patients who have a history of gastrointestinal bleeding is not recommended.
- Porphyria: Patients having Porphyria are advised against the use of Zinetac 150 MG Tablet. The patient should inform their physician of their condition before getting a prescription and should monitor their symptoms closely while administering Zinetac.
Zinetac Interaction with alcohol –
Alcohol: Avoid the consumption of alcohol while using Zinetac 150 MG Tablet. Consuming both together may lead to blood in vomit or in fecal matter. If the patient sees such symptoms, they must immediately consult a doctor.
Medicines that should not be taken with Zinetac:
The patient should discuss the medical history and current medicines with the doctor to avoid drug interaction. Here is the list of medicines that a patient should not take with Zinetac 150 MG Tablet.
How to store Zinetac?
- Store the tablets at room temperature
- Keep Zinetac away from direct heat or sunlight
- Keep Zinetac away from children and pets.
1) Can I use Zinetac 150 MG Tablet while I am breastfeeding?
Ans: While the medication is considered safe for pregnant or expecting mothers, Zinetac 150 MG Tablet does pass into the breast milk in a substantial amount to the infant. Breastfeeding mothers must consult a doctor before starting the dosage of the medicine as Zinetac may harm the infant.
2) What are the side effects of Zinetac 150 MG Tablet?
Ans: Some of the common side effects that a patient has faced after the consumption of Zinetac 150 MG Tablet are depression, anxiety, hallucination, chest pain, dizziness, hair loss, and insomnia. The Zinetac 150 MG Tablet also increases the heartbeat and some of the patients have also faced difficulty in breathing. If in case the side effects persist for a long time, then it is advisable to immediately consult the doctor.
3) What is the Zinetac 150 MG Tablet used for?
Ans: Zinetac 150 MG Tablet is used to treat health problems like stomach ulcers, indigestion, acidity, acid reflux disease, ulcer in the small intestine, and heartburn
4) Can Zinetac 150 MG Tablet be used during pregnancy?
Ans: Yes it can be used by women if they are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult a doctor if in case any side effects occur after the dose of the Zinetac 150 MG Tablet.
5) Can a patient drive after taking Zinetac 150 MG Tablet?
Ans: No, one should not drive or operate a heavy vehicle after the consumption of the Zinetac 150 MG Tablet as it causes dizziness and also decreases alertness.
6) What is the right time to take the dose of Zinetac 150 MG Tablet?
Ans: Zinetac 150 MG Tablet can be taken before or after the meal. However, if a patient is facing health problems like heartburn or acidity then he/she is advised to take 30-60 minutes before the meal.
7) What is the Zinetac 150 MG Tablet used to treat?
Ans: Zinetac 150 MG Tablet is used to treat health problems like indigestion, heartburn, stomach ulcer, and acidity.
8) What happens if a patient takes an expired dose of Zinetac 150?
Ans: If in case a patient mistakenly takes the expired dose of Zinetac 150 MG Tablet then it is advised to immediately stop the medication. If in case any side effects occur then consult the doctor. It not only affects the body but also slows the treatment process.
9) Is Zinetac 150 addictive or habit forming?
Ans: No, the medicines provided to the patient don’t have the potential for abuse or addiction. If Zinetac 150 MG Tablet is addictive then the government categorizes it as a controlled substance. It is advisable to consult the doctor to make sure that the drug is not habit-forming or addictive in nature.
10) What are the medicines that the patient should not take with Zinetac 150?
Ans: Here is the list of medicines that a patient should not take with Zinetac Tablet:
11) Is zinetac used for gas?
Ans: Yes, zinetac is used for gas, stomach ulcer, and excessive acid production in the stomach.
12.) When zinetac tablet can be taken before or after food?
Ans: You can take zinetac before or after food. However, if you get symptoms whenever you eat or drink, take your zinetac 30 minutes to 60 minutes before having a drink, snack, or meal.
Read More: Telma H | Telekast-L | Volini