Razo 20 mg tablet is a prescription medication for the treatment of ulcers in the stomach, GERD and acidity disorders. It gives relief by reducing the acid levels in the stomach.
Manufactured and marketed in India by Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited, it contains Rabeprazole 20 mg.
Composition and Nature of Razo 20 MG Tablet:
Razo 20 mg tablet contains Rabeprazole as the active ingredient and is a proton pump inhibitor. It is also prescribed for symptoms like acidity and heartburn.
Uses of Razo 20 MG Tablet:
Razo 20mg Tablet is used for the treatment of stomach ulcers, acidity, heartburn and GERD.
It is also used for treatment of Erosive Esophagitis caused by chronic or untreated acidity, Helicobacter pylori Infection in combination with other drugs and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome, where excessive acid is produced in the stomach because of tumors in the small intestine.
This medication has to be taken in the dose and duration advised by Doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it.
Side Effects of Razo 20:
Razo 20 is mostly well tolerated. Side effects include nausea & vomiting, stomach upsets, severe stomach pain, constipation, flatulence, severe dizziness, short-ness of breadth, allergic reactions, altered sense of taste, anorexia and skin rashes. Consult your Doctor immediately if such side effects appear or persist.
Common Dosage of Razo 20 MG Tablet:
As with most medications your Doctor is the best judge to decide on the dosage of Razo 20 mg tablets. It is generally prescribed as once a day dosage.
- It can be taken with or without food.
Your Doctor mostly advises you to take this medication at a fixed time. A missed dose is to be taken immediately but if the time for the next dose is near, a dosage has to be avoided. Dose is not to be doubled.
How Razo 20 MG Tablet works?
The molecular formula of Isoxsuprine is C18H20N3NaO3S and its molecular weight is 381.426 g/mol
Razo 20mg Tablet is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach. It interferes with the final step of acid release in the stomach and prevents the acid from being released. Thus, acidity in the stomach is decreased and the ulcer healing process is enhanced.
The effect of this medicine can be observed in an hour of administration. However, taking this medicine after food might delay the onset of action. The effect lasts, on an average, close to twenty-four hours after administration. Hence once a day dosage mainly suffices.
Warnings and Precautions Related to Razo 20:
Your Doctor has to be informed if you have osteoporosis or are a heart patient.
- Razo 20mg Tablet can decrease magnesium levels in the body, especially in blood.
- Razo 20mg Tablet can weaken your bones by decreasing calcium levels in blood and in the bones.
- Razo 20mg Tablet is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time. It may take a few days to show its effect.
- Interaction with alcohol is being researched. It is advisable to consult your doctor before consumption.
- It is not recommended for use during pregnancy and lactation.
- Avoid driving. Razo 20mg Tablet may decrease your alertness.
- Razo 20mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease.
- Razo 20mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease.
- Diagnostic tests for Clostridium difficile-associated Diarrhea must be done, if it affects the patient.
- Signs and symptoms like extreme tiredness, painful joints, rashes and lesions on the skin after consuming Razo 20 MG Tablet should be reported immediately.
- Long-term treatment with Razo 20 MG Tablet may decrease Vitamin B-12 absorption in the body. Supplements can be taken after consulting the doctor.
Substitutes for Razo 20 MG Tablet:
The substitutes for Razo 20 and their manufacturers are noted below –
- Rabekind 20 mg Tablet is sold by Mankind Pharma Limited.
- Veloz 20 mg Tablet is sold by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- Rekool 20 mg Tablet is sold by Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- Rabium 20 mg Tablet is sold by Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- Happi 20 mg Tablet is sold by Zydus Cadila.
- Cyra 20 mg Tablet is sold by Systopic Laboratories Limited.
- Rabicip 20 mg Tablet is sold by Cipla Limited.
- Roles 20 mg Tablet is sold by Sun Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- Pepsia 20 mg Tablet is sold by FDC Limited.
- Rabemac 20 mg Tablet is sold by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- Rabeloc 20 mg Tablet is sold by Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- Acera 20 mg Tablet is sold by Ipca Laboratories Limited.
- Superia 20 mg Tablet is sold by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited.
Razo 20 Tablet Interactions:
Interaction with certain drugs can be life threatening. Extreme caution is recommended.
- Razo 20 interacts severely with Cilostazol, Ritonavir, Nitrazepam, Flurazepam, Etizolam, Lorazepam, Chlordiazepoxide, Midazolam, Clobazam, Clonazepam, Sodium Bicarbonate, Alprazolam and Diazepam.
- Razo 20 interacts moderately with Phenytoin, Methotrexate and Dipyridamole.
- Razo 20 also interacts in a small way with Erythromycin, Azithromycin, Digoxin, Clopidogrel, Spiramycin, Clarithromycin and Roxythromycin.
1) Is Razo 20 an OTC product?
Ans: No. Extreme caution is required while using the product.
2) Is Razo 20 an antacid?
Ans: No. It is a proton pump inhibitor.
3) Can one take antacids along with Razo 20?
Ans: Antacids like aluminum hydroxide, magnesium carbonate or sodium bicarbonate can be taken on the advice of a Doctor.
4) Does Razo 20 cause weight gain?
Ans: Sometimes yes. It is a rarely reported side effect.
5) Can Razo 20 be taken with domperidone?
Ans: Yes. A combination of the two drugs is also available. Domperidone increases motility of the intestines while Rabeprazole decreases acid secretion, making the combination very effective.
6) Does Razo 20 cause high blood pressure?
Ans: It is not reported to cause high blood pressure.
7) Does Razo 20 cause constipation?
Ans: This is a common side effect seen on patients on Razo 20. Lifestyle changes, consuming plenty of fluids and a high fibre diet helps.
8) Can Razo 20 be taken with Ranitidine?
Ans: Yes. It takes a little time for Razo 20 to come to full effect. Ranitidine helps in the interim period.
9) What is the treatment cost of Razo 20?
Ans: Cost depends mainly on two factors – dosage and duration. However by normal standards the therapy is not expensive. The exact per tablet price can be had from the packaging box.
10) Can Razo 20 be taken with paracetamol or ibuprofen?
Ans: Yes, both the drugs can be taken with Razo 20. Rabeprazole is used to neutralize NSAID induced acidity, gastritis and ulcers.