Volini 50 MG Spray is a commonly used painkiller that is anti-inflammatory in nature. This is manufactured by Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited.
Volini 50 MG Spray falls under the category of non-steroid anti-inflammatory medication. It is used to treat inflammation and pain. It is an external use medication and is also available in the form of a gel for direct application.
Composition and Nature of Volini 50 MG Spray:
Volini 50 MG Spray is packaged as a solution in Spray bottles. The following are the active ingredients in the solution:
- Methyl Salicylate Topical – 10% w/w
- Menthol Topical – 5% w/w
- Linseed oil Topical- 3% w/w
- Diclofenac Diethylammonium Topical –1.16 % w/w
Each of the active ingredients has a particular function in pain relief.
Uses of Volini 50 MG Spray:
The Spray is formulated for instant relief from the following kinds of pain:
- Joint pain
- Back pain
- Pain in the shoulder
- Neck pain
- Sprains in any part of the body
- Strain in any muscle
- All musculoskeletal aches and pains
- Muscle soreness
- Pain that occurs due to injuries in the soft tissue
- Aches in the knees.
- Inflammation in the joints
- Stiffness in the joints
- Swelling in the muscles and joints
- Temporary relief from pain caused by conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis
- Stiffness and pain as a resulting from ankylosing spondylitis
- Pain and swelling resulting from tendinitis
Side Effects of Volini 50 MG Spray:
The side-effects of Volini 50 MG Spray are very rare but possible. Even though they are rare, some of them may lead to drastic outcomes. On the observance of any of the side-effects, a doctor must be consulted immediately.
The most common side-effects of Volini 50 MG Spray are:
- Allergic reactions on the skin
- Redness of the skin
- Dermatitis on repeated use
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Anaphylactic reactions
Volini Spray does not cause any internal side effects or reactions.
Dosage of Volini 50 MG Spray:
The dosage and duration prescribed by the doctor must be followed. Generally, the Spray is used as and when the pain occurs. In case of mild pain, sprains, or strains, it is advised to be used twice a day.
In case of persistent pain in adults, it should be used three to four times a day along with oral medications to address the main disorder causing the pain. In children above 12 years old, it can be used two times a day under adult supervision.
The following are the directions of use of Volini 50 MG Spray:
- The bottle should be shaken thoroughly before use
- The contents should be Sprayed on the affected area while maintaining a minimum distance of 5cm from the skin
- The contents should be Sprayed generously on the skin.
Your hands should be thoroughly washed before and after using the Spray. The area of the skin to be treated should be cleaned before using the Spray.
How does Volini 50 MG Spray work?
Menthol present in the Spray has cooling effects and cools the heat generated due to inflammation from the affected area. Linseed oil moisturizes and protects the skin and controls the burning sensation on the skin that is likely to occur while using this Spray.
The other active ingredients Methyl Salicylate and Diclofenac Diethylammonium perform the following functions:
- Reduces pain and delays the onset of muscle soreness
- Reduces the intensity of pain and relaxes the muscles
- Provides relief from musculoskeletal aches and pains
Warnings and Precautions Related to Volini 50 MG Spray:
The following are the precautions that have to be followed while using Volini 50 MG Spray:
- The Spray should only be used on clear skin and not on open wounds, injuries, rashes, chapped skin, and sunburnt skin or part of the skin with redness.
- The Spray should be kept away from the reach of children
- At all times, contact with the eyes and nose should be avoided.
- Volini Spray should not come in contact with any other mucous membranes in the body
- The Spray should not come in contact with the mouth. In case it does, rinse your mouth immediately with water.
- The treated area should not be washed for a few hours after using the Spray
- Avoid using any other products on the treated area or close to it.
- Volini Spray is not recommended for children under 12 years of age
- Avoid using the Spray if there are any cuts closer to the injured area
- Volini Spray is not recommended for people who are hypersensitive
- Volini Spray is not recommended for people who are allergic to menthol and essential oils
- Volini Spray should not be mixed with any other moisturizer or cosmetic product while its application on the affected area
Substitutes for Volini 50 MG Spray:
The following medications have the same composition and functions of Volini 50 MG Spray and hence can be used as a substitute:
- Volini gel manufactured by Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited
- Combiflam Icy Hot Fast Pain Relief manufactured by Sanofi India
- Dfo Spray manufactured by Ozone Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Omni-gel Spray manufactured by Cipla Limited
- Bignac Gel manufactured by Ronyd Healthcare Private Limited
- Vendol Gel manufactured byVencura Biotech Private Limited
- Havglo Spray manufactured byIntas Pharmaceuticals
Volini 50 MG Spray Interactions:
Volini 50 MG Spray may interact with certain drugs. While some interactions may lead to the increased risk of side effects, some may weaken the strength of the medication. Volini Spray interacts with the following drugs (some of them even when taken orally):
Though Volini Spray is only meant for external application, all the drugs consumed regularly or otherwise should be discussed with the prescribing doctor. This includes supplements and herbal medicines as well.
Ans: Yes. Since Volini 50 MG Spray is only meant for external application, it can be used even during pregnancy, but not on chapped or dry skin.
Ans: No. No cases of addiction have been reported with Volini 50 MG Spray. All addictive drugs are classified under Schedule H or Schedule X in India. Read the content on the product’s packaging to know more about the classification and the type of your drug.
Ans: Yes. Volini 50 MG Spray can be used on skin that is pigmented. Avoid using it on cuts, wounds, and acne.