Ultracet tablet is a combination medicine used in the treatment of moderate to severe pain caused by headache, fever and other conditions. Ultracet should be used with caution as it has potential to cause addiction and abuse even if it is recommended by the doctor, especially when taken for a long period of time.
|Nature of Ultracet:||Alkaline|
|Uses of Ultracet:||Ear pain, joint pain, arthralgia and tooth ache|
|Composition of Ultracet:||Paracetamol or acetaminophen and Tramadol|
|Side effects of Ultracet:||Nausea, vomiting, constipation, lightheadedness, dizziness|
|Precautions of Ultracet:||Avoid during pregnancy and breastfeeding|
Ultracet can be addictive even if taken at regular doses. Patients should use this drug cautiously and should not stop its medication without first consulting the doctor. The doses being consumed should be monitored and Ultracet should not be consumed without a prescription from the doctor.
Ultracet Uses And Benefits:
- Ear pain: Ultracet is used to treat ear pain that is caused by ear injury or inflammation. Treatment for ear pain may include over-the-counter product and other painkillers like acetaminophen, Ibuprofen and NSAIDs.
- Joint pain: This medicinal tablet is used to treat joint pains that might be result of inflammation or injuries. It is used in curing joint pains associated with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Toothache: Ultracet helps in providing relief from tooth pain or any sort of infection that may cause pus around the roots of the teeth.
- Headache: This drug helps in curing headache caused due to stress, muscle tension and hunger. It also helps in curing headache that is caused during or after menstruation.
- Arthralgia: Ultracet helps in curing Arthralgia that is caused due to obesity. Arthralgia is caused when the excess weight of the body puts lots of pressure on the joints.
- Osteoarthritis: Ultracet is used to treat symptoms like joint stiffness, painful joints and lower back pain associated with osteoarthritis.
How to Use Ultracet?
Patients should not take Ultracet in doses more than the recommended dose. Misuse of Ultracet can cause addiction, overdose and even death, especially to a child or an adult using it without prescription. One should not take Ultracet if they are suffering with breathing problems, have blockage in their stomach or if they have used an MAO inhibitor recently. Ultracet should not be given to children below 12 years of age. Ultracet should not be used by patients below the age of 18 years or patients who recently underwent a surgery to remove tonsils.
Common Dosage Of Ultracet:
Ultracet should be consumed orally or as instructed by the doctor. Ultracet can be taken with or without food, but it should be taken at a fixed time till the course of Ultracet is complete. Patients suffering with nausea should take Ultracet with food; this will help the patients in taking the medicine easily. The dosage of the tablet is based on a person’s medical condition and receptivity to treatment. Patients should not increase the dose, take Ultracet frequently, or take it for a longer time than prescribed, unless advised by the doctor.
Ultracet should be swallowed whole. Ultracet should not be crushed, chewed or broken before consuming it. The maximum dose generally prescribed is 2 tablets to 8 tablets per day.
Such pain medications show best results when taken after the first sign of pain. If the patients wait until the pain gets worse, before consuming Ultracet, Ultracet might prove to be ineffective.
Patients should be cautious with the dosage of Ultracet, and should not skip any dose. In case if the patient skips a dose, he or she should take the moment they remember it. However, if it is the time for next dosage, then one should skip the missed dose. Avoid taking double dosage strictly.
One should seek an immediate medical treatment in case of overdose. Symptoms of overdose may cause vomiting, conspicuousness disorders that can lead to coma. Patients should not take more than the usual daily dose without medical supervision.
How to store Ultracet?
It is always suggested to store Ultracet at room temperature between 15°- 30°C, away from moisture. It is suggested to keep Ultracet away from the reach of children.
How Ultracet works?
In order to reduce the risk of Ultracet, your doctor may ask you start Ultracet at low dose in order to reduce the risk of side effects. Patients should use Ultracet as told by their doctor. Do not take Ultracet in large amounts or for longer period than prescribed. An overdose can cause damage to the liver or cause death. Tell your doctor if you feel an increased urge to take more of Ultracet. One should not take Ultracet for more than 5 days continuously.
The tramadol analgesic binds to opioid receptors in the nerves, reducing or blocking the feeling of pain.
Tramadol also limits the uptake of the chemicals norepinephrine and serotonin by the nerves. This reduces the transmission of pain signals through the spinal cord to the brain.
The acetaminophen increases the pain threshold by inhibiting the actions of a particular enzyme so the patient experiences pain relief.
Acetaminophen also reduces fever, if there is any.
The ingredient of Ultracet binds to opioid receptors in the nerves by reducing the pain. It limits the uptake of chemicals norepinephrine and serotonin by nerves. This reduces the transmission of pain signals through the spinal cord to the brain. Acetaminophen increases the pain by increasing the actions of particular enzyme so that the patient can get relief.
Medication of Ultracet may cause withdrawal reactions, especially when used for a long time or taken a high dose. Withdrawal symptoms (like restlessness, nausea, runny nose) may occur if you stop using Ultracet. In order to avoid, it the doctor may reduce the dose gradually. Speak to the doctor for details and report about withdrawal reactions (if any) immediately. Tell your doctor if the medication stops working well.
Side Effects of Ultracet:
Nearly all medicines cause some of the side effects. But it is not necessary that these side effects might always occur. If you notice any of the side effects report it to your doctor immediately, especially if they persist.
The following is the list of side-effects that may occur due to the consumption of Ultracet.
- Nervousness and Confusion
- Increased Heart Rate
- Hot Flushes
- Abdominal Pain
- Blurred Vision
Composition and Nature of Ultracet:
Ultracet is a combination of two medicines, paracetamol or acetaminophen and Tramadol. As paracetamol/acetaminophen is an analgesic, it blocks the release of chemical messengers that causes pain. While it’s other ingredient, Tramadol is an opioid analgesic that blocks the transmission of pain signals to the brain to reduce pain reception. Acetaminophen is comparatively less effective, due to which the effects of tramadol is increased.
The effect of Ultracet can be seen within an hour of its administration, while its effect lasts for at least 9 hours.
Ultracet Drug Interactions:
Drug interactions at times may work or increase the risk of side effects. One should not start, stop or change the dosage of Ultracet without the doctor’s advice. Some medicines that may interact with Ultracet are some pain medications like mixed opiodagonist such as pentazocine, nalbuphine and naltrexone. Drugs interact differently from person to person.
Several drug interactions of Ultracet are mentioned below:
- Methylene Blue
- Sodium nitrite
Other drugs may interact with acetaminophen and tramadol, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Check our health checkup packages to stay fit and healthy.
Variants of Ultracet:
Ultracet contains 37.5mg of tramadol hydrochloride and 325 mg of acetaminophen. It is light yellow in colour, capsule-shaped and embossed with O-M on one side and 650 on the other side.
Substitutes For Ultracet:
Mentioned below is the list of medicines, having the same composition and strength as Ultracet 325 Tablet that can be used as its substitute:
- Centra P
- Nicodol Plus
- Tramacad P
- Synerdol Forte
- Tram Proxyvon
- Rosetra P
- Dol A
- Parexia T
- Dolout P
Medicines that should not be taken with Ultracet:
The following medicines should not be taken with Ultracet:
- Methylene Blue
Precautions and warnings:
Patients taking Ultracet should keep the following things in mind:
- One should avoid sharing Ultracet with anyone else, especially who are suffering with drug abuse or addiction.
- Patients suffering with a liver disease or who has been drinking alcohol regularly should immediately consult their doctors.
- Ultracet should not be taken for more than 5 days.
- Children below 12 years of age are not allowed to take Ultracet.
Ultracet Price In India:
Medicine: Ultracet 350mg,
Price : Rs. 168 per pack
1) Is ultracet tablet addictive?
Ans: Yes! ultracet has the tendencies of habit forming.
2) Can ultracet tablet be taken along with alcohol?
Ans: No! Alcohol is strictly avoided while taking ultracet tablet . If a person consumes alcohol along with Ultracet, he/she may face breathing issues. The risk of liver damage may increase manifolds when alcohol is consumed with ultracet.
3) Is there any particular food item that should be avoided with this ultracet tablet?
Ans: Grapefruit juice and cabbage are the two food items that should be avoided while taking ultracet tablet.
4) Is Ultracet tablet safe for pregnant women?
Ans: No! The use of ultracet tablet is not recommended if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy. As the presence of the ingredient Tramadol may cause side effects to the baby. Pregnant women should consult doctors before taking this drug.
5) Is it safe to take Ultracet while breastfeeding?
Ans: Ultracet is not safe while breastfeeding. There are chances that while breastfeeding this medicine can pass from mother’s milk to the baby.
6) Is it safe to drive a vehicle after taking ultracet tablet?
Ans: Consuming Ultracet tablet may cause dizziness and blurred vision. Therefore, it is suggested to avoid driving while you are on this medicine.
7) What should I do in case of overdose of ultracet?
Ans: An overdose of ultracet may cause liver damage or even death. Therefore, it is advised to consult the doctor immediately if you experience symptoms of overdose such as nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and weakness.
8) Does taking an expired ultracet cause any harm?
Ans: In case if you happen to take ultracet that crossed its expiry date, it will unlikely to cause any side effect. However, it is advised to check the packaging of the drug before taking it.
9) What happen if by mistake I miss a dose of ultracet tablet?
Ans: Patients should be very careful during the consumption of Ultracet medicine and avoid missing doses. If you missed a dose and it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and take the next scheduled dose. Taking an extra dose may cause harmful effects.
10) Can I stop taking ultracet tablet when the pain is relieved?
Ans: Ultracet is usually recommended for short period and it can be discontinued when the pain is relieved. However, it is advised that a doctor should be consulted before stopping the course of Ultracet.
11) Can taking Ultracet cause constipation?
Ans: Yes, consumption of Ultracet can cause constipation. In order to avoid constipation, one should eat high-fiber foods like vegetables, fruits and cereals. Increase the intake of water and do some exercise like jogging and swimming. Consult your doctor about taking some other medicines to treat constipation if these issues persist for a long time.
12) Does taking Ultracet cause dizziness?
Ans: Yes, the consumption of Ultracet may cause dizziness in some cases. In such situations, stop what you are doing or just sit down for some time.
13) Does Ultracet causes sore mouth?
Ans: The use of Ultracet can cause sore mouth. If you experience dry mouth, then increase the intake of water in your routine. Use lip balm if your lips are feeling dry.
14) Does the consumption of Ultracet cause liver damage?
Ans: Ultracet is only safe to use in recommended dose. Its overdose may increase the risk of liver damage. Also, avoid drinking alcohol while taking Ultracet, as it may cause liver damage.
15) Is it safe to take a higher dose of Ultracet than recommended?
Ans: No, taking higher recommended dose of Ultracet can increase the chances of side effects and liver damage. If you are not relieved by the pain, then please consult the doctor.
16) What are the things that one should discuss with a doctor before taking Ultracet?
Ans: One should discuss the complete medical history with their doctor before taking Ultracet. Apart from that, the patients should also discuss the following with the doctor:
- A head injury
- Breathing problems or asthma
- Stomach or intestinal problems
- Medicines being taken, including prescription and over the counter products
- If you are pregnant or planning pregnancy
17) Can I use Ultracet for an extended time to treat chronic pain?
Ans: Ultracet may result in dependence, if it has been used to treat pain relief for a long period of time or in case of high dose. When used for a longer period, one can develop endurance to Ultracet that means that Ultracet may not give enough pain relief.
18) What is Ultracet mainly used for?
Ans: Ultracet mainly used for
- Fever: Infections can cause fevers that makes weakens the immune system. Fever may cause sweating, loss of appetite and muscle ache.
- Menstruation: In such condition, women may experience mood swings, headache and lower back pain.
- Flu: It is a respiratory infection that is caused by number of virus. If not taken proper care, flu can be fatal for deadly people, infants and people suffering from chronic illness.
- Arthralgia: Ultracet helps in curing Arthralgia that is caused due to obesity. This condition is caused when the excess weight of the body puts lots of pressure on the joints.
19) What are the side effects of Ultracet?
Ans: Apart from its intended effect, Ultracet may cause some unwanted effects too. In such condition, you must seek medical attention.
- Respiratory depression
- Chest pain
- Suicidal thoughts
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Gastrointestinal adverse reactions
20) In what medical conditions Ultracet should be used?
Ans: Ultracet is used in treating the following conditions:
- Ear pain: Ultracet is used in the treatment of ear pain that is caused by ear injury or inflammation. Treatment for ear pain may include over-the-counter product and other painkillers like acetaminophen, Ibuprofen and NSAIDs.
- Joint pain: Ultracet is used to treat joint pains that are caused due to inflammation or injuries. It is used in curing joint pains associated with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Toothache: Ultracet provides relief from toothache or any sort of infection that may cause pus around the roots of the teeth.