Spasmo Proxyvon Plus is a capsule used to provide relief from severe and acute pain, including joint pain, toothache, earache, headaches, intestinal and stomach cramps, and period pains. It is also specifically used for irritable bowel syndrome. It is manufactured by Wockhardt Limited.
Uses & Benefits of Spasmo Proxyvon Plus:
- Spasmo Proxyvon Plus Capsule is used to treat both long term and sudden, severe pain.
- This capsule is also used to treat irritable bowel syndrome, abdomen pain and cramping, peptic ulcers, period pain and motion sickness.
- It is used in the treatment of joint pain, headache, toothache, pain in ears, stomach pain, intestinal cramps and inability to control urine.
- This capsule has also been used to treat cold, fever, flu and febrility.
Side Effects of Spasmo Proxyvon Plus:
Spasmo Proxyvon Plus Capsule may have some side effects. However, there may or may not be a possibility of these side effects occurring. Some of these side effects are:
- Possible side effects of this medicine include nausea, vomiting, constipation, dryness in the mouth, drowsiness, tiredness and blurred vision.
- Spasmo Proxyvon Plus capsule may also cause low blood pressure, palpitations, dizziness, perspiration, deficiency in white blood cells, and breathlessness.
- Other possible side effects include constipation, diarrhea, bloating, stomach pressure, and liver damage.
- An allergic reaction to this medicine may cause skin rashes, itching, redness of skin and swelling in the face, among other reactions.
This is not a complete list of side effects. If experiencing these conditions or others, in a severe fashion or for a long period of time, please contact your doctor.
Common Dosage of Spasmo Proxyvon Plus:
Spasmo Proxyvon Plus Capsule must be taken at the time and in the frequency prescribed by the doctor. The capsule must be swallowed whole. Do not break it, crush it or chew it. This medication may be taken on an empty stomach or after eating. However, it is best to take the medicine on a fixed schedule.
Composition and Nature of Spasmo Proxyvon Plus:
Spasmo Proxyvon Plus is made up of three medicines: 10 mg of Dicyclomine, 325 mg of Paracetamol, and 50 mg of Tramadol. Dicyclomine is an anticholinergic, Paracetamol is an analgesic (pain reliever) and antipyretic (reduces fever) and Tramadol is an opioid analgesic, which is also a pain reliever.
How It Works?
It has three primary ingredients: Paracetamol, Dicyclomine, and Tramadol. Dicyclomine is an anticholinergic, which relieves stomach cramps, pain, bloating, and discomfort. It works by relaxing the stomach and intestinal muscles and preventing muscle contractions, also called spasms.
Paracetamol is an analgesic and antipyretic, which means it relieves pain and reduces fever. It does so by stopping the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever and pain. Tramadol is an opioid analgesic or a pain reliever, which works by lowering the perception of pain, by blocking the transmissions of pain signals in the brain.
Precautions and Warning – When to avoid It?
- It is advised not to take alcohol with Spasmo Proxyvon Plus capsule as it may lead to liver damage.
- Spasmo Proxyvon Plus might not be safe to use during pregnancy. Studies show that the fetus becomes at risk when using this medicine. The risks and benefits of using this capsule must be discussed with your doctor.
- Spasmo Proxyvon Plus is unsafe to use during lactation as studies show that it may cause harm to the baby.
- Patients with kidney diseases are advised to use this medicine with caution, as some dose adjustment is required.
- Patients with liver diseases are also suggested to use this medicine with caution, as some dose adjustment is required.
- Patients with allergies to paracetamol must not take this medicine.
- Patients with cardiac problems including cardiac tachyarrhythmia, congestive heart failure, coronary heart disease and hypertension should take caution when using this medicine.
Substitutes for Spasmo Proxyvon Plus:
There are several alternative medicines that can be used in the place of Spasmo Proxyvon Plus Capsule. A few of these substitutes are:
- Spaspokran capsule: It is manufactured by Noel Pharma Limited and consists of the same ingredients and has the same effects as Spasmo Proxyvon Plus.
- Revodol Spas 20 mg/ 500 mg/ 37.5 mg tablets: It is manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited and consists of the same ingredients and has the same effects as Spasmo Proxyvon Plus.
- Ultraspas Tablet: It is manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Private Limited and has the same composition and effect as this capsule.
- Topspas Tablet: It is manufactured by Psychotropics India Limited and has the same composition and effect as Spasmo Proxyvon Plus.
Spasmo Proxyvon Plus Interactions with Other Drugs:
Spasmo Proxyvon Plus Capsule may not interact well with certain drugs, medical conditions, or products. These include:
- It should not be mixed with alcohol, as it may cause liver damage.
- Spasmo Proxyvon Plus does not interact well with sedatives, tranquilizers, antihistamines and Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
- Anticoagulants like Warfarin must not be mixed with this medicine.
- It should not be used with other pain-relieving drugs like morphine, buprenorphine and Nalbuphine.
- This medication does not react well with digoxin, which is used to treat various heart conditions.
- Do not mix this tablet with sclerosis medications like teriflunomide.
- Anti-rheumatic drugs like leflunomide do not interact well with this capsule.
- Patients with hepatic or renal disease, hiatal hernia, hyperthyroidism and ulcerative colitis are advised against using this medicine.
Ans: This Capsule might cause dizziness or drowsiness or blurred vision, making it unsafe to drive after taking this medicine.
Ans: Spasmo Proxyvon Plus consists of Dicyclomine and Tramadol, both of which are not safe to consume while lactating.
Ans: If you miss a dose of this Capsule, then take the capsule soon after you remember. However, if it is very close to your next dose, drop the missed dose. Make sure not to take a double dose.
Ans: In case of an overdose, immediately seek emergency medical services or call your doctor. Symptoms of overdose include difficulty in breathing, sleepiness, fits, irregular heart rate, and narrowed pupils.