Marketed and manufactured by Torque Pharmaceuticals Ltd, No Scars Cream is a skin lightening agent that works by inhibiting the production of melanin. It is primarily used to lighten the skin and treat the dark spots. The cream also helps treat conditions associated with skin discolouration caused due to skin trauma and pregnancy.
|Nature of No Scars Cream||Skin Lightening Agent|
|Uses of No Scars Cream||Melasma, Acne vulgaris, Age spots, Dermatitis, Wrinkles|
|Composition of No Scars Cream||Hydroquinone, Mometasone, Tretinoin|
|Side effects of No Scars Cream||Burning of Skin, Allergic Reactions, Redness of the skin, Skin Irritation|
|Precautions of No Scars Cream||Pregnancy, Breastfeeding, Allergic Reactions|
Uses and Benefits of No Scars Cream:
No Scars Cream is a skin lightening agent that is primarily used to lighten the colour of the skin and remove dark spots. It also helps cure conditions associated with skin discolourations caused due to skin trauma, pregnancy, and hormone replacement therapy. It is used to treat the following conditions:
- Acne : The condition is often associated with spots and pimples on the face and other parts of the body. No Scars Cream contains tretinoin (a form of vitamin A), that helps treat acne.
- Melasma : It is a skin condition that is usually triggered by pregnancy, hormone therapy and use of birth control pills. It results in brown patches on the face.
- Eczema : A skin disorder that results in inflammation and itchiness of the skin. As No Scars Cream contains steroid, it helps relieve itching and inflammation.
Side Effects of No Scars Cream:
No Scars Cream is a safe cream that shows no major side effects. However, in certain cases, it may show some side effects such as:
- Irritation on the skin
- Formation of pimples
- Skin colour lightening
- Reactions due to allergy
- Burning sensations on the skin
- Sense of hyper hypopigmentation
In case any of the above-mentioned side effects are experienced, or persists or worsens, the patient must seek medical attention immediately.
Common Dosages of No Scars Cream:
No Scars Cream is meant for external use only. As the cream contains steroid, it should be administered in accordance with the instructions prescribed by the doctor. It is advised that the patient should clean and dry the affected area before applying the cream.
- Missed dose : Patients are advised to take the missed dose as soon as it is remembered. However, it is advisable not to apply the cream if it is almost time for the next scheduled application. In no case should the cream be over-applied to compensate for the missed dose of application.
- Overdose : Under no circumstances this cream should be over-applied. As it contains steroid, over-application may result in adverse effects. However, if accidentally applied in excess quantity, one must rush to a doctor to seek immediate medical attention especially if any unwanted effects are experienced.
Composition and Nature of No Scars Cream:
No Scars Cream is a skin lightening agent. It contains hydroquinone, mometasone and tretinoin as its active ingredients.
No Scars Cream Price in India:
|No Scars Cream||INR 234||20 gm|
How to use No Scars Cream?
No Scars Cream is meant for external use only and should not be administered otherwise. As it contains steroid, it should be used as per the dosage prescribed by the doctor, or the patient may follow the instructions written on the label. Doctors usually prescribe this medicine to be applied twice a day.
The patient should always clean and dry the affected area before applying the cream. It is recommended to avoid the direct contact of the cream with eyes, nose and mouth.
The patients are advised to avoid exposure to sunlight and dirt during the duration of the medicine.
How does No Scars Cream work?
No Scars Cream is a skin lightening agent that contains hydroquinone, mometasone and tretinoin as its active ingredients. The cream works by inhibiting the production of tyrosinase enzyme (an important enzyme for biosynthesis of melanin pigments). This, in turn, inhibits the production of melanin pigments to lighten the skin.
When is No Scars Cream Prescribed?
No Scars Cream is a skin-lightening agent that is primarily used to lighten the skin tone and remove the dark spots. It is prescribed to treat skin discoloration caused due to skin trauma. Doctors may also prescribe this cream to cure the symptoms of eczema, melasma, hives, wrinkles, itchy skin, dermatitis, hyperpigmentation and acne.
Precautions and Warning – When to avoid it?
No Scars Cream contains steroid and hence, should be used with care and caution. A few points of concern that one should keep in mind while using No Scars are:
- No Scars Cream contains hydroquinone and hence, use of this cream for more than 6 to 8 weeks is not recommended. However, before discontinuing the use, the patient should consult a doctor.
- No Scars Cream may interact with certain medicines and hence the patients should discuss their current list of medications with the doctor.
- Patients must discuss their medical history with the doctor to eliminate any risk of disease interaction.
- Use of this cream should be avoided if an individual is allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Exposure to the sun for long durations should be avoided post applying the cream.
- Use of No Scars Cream is not recommended for pregnant ladies as the ingredients may cross the placenta and harm the foetus.
- Effect of No Scars Cream on the quality and quantity of breast milk is not known. However, as the cream contains steroids, it should not be used by nursing mothers.
Substitutes for No Scars Cream:
There are various substitutes of No Scars Cream available in the market, which have the exact same composition as that of No Scars Cream. Some of the commonly available substitutes are:
- Melacare Cream – manufactured by Ajanta Pharma Ltd
- Ultrabrite Cream – manufactured by Leeford Healthcare Ltd
- Skinshine Cream – manufactured by Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Makers Beauty Cream – manufactured by Makers Laboratories Ltd
- Glowcor Cream – manufactured by Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd
- Etaze Ht Cream – manufactured by Mohrish Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Glowcare Forte Cream – manufactured by AN Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Pigmason Cream – manufactured by Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Eukroma Plus 2% w/w/0.1 – manufactured by Yash Pharma Laboratories Ltd
No Scars Cream Interactions:
Co-administration of No Scars Cream with other over the counter medicines, herbal medicines or vitamin supplements may increase the risk of side effects. No Scars Cream may interact with the following medicines and are not advised to be used together:
- Salicylic Acid
No Scars Cream Variants:
The following are the variants of No Scars:
- No Scars Cream
- No Scars Face Wash
- No Scars Soap
- No Scars Insta Skin Lightening Cream
Medicines that should not be taken with this Cream:
Mixing two or more drugs may change how the drug works and may increase the risk of side effects of the drug. No Scars Cream should never be used with:
- Salicylic acid
How to store No Scars Cream?
It is advised to store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from direct heat and sunlight. One must keep the medicine away from the reach of children and pets. The packaging of this medicine must be kept intact in order to maintain its effect when being administered.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1) Can alcohol interact with No Scars Cream?
Ans: Interaction between alcohol and No Scars Cream is not known. However, it is advisable to refrain from consuming alcohol for the period No Scars Cream is being used.
2) Can I use this medicine during pregnancy?
Ans: As No Scars Cream contains steroid, it may go across the placenta and harm the foetus. Thus, you should avoid the usage of this medicine. For case-specific recommendations, one must consult a doctor.
3) How long does it take for No Scars Cream to work?
Ans: Usually, No Scars Cream starts working within a few days of its usage. However, it may take three to four weeks to see a noticeable improvement in the condition.
4) Is it addictive?
Ans: ‘No Scars’ Cream is not addictive in nature. However, the use of this cream for more than 6 to 8 weeks is not recommended. For case-specific recommendations, it is advised to consult a medical practitioner.
5) What is No Scars Cream used to treat?
Ans: No Scars Cream is a skin lightening agent that is primarily used to reduce dark spots and lighten the skin. It may also be used to treat skin discolourations, acne, eczema, melasma and dermatitis.
6) What is No Scars Cream used for?
Ans: No Scars Cream is a skin lightening agent that is primarily used to reduce dark spots and lighten the skin. In certain cases, doctors may also prescribe this cream to treat acne, eczema, melasma and dermatitis.
7) What are the side effects of No Scars Cream?
Ans: No Scars Cream is meant for external use only and thus shows no major side effects. However, some mild side-effects shown by it include, burning of skin, allergic reactions, redness of skin and skin irritation.
8 ) Can I get No Scars Cream without a prescription?
Ans: No, ‘No Scars Cream’ is a prescription medicine that legally requires a prescription to be dispensed.
9) Can No Scars Cream be administered to children and infants?
Ans: No. No Scars Cream contains steroid and hence should not be administered to children and infants. For case-specific recommendations, one may consult a doctor.
10) Can No Scars Cream be used on regular basis?
Ans: No. No Scars Cream contains steroid and thus, should not be used for more than 6 to 8 weeks. Consult a doctor to know more about the usage of this cream.
11) Can this Cream be used by lactating mothers?
Ans: Effect of No Scars Cream on the quality and quantity of breast milk is not known. Hence, the use of this cream should be avoided by lactating mothers unless prescribed by the doctor.
12) Is No Scars Cream a steroid?
Ans: Yes, No Scars Cream contains hydroquinone. Hydroquinone is a kind of steroid that reduces inflammation and swelling of the skin.
13) What are the points that should be kept in mind before applying No Scars Cream?
Ans: A few points that should be kept in mind before using No Scars Cream are:
- As the cream contains steroid, it should be used only as per the prescription of the doctor.
- The Cream may react with certain drugs, and thus one should ensure that the doctor has a complete record of the on-going treatments of the patient.
- Use of this cream should be avoided if an individual is allergic to any of its constituents.
- No Scars Cream contains hydroquinone (a type of steroid) and thus, use of this cream for more than 6 to 8 weeks is not recommended.
- No Scars Cream may show some disease interactions and thus it is advised that the patient should discuss the current medical condition (especially those concerned with skin) with the doctor.
14) What are the important instructions for storage of No Scars Cream?
Ans: No Scars Cream should be stored in a clean and dry place, away from direct heat and sunlight. One must keep the medicine away from the reach of children and pets. Also, the packaging of this medicine must be kept intact in order to maintain its effect when being administered.
15) How should this medicine be applied?
Ans: Read the instructions carefully before applying No Scars Cream. Always clean and dry the affected area before the application of this cream. As the cream contains steroid, one must consult a doctor before using this cream.
16) What should I do if No Scars Cream enters into the eyes?
Ans: You should avoid the direct contact of No Scars Cream with the eyes. However, if accidentally, it enters into the eyes you should wash the eyes with plenty of water and contact a doctor immediately.
17) Can I use this Cream more than the prescribed quantity?
Ans: No. This cream contains steroid and hence should not be overused. Overusing the medicine will not treat the condition rapidly instead, it may cause serious side effects. In case you experience no improvement with the prescribed dosage, discuss the issue with your doctor.