Voveran SR 100 MG Tablet is an anti-inflammatory drug used in the treatment of pain arising from conditions like Gout, Arthritis, Sprains, and migraines. Voveran SR is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug i.e. NSAID, which treats pain symptoms and inflammation due to diseases like Gout, Arthritis, Migraine, Osteoarthritis, and Spondylitis. This prescription drug is manufactured and marketed by Novartis India Limited.
It comes as a tablet, injectable form, oral solution, and also topical gel. Voveran SR comes in different strengths. Voveran SR 100 MG Tablet is the most widely used form.
Uses & Benefits of Voveran SR:
The main Voveran SR use is to provide relief from symptoms associated with different kinds of pains. Voveran SR treatment helps in the alleviation of symptoms like pain, fever, stiffness, and swelling due to inflammation.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Voveran SR prescription is given to treat the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis-like inflammation, joint stiffness and pain.
- Osteoarthritis: It provides relief in pain and tenderness of joints in hands and knees due to osteoarthritis.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Stiffness and pain occurring in Ankylosing Spondylitis can be treated by Voveran SR use.
- Dysmenorrhea: Voveran SR 100 MG Tablet provide relief in severe pain during menstrual cramps.
- Common Pain: It is used in the treatment of pain due to muscle sprains, sports injury and accidental superficial injury.
- Migraine: Voveran SR treatment also provides relief from acute pain due to a migraine attack.
- Tendonitis: Pain and swelling due to inflammation of tendons can be treated with Voveran SR.
Other conditions in which Voveran SR is prescribed are bursitis, dental pain, postoperative pain, and fractures.
Read More: Naxdom 500 Uses | Urimax 0.4 Uses
Side Effects of Voveran SR:
Voveran SR 100 MG Tablet side effects may occur in some individuals due to sensitivity to Voveran SR or non-compliance with doctor’s instructions. In case of any of the following unexpected symptoms after Voveran SR administration, the health care expert should be contacted without delay.
- Gastric disturbances like constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, cramps, flatulence and inflammation of digestive tract.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Headache, dizziness and tinnitus.
- Ophthalmic manifestations as a burning and stinging sensation.
- Skin rash and local irritation (rectal).
- Hampered kidney functioning.
Read More: Budecort 0.5 Side Effects | Renerve Plus Side Effects
Common Dosages of Voveran SR:
Voveran SR 100 MG Tablet dosage is decided by the physician, based on the type and intensity of the disorder. Special caution is taken while deciding Voveran SR dosage for patients with certain conditions and ages. Hence it is advisable to inform the doctor about any underlying condition of ongoing treatment. The usual adult oral dosage for bursitis, sprains, tendonitis, joint pain, gout, and dysmenorrhea is 75-150 mg per day, in divided doses.
For migraine, recommended Voveran SR oral dosage is 50 mg after the first sign of pain and another 50 mg after 2 hours if the pain still exists. The maximum dosage, in this case, is 200 mg per day. The tablet should be swallowed whole without chewing or crushing.
Read More: Citralka Dosages | Diclomol Dosages
Composition and Nature of Voveran SR:
Voveran SR 100 MG Tablet composition is primarily of Diclofenac-100 mg.
Diclofenac or 2-(2,6- dichloroaniline) phenylacetic acid is a non-steroidal pain killer. It is presented as sodium or potassium salt. Diclofenac is a potent anti-inflammatory and antipyretic agent along with major analgesic functions. Voveran Sustained Release tablet is meant to provide a slow and prolonged release of Diclofenac in the bloodstream for longer action.
Read More: Brufen 400 Composition | Benadryl Composition
How Does Voveran SR 100 MG Tablet Works?
- Voveran SR obstructs synthesis of prostaglandins or pain signal molecules by inhibiting the action of enzyme Cyclooxygenase-2.
- Prostaglandins are molecules which are responsible for symptoms like pain, swelling and fever.
- Without the production of prostaglandins, the brain does not receive pain signals, providing pain relief to the patient.
- Voveran SR 100 MG Tablet have good penetrative ability and provide greater pain relief.
Precautions and Warning – When to avoid Voveran SR 100?
Voveran SR treatment should be started only after proper risk evaluation by the physician. The doctor’s directions should be followed correctly to avoid any complications.
- Consumption of alcohol should be avoided during Voveran SR treatment duration since it may increase the risk of pronounced side effects like gastrointestinal bleeding, headache, dizziness and fatigue.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women and women trying to conceive as there are positive evidence of fetal risk. Risk evaluation should be done by the physician.
- Voveran SR administration for lactating women may not pose any risk to the infant. Doctor’s discretion should be sought.
- Patients with kidney and liver disease may need cautious dose adjustments. Liver function tests should be conducted regularly.
- Voveran SR contraindications include hypersensitivity to Diclofenac, peptic ulcer and coronary artery bypass surgery.
- One should avoid driving in case of experiencing Voveran SR side effects like dizziness, blurred vision and fatigue.
Substitutes for Voveran SR:
Following is a list of drugs with similar composition and mode of action as Voveran SR. Hence these can be used as Voveran SR substitutes.
- Diclonac SR Tablet-100 mg by Lupin Limited.
- Fenac SR Tablet- 100 mg from Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited.
- Activa SR Tablet -100 mg from Zydus Cadila.
- Reactin SR Tablet-100 mg by Cipla Limited.
- Eldofen SR Tablet -100 mg by Elder.
Read More: Cefixime Substitutes | Duolin Substitutes
Voveran SR 100 MG Tablet Interactions with Other Drugs:
Voveran SR 100 MG Tablet interactions with other drugs and compounds may result in lowered efficacy and adverse reactions in the patient. Interactions have been reported with the following to produce adverse reactions.
- ACE inhibitors or drugs used to relax blood vessels used in the treatment of hypertension and cardiac diseases (example Ramipril).
- Loop diuretics like Furosemide and Thiazide.
- Methotrexate (immune-suppressant).
- Antibiotics like Cyclosporine.
- Anti-coagulant or blood thinners like Warfarin and Apixaban.
- Other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Antiviral drugs.
Ans: Voveran SR 100 MG Tablet should be taken as per doctor’s instructions. It is best to take Voveran SR dosage after meals to prevent gastrointestinal side effects.
Ans: Overdosing on Voveran SR 100 MG Tablet may cause serious reactions like skin rashes, chest pain, blurred vision, high blood pressure, and gastric bleeding. Health care experts should be contacted immediately in such a situation.
Ans: No, Voveran SR should not be used along with Lithium. Voveran SR increases blood lithium levels which can lead to adverse reactions.
Ans: Voveran SR treatment may cause reversible infertility in some women by affecting ovulation.
Ans: No habit-forming tendencies have been reported for Voveran SR 100 MG Tablet. However, indiscriminate use and self-medication should be avoided to prevent any complications.