Manufactured by USV Limited, Vibact capsule is a dietary supplement that belongs to the group of drugs known as probiotics. The capsule contains Streptococcus Faecalis, Clostridium Butyricum, Bacillus Mesentericus and Lactobacillus Sporegens as its active ingredients. The medicine is generally used for treating gut and intestinal-related ailments, such as diarrhea, indigestion, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, and gastrointestinal disorders.
|Uses||Irritable bowel syndrome, Ulcers in the stomach, Diarrhea, Vaginal infections, Lung infections|
|Composition||Lactobacillus, Streptococcus Faecalis, Clostridium Butyricum, BacillusMesentericus|
|Side effects||Gastro-intestinal infections, Abdominal Discomfort, Gas, Dizziness, Bloating,|
|Precautions||Patients have a high fever, short bowel syndrome, weak immune system or hypersensitivity towards probiotics.|
Uses & Benefits of Vibact:
This drug is mainly used to treat, control, prevent and improve the symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome. A few signs and symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome are-
- Abdominal pain
- Alternating Constipation and Diarrhea
- Change in bowel habits
- Passing excessive amount of gas
- Urgency to defecate
- Failure to completely empty bowels
- Unexplained loss of appetite
The above-mentioned symptoms are relieved by the use of Vibact Capsule. A few other conditions treated by the use of Vibact are-
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Bacterial infections
- Increases Immunity
- Gastric disorders
- Bacterial infection
- Vaginal infection
- Infections caused due to prolonged use of antibiotics
- Stomach Ulcers
- Gastric ulcers
- Boosting the immune system
Side Effects of Vibact:
This prescription-only medicine must be taken only post consultation with a doctor in order to avoid the occurrence of any unwanted side- effects. A few commonly occurring side effects caused due to the intake of this medicine are-
- Skin rash
- High fever
- Difficulty in breathing
- Abdominal discomfort
Common Dosage of Vibact:
- This medicine should be taken exactly as prescribed by a registered medical practitioner to avoid any risk associated with its consumption. Most doctors generally prescribe patients to administer the medicine not more than 4 times a day.
- In the case of a missed dose, it should be taken as soon as it is remembered. However, if it is already time for the next dose, it is advisable to skip the missed dose to avoid any complications arising out of overdosing on the medicine.
- In case of a suspected overdose, it is essential to report the same to the prescribing doctor, especially on experiencing any side effects; to seek immediate medical assistance.
- The course of treatment prescribed by the doctor must be strictly adhered to and the dosage of the medicine must not be altered or stopped abruptly.
Composition and Nature of Vibact:
Vibact Capsule is a probiotic drug that is known to restore a healthy balance in the gut and intestinal flora. The medicine inhibits the reproduction of harmful bacteria in the gut and the intestines.
Its active ingredients include:
- Bacillus Mesentericus
- Streptococcus Faecalis
- Clostridium Butyricum
Vibact Capsule Price in India:
|Name of the medicine||Price (Quantity)|
|Vibact Capsule||INR 99.50 (10 Capsules)|
How to use Vibact?
- This capsule should be swallowed whole with water. It is not advised to administer the medicine with citrus fruit juices as they may cause irritation in the stomach.
- It is not advisable to crush, break or chew the capsules.
- Vibact Capsule capsules are generally advised to be taken after having a meal in order to maximize absorption and efficacy.
How Vibact works?
Vibact Capsule is a probiotic drug that inhibits the effect of bad bacteria in the gut and the intestine. The medicine consists of Lactobacillus, Bacillus Mesentericus, Clostridium butyricum, and Streptococcus Faecalis. These elements work by restricting the growth of bad bacteria and increasing the level of good bacteria in the gut. It destroys harmful bacteria and strengthens the immune system of the body.
When Vibact Capsule is prescribed?
This drug is generally prescribed to treat symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome. It may also be prescribed to treat stomach and gastric ulcers, vaginal infections, and gastrointestinal ailments.
The vibact capsule is also known to increase the immunity of the patient.
Precautions and Warnings – When to Avoid Vibact Capsule?
- The patient must refrain from taking any other drug along with Vibact Capsule without the consultation of a doctor
- Patients suffering from short bowel syndrome are advised against administering this drug as it may lead to worsening of their symptoms.
- This medicine must not be administered by pregnant females unless deemed absolutely necessary and only if prescribed by a doctor.
- Lactating females are advised not to consume the capsule as it passes through the breast milk in large amounts and may hamper the health of the breastfeeding infant.
- Vibact Capsule should not be taken by patients suffering from Glaucoma as it is known to cause an adverse effect on the optic nerves.
Interaction with Alcohol-
Vibact Capsule is known to interact with alcohol and produce adverse side effects such as excessive drowsiness and dizziness in most cases. Thus, it is advised to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the course of Vibact Capsule.
Interaction with diseases-
Vibact Capsule must be administered with caution and only post consultation with a doctor by patients suffering from any of the following conditions, illness or diseases-
- Infants under 6 months of age
- Myasthenia gravis
- Nursing mothers
- Obstructive disease of the gastrointestinal tract
- Obstructive uropathy
- Severe ulcerative colitis
- Unstable cardiovascular status in acute hemorrhage
Interaction with drugs-
Vibact Capsule is known to interact with the following drugs. Thus, they should not be administered while taking Vibact Capsule.
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Sympathomimetic agents
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
Medicines that should not be taken with Vibact Capsule
- Antihistamines such as fexofenadine, levocetirizine, cetirizine, loratadine
- Nitrates and nitrites
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Narcotic pain medications such as meperidine
- Benzodiazepines (lorazepam, clonazepam, and diazepam)
- Antipsychotic drugs such as fluphenazine, chlorpromazine, and perphenazine
- Tricyclic antidepressants such as protriptyline, rasagiline, phenelzine, tranylcypromine, desipramine, imipramine, trimipramine, selegiline, amitriptyline, doxepin, clomipramine, and nortriptyline.
How to store Vibact?
- Vibact Capsule must be stored away from direct heat and sunlight.
- It must be stored in a cool and dry place.
- It must ideally be stored between 15°- 25° C
- It must be kept out of reach of children and pets
- The packaging of the medicine must not be tampered with in order to maintain its efficacy on consumption.
1) What is Vibact Capsule used to treat?
Ans: Vibact Capsule is mainly used to treat, control, prevent and improve symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps in treating stomach ulcers and various gastrointestinal ailments.
2) Is Vibact Capsule safe for consumption?
Ans: Vibact Capsule is a probiotic that is safe to use if taken in the exact dosage and duration prescribed by a medical practitioner.
3) Is Vibact Capsule available as an over- the counter medicine?
Ans: Vibact Capsule is a prescription-only medicine that can only be purchased post getting a prescription from a doctor. It is not available for purchase over-the-counter without a doctor’s prescription.
4) What is Vibact Capsule used for?
Ans: This medicine is mainly used for relieving symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome. The drug works by boosting the immunity of the patient and inhibiting the growth of bad bacteria in the gut and intestine. It also enhances the growth and sustainability of good bacteria in the body.
5) What are the side effects associated with administering Vibact Capsule?
Ans: A few of the most commonly occurring side effects associated with the consumption of Vibact Capsule are dizziness, headache, chills, lightheadedness, gas, bloating, and flatulence. Different patients may experience different side effects depending on their age and medical conditions.
6) Does Vibact Capsule help in getting relief from nausea?
Ans: Vibact Capsule may help in relieving nausea caused due to irritable bowel syndrome but it does not help in getting rid of nausea arising out of any other condition or illness.
7) Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery post administering Vibact Capsule?
Ans: Vibact Capsule is a probiotic that is generally not known to cause excessive drowsiness or dizziness in most cases. In case a patient experiences such symptoms, it is advised to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery while administering Vibact Capsule.
8) Can Vibact Capsule be used to treat diarrhea?
Ans: Yes, Vibact Capsule is a probiotic that is generally prescribed to patients suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. It may help in subsiding symptoms associated with diarrhea caused due to various conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome and traveler’s diarrhea.
9) Does Vibact Capsule help in relieving abdominal cramps?
Ans: No. Vibact Capsule does not help in getting relief from abdominal cramps. It is a probiotic supplement that is used to promote the growth of good bacteria in the gut and intestine.
10) Can I consume over- the- counter antacids along with Vibact Capsule?
Ans: It is not recommended to administer over-the-counter antacids along with Vibact Capsule. This is because antacids make Vibact Capsule less effective by reducing the amount of the drug being absorbed by the body. Unless prescribed by a doctor, the interaction of these two drugs must be avoided.
11) Can Vibact Capsule be administered by pregnant females?
Ans: Vibact Capsule is a prescription-only medicine that must only be used post consultation from a doctor. It is generally advised for pregnant females to avoid administering this drug. If it is absolutely necessary for the pregnant female to administer this medicine, doctor consultation is very important.
12) Can lactating mothers administer Vibact Capsule?
Ans: No. Vibact Capsule is not commonly advised to lactating mothers as it has the tendency to pass through breast milk in large amounts. This can lead to adverse side effects on the health of the infant. Thus, a doctor must be consulted before starting the course of this medicine.
13) Can I consume alcohol while administering Vibact Capsule?
Ans: It is not recommended to consume alcohol while taking Vibact Capsule. This is because alcohol has the tendency to cause excessive drowsiness in the patient if being taken alongside Vibact Capsule which itself has a tendency of causing lethargy and sleepiness in some cases.
14) How much time does a dose of Vibact Capsule take to show effect?
Ans: Vibact Capsule generally shows its effect within 24 hours of oral administration.
15) Should I take this capsule before or after a meal?
Ans: It is generally advised to administer Vibact Capsule after having a meal for maximum efficacy and appropriate absorption.
16) Is this medicine addictive by nature?
Ans: No. Medicine is not addictive by nature. All addictive drugs in India are classified as schedule X or H and as schedule II-IV in the United States. It is advised to read the packaging label of the drug carefully for all the related information.
17) Can administering Vibact Capsules cause bloating?
Ans: Yes, bloating and flatulence are very common side effects associated with the use of Vibact Capsules. The use of the medicine causes excessive air accumulation in the gut that may result in excessive bloating. It is recommended to stay hydrated and active to avoid the occurrence of such side effects.
18) What is the normally prescribed dosage for Vibact Capsule?
Ans: The generally prescribed dosage for Vibact Capsule is 4 capsules per day. The dosage may be altered depending on the severity of the patient’s condition, age, and medical history.
19) What will happen if I accidentally have an expired dose of Vibact Capsule?
Ans: Although there is no reported side effect of consuming an expired dose of this capsule, the efficacy of the drug may be hampered.
20) What are the storage instructions for this Capsules?
Ans: The following storage instructions must be followed for Vibact-
- The medicine should be kept out of reach of pets and children
- The packaging of the medicine must not be tampered with in order to maintain its efficacy on consumption.
- The ideal temperature for storing the medicine is below 25°C
- It should be stored in a dry and cool place.
- The medicine should be stored away from direct sunlight and heat.
21) Can I stop taking the medicine promptly?
Ans: It is advised to consult a doctor for dosage suggestions as per health history and condition, as stopping or starting the medicine promptly may cause adverse side effects and cause deterioration of the health of the patient.