Supradyn is a multi-mineral and multivitamin tablet that provides the required amount of minerals and vitamins to the body. It helps compensate for the absence of minerals and vitamins which are not present in the food items being consumed. It is manufactured by Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd (AHPL) and is an over the counter medicine; however, it is advisable to consult a medical practitioner before using the medicine.
Supradyn Tablet consists of an essential combination of minerals, vitamins and enzymes including copper sulphate, calcium pantothenate, zinc sulphate, vitamin H, vitamin E, vitamin D and different forms of vitamin B (B1+B2+B3+B5+B6+B9+B12).
It is taken as a supplement. It acts as an alternate source of minerals and vitamins; which is not available in food items being consumed. It helps balance deficiency of any essential vitamins and minerals which is essential for the proper functioning of the body.
|Nature of Supradyn||Multi-mineral and multivitamin|
|Composition of Supradyn||Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin D|
|Uses of Supradyn||Deficiency Syndrome, Skin infections, Eye disorders|
|Side-effects of Supradyn||Diarrhea, Hives, Acne, Lethargy|
|Precautions of Supradyn||People with peptic ulcers, anemia and appendicitis should avoid it.|
Uses and Benefits of Supradyn Tablet:
Supradyn is a multi-purpose drug and hence can be used for various conditions including but not limited to vitamin and mineral deficiency. Here is a list of conditions in which the medicine is prescribed:
- Skin diseases: Few skin conditions occur due to deficiency of the vitamin. Use of this medicine helps compensate for the deficiency, thereby preventing and treating the skin condition.
- Anemia: One of the reasons for anemia is lack of certain vitamins. It helps replenish the deficient vitamins thereby aiding in the treatment of anemia.
- Immunity booster: It contains multiple vitamins and minerals thus it helps improve the immunological defense of the body. It works as an immunity booster.
- Infections: It helps the body to fight infections and lowers the level of infections.
- Hair strength: It provides strength to hair follicles. It also helps in the prevention and treatment of hair turning brittle and graying of hair. The supplement also provides strength to nails.
- Scurvy: Scurvy occurs due to deficiency of vitamin C.This drug contains vitamin C hence replenishes the deficiency.
- Gastric Problems: It is found to be effective in the treatment of heartburn and stomach problems.
- Teeth and bones: It contains calcium and vitamin D3 as its ingredients. D3 helps facilitate calcium absorption and the presence of calcium strengthens teeth and bones.
- Pregnancy: The medicine helps fulfill the nutritional demand of the body during pregnancy.
- Neuropathy: It is found to be effective in the treatment of neuropathies including diabetic neuropathy.
Side Effects of Supradyn Tablet:
Apart from the intended effects, consumption of Supradyn may result in certain side effects sometimes. The side effects may vary from person to person depending on the clinical conditions as well as on-going medications (if any).
Here is a list of side effects that may occur due to the consumption of Supradyn:
- Excess urination
- Cramps in the abdomen
- Difficulty breathing
- Thin hair
- Vision getting blurred
- Chances of Diarrhea
- Swelling of lips, throat, face or tongue
- Temporary staining of teeth
- Dark-colored or black stools
Common Dosage of Supradyn:
- It should be consumed after consulting a medical practitioner. Doing so eliminates the risk of interactions and other complications.
- The dosage is prescribed on the basis of clinical condition, age and gender of an individual.
- There is no specific dosage; however, this medicine is usually taken once in a day.
- A pediatrician should be consulted before providing Supradyn to kids.
- In case of a missed dose, Supradyn Tablet should be taken as soon as one remembers. The missed dose should be skipped, if it is almost the time for next dose. The dose should not be exceeded to compensate for the missed dose.
- It should not be taken in overdose in any case. Doing so may result in undesired effects.
- If any undesired effect is experienced, then a doctor should be consulted without any delay.
Composition and Nature of Supradyn Tablet:
It is a mineral and vitamin supplement which contains multiple vitamins and minerals as its ingredients.
Here is a list of minerals and vitamins present in Supradyn Tablet:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B(B1, B2, B6, B7, B12)
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Sodium Borate
- Magnesium Oxide
- Calcium Pantothenate
- Magnesium Sulphate
- Zinc Sulphate
- Manganese sulphate
- Copper Sulphate
- Calcium Phosphorus
- Sodium Molybdate
- Sodium Borate
- Ferrous Sulphate
The above-mentioned ingredients of Supradyn help in proper functioning of the body while compensating for any kind of deficiency. The concentrations of these salts may vary depending on the dosage required by an individual.
Precaution and Warnings – When to Avoid Supradyn Tablet?
- The supplement should not be consumed without consulting a medical practitioner and in no case should the patients consume medicines more than the quantity prescribed.
- It should not be consumed by an individual with peptic ulcer .
- People suffering from severe skin concerns such as eczema or dermatitis should avoid the use of this drug.
- People with a known allergy of this medicine or any of its ingredients should not consume the medicine.
- People with complaints of abrasions are advised to avoid the use of medicine.
- People with a history of Acute myocardial infarction i.e. blockage of blood flow to the heart muscle should avoid consumption of the supplement.
- A patient with any history of appendicitis should always consult a healthcare professional before consuming the Tablet.
- Pregnant women should consult a medical practitioner before consuming the Tablet.
- Breastfeeding women should ask a pharmacist regarding the usage of this medicine and the effect of the medicine on the child.
Substitutes of Supradyn Tablet:
Medicines with the same composition and nature as that of Supradyn can be prescribed to the patients in case this drug is not available.
Here is a list of substitutes with similar composition:
- Well Active 24 tablet- Wellix Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
- Asmavit Tablet- Meyer Organics Pvt. Ltd.
- Optineuron Forte Tablet- Lupin Ltd.
- Cadbe Tablet- Cachet Pharmaceutical Pvt. Ltd.
- Shinofit Tablet- Shine Pharmaceuticals
- Anofer Next tablet- Sun Pharma
- Riconia LP Tablet- Ranbaxy labs
- Oxzim Plus Tablet- Shine Pharmaceuticals
- Nutrolin B (New) Pediatabs- Cipla Ltd.
- Polybion Czs Tablet- Merck Limited
- One UP Gold D Tablet- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Maximin Forte Tablet- Anglo French drug & industries Ltd
- Zincovit Tablet – Apex Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Tanz Tablet- Genx Pharma Limited
- Cardioplus Capsule- Ipca
Supradyn Tablet Interactions with Other Drugs:
Consuming two or more medicines at the same time or mixing Supradyn Tablet with food items may result in some undesired effects. There are some contraindications in case of this medicine as well. A health professional should be consulted before consuming it.
Also, a doctor should be aware of the medical history and drugs being consumed before prescribing Supradyn.
Here is a list of medicines and conditions which should not overlap with Supradyn:
Interactions with medicines:
Combining this medicine with other medicine might nullify the effect of each other or result in the undesired effects. The undesired effects include worsening of medical conditions or interruption in the normal functioning of the organs.
Here is a list of drugs that should not be combined along with Supradyn:
- Arsenic trioxide
- Aluminum hydroxide and oxide
- Ascorbic acid
- Birth control pills
- Other mineral and vitamin supplements
If any undesired effect is experienced then a health care professional should be consulted without delay.
In some cases dose adjustment is required and other time medicine should be replaced with a suitable substitute to avoid complications.
Interactions with diseases
There are some medical conditions where this tablet can interact and worsen the existing condition or may result in onset of some other condition. Hence, a doctor should be consulted before consuming the conditions:
- Peptic ulcer
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Acute dermatitis (skin infection)
- Acute eczema
- Liver disease
- Kidney impairment
Interaction with Alcohol
It is advised not to consume alcohol when this drug is being consumed. Doing so may result in undesired effects such as liver damage, drowsiness and dizziness.
Interaction with the Lab test
Diabetic patients should not undergo glucose or urine test after consuming it. Consuming this medicine may hamper with the result of the test and may give false positive result.
Patients consuming Supradyn should inform the Lab personnel before taking the test.
Supradyn Tablet Price in India:
|Variant||Price in INR|
|Supradyn Tablet||28.02 per pack of 15 tablets|
How Supradyn Tablet Works?
Supradyn contains various minerals and vitamins as its active ingredients. It aids in replenishing the required amount of minerals and vitamins required by the body. Some of the functions performed by Supradyn are listed below:
- Vitamins such as B1, B12, C, D3, etc. help in the prevention and treatment of conditions such as scurvy and anemia.
- Minerals present in this drug including calcium, zinc, iron helps maintain the adequate functioning of the nerve, bone and blood cells.
- It inhibits the growth of the herpes simplex virus.
- It assists in metabolizing the carbohydrates, thus maintaining normal growth.
- Nutrients present in Supradyn aids in the production of antibodies and hemoglobin by maintaining blood sugar level in normal range.
- It enhances the level of glutathione and hence, protect cells against pre-oxidative damage.
- It helps tissue in respiration and metabolism of proteins and fats.
- It inhibits the damage caused due to free radicals thus heals wounds and slows the process of cell damage.
- The supplement blocks the production of low-density lipoprotein which helps in reducing the triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
How to use Supradyn?
- It is available in the form of tablets for administration.
- It should be administered orally with water or as per the instructions given by the doctor.
- It should be consumed with food or immediately after food. This aids in better absorption of the nutrients.
- It should be swallowed whole. It should not be chewed or crushed before consumption.
- It is recommended to consume the medicine at a fixed time and at evenly spaced intervals.
What is Supradyn prescribed?
Supradyn is a multi-vitamin and multi-mineral tablet. Hence, it is prescribed for the following conditions:
- Skin diseases
- Hair and nails concerns
- Acid indigestion
- Eye problems or disorders
- Vitamin B 12 deficiency
- High blood pressure
- In the course of pregnancy
- Pernicious anemia
- Thiamine deficiency
- Skin infections
- Neurological disorders or disturbance
- Heart concerns
- Mental concerns
- Salicylate toxicity
- Catarrhal respiratory disorders
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Psychiatric states
- Antidotes of phosphorus poisoning
- Congenital hypothyroidism
- Treatment of phosphorus burns of the skin
- High cholesterol
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Vitamin deficiency (A,B, C, D}
- Wound healing
- Tissue repair
- Red blood cell synthesis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Chest pain
Medicines that should not be taken with Supradyn:
- Antacids such as milk of magnesia
- Thyroid medications such as Levothyroxine
- Antibiotics such as Tetracycline
How to Store Supradyn?
Storing instructions for Supradyn are mentioned below:
- Supradyn should be stored at room temperature.
- Direct exposure from heat and light should be avoided
- The place of storage should be out of the reach of children and pets.
- It should not be stored at the place of moisture such as a bathroom or near the sink.
- It should not be flushed off or disposed of in the drain.
- If Supradyn Tablet has expired then it should be disposed of properly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1) Can I use the Supradyn tablet if I am pregnant?
Ans: The consumption of Supradyn Tablet during pregnancy is highly discouraged. Similarly, it is not advised to consume this drug when breastfeeding.
2) What is the dosage like for the Supradyn tablet?
Ans: The dosage of this tablet depends entirely on your medical case, and your doctor will prescribe you the exact amount of Supradyn to be consumed.
3) How frequently do I need to consume the Supradyn tablet?
Ans: Over consumption of the Supradyn tablet can result in degradation of health. You must always follow the prescription which has been advised by your doctor.
4) Is the Supradyn tablet addictive?
Ans: Supradyn tablet is not all addictive. However, it is best to steer clear of any kind of abuse that you might be tempted to. It is not manufactured in a way which would make this medicine addictive.
5) What is Supradyn used to treat?
Ans: It is used to treat the deficiency of vitamins and minerals. Some of the clinical conditions are listed below:
- Vitamin deficiency
- Eye problem
- Heart disorders
- Acid indigestion
6) What are the side effects of Supradyn?
Ans: The commonly reported side effects include the following:
- Trouble in breathing
- Blurred vision
Any side effect, which is interfering with the normal functioning of the body, should be reported to a health professional immediately.
7) Is it advisable to operate heavy machinery or drive a vehicle after consuming Supradyn?
Ans: If an individual is experiencing dizziness, drowsiness or weakness; then driving a vehicle or operating machinery is not advisable. Doing so can increase the risk of an accident. Also, if these side effects are being experienced then a health professional should be consulted as soon as possible.
8) Is Supradyn safe for lactating mother?
Ans: It entirely depends on the clinical condition of the mother. A health professional should be consulted and consumed only if the benefits outweigh the risk. Its effect on the health of lactating infant should also be discussed with a health professional in advance, to avoid any further complications.
9) What is Supradyn used for?
Ans: It is a multivitamin tablet and is prescribed in case of any nutritional deficiency.
10) Is there any risk of an allergic reaction due to the consumption of Supradyn?
Ans: Yes, consumption of this drug may result in allergic reactions depending on the clinical condition of an individual. Here is a list of possible allergic reactions:
- Swelling of face, lips, eyes, mouth or tongue
11) When should Supradyn tablet be avoided?
Ans: It should be avoided in the following conditions:
Allergy: If an individual has a history of allergy with Supradyn or any of its ingredients.
Ulcer: If an individual has an active peptic ulcer, then one should avoid the use of this medicine.
Heart problems: It should be avoided in case of acute myocardial infarction.
Skin diseases: If an individual has severe skin diseases such as dermatitis or eczema, then the use of this tablet should be avoided.