The multivitamin capsule, Zevit, is manufactured by Glaxo Smith Kline Pharmaceuticals Limited and is used for the treatment of all types of immune deficiencies and related conditions due to its antioxidant properties.
|Composition||L–ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), Thiamine (Vitamin B1), Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Cobalamin (Vitamin B12), Vitamin E, Elemental Zinc, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Folic acid (Vitamin B9), Biotin (Vitamin B7) and Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)|
|Side-effects||Alterations to the sleep cycle, Stomach Discomfort, Bloating, Dizziness, Weakness, Headache, Diarrhea|
|Precautions||Patients suffering from liver and kidney-related ailments|
Zevit Capsule is a multi-vitamin and Zinc supplement with a number of Vitamin B-complex (including Vitamins B1, B6, B12, folic acid and biotin), Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Ginseng, among other essential minerals and nutrients necessary to support a healthy digestive system, metabolism and the health of the cardiovascular, reproductive and central nervous system. It is also prescribed to boost immunity and treat nutritive deficiencies in the diet.
Uses & Benefits of Zevit:
Zevit Capsule is a nutritive supplement that contains a combination of vitamins that help to improve and strengthen immunity, metabolism, skin, and hair. It also helps to improve eye health and treat vitamin deficiency in order to keep the body in a balanced state. In addition, Zevit finds use in the control, prevention, & improvement of the following conditions:
- Diabetes (including Type 2 Diabetes)
- Cardiovascular functions and disease including heart attack and other heart ailments
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
- Thiamine deficiency
- Zinc deficiency
- Neurological disorders
- Mental health disorders
- Skin problems such as acne, skin allergies, fungal skin infections, nail problems, yeast infections, etc.
- Hair loss
- Vitamin deficiencies including deficiencies of Vitamins A, B12, C, D, Biotin, Folic Acid, and their related disorders.
- Pernicious anemia by aiding in RBC production
- Complications in pregnancy
- Reproductive disorders
- Cholesterol problems
- Impaired Bone, Cartilages and Muscle health
- Eye disorders including age-related vision loss
- Deficiencies in essential minerals such as Magnesium, Selenium
- Cellular damage
- Wound and tissue repair
- Weight loss
- Wilson’s disease
- Chest pain
- Leg pain due to blocked arteries or leg ulcers
- Metabolic disorders including Lipid metabolism, Carbohydrate metabolism
- Hepatic disease
- Esophageal cancer
- Chemical sensitivity
Side Effects of Zevit:
Zevit Capsule is known to be a safe drug. However, higher doses or prolonged use of the drug may lead to some unwanted side effects. Some possible side effects include:
- Abdominal distress
- Dark or green stool
- Acidic urine
- Loss of appetite
- Blurred vision
- Bloating and flatulence
- Respiratory problems such as Bronchospasm, difficulty in breathing, worsening of asthma
- Bitterness of mouth
- Gastrointestinal problems including flatulence, gastric ulceration, stomach pain
- Sleeping disturbances including insomnia
- Nausea, vomiting
- Hives or itchy rashes on the skin
- Flu-like symptoms
- Renal calculi
- General weakness and fatigue
- Skin numbness
In case any side effects are being experienced, it is recommended to consult a doctor immediately for medical advice and remedial action.
Common Dosages of Zevit:
Though a relatively safe drug, it is important to consult an experienced doctor for the appropriate dosage requirements before starting this medication to avoid risks associated with the consumption of Zevit. The generally prescribed dosage of this medicine is 1 capsule per day to be taken post having breakfast.
- Missed Dosage : A missed dose should be taken as soon as the patient remembers it. In you’re your remember it when its almost time for the next scheduled dose, the missed dose should be skipped. Under no circumstances should the patient take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Overdosage : Taking more than the recommended dosage of it may lead to nausea, peripheral neuropathy, diarrhea, soreness in the breast, polyuria, sensory neuropathy, abdominal pain, photosensitivity, vomiting, abdominal cramps, flatulent distension, gastrointestinal obstruction, esophagitis, and loss of appetite. In case, an overdose is suspected, it is advised to visit a doctor immediately.
Composition and Nature of Zevit:
Zevit Capsule contains the following vitamins and minerals as its active ingredients:
- Zevit sulfate monohydrate – 54.93 mg
- Thiamine nitrate (Vit B1) – 10 mg
- Riboflavin (Vit. B2) -10 mg
- Niacinamide (Vit B3) – 50 mg
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vit B6) – 3 mg
- Biotin (Vitamin B7) – 100 mcg
- Folic acid (Vitamin B9) – 1500 mcg
- Cyanocobalamin (Vit B12) -15 mcg
- Elemental Zinc – 15 mg
- Calcium pantothenate – 12.5 mg
- Vitamin E – 15 mg
- Ascorbic acid (Vit C) -150 mg
It is available as a capsule in a blister pack of 30 capsules. Zevit is also available in a flavored liquid glucose sorbitol syrup base.
How to use Zevit Capsule?
- This capsule should be swallowed whole with water. It is not advised to administer the medicine with citrus fruit juices as they may cause irritation to the lining of the stomach.
- It is not advisable to crush, break or chew the capsule.
- Zevit Capsules are generally recommended to be taken after having a meal, preferably breakfast, in order to maximize absorption and efficacy.
How Does Zevit Work?
The various active ingredients present in Zevit Capsule works in the following ways to improve the indicative conditions:
- Increases the level of glutathione thereby defending cells against peroxidative damage
- Keeps the blood sugar level within normal range and helps produce antibodies and hemoglobin
- Prevents Vitamin B2 deficiency through maintenance of tissues in the body
- Helps to metabolize carbohydrates and thus maintain normal body growth and development
- It controls, prevents and treats Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Deaccelerates the processes causing cellular damage
- Blocks damages caused by free radicals and thus aids in wound healing and tissue repair.
- Maintains tissue health
- Helps to metabolize fats and proteins and inhibit the synthesis of LDL, thereby helps in lowering the level of cholesterol in the body
- Aids in controlling, preventing and treating biotin deficiency
- Regulates the transport of intestinal fluid transport and maintaining mucosal integrity
- Boosts immunity
- Aids in gene expression
- Helping maintain oxidative stress
- Working on the megaloblastic bone marrow to aid the production of a normoblastic marrow
When is Zevit Capsule prescribed?
Zevit Capsules are nutritive supplements that are prescribed to treat immune disorders caused due to deficiency of various vitamins, their precursors, and minerals.
Precautions and Warning – When to avoid Zevit Capsule?
The following precaution and warnings must be kept in mind while administering Zevit Capsules:
- It is susceptible to dehydrating the body and causing flatulence. It is recommended to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated while administering this medication
- Alcohol should not be consumed during the course of Zevit. This is because it may cause excessive lethargy and drowsiness in some cases. Smoking or use of products containing tobacco is also advised against while administering this Capsules.
- Anti-diabetic medicines should not be co-administered with Zevit. These drugs affect the absorption and affect the efficacy of It.
- Patients suffering from kidney related ailments or on Kidney dialysis are advised to exercise extreme caution while administering this drug.
- It may be administered by pregnant females, only post being prescribed by a doctor.
- Lactating females may administer Zevit Capsules but as it is known to pass through the breast milk; a doctor must be consulted before starting dosage.
- Patients with a known hypersensitivity to any ingredient present in this medicine are advised against administering Zevit as it may lead to adverse effects.
- It should be administered with utmost caution in patients suffering from liver-related disorders as dose adjustment may be required in such cases. The doctor should be consulted before administering the medicine.
- Prolonged use of Zevit should be avoided. The dosage prescribed by the doctor must be strictly adhered to.
- Regular monitoring of the blood composition may be advised to some patients.
Zevit Capsule shows interactions with some medicines and products such as:
- Heart and blood pressure drugs
- Anti-diabetic drugs
- Arsenic Trioxide
- Sulpha drugs
- Painkillers such as ibuprofen, diclofenac, etc.
It is not advised to consume alcohol while administering Zevit Capsule. This is because Zevit Capsule has a tendency of causing drowsiness in some cases. Consuming alcohol while administering Zevit will intensify symptoms such as lethargy and sleepiness.
Patients with the following health conditions are advised to avoid using Zevit Capsules-
- Active peptic ulcer
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Allergic reactions
- Bleeding disorder
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Diabetes mellitus
- Eye disorder
- Acute dermatitis
- Acute eczema
- Allergic to selenium
Substitutes for Zevit Capsule:
The following medicines have the same composition, strength, and form as Zevit, and hence can be used as an alternative.
- Beplex-Zee by Anglo-French Drugs & Industries Ltd.
- Vitazinc by Bal Pharma
- Becosules-Z Cap 20s by Pfizer
- Becadexamin Cap 30s by GlaxoSmithKline
- Riconia-G Cap by Ranbaxy
- Multivate Gold Cap 15s by Sanofi Aventis
- Nutramide Syrup 200ml by Cipla
- Exerge Cap by Abbott India
- Revup Cap by Aristo Pharma
- Nubex Forte Capsule manufactured by the Ozone pharmaceuticals ltd
- Nutrolin B Plus Capsule manufactured by the Cipla Ltd
- Becosules Z Capsule manufactured by the Pfizer
- Neutrino Capsule manufactured by the Deep pharmaceutical
- Bethadoxin-SG Capsule manufactured by the Biological e.limited
- Riconia G Capsule manufactured by the Sun pharmaceutical ind.ltd.
- Snovit G Capsule manufactured by the Snomed pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Oxzim Gold Capsule manufactured by the Shine pharmaceuticals limited
- Full 365 Capsule manufactured by the Zuventus healthcare ltd.
- Diataal Capsule manufactured by the Usv limited
- Recharje Plus Capsule manufactured by the Troikaa pharmaceuticals ltd
- Farbisure Capsule manufactured by the Macleods pharmaceuticals ltd
- Eyevital Capsule manufactured by the Sunways (India) Pvt Ltd
- Nurokind Gold Capsule manufactured by the Mankind pharma ltd
- Becozinc G Capsule manufactured by Dr. Reddy’s labs
- Bevon Capsule manufactured by the Zuventus healthcare ltd.
- Zestovit Capsule manufactured by the Fusion health care (p) Ltd
- Olfit Capsule manufactured by the Glenmark pharmaceuticals ltd.
- Abcd Capsule manufactured by the Cygnus
- Multivite CD Capsule manufactured by the Aventis
- Starmune Capsule manufactured by the Akumentis healthcare ltd
- Thyrowel Capsule manufactured by the Abbott
- Combitone+ Capsule manufactured by the K c laboratories
Variants of Zevit:
Zevit is available in the following variants-
- Zevit Capsule
- Zevit Forte Capsule
- Zevit Syrup
- Zevit Drop
Zevit Capsule Suspension form:
Zevit is also available in the form of syrup. It is a multivitamin syrup that is used to aid the proper functioning of the nervous system and the brain.
Medicines that should not be administered with Zevit:
The following drugs are not recommended to be administered along with Zevit Capsules as they may cause severe side effects due to interaction-
- Heart and blood pressure drugs
- Anti-diabetic drugs
- Arsenic Trioxide
- Sulpha drugs
- Painkillers such as ibuprofen, diclofenac, etc.
Zevit Capsule Price in India
|Name of the medicine||Price (Quantity)|
|Zevit Capsule||INR 42.10 (30 Capsules)|
1) What is Zevit Capsule used to treat?
Ans: It is mainly used to treat, control, prevent and improve symptoms associated with nutritional deficiencies. It also helps in treating acne, greying of hair, and excessive hair fall.
2) Is Zevit safe for consumption?
Ans: Zevit Capsule is a nutritional supplement that is safe to use if taken in the exact dosage and duration prescribed by a medical practitioner.
3) Is Zevit Capsule available as an over- the counter medicine?
Ans: Yes, It is available as an over-the-counter medicine that can be purchased without getting a prescription from a doctor.
4) What is Zevit used for?
Ans: It is mainly used for relieving symptoms associated with nutritional deficiency of various vitamins and minerals. The drug works by boosting the immunity of the patient and fulfilling the nutritional deficiencies.
5) What are the side effects associated with administering Zevit Capsule?
Ans: A few of the most commonly occurring side effects associated with the consumption of Zevit Capsule are altered sleep patterns, distress, dizziness, loss of appetite, headache, shivering, bloating, and abdominal discomfort. Different patients may experience different side effects depending on their age and medical conditions.
6) Does Zevit help in treating hair loss as well as acne?
Ans: Yes, Zevit Capsule is known to treat hair loss, premature greying of hair, and acne triggered due to nutritive deficiencies.
7) Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery during the course of Zevit Capsule?
Ans: Zevit Capsule is a nutritional supplement that is generally not known to cause excessive drowsiness or dizziness in most cases. In case a patient experiences such symptoms, it is advised to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery during the course of Zevit Capsule.
8) Can Zevit be used to treat anemia?
Ans: Yes, Zevit Capsule is a nutritive supplement that is generally prescribed to patients suffering from anemia caused due to nutritional deficiency. It is also helpful in treating symptoms associated with anemia such as nausea, fatigue, weakness, lethargy, and shortness of breath.
9) Does Zevit Capsule help in correcting the sleep cycle of a patient?
Ans: No. It does not help in correcting the sleep cycle of a patient. Rather, it is known to cause disruption and alteration in the normal sleeping pattern of an individual.
10) Can I consume anti-diabetic medicines along with Zevit?
Ans: It is not recommended to administer anti-diabetic medicines along with Zevit Capsule. This is because anti-diabetic make Zevit Capsule less effective by reducing the amount of the drug being absorbed by the body. Unless prescribed by a doctor, the interaction of these two drugs must be avoided.
11) Can Zevit Capsule be administered by pregnant females?
Ans: Zevit Capsule is a nutritive supplement that may be prescribed to pregnant females in order to fulfill nutritional deficiencies. It is generally advised for pregnant females to administer this drug only post consultation with a doctor.
12) Can lactating mothers administer Zevit?
Ans: Yes. Zevit Capsule is generally deemed safe for use by lactating mothers but it is known to pass through breast milk. This can lead to adverse side effects on the health of the infant in some cases. Thus, a doctor must be consulted before starting the course of It.
13) Can I consume alcohol while administering Zevit Capsule?
Ans: It is not recommended to consume alcohol while taking this medicine. This is because alcohol has the tendency to cause excessive lethargy and sleepiness in the patient if being taken alongside Zevit Capsule which itself has a tendency of causing drowsiness in some cases.
14) How much time does a dose of Zevit take to show effect?
Ans: Zevit Capsule generally shows its effect within 1 week of continued oral administration.
15) Should I take Zevit Capsule before or after a meal?
Ans: It is generally advised to administer Zevit Capsule after having a meal, preferably breakfast, for maximum efficacy and appropriate absorption.
16) Is Zevit Capsule addictive by nature?
Ans: No. Medicine is not addictive by nature. All addictive drugs in India are classified as schedule X or H and as schedule II-IV in the United States. It is advised to read the packaging label of the drug carefully for all the related information.
17) Can administering Zevit cause bloating?
Ans: Yes, bloating and abdominal discomfort are very common side effects associated with the use of Zevit Capsules. The use of It causes excessive air accumulation in the gut which may result in excessive bloating in some cases. It is recommended to stay hydrated and active to avoid the occurrence of such side effects.
18) What is the generally prescribed dosage for Zevit Capsule?
Ans: The generally prescribed dosage for Zevit Capsule is 1 capsule per day. The dosage may be altered depending on the severity of the patient’s weight, age, nutritive deficiency, and medical history.
19) What will happen if I accidentally have an expired dose of Zevit Capsule?
Ans: Although there is no reported side effect of consuming an expired dose of this medicine, the efficacy of the drug may be hampered. In case of occurrence of any side effects, a doctor must be consulted immediately to seek remedial action.
20) What are the storage instructions for Zevit?
Ans: The following instructions must be kept in mind while storing Zevit capsules-
- The packaging of the medicine must not be tampered with in order to maintain its efficacy on consumption.
- The medicine should be kept out of reach of pets and children
- The medicine should be stored away from direct sunlight and heat.
- It should be stored in a dry and cool place.
- The ideal temperature for storing the medicine is below 25°C
21) Can I stop taking Zevit promptly?
Ans: No, abruptly stopping or altering the dosage of the medicine may cause the occurrence of adverse side effects and deterioration of the patient’s health. It is always advised to consult a doctor for an appropriate dosage depending on the age, health history, and condition of the patient.
22) Is it advisable to give Zevit Capsule to children?
Ans: Yes, Zevit Capsule can be administered to growing children. However, this should be done only under medical supervision. It is not advisable to administer this medication to infants as it can be harmful and dangerous for them.