Vibact DS is a probiotic capsule and unlike other drugs does not contain chemical compounds. Vibact DS is a capsule containing probiotic composite. The bacteria that make up this composite are lactobacillus that is abundantly present in our gut. Vibact DS is used to normalize the count of microbial flora in the gut.
|Nature of Vibact DS:||Probiotic|
|Composition of Vibact DS:||lactobacillus|
|Uses of Vibact DS:||Diarrhoea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Infections of the vagina, Ulcers in the digestive tract|
|Side-effects of Vibact DS:||Gas and Bloating|
|Precautions of Vibact DS:||short bowel syndrome, poor immunity, pregnant women|
Uses and benefits of Vibact DS:
Vibact DS normalizes the gut bacteria. When the number of colonies of Probiotics increases, the harmful bacteria in the stomach reduce. Vibact DS cannot solve the root cause of the disease; it can only provide temporary relief from the symptoms. Probiotics benefit the digestive system in several ways.
Vibact DS is used to treat the following diseases and disorders:
- Diarrhea caused by antibiotics
- Indigestion after chemotherapy
- Change in composition of the normal microorganisms in the intestine
- Intestinal epithelium damage that leads to indigestion
- Enteric infection in infants caused by salmonellosis
- Chronic diarrhea
- Acute diarrhea
- Traveler’s diarrhea
- Abdominal distension
- Atrophic gastroenteritis
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammation in the digestive tract
- Diarrhea that arises due to hospitalization
- Skin diseases in children who are allergic to cows milk
- Stomach infection
- Certain vaginal infections
- Vibact DS is also prescribed to boost the immune system.
Side Effects of Vibact DS:
The side-effects of Vibact DS are possible but do not always occur. Some of them can be rare, yet may lead to drastic outcomes. On the observance of any of the side-effects, a doctor must be consulted.
The most common side-effects of Vibact DS are:
- Heaviness in the stomach
Vibact DS being a probiotic does not cause any side-effects in the body. The above-mentioned side effects occur only during rare circumstances.
Common Dosage of Vibact DS:
The dosage and duration prescribed by the doctor must be followed. This capsule should be taken orally and must be swallowed as a whole. It should not be chewed on, crushed or broken. It can be taken along with food or without it but the time of consumption should be maintained throughout the course of the medication.
The dosage prescribed by the doctor may vary according to various factors such as age, medical condition and the intensity of the symptoms. There should be enough time gap between two doses of the probiotic.
In case a dose is missed, it must be taken as soon as possible. If the timing is close to the next dose, then the previous dose can be skipped. Never overdose on the medication. Though side-effects are rare, over dosage may lead to other complications.
Composition and Nature of Vibact DS:
Vibact DS belongs to a class of probiotics (live bacteria that are good for the digestive tract). Vibact DS is mainly composed of lactobacilluswhich helps to normalize the flora of the gut. Vibact DS is marketed in the form of capsules. Vibact DS as such are transparent. The fortified composite present in it is in the form of a powder which is brownish grey in color. Each capsule contains 100 million spores of Lactobacillus bacteria.
Vibact DS Price in India:
|10 capsules||USV Ltd||INR 149|
How to use Vibact DS?
- Vibact Ds must be consumed orally usually with a glass of water or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Patients having an upset stomach must consume Vibact DS along with or after a meal.
- Vibact DS must not be broken, chewed or crushed prior to its consumption.
- It is advised that the patients must take Vibact DS at a definite time with a proper interval in between.
- It is advisable for the patients to carefully read the leaflet inside the packaging to have a clear understanding of how to take Vibact DS.
How Does Vibact DS Capsule Work?
The probiotics or microbial flora present naturally in the body prevents the growth and multiplication of other disease-causing microbes. When the colonies of external bacteria or disease-causing microbes increase within the body, the population of beneficial microbial flora reduces.
When probiotics are given as a supplement, they create an acidic environment that is not suitable for the growth of invading bacteria and the colonies perish. Thus probiotics suppress and kill the growth of harmful bacteria.
This action is possible only with bacteria that invade the gut, stomach, and digestive organs. Probiotics cannot act against bacteria that affect any other part of the body like excretory organs or reproductive organs.
When is Vibact DS prescribed?
Vibact DS is usually prescribed to treat conditions such as diarrhoea, ulcers in the digestive tract, irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion etc.
Warnings and Precautions: When to avoid Vibact DS?
The following are the precautions that have to be followed for the duration of consumption of Vibact DS.
- Vibact DS is not meant for people below three years of age
- Vibact DS is not recommended for people suffering from AIDS (HIV infection)
- Caution should be ensured by people who have poor immunity while consuming this capsule
- Vibact DS is not recommended for people who take immune suppressants after an organ transplant
- Caution should be ensured by pregnant women while consuming this capsule. Dose adjustment may be needed.
- Caution should be ensured by lactating mothers while consuming this capsule.
- Vibact DS is not recommended for people suffering from short bowel syndrome
- Vibact DS cannot be consumed immediately before or after taking antibiotics. There should be at least 2 hours gap between an antibiotic dose and probiotic.
- Caution should be ensured by people suffering from kidney ailments before taking this capsule.
- Caution should be ensured by people suffering from liver diseases and disorders before taking this capsule.
- Vibact DS should be stored only at room temperature and never frozen though they contain bacterial spores.
- Vibact DS is not recommended for people who are hypersensitive
- Vibact DS is not recommended for people with a severe infection in the intestine
- Avoid taking Vibact DS when you have a high fever.
Substitutes for Vibact DS:
The following medications have the same composition and functions of Vibact DS and hence can be used as a substitute:
- Providac Capsule manufactured by Zydus Cadila
- Darolac Capsule manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Private Limited
- Ecoflora Capsule manufactured by Tablets India Limited
- Prowel Capsule manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Limited
- Bifilac Capsule manufactured by Tablets India Limited
- Vizylac Capsule manufactured by Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Yogut Capsule manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Biglac Capsule manufactured by Foregen Healthcare Limited
Vibact DS Interactions:
Probiotics interact with certain other drugs. While some interactions may lead to an increased risk of side-effects, some may weaken the strength of the probiotic. Vibact DS interacts with the following drugs:
- Most antibiotics
- Immunosuppressant drugs
- Antifungals like itraconazole, ketoconazole, and fluconazole
All the drugs consumed regularly or otherwise should be discussed with the doctor while taking a prescription. This includes supplements and herbal medicines.
Suspension of Vibact DS:
Vibact dry syrup comprises of Clostridium butyricum, Streptococcus thermophiles, Lactobacillus sporogenes and Bacillus mesentericus. This syrup is usually prescribed for the treatment of diarrhoea caused by antibiotics. The syrup works by restoring the natural flora of the gut and intestines. The Vibact dry syrup also facilitates lactose digestion and inhibits the growth of gram-negative bacteria.
Medicines that should not be taken with Vibact DS:
Medicines that should not be consumed along with Vibact DS are –
How to store Vibact DS Capsule?
- Vibact DS must be stored at room temperature.
- Vibact DS must be kept at a place which is moisture free.
- Vibact DS must be kept away from the reach of pets and children.
- It is advised that the patients must not flush Vibact DS to dispose of it, because it can contaminate the environment.
1) Can I take Vibact DS along with alcohol?
Ans: Limited information is available on how Vibact DS reacts with alcohol. Consult a medical practitioner to know more about probiotic interactions.
2) Does Vibact DS make me feel drowsy?
Ans: No. Vibact DS does not cause drowsiness or dizziness after consumption. If you feel the same, consult a doctor immediately.
3) Can I take Vibact DS along with supplements?
Ans: Yes. Vibact DS can be taken with supplements. It is good to inform your physician of the supplements you take before starting the course of Vibac DS.
4) What will happen if a person consumes an expired dose of Vibact DS capsule?
Ans: Taking a single dose of an expired medicine may not cause any harmful effects but Vibact DS may become less effective in treating the prescribed condition. If the expired medicine is consumed regularly, the patients may not see any improvement in their conditions. Therefore, it is suggested that the patients must carefully look at the expiry date of Vibact DS before consuming it.
5) What is the Vibact DS?
Ans: Vibact DS is a probiotic drug. Vibact DS usually prescribed to provide relief during an upset stomach and to boost immunity. Lactobacillus present in the drug helps restore the natural flora of the intestines and the gut.
6) How long does it take for Vibact DS to show their effect?
Ans: Vibact DS may exhibit their effect just after a few hours of administration. However, the effect may vary from patient to patient depending upon their health condition.
7) What should be the appropriate time gap between two Vibact DS doses?
Ans: Vibact DS must be consumed at a time gap of approximately 4 – 6 hours. However, the doctor may prescribe a high or low frequency of dose depending upon the patient’s health status.
8) Is Vibact DS safe for pregnant women?
Ans: Probiotics are usually considered safe for pregnant women. However, they must not be administered without consulting a doctor.
9) Is the consumption of Vibact DS safe for lactating mothers?
Ans: Yes, the consumption of Vibact DS is safe for lactating mothers. No data has reported any kind of problem in the baby if the mother consumes this drug. However, Vibact DS must only be consumed if prescribed by the doctor and all the associated risks must be thoroughly discussed.
10) Can I use Vibact DS for diarrhea?
Ans: Yes, you may use Vibact DS to alleviate diarrhoea and associated symptoms. Vibact DS is also prescribed to treat diarrhoea that has been specifically caused due to the consumption of antibiotics. Vibact DS belong to a class of probiotics that helps restore the natural bacterial flora of the gut and the intestines.
11) Should Vibact DS be taken empty stomach, before or after food?
Ans: Vibact DS must be taken after food. However, it is advisable to follow the instructions of the doctor on how to consume Vibact DS.
12) Is Vibact DS habit forming?
Ans: No, Vibact DS are not habit forming.
13) Can Vibact DS be administered to children?
Ans: Yes, medicine is safe for the consumption of children above the age of 3 years. However, the doctor must be consulted before the consumption of the medicine.
14) Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery after the consumption of Vibact DS?
Ans: Yes, it is safe to drive or operate heavy machinery after the consumption of Vibact DS, as the medicine does not cause drowsiness. However, if a patient experiences dizziness, drowsiness or a headache after the consumption of Vibact DS, he/she must not drive or operate heavy machinery. In case these side effects persist for a longer duration, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
15) Can I stop using medicine as soon as I see improvement in my conditions?
Ans: No, it is not advisable to stop the consumption of Vibact DS immediately after a patient notices an improvement in its condition. It is important to complete the course of Vibact DS, to fully restore the natural bacterial flora in the body.
16) What will happen if a patient consumes more than the prescribed dose of Vibact DS?
Ans: If a patient consumes more than the prescribed dose of Vibact DS, some side effects may occur. These side effects include dry skin, dizziness and severe thirst. In case the condition becomes severe, the doctor must be immediately consulted.
17) Does Vibact DS cause any bad impact on the kidneys?
Ans: Vibact DS must be taken with caution in patients suffering from kidney related ailments. A dose adjustment may be required in such cases.
18) What are the possible side effects of consuming Vibact DS?
Ans: Gas and bloating are two of the most common side effects of consuming Vibact DS. However, in rare cases, the patients may experience dizziness and blurred vision.
19) Does the consumption of Vibact DS capsule cause any allergic reactions?
Ans: The allergic reactions that may be reported after the consumption of Vibact DS capsules are breathlessness and rashes. However, these reactions are very rare. If the allergy upsurges, the doctor must be immediately consulted.
20) Do I need to avoid a particular food item during the consumption of Vibact DS?
Ans: No, there is no need to avoid any food item during the consumption of Vibact DS.
21) What is the most commonly prescribed dose for Vibact DS capsule?
Ans: The most commonly prescribed dose of Vibact DS is 2 capsules to be taken 2- 4 times a day. The dosage may vary depending upon the age and condition of the patient.