Sterlin M is a homeopathic formulation that is administered for the treatment of low sperm count or sterility in males. It is manufactured and marketed by REPL (Renovision Exports Private Limited). This homeopathic medicine is formulated with potent compounds that help in increasing the sperm count of affected males.
Uses and Benefits of Sterlin M:
Sterlin M is prescribed by a homeopathic doctor to a person suffering from following infertility-associated problems.
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Premature Ejaculation
- Lack of Sexual Desire
- Damiana Q- It is a nervous stimulant that affects the central nervous system and hence helps in Sexual Neurasthenia. It also has contracting and vasodilation properties which promote oxygenated blood flow towards the genitals by slowing down digestion and provide good erection respectively. The thymoleptic feature of Damiana helps in enhancing the mood of the patient.
- Chininum Sulphuricum– It is a muscle relaxant and treats aches on the right side body parts. It reduces aches and tension in the right testis. It also reduces nightfall.
- Strychninum 6– It works by stimulating the central and peripheral nervous systems. It also causes any scrotum abscess to develop and discharge.
- Iodium– It corrects thyroid imbalance in the body. A low thyroid level in the body is directly related to decreased libido and incompetent sperm.
- Lycopodium– This nervous stimulant that works on the mental front of the patient. It improves confidence and reduces anxiety, both of which can help with erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
- Onosmodium– It also awakens the nervous system and diminishes sexual weakness.
- Withania Somnifera– This plant extract nourishes the nerves by reducing stress hormone ‘Cortisol’. It also balances thyroid function and promotes Nitric oxide production in the body. Nitric oxide is a vasodilator which causes increased blood flow to genitals and heightens sexual sensitivity in men.
- A condition in which there is a complete absence of sperm in the semen.
- A sperm count of less than 15 million per ml of semen qualifies for the condition called Oligospermia.
- When a man is unable to maintain an erection for the duration of sexual intercourse, he is said to be suffering from erectile dysfunction.
- Ejaculation of semen within a minute of intercourse is due to the problem of premature ejaculation.
- Low sexual desire is caused when there is a dip in testosterone level. The dip might be an implication of a more elaborate hormonal imbalance of underlying disease.
Side Effects of Sterlin M:
Homeopathic formulations do not cause any side effects as long as the patient does not overdose. Some nervous symptoms like convulsions and cramps may be seen in the case of Sterlin M overdose; in such a case doctor should be consulted immediately.
Common Dosages of Sterlin M:
The dosage and duration of Sterlin M consumption depend on the severity of the problem. A dose of 15 to 20 drops of Sterlin M is generally advised to be taken with a quarter cup of water 4 times per day. The minimum duration of the treatment is 2 months which can go up to 9 months as advised by the homeopathic physician.
The medicine should never be taken in undiluted form.
Composition and Nature of Sterlin M:
It is made of 7 components that have a collective effect on problems related to male infertility.
- Damiana Q– Also known as Damiana Aphrodisiaca, this nervous stimulant is obtained from a wild shrub which is native of Mexico.
- Chininum Sulphuricum 6– It is obtained from the Cinchona bark and is the sulfate of Quinine.
- Strychninum 6-This compound is also known as Strychnia Phosphorica. Chemically it is the phosphate of Strychnin and is a nervous stimulant.
- Iodium 30x- It is procured from elemental Iodine and the active ingredient that balances out metabolic and glandular disturbances.
- Lycopodium 6x– Lycopodium clavatum is an active ingredient which is obtained from the spores of a tiny perennial moss of the family Lycopodiaceae.
- Onosmodium 200x– It is the tincture of the entire plant named Onosmodium virginanum or False Gromwell which is widely found in the east of North America. The plant belongs to the Boraginaceae family that grows well along the Atlantic coast.
- Withania somnifera-Q– The extracts of Withania somnifera or Ashwagandha plant act as a potent nerve tonic. This plant is a perennial shrub of Solanaceae family and is found widely in the Indian Subcontinent.
How Does It work?
Each ingredient has a different role in bringing in the alleviation of the symptoms related to male infertility.
Related Warnings/ Precautions: When to avoid of It?
- Addictive substances like alcohol and tobacco must be completely avoided for maximum efficacy of Sterlin M.
- Any kind of rigorous activity that might hurt or raise the temperature of external genitals must be avoided by the patient under treatment of Sterlin M.
- The complete course of Sterlin M treatment should be followed for maximum results.
- Patient suffering from any underlying nervous disease or undergoing any other treatment should discuss all the details with the physician as some compounds may react adversely with Sterlin M.
Substitutes of Sterlin M:
- R41 by Dr. Reckeweg
- Damiagra Forte Drops by SBL
- BC27 by Dr. Reckeweg
- Damiaplant Drops by Schwabe, Germany
- Adel 36 Pollon Drops by Adelmar Pharma GmbH
Sterlin M Interactions with Other Drugs:
Some Sterlin M components might decrease blood sugar levels. Hence taking this medicine along with diabetes medication can result in the dipping of blood sugar levels to dangerously low.
Also, taking Sterlin M with immune suppressants like steroids can also decrease its efficacy.
Ans: Homeopathic formulations are not addictive in nature. It improves sexual function in males after the course completion and is not necessary for lifelong use.
Ans: Sterlin M should be taken only as prescribed by the physician. In the case of other ongoing treatments, the physician should be fully informed before administering this medication.
Ans: The patient should keep a gap of at least half an hour between meals and the Sterlin M dose. It can be taken either before or after meals.
Ans: No. This is only for male sexual problems. Females can use Sterlin F as prescribed by the physician.
Ans: The duration varies with respect to the severity of the male sexual problem. But the minimum duration to see good results is 2-3 months.