Unwanted 72 tablets are emergency oral contraceptive pills used by females. These unwanted 72 tablets are a safe and effective way to prevent an unplanned pregnancy after unprotected sexual intercourse. The working mechanism of this pill is that it stops the ovaries from releasing the egg and thus prevents the fertilization of the egg.
|Nature of Unwanted 72:||Birth Control Medicine|
|Uses of Unwanted 72:||Birth control and long-term contraceptive|
|Composition of Unwanted 72:||Levonorgestrel- 0.75 mg|
|Side effects of Unwanted 72:||Irregular bleeding, Headache, Dizziness, Nausea, Vomiting|
|Precautions related to Unwanted 72:||Allergies, existing pregnancy, pre-existing diseases|
Unwanted 72 Tablet Composition:
The major ingredient of Unwanted 72 tablet is Levonorgestrel. Levonorgestrel is a hormonal medication, present in most oral contraceptive medicines. Every strip contains only one tablet and each tablet contains 0.75 mg of Levonorgestrel. Levonorgestrel is also popularly referred to as Plan B among other variants being sold in the market.
Uses & Benefits of Unwanted 72 Tablet:
Unwanted 72 tablets are forms of emergency contraception that needs to be consumed in the event of failure of contraceptive methods or prior to unprotected sex, in order to prevent an unwanted and unplanned pregnancy.
- Unwanted 72 tablets work by delaying ovulation and thus preventing the egg to release from the ovary for the purpose of fertilization. Unwanted 72 prevents a fertilized egg to place itself in the uterus or inhibit the process of fertilization of the sperm and the egg completely. It must be noted that
- Emergency contraceptive pills such as unwanted 72 do not protect against sexually transmitted diseases such as herpes, chlamydia, HIV/AIDS.
- It does not lead to abortions in case the pregnancy has already happened.
- The effectiveness of the pill depends on how soon an Unwanted 72 tablet is taken after having unprotected sexual intercourse. The sooner unwanted 72 is taken, the higher are the chances of it to be most effective in preventing an unwanted pregnancy.
- This medicine contraceptive pill cannot be taken after 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse. It becomes inefficient in restricting the fertilization process as in most cases the egg is already fertilized in 3 days’ time.
What are the side effects of unwanted 72?
Unwanted 72 pills are not known to have any serious long-term side effects. A few of the bad effects that might be experienced by females after consuming this tablet are:
- Some women are very likely to experience delayed menstruation in their next cycle after taking this Unwanted 72 pill.
- A headache
- Consumption of pill may cause Tenderness of the breasts.
- Some spotting or bleeding before the expected start of the menstruation cycle
- Consumption of medicine may cause Flu-like symptoms
- Body aches
- Consumption of Unwanted 72 tablet may cause Nasal congestion.
- Consumption of this pill may cause Stomach cramps, bloating and upset stomach.
- It may cause Vomiting and nausea.
- Irregular bleeding
Unwanted 72 Side Effects on the Periods/ Menstrual Cycle:
- The hormones released in a female body, prepare it for pregnancy every single month. In case the female does not get pregnant, the body regulates itself by discharging blood, mucosal tissue and the inner lining of the uterus through the vagina. This is referred to as periods.
- It is an oral injection of Levonorgestrel, which are artificial hormones, which help in avoiding the occurrence of pregnancy.
- Post the consumption of the medicine, the chemical hormones in the body are affected substantially. This affects the regular menstrual cycle of a female and causes a delay in periods.
- Depending on the time of the phase of the monthlies , periods can either be delayed or have an early onset.
- In most cases, periods get delayed as a result of the effect of the contraceptive nature of the medicine. In the next period, females who have consumed Unwanted 72 tablet experience more than usual bleeding and pain. This is because of the artificially created uterus lining that is made in order to avoid the occurrence of the pregnancy.
Common Dosage of Unwanted 72 tablets:
Unwanted 72 tablet should be used only as a means of the emergency pill because emergency contraception pill has the tendency to cause severe side effects if used regularly. In any case, it should not be used as a substitute for regular forms of birth control, such as contraceptive pills or condoms. In order for it to be effective, one tablet of the contraceptive pill must be consumed within 72 hours of the contraceptive failure or the unprotected intercourse. If the use of medicine is delayed by 72 hours post sexual activity, it is very likely that unwanted 72 tablet would not be able to do its job as a preventative measure against pregnancy.
How much unwanted 72 tablets cost?
Unwanted 72 Price in India = INR 90/ Unwanted 72 Tablet
How do I take Unwanted 72 pills?
Although it is advised by most doctors to consume unwanted 72 pill after eating meals, it can be taken at any time through the day. Proper doctor consultation must be taken from a doctor who bears full knowledge of the medical history of the person using this tablet in order to avoid any contraindications or interactions. The main fact to keep in mind while taking this medicine is the time. The Unwanted 72 must be taken within 72 hours of contraceptive failure or unprotected intercourse.
What happens after taking unwanted 72 tablet?
- if consumed within 72 hours of the contraceptive failure or unprotected sex, helps in preventing pregnancy by stopping the hormonal processes within the female body which leads to pregnancy. The hormones responsible for these processes are LH or Luteinizing hormones and FSH or follicle stimulating hormones.
- Unwanted 72 tablet prevents an egg from being released by the female ovary, and in case the egg has already been released, the contraceptive pill prevents the sperm from fertilizing the egg. In case the egg had been fertilized by the time the pill was consumed, it would then prevent the egg from attaching itself to the womb lining.
- The medicine is very effective when taken within the stipulated time frame but the sooner it is consumed, the more effective it is. Thus Unwanted 72 effectivity is more when consumed after 24 hours of the contraceptive failure or unprotected sex, compared to its effectivity after 48 hours.
Who Should not use unwanted 72 tablet?
- Unwanted 72 tablet should be used only as an emergency contraceptive and not as a regular contraceptive method. It can be used by a majority of women out there but there are some very important precautions that need to be kept in mind.
- People who have a known history of allergy to Levonorgestrel should not consume medicine since this is one of its vital ingredients.
- Women who are suffering from breast cancer, or have a history of breast cancer should also avoid any intake of the medicine.
- If someone has a history of abnormal vaginal bleeding, they should not take Unwanted 72 pill unless they consult a doctor first and get the advice to go ahead to do so.
- People who have suffered from strokes should also maintain adequate precautions before taking this medicine since it is not generally advisable for them to take it.
Unwanted 72 Substitutes:
Unwanted 72 is a means of emergency oral contraceptive which is used to avoid the onset of pregnancy post unprotected sexual activity. There are quite a few substitutes for this pill available as a means of emergency oral contraceptives in the market at present. A few of these substitutes are-
- Postpone 72 Tablet
- Suvida Tablet
- i-Pill Tablet
- Instafree 72 Tablet
- Truston 2
- Nextime pill
- No-will pill
Unwanted 72 tablets Interaction:
The pill does not generally cause any adversity to the patient’s health in case of being consumed along with medication for other medical conditions. A doctor’s consultation is always advised before consuming the medicine with any other supplement or medication. It is quintessential to inform the doctor of any drugs, medicines, herbal supplements or chemical supplements being taken by the patient.
The tablet of unwanted 72 is seen to interact with some chemical compounds which have the probability of either hindering the effect of the unwanted 72 or increases the chances of occurrence of side effects.
A few of these chemical compounds which are unsafe to be taken alongside unwanted 72 tablet are-
- St. John’s Wort
Unwanted 72 Contradictions:
In most cases, unwanted 72 pills do not create any adverse health complication on consumption. But people with a history of a few medical conditions have been seen to have some contraindications on the consumption of the contraceptive pill. A list of some contraindications which pose a risk of causing harm to the person consuming this tablet are-
- Undiagnosed vaginal bleeding
- Hepatic impairment
- History of breast cancer
- Severe arterial disease
- Liver disease
What it is prescribed for?
The unwanted 72 is prescribed in following conditions:
- The tablet of unwanted 72 is usually recommended as emergency preventive medicine.
- It is a secondary option in case of unprotected sex due to failure of primary protection method.
How to Store Unwanted 72 tablet?
Following storage instruction should be kept in mind while storing the medicine:
- The unwanted 72 medicine should be stored at room temperature.
- Places prone to moisture should be avoided.
- Direct sunlight area should be avoided.
- Places prone to children and pets should not be used to store this medicine.
1) What is the use of unwanted 72 tablet?
Ans: It is an emergency preventive pill which is used to avoid pregnancy in case of unprotected sex.
2) When should the unwanted 72 tablets be taken?
Ans: The tablets must be consumed within 72 hours of having unprotected sex or irregular consumption of birth control pills or contraceptive failure.
3) Is unwanted 72 effective in avoiding unwanted pregnancy?
Ans: The pill is most effective when taken right after having unprotected sex. Although the pill is effective for up to 72 hours post the physical act, its effect reduces over time.
4) How should the tablet of unwanted 72 be consumed?
Ans: It is an emergency oral contraceptive that, as the name suggests, must be taken orally along with water.
5) How often it is safe to be used?
Ans: Unwanted 72 must only be used as a means of the emergency diaphragm as it has a possibility of causing side effects in the female body. In terms of frequency, it can be taken more than once in the month but dependency must be avoided. Conventional methods such as birth control pills and condoms are a much favorable substitute for unwanted 72 pills.
6) What are the common side effects of pregnancy pills?
Ans: A lthough the consumption of unwanted 72 in case of emergency is safe for most women, it may cause some side effects in some females. These side effects can range from simple headaches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, lower abdominal pain to severe vaginal bleeding. The monthlies is also affected by the consumption of this pill and may lead to early or late periods.
7) Is drug effective in case of frequent consumption due to multiple physical acts within small intervals of time?
Ans: Yes, the efficiency of the unwanted 72 remains the same despite multiple acts of sexual intercourse. The main contributing factor is that the medicine is taken within 72 hours of the physical activity to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
8) What is the main difference between an ‘abortion pill’ and an ‘emergency contraceptive pill’?
Ans: With the union of the female egg with the male sperm, the egg gets fertilized in the ampulla of the fallopian tube. The fertilization of the egg gives way for pregnancy. An emergency contraceptive pill is responsible for delaying the release of the egg and prevents the movement of the sperm towards the egg. This helps in avoiding the fertilization of the egg and in turn, helps in steering clear of pregnancy. On the other hand, an abortion pill is taken after the pregnancy has already occurred. It helps in stopping the development of the pregnancy and helps in adjusting the lining of the womb in a manner that the fertilized egg is separated by its lining hence giving way to abortion. Unwanted 72 is an emergency contraceptive and it would not be effective in case a female is already pregnant.
9) Can unwanted 72 be used in place of regular birth control pills?
Ans: It can only be used as an emergency preventive medicine within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse or contraceptive failure like breaking of a condom. It is not feasible to be used as a regular birth control measure as it has the tendency to give way to a number of complications and health adversities in the long run.
10) Does it protect against HIV/AIDS and STDs (Sexually transmitted diseases)?
Ans: Unwanted 72 or any other emergency diaphragm does not provide any protection from HIV/ AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases. Condoms are the only means that can be used to protect against the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.
11) Should it be taken with, before or after having food?
Ans: It is recommended by most doctors to take this pill post eating meals. Although this is a general consultation, a doctor who is aware of the medical history of a patient must always be consulted before consuming the medicine.
12) Is safe to take unwanted 72 pill safe for females who are breastfeeding?
Ans: Although the medicine has been established to be safe and does not show any adverse effects on a lactating mother or her child, it is always advised to consult a physician before consuming the pill.
13)Is unwanted 72 an abortion pill?
Ans: There is a magnitude of the difference between an emergency diaphragm and an abortion pill. An abortion pill is used to stop the course of the pregnancy which has already occurred while an emergency preventive pill is used to avoid the occurrence of pregnancy altogether. Unwanted 72 has no effect on an already occurred pregnancy condition.
14) Can it be taken at any time?
Ans: It is an emergency preventive medicine which is used to avoid the occurrence of pregnancy by restricting the process of fertilization of the egg with the sperm. It must be taken within 72 hours of an unprotected sexual activity to be safe. Post 72 hours, Unwanted 72 tablet is not effective at all. In no case, the drug should be taken without consulting a physician or as a means of the regular birth control method.
15) Can unwanted 72 be a replacement for other birth control methods?
Ans: Unwanted 72 tablet should never be used as a replacement for birth control methods or be consumed regularly. It has strong chemical compounds, which have the ability to be very harmful to the body if taken frequently, and may leave the body with serious medical problems. It should only be used in case of emergency post consultation with a doctor who has full knowledge of the medical history of the patient.
16) It is normal for a female to experience very painful periods after taking Unwanted 72?
Ans: Yes. It is possible for a female to experience very heavy bleeding as well as more than usual pain in their period’s post consuming unwanted 72. This is because of the effect of the artificial hormones present in the medicine that cause an artificial wall to form inside the uterus in order to prevent the pregnancy.
17) How many times can Unwanted 72 be taken in one month?
Ans: This tablet is a form of emergency contraceptive. It must only be used in case of an emergency or in case of contraceptive failure. Unwanted 72 tablets should not be consumed often as it causes injection of artificial hormones in the body which causes an ill effect on the normal period and may lead to serious complications.
18) What will happen if Unwanted 72 is taken three times in one month?
Ans: It is not a means of contraception. It is only an emergency diaphragm that must be used at a time of an emergency or in case of contraceptive failure. Abusing this birth control pill may result in severe side effects and hormonal imbalance.
19) Is it possible to pregnant even after taking Unwanted 72?
Ans : It is possible to get pregnant despite taking medicine. This can happen in case the dosage is taken 72 hours after having unprotected intercourse. The medicine is not 100% effective. Depending on which phase of the menstrual cycle a female is in, the effectiveness of the Unwanted 72 tablet is reduced.
20) If a female experience the onset of periods earlier than her cycle after taking Unwanted 72 tablet, should she consult a doctor?
Ans: No. it is very common for females to experience early onset of periods after taking Unwanted 72. This is because, by the means of taking the pill, the person is injecting artificial hormones in the body which may affect multiple people differently. The bleeding and pain will subside in the normal time and the body will get back to its normal cycle.
21) How long does the effect of Unwanted 72 last?
Ans: The effect of Unwanted 72 generally lasts for only 1 to 2 sexual encounters. Caution should be taken that the sexual activity must be within 72 hours of taking this medicine. The tablet is not effective to post 72 hours of the unprotected sexual activity or contraceptive failure.
22) Can it be taken alongside antibiotics?
Ans: Yes. In most cases, antibiotics do not hinder the effect of emergency preventive medicine. A doctor must be consulted before taking tablet along with antibiotics in order to prevent the onset of any side- effects of unwanted 72.
23) If it is taken 24 hours before having sex, will it help in preventing pregnancy?
Ans: No. Unwanted 72 tablet is referred to as a morning after pill which signifies that it can only prevent pregnancies which may arise as a result of sexual activity prior to its consumption. This pill must be taken within 72 hours of contraceptive failure or unprotected sexual activity.