Sporlac DS is a tablet which is primarily used for treating symptoms of diarrhea and instances of long-lasting digestive tract inflammation. Apart from these, the tablet is also used for treating irritable bowel syndrome , ulcers in the digestive tract, and works as an immunity enhancer, diarrhea associated with hospitalization, cancer chemotherapy, and vaginal infections among other things.
Uses & Benefits of Sporlac DS:
Sporlac DS is a tablet which is primarily used for treating symptoms of diarrhea and instances of long-lasting digestive tract inflammation. Apart from these reasons, Sporlac DS tablet is also used for treating irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers in the digestive tract, and works as an immunity enhancer, diarrhea associated with hospitalization, cancer chemotherapy, and vaginal infections among other things.
Side Effects of Sporlac DS:
As far as the side effects of the Sporlac DS Tablet are concerned, there are very few. This is because probiotic consumptions do not pose considerable side effects except on the body’s digestive system and that too of mild intensity. Therefore, the most common side effects of Sporlac DS Tablet include gas, flatulence and gastrointestinal infections that can be treated easily using antibiotics.
Although the symptoms are common and generally mild on the surface, a doctor should be consulted if they tend to intensify. There are certain rare side effects such as the eruption of rashes or even blurred vision apart from the more common ones. Appropriate medical and expert intervention should be sought right away in such cases.
Common Dosage of Sporlac DS:
Generally speaking, as far as dosage is concerned, the concerned patient should follow the prescription of the doctor. The dosage of a Sporlac DS is a highly subjective matter and depends extensively on the physiology of the patient concerned. However, certain general instructions/recommendations may be useful.
One of the foremost aspects to keep in mind is that the Sporlac DS is to be swallowed and never chewed. Apart from this, it is important to keep in mind that the pill may be taken along with food or immediately after eating. The Sporlac DS, according to popular opinion, is not expensive and is readily available in all local pharmacy. It comes in a strip of ten tablets. The expiry date of the Sporlac DS Tablet should be thoroughly checked before consumption.
Composition and Nature of Sporlac DS Tablet:
Sporlac Ds tablet consists of an active ingredient known as lactobacillus.
Precautions and Warnings- When to Avoid Sporlac DS?
- First and foremost, it is important to keep in mind that no drug should be administered to a patient without the explicit medical or expert intervention.
- Therefore, it is necessary to first consult a doctor in order to have the patient’s physiological form thoroughly analyzed. It should be underscored that physiology is a highly subjective matter and different bodies react to various drugs in different ways.
- More importantly, the expiry date of the Sporlac DS Tablet should be thoroughly checked before consumption.
- Also, the concerned doctor should be made aware of the patient’s susceptible to any kind of potent allergic reactions to the Sporlac DS Tablet. This will eventually help mitigate the intensity of the various side effects.
- Apart from that, it is equally important to notify the concerned doctor about any previous or recent surgery that the patient might have undergone.
- The Sporlac DS already being taken should be reported to the doctor. There can be serious reactions among drugs which may eventually cause considerable harm to the patient.
- Therefore, in order to limit the intensity of reactions and possibly thwart it all together, it is imperative to notify the concerned doctor about the drugs already being taken.
- Apart from that, it is important to note that the Sporlac DS is generally not recommended for a patient who is either pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Also, the Sporlac DS tablet should not be taken if the patient is a victim of AIDS , fragile immune system, short bowel syndrome, or is on medications to prevent repudiation of organ transplantation.
- Very importantly, it must be extensively cared for to not let the drug slip into the hands of children below three years of age.
- If the concerned patient has been taking antibiotics, the Sporlac DS Tablet should be taken at least two hours before or after the antibiotic consumption.
- The patient must also carefully follow the instructions provided neatly on the label of the Sporlac DS Tablet.
Substitutes For Sporlac DS Tablet:
As far as substitutes of the Sporlac DS are concerned, there is only one. With the same concentration and composition, the best substitute would be Vizylac Capsule manufactured by UNICHEM.
Sporlac DS Interactions with Other Drugs:
As far as interactions are concerned, the Sporlac DS might interact with alcohol. Therefore, care should be taken especially by those who are regular smokers and alcoholics.
Apart from that, the concerned doctor should be notified about any other medication already being taken by the patient. There can be serious reactions among Sporlac DS Tablet which may eventually cause considerable harm to the patient. Therefore, in order to limit the intensity of reactions and possibly thwart it all together, it is imperative to notify the concerned doctor about the Sporlac DS already being taken.
Sporlac Ds Tablet Price in India:
Variant Price (in Rupees) Quantity
Sporlac DS Tablet 98.45 20 Tablets
How Sporlac DS Works?
As mentioned before, the Sporlac DS Tablet chiefly consists of an active ingredient known as lactobacillus. Lactic acid bacilli are spore-bearing. They are extremely stable and can readily survive gastric acidity. It is interesting to know that they germinate in less than thirty minutes of reaching the small intestine and proliferate quickly due to repeated fission.
By incessantly exerting strong forces in order to maintain the microfloral stability, the Sporlac DS allays the upset intestinal pink. The lactic acid produced by the Sporlac DS lowers the pH of the intestines and therefore makes the surroundings highly inhospitable for the pathogens to survive. In this way, the Sporlac DS Tablet controls acute intestinal infections.
Interestingly, each pill of Sporlac DS Tablet contains around sixty million spores of the Lactic Acid Bacillus.
How to Use Sporlac Ds?
Follow the directions of the doctor when consuming the medicine. It is better to take Sporlac Ds tablet at fixed time till the course of the medicine is complete. The medicine should be swallowed whole, and the medicine should not be chewed, crushed or broken. Ensure that the course of treatment is completed before getting off the medicine.
When Sporlac DS is prescribed?
Sporlac DS is a probiotic that is used to cure diarrhoea caused due to infections or antibiotics. Doctors prescribe Sporlac DS Tablet to manage the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, stomach ulcers, constipation, indigestion, dyspepsia and other digestive disorders.
Is Sporlac DS banned in India?
Sporlac Ds Tablet is legal in India. It is advisable to consult a doctor before taking Sporlac DS tablet.
Medicines not to be taken with Sporlac DS:
- Antibiotic Drugs
How to store Sporlac DS Tablet?
It is advisable to store the medicine in a cool and dry place, and away from the reach of children and pets. The packaging of the medicine must be kept intact in order to maintain its effect when being administered.
1) What is Sporlac DS used to treat?
Ans: Sporlac DS is used to treat diarrhoea and manage the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, stomach ulcers, constipation, indigestion, dyspepsia and other digestive disorders.
2) What are the side effects of Sporlac DS?
Ans: Sporlac tablet is a drug that falls under the category of probiotics, thus shows no major side-effect. However, in rare cases, the patient might experience acidity and bloating.
3) Is Sporlac DS safe to use in pregnancy?
Ans: Yes, Sporlac Ds is absolutely safe to use in pregnancy. Sporlac contains Lactobacillus as its active ingredient that shows no harmful effect to the baby or the mother.
4) Can I take Sporlac DS tablet with alcohol?
Ans: Though no interaction has been found between Sporlac Ds tablet and alcohol, it is advisable to not to consume with alcohol has it may reduce the efficiency of the drug while increasing the risk of side-effects.
5) How does Sporlac DS work?
Ans: Sporlac DS contains Lactobacillus as an active ingredient that relieves upset stomach by supressing or killing the harmful bacterial growth.
6) Can I take Sporlac DS with Paracetamol?
Ans: Yes, it is absolutely safe to take Sporlac Tablet with Paracetamol. No interactions have been reported between Sporlac DS and Paracetamol.
7) When to take Sporlac DS?
Ans: Follow all the instructions given on the package or as directed by the physician. Do not miss any dose and ensure that the course of treatment is completed. Also, strictly avoid over dosage.
8) Is Sporlac DS an antibiotic?
Ans: No, Sporlac DS is not an antibiotic medicine. It is a probiotic which contains Lactobacillus (a species of bacteria) as its active ingredient.
9) Is Sporlac DS Tablet an immunity booster?
Ans: Although Sporlac DS tablet is not particularly used as an immunity booster, it shows clinical evidences of boosting immunity when prescribed to treat the symptoms associated with upset stomach, antibiotic treatment and chemotherapy.
10) What should be done in case of a missed dosage?
Ans: The next dosage should be taken as soon as possible upon realization.
11) Is an overdose of Sporlac DS harmful?
Ans: In case of an overdose, the doctor should be consulted.
12) Should one drive while under Sporlac DS?
Ans: Although this Sporlac Tablet does not induce any dizziness in the patient, a doctor must be consulted to ascertain a specific course of action.
13) Should the Sporlac DS be taken during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
Ans: The Sporlac DS is generally not recommended if the patient is going through a period of pregnancy or breastfeeding. A gynecologist should be consulted, before using Sporlac Tablet.