Nucoxia MR tablet belongs to the category of Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. The medicine helps relieve pain and swellings. Nucoxia Mr is manufactured by Zydus Cadila. Nucoxia Mr is a prescription drugs and should be consumed only after consulting a doctor.
|Nature of Nucoxia Mr Tablet:||Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug|
|Composition of Nucoxia Mr Tablet:||Etoricoxib and Thiocolchicoside|
|Uses of Nucoxia Mr Tablet:||Urinary tract infections, vaginal infections and skin infections|
|Side-effect of Nucoxia Mr Tablet:||Constipation, weakness, gas, cramps|
|Precautions of Nucoxia Mr Tablet:||People with issue of seizure and epilepsy should not use Nucoxia Mr.|
Nucoxia MR tablets are used as a pain reliever. It is also used in the treatment and prevention of conditions such as gouty arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis and other conditions that cause an individual to experience pain.
Uses and Benefits of Nucoxia Mr:
Nucoxia Mr is generally used for the treatment of joint pain, muscle pains and swellings and more. However, other than these, Nucoxia Mr is also used for the treatment, prevention and providing relief from the following conditions:
- Post-surgery pains
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Gouty arthritis
Apart from the uses mentioned above, Nucoxia Mr might be used for the treatment and prevention of other diseases and conditions. Patients should consult the doctor to ensure that Nucoxia Mr should or should not be used specific to their condition.
Side Effects of Nucoxia Mr:
There are some common side effects of Nucoxia Mr like every other NSAID. Patients experiencing side effects should consult a doctor and seek immediate medical assistance. Some of the common side effects of Nucoxia Mr are mentioned below:
- Increased anxiety and restlessness
- Edema of the face
- Discomfort in the stomach
- Dry mouth
There may be other side effects to Nucoxia Mr than those already mentioned above. The side effects also depend on the medical condition of the individual, his/her medical history and the current parallel running medications.
Common Dosage of Nucoxia Mr Tablet:
The dosage of Nucoxia Mr is prescribed by the doctor and should be followed as such to avoid complications. It is not recommended for any individual to take more than 3 tablets a day. There must be considerable time gap between each dose to make sure that there is no risk of overdosing.
- Missed Dose : In case of a missed dose, Nucoxia Mr should be taken as soon as one remembers about it. However, if it is time for the next dose then the usual dosage should be continued. Also, it is advised not to take extra doses of Nucoxia Mr in order to compensate for the missed dose.
- Overdose : In case of suspicion of an overdose, medical practitioner should be consulted as soon as possible.
Composition and Nature of Nucoxia Mr:
Nucoxia Mr comprises Etoricoxib and Thiocolchicoside. Etoricoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug which helps with pain, redness, and swelling and Thiocolchicoside is a muscle relaxant that helps to relieve stiffness of the muscle and reduce muscle spasms.
Nucoxia Mr Tablet Price in India:
|Nucoxia MR||INR 198.1 per strip of 10 tablets|
How Nucoxia Mr Tablet Works?
Nucoxia Mr contains a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (Etoricoxib) that blocks certain chemical messengers (Prostaglandins) in the brain which helps with the pain. It also reduces the swelling and redness of muscles. Thiocolchicoside relaxes muscle to reduce muscle stiffness and help with muscle spasms.
How to take Nucoxia Mr?
- Nucoxia Mr should be swallowed whole.
- Nucoxia Mr should not be crushed, chewed or broken before consumption.
- Nucoxia MR can be taken with or without food.
- The course of Nucoxia Mr should be completed. It should not be stopped without consulting a doctor.
- It is advisable to stay hydrated while consuming Nucoxia Mr.
- The dosage prescribed by the doctor should be strictly followed.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Nucoxia Mr Tablet?
There are certain precautions one has to observe during the course of Nucoxia Mr.
- Individuals with chronic liver and kidney diseases must not use Nucoxia Mr unless prescribed by the doctor.
- The drug is proven to be unsafe to be taken by pregnant ladies and lactating mothers. Patient with either of the above conditions should not take Nucoxia Mr without a proper prescription from the doctor and only in case the benefits outweigh all medical risks.
- Nucoxia Mr must not be used by children under 16 years of age and by individuals above the age of 65.
- Patients should avoid smoking during the course of Nucoxia Mr.
- Patients who have had a medical history reflecting stroke and peptic ulcers must inform their doctor before Nucoxia Mr is prescribed.
- Individuals suffering from several heart diseases, coagulation defects, allergic disorders and hypersensitivity must avoid using Nucoxia Mr.
- Nucoxia Mr may increase the risk of heart attack and stroke. Patients must inform the doctor immediately if they experience any discomforting side effects.
Substitutes for Nucoxia Mr:
Medicines with the same composition and nature as that of Nucoxia MR can be used as substitutes for the same. Some of the substitutes of Nucoxia Mr include:
- Retoz MR 60mg tablets
- EBOV MR 60mg tablets
- Ect Forte tablets
- Rhucoxia TH 60mg tablets
- GencoxMr 60mg tablets.
Nucoxia Mr Interactions with Other Drugs:
Nucoxia MR when taken during certain medical conditions or along with specific drugs may interact and result in undesired effect. Hence, it is advised to inform the doctor about the on-going medicines and clinical conditions.
Here is a list of interaction that may occur with Nucoxia MR:
There are certain drugs or salts that interact with Nucoxia MR. The interaction may result in neutralization of effect of either of the medicines or worsening of the present medical condition.
Here is a list of drug interactions:
- Anti-coagulants: Nucoxia MR when taken along with anticoagulant drugs may lead to fatal bleeding, resulting in morbidity. Hence, it is advised not to use both medicines at the same time. Also, to avoid any such complication a doctor should be informed in advance if an individual is consuming anti-coagulant drugs.
- Oral contraceptives: Consumption of Nucoxia MR along with oral contraceptive makes the latter ineffective. Hence, it is advised to not use both the medicine at the same time.
- ACE inhibitors: Nucoxia MR when taken along with ACE inhibitors may result in renal failure (kidney failure). Hence, it is advised not to combine any drug belonging to the category of ACE inhibitors with any other drugs.
- Beta blockers: Beta blockers when combined with Nucoxia MR may result in undesired effects in stomach and intestine. Thus, it is advised to not combine both the drugs.
Interaction with Alcohol
Alcohol should not be combined along with Nucoxia MR. Consuming alcohol with Nucoxia MR may lead to adverse side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and loss of concentration.
Interaction with Diseases
Nucoxia MR when consumed in case of certain clinical conditions may result in worsening of existing clinical conditions or some other unwanted effects.
Here is a list of diseases that may result in severe interaction with the Nucoxia MR:
- Liver disease: Nucoxia Mr should be used with extra caution in patients with liver function impairment as it may worsen the existing condition. It is advised to monitor the liver functioning while using Nucoxia MR. If condition worsens then the dosage should be adjusted or medicine should be replaced with a suitable substitute.
- Fluid retention and edema: Nucoxia Mr should be used with extreme caution in patients suffering from edema and fluid retention, as it may worsen the existing condition. It is advised to monitor the level of electrolytes and any kind of changes in the body. If any undesired change is experienced, then a dosage should be adjusted or Nucoxia MR should be replaced with a suitable substitute.
- Heart disease: Patients with heart related conditions should exercise caution while using Nucoxia MR, as it may worsen the existing medical conditions. It is advised to report history of heart failure, heart attack, stroke, etc. before using Nucoxia Mr. If any undesired effect is experienced, then a health care provider should be consulted without any delay. Also, Nucoxia Mr should be replaced with a suitable substitute.
- Dehydration and Diarrhea: Nucoxia Mr should be used with precautions in patients suffering from dehydration or diarrhea, as it may worsen condition of the patient. In case any undesired effect is experienced then corrective measures such as dose adjustment or a suitable substitute, should be done, on the basis of clinical condition.
- Gastrointestinal ulcers or bleeding: Patient with a history of gastrointestinal bleeding or ulcers should avoid the use of Nucoxia MR, as it may worsen the present medical condition. In case any undesired effect is experienced, then a medical practitioner should be consulted and the dosage should be adjusted. If required, Nucoxia MR should be replaced with an alternative.
- High blood pressure: Patients suffering from high blood pressure should practice precautions while using Nucoxia MR. It increases the risk of altered blood pressure. It is advised to monitor blood pressure closely and in case of any undesired changes, a doctor should be consulted. Also, if needed, dose should be adjusted or Nucoxia MR should be replaced with a suitable substitute.
Nucoxia Mr Contraindications:
- Pediatric use: Nucoxia Mr should not be given to children below 16 years of age.
- Infections: A patient suffering from any kind of infection should exercise caution while taking Nucoxia Mr as it may hide the respective symptoms. It is advised to monitor the condition and a doctor should be consulted.
- Pregnancy: Nucoxia Mr is not recommended for pregnant women unless necessary. All the risks and benefits should be calculated and medicine should be consumed only if the benefits outweigh the risks. Nucoxia MR can also be replaced with a suitable substitute, if needed.
- Breast-feeding: Nucoxia Mr should not be used by breast-feeding women unless necessary. All the risks and benefits should be calculated, and it should be taken only if benefits outweigh the risk. Also, breastfeeding should be discontinued while consuming Nucoxia MR.
Nucoxia Mr Tablet Variants:
|Nucoxia 90 Tablet||Etoricoxib (90mg)|
|Nucoxia P Tablet||Etoricoxib (60mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen (325mg)|
|Nucoxia MR 8 Tablet||Etoricoxib (60mg) + Thiocolchicoside (8mg)|
|Nucoxia 60 Tablet||Etoricoxib (60mg)|
|Nucoxia 120 Tablet||Etoricoxib (120mg)|
|Nucoxia D3 Capsule||Etoricoxib (90mg) + Vitamin D3 (600IU)|
|Nucoxia Relax 90mg/8mg Tablet||Etoricoxib (90mg) + Thiocolchicoside (8mg)|
|Nucoxia SP Tablet||Etoricoxib (60mg) + Serratiopeptidase (10mg)|
|Nucoxia Emul Gel||Etoricoxib (10mg)|
|Nucoxia Ointment||Etoricoxib (1% w/w)|
Nucoxia Mr Storage:
- Nucoxia Mr should be kept at room temperature.
- It should not be exposed to direct heat and sunlight.
- Nucoxia Mr should not be frozen.
- It should not be stored in a place of moisture such as in bathroom or near the sink.
- The place of storage should not be in the reach of children or pets.
- Nucoxia MR should not be flushed or poured in the drain unless asked to do so. Discarding medicines in such manner may contaminate the environment.
- If medicine has expired, then it should be discarded properly. A pharmacist should be consulted for disposal instructions.
Ans: If you have missed a dosage of the tablets, the logical thing to do in this case is to take the tablet as soon as it comes to your notice. But it is to be noted that missing dosages frequently may be harmful for the individual’s condition. Try to be regular with the medicines. In case you are missing your dosages quite frequently, you may set an alarm for the same or ask any of your family members to remind you of the dosages.
Ans: Overdosing on the tablets can be dangerous. In case you have overdosed on the tablets and experience any side effects of overdosing, talk to your doctor asking a remedy for the same. You may also approach the nursing home or hospital nearby your place and approach a specialist discussing your condition.
Ans: Yes, Nucoxia MR tablet have been medically proven to be safe for consumption.
Ans: Nucoxia Mr may have some sedative effect and therefore driving or operating heavy machinery immediately after consuming Nucoxia Mr is not recommended. If you experience side effects like dizziness, sleepiness, and blurred vision, activities that require high levels of alertness should not be indulged in.
Ans: No, Nucoxia MR tablets are not addictive. Addictive medicines are categorized under schedule X or schedule H in India and under 2-5 in the US. Check the package to know more about the same.
Ans: Use of Nucoxia should be avoided in following conditions:
Congestive Heart failure
Children below 16 years of age
Ans: Side effects may vary from person to person depending on the clinical condition. Here is a list of commonly reported side effects:
Infections (rare): Urinary tract infections and upper respiratory infection
Immune system disorder (rare): Hypersensitivity reactions
Psychiatric disorders (rare): Depression, decreased mental capability, anxiety, hallucinations, confusion
Nervous system disorder: Dizziness, Headache, altered sensations, calmness, insomnia
Bone and connective tissue disorder
Cardiac disorders (common): Increased blood pressure, palpitations, increased heartbeat
Eye disorders: Eye infections, Blurred vision
Ear disorders: Ringing sensation in the ear, vertigo
Fluid retention or edema
Increase or decrease in appetite