Nicip Plus tablet belongs to the category of Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID) and is used in the treatment of fever, pain, swellings due to inflammations, etc. The medicine is also recommended in the treatment of conditions such as Osteoarthritis and pain associated with mensuration.
|Nature:||Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammation Drugs|
|Composition:||Paracetamol & Nimesulide|
|Uses:||Pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis, menstrual cramps, and fever|
|Side effects:||Sweating profusely, Nausea, Gas, Blisters on skin|
|Precautions:||Patients with heart and kidney diseases should avoid medicine|
|Price:||Rs 52 (Strip of 10 Tablets)|
The Nicip Plus tablet is manufactured by Cipla Ltd and is not an over-the-counter medicine. The medicine should be consumed only after consulting a doctor. Nicip Plus should not be given to children below 12 years of age.
The Nicip Plus Tablet works by blocking the synthesis of cyclooxygenase which further blocks the production of prostaglandins. Nicip Plus enhances the threshold of pain in the body and helps perspire by releasing heat from the body, helping in the relaxation of the patients eventually.
Uses and Benefits of Nicip Plus:
The Paracetamol present in the Nicip Plus Tablets helps reduce the temperature to a large extent and will give the patient relief from high fever. Although the Paracetamol in the Nicip Plus tablets only subdues the fever for a while, it is still worth taking the tablets as they can provide the patient with very quick relief. The Nicip plus tablets, however, are not used only in case of fever and headaches but Nicip Plus tablets are used in the treatment of several other conditions.
A few of the major uses of the Nicip plus tablets have been mentioned below:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Nicip Plus is used to treat conditions such as pain, swelling and stiffness of joints which are symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis: Nicip Plus assisting in relieving symptoms of Osteoarthritis such as painful joints and tender joints.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Symptoms associated with Ankylosing Spondylitis include pain and stiffness. Nicip Plus helps in treating these symptoms.
- Dysmenorrhea: Nicip Plus is found to be quite effective in relieving the pain associated with menstrual cramps which occur due to the synthesis of prostaglandin hormone and causes contraction of the uterus.
- Mild to moderate pain: It is also recommended for pain related to strain, sprain, and sports injuries.
- Migraine: Nicip Plus helps in relieving the pain associated with migraine, which includes headache, neck pain, etc.
- Bursitis: The pain occurs due to inflammation caused in the fluid-filled pads also referred to as bursae. Bursae act as cushions at the joints. The symptoms associated with Bursitis include pain and swelling in the joints.
- Tendinitis: The condition is defined as inflammation of a tendon i.e. tissue connecting the muscle and bones. It occurs due to overuse, rheumatic disease or infection. The symptoms associated with this condition are swelling and pain. Nicip Plus helps in reliving these symptoms.
- Headache: The medicine is found to be effective in reducing headache including the migraine headache. However, it is suggested to find the underlying cause of fever.
- Back Pain: Nicip Plus is found to be effective in the treatment of moderate to severe back pain caused due to sciatica, arthritis, herniated disc, etc.
- Frozen Shoulder: The condition is defined as orthopedic ailment. The symptoms associated with the medical condition include pain in the shoulder joint, stiffness, etc. Nicip Plus assists in relieving symptoms of the frozen shoulder including pain and stiffness.
- Gout: It is one of the types of arthritis and is characterized by symptoms such as tenderness, redness in the joints, severe pain in the joints, etc. Nicip Plus is recommended for the treatment of tenderness and joint pain.
- Ear pain: Nicip Plus is recommended for the treatment of infections and pain caused due to injuries.
- Toothache: The medicine is used in the treatment of toothache caused due to dental infections, injury or decay.
Side Effects of Nicip Plus:
The Nicip Plus Tablet is certainly a great set of tablets for cure and prevention but there are some side effects that it carries along with it. It is important to know the side effects before you purchase any medicine that you would apply externally or administer it orally. The side effects in Nicip Plus Tablets do not always occur. There are also chances that you may not experience any side effects at all. But in case you do,
Here are the following things that you might be experiencing:
- Itching of your hands
- Feeling of sickness
- Gas problems
- Suffering from allergy
- Certain blisters or lumps appearing on the skin
- Sweating profusely
- Bullae on the skin
Common Dosage of Nicip Plus:
There is no specified instruction regarding the dosage of the Nicip Plus Tablets. It relies on your medical history and on your current health conditions. If you are very ill and you have extremely high temperatures, then you might have to take higher doses. However, please be very cautious about the dosage and never exceed the dosage that your doctor has already prescribed for you. It might prove to be very dangerous.
In case a Nicip Plus dose is missed, consume it as soon as you remember. However, if the time of missed dose is overlapping with the next dose; it is advisable to skip the missed dose and continue with the usual schedule.
In the case of Nicip Plus overdose, a doctor should be consulted as soon as possible. as it can lead to several side effects such as liver impairment, kidney impairment, heart disorder, and damage to the fetus if consumed by pregnant women.
Composition and Nature of Nicip Plus:
Nicip plus tablets are made up of different kinds of salts. These salts are helpful in fighting harmful bacteria in the human body and act as a catalyst for the white blood cells. The two main ingredients of Nicip Plus include the following:
- Paracetamol: Paracetamol blocks the chemicals that are responsible for causing pain. The drug has antipyretic and analgesic property i.e. it acts as a pain killer as well as fever reducer. It works by triggering the brain’s temperature-controlling center. It enhances the threshold of pain in the body and increases the blood flow across the skin. Thus, helping with heat loss and sweating, eventually lowering the fever.
- Nimesulide: The Nicip Plus belongs to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. It inhibits the production of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are hormones which are responsible for pain. Inhibiting the production of prostaglandin helps relieve inflammation and associated pain.
Variants Of Nicip Plus:
The Nicip Plus Tablet is available in the following variants:
How Nicip Plus Works?
Nicip Plus tablet works by inhibiting the production of Cyclooxygenase (or COX2). It is an enzyme that is responsible for the synthesis of prostaglandins in the body. Prostaglandins result in inflammation, swelling, and pain of the joints. By inhibiting the production of cyclooxygenase (COX2), prostaglandins are also blocked. Therefore, conditions such as migraine pain, osteoarthritis, postoperative pain, rheumatoid pain, inflammation, menstrual pain, joint swellings, and fever are alleviated using this medicine. The drug prevents the production of all the enzymes or components that ignite the process of inflammation such as free radicals, histamine, proteolytic enzymes, cyclooxygenase, and prostaglandin. It also helps to relieve acute pain due to thrombophlebitis, ear infections, and dysmenorrhea. Nicip Plus reduces fever and reduces the growth of cancerous cells. The medicine is proved to provide relief very quickly.
What is Nicip Plus prescribed?
The Nicip Plus belongs to the category of COX2 inhibitor, and assists by blocking prostaglandin. It is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Acute pain
- Swelling of joints
- Back pain
- Menstrual cramps(Dysmenorrhea)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Post-surgical pain
- Joint ache
- Ear infection or pain
How to use Nicip Plus Tablet?
- The Nicip Plus is available in both tablet and suspension form.
- The tablet should be consumed as a whole and not crushed or chewed. Drink plenty of water at the time of swallowing.
- If Nicip Plus is being consumed in suspension form, then the syrup should be shaken well to mix the mediation evenly.
- Always use a proper measuring device to consume the correct dosage of medicine.
- The standard dose recommended is 100 mg on daily basis for adults. However, the dosage sometimes can vary depending on the clinical condition and age of the person.
- The tablet can be consumed twice or thrice a day depending on the clinical condition as well as age of the person.
- Nicip Plus can be consumed with or without food. However, it is suggested to take the medicines with food to avoid any gastric issues.
- The course of the medicine should be finished as per the doctor’s prescription.
- The Nicip Plus dose being consumed should not exceed the dose prescribed by a health professional.
- Children below 12 years of age should not consume this medicine.
- People suffering from chronic conditions should avoid Nicip Plus for prolonged period, as it can result in harmful effects.
- The Nicip Plus Tablet is recommended only in case of acute pain.
- The duration of course should not exceed more than 15 days; else there might be a chance of adverse consequence on health.
- The information manual provided along with the medicine should be read properly; or clear all the queries from the pharmacist or a health professional to avoid any kind of complications.
Nicip Plus Price in India:
Name: Nicip Plus Tablets (100mg): Price: INR 52 (1 Strip-10Tablets)
Name: Nicip Plus Syrup (60ml) : Price: INR 24
Precautions and Warning Related to Nicip Plus:
The Nicip Plus tablets should be avoided at all costs if you are falling into the following categories:
- In case of any history of allergy with Paracetamol, avoid using the medicine.
- In case of any history of allergy with Nimesulide, avoid the consumption of Nicip Plus and ask for a suitable substitute from a health professional.
- Women should not consume the medicine for a prolonged period as it contains Nimesulide and excess intake of Nimesulide can result in infertility.
- Women who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant in the near future should avoid the consumption of this medicine. Consumption of Nicip Plus can cause severe harmful effects to the developing fetus, especially during the last trimester of pregnancy. Ask for a suitable substitute or discuss the potential benefits and risks with a health professional before consuming the medicine.
- The medicine should be avoided by lactating women who are breastfeeding an infant. Though there is a lack of proper evidence it may cause some harmful effects to the infants. A doctor should be consulted and related risks, as well as benefits, should be calculated. The Nicip Plus should be consumed only when the benefits outweigh the benefits, otherwise, a substitute should be taken.
- The medicine should be avoided or used judiciously if an individual has an issue of gastric bleeding and ulcers. If not, the medicine can cause bleeding of the gut. Any such side effect experienced should be reported to a doctor without any delay.
- Use of Nicip Plus, by people with history of liver diseases or currently suffering from any kind of liver impairment, should be avoided. As using Nicip Plus can cause severe effects on the liver. The concerns should be informed to the doctor in advance to prevent any kind of abnormalities. Any undesired effects experienced should be reported to a doctor as soon as possible.
- The medicine should be practiced with extreme caution by people with any kind of heart or valve disorder. In case of any undesired effects experienced, a doctor should be consulted without any delay.
- Use of Nicip Plus for long-term can cause adverse effects on the kidney. Any history of kidney impairment should be discussed with a doctor in advance, to avoid any kind of complications. In case any undesired effect is experienced after consuming the medicine, then a doctor should be consulted without delay. Also, Nicip Plus should be replaced with a suitable substitute depending on the clinical condition of the patient.
- Extra caution should be practiced when Nicip Plus is being consumed by old people as the side effects are severe in such cases. Risk of severing effects on liver, kidney, and heart should be considered before prescribing Nicip Plus.
- A doctor should be informed in advance regarding the medicine containing paracetamol which is being consumed. Excess intake of paracetamol can cause adverse effects on health.
- Details of all the medications in practice should be shared with a health professional in advance to avoid any kind of drug interaction.
- If you are a heavy drinker or has any kind of medical history, then the details should be shared with a health professional in advance.
- The amount being consumed should never exceed the dose prescribed by a health professional.
Substitutes for Nicip Plus:
There are other ways by which you can take care of your fever and your headache apart from using the Nicip Plus Tablets.
Some of the medicines recommended by a medical professional are as follows:
- Nimprex P Tablet
- Rhumanim Plus Tablet
- Nock 2 Tablet
- Nicip-P Tablet
- Jumolid Plus 100 Mg/325 Mg Tablet
- Sunocet 100 Mg/325 Mg Tablet
- Nimopen Plus 100Mg/325Mg Tablet
- Bestogesic Plus 100 Mg/325 Mg Tablet
- Pyrecip Plus 100 Mg/325 Mg Tablet
- Nimbus Plus 100 Mg/325 Mg Tablet
- Nemu P Tablet
- Nepar 100 mg/325 mg Tablet
- I Nid P 100 Mg/325 Mg Tablet
- Zumo 100mg/325mg Tablet
- Nimupain Plus Tablet
- Nide P Tablet
- Neemact-P Tablet
- Nimriz Plus Tablet
- Supernim Plus 100 mg/325 mg Tablet
- Nimlin P 100mg/325mg Tablet
- Sies 100 Mg/325 Mg Tablet
- Nimelide Plus 100 Mg/325 Mg Tablet
- Nimudec Plus Tablet
- Junocip 100 Mg/325 Mg Tablet
- Dolamide Tablet
- Nobel Plus 100 Mg/325 Mg Tablet
- Nodard Plus 100Mg/325Mg Tablet
- Nedolide P 100Mg/325Mg Tablet
Other common methods include using Ayurveda therapy or by using homeopathic medicines. However, the process here is slow and it takes much more time. A doctor should be consulted beforehand.
Nicip Plus Suspension:
Nicip Plus 100mg/ 325mg suspension belongs to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory painkiller. The Nicip Plus Tablet works by blocking the production of Cyclooxygenase, which blocks the synthesis of prostaglandins in the body. Prostaglandin is the enzyme responsible for causing acute pain, inflammations, swelling of joints, etc. Thus, Nicip Plus is prescribed for clinical conditions such as menstrual cramps, migraines, back pain, fever, rheumatoid arthritis, fever, post-operative pain, and osteoarthritis.
Nicip Plus Interactions:
Just like any other drug, the Nicip plus tablets can react to certain substances.
Please make sure that you are not consuming any of the following:
- Drug Interactions: Drug interactions may vary from one to another and all the details should be verified beforehand. The details of ongoing medicine should be shared with a medical professional who is recommending Nicip Plus.The medicine might degrade the existing disease or disorder. The doctor should be informed in advance about any medical history, before prescribing Nicip Plus.
Few drugs become ineffective after interacting with other drugs or intensify the present condition and side effects. Thus, it is better to provide complete details of all the prescribed drugs, herbal supplements that are being consumed.
Some of the drugs that are known to interact with Nicip Plus are as follow:
- Methotrexate (Major) – Methotrexate when taken along with Nicip Plus can cause toxicity and other unwanted effects. It is advisable to consult the doctor and take an alternative, if required.
- Apixaban (Major) – The medicine should be consumed along with Nicip Plus, only under the supervision of a medical professional. If any symptoms such as black and tarry stools, dizziness, and presence of blood in vomit or cough are experienced, a doctor should be consulted as early as possible.
- Ramipril (Moderate)- Nicip Plus when taken along with Ramipril can cause muscle cramps, nausea, vomiting, confusion, weakness and swelling. If any of the symptoms are experienced, a doctor should be consulted as early as possible. In this case, dose adjustment of either medicines or their alternative should be asked by the doctor.
- Adefovir (Major)- A doctor should be consulted before taking the tablets in the same course of time, as it may show some major side effects after interacting.
- Ketorolac (Major) – Any over the counter product containing this compound should not be consumed randomly. Instructions written on the cover should be read properly and a doctor should be consulted, as it can cause major side effects.
Consumption of the Nicip Plus can worsen some existing medical conditions. An individual should take precautions in case of following medical conditions:
- Asthma (Major): The medicine should be avoided in case of NSAID-sensitive asthma. If any such history exists, a doctor should be informed beforehand so that some alternative can be prescribed and harm can be prevented.
- Fluid retention and Edema (Major): In the case of Edema and fluid retention, the medicine should be taken under the proper supervision of a medical professional. Also, a regular monitoring of heart conditions and blood pressure is recommended.
- Gastro-Intestinal toxicity (Major): Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs including Nicip Plus should be taken only after consulting a doctor if an individual is already suffering from gastro-intestinal toxicity.
If an individual experiences blood in vomiting, coffee colored dry blood in stool, chronic indigestion, ulceration, etc. a doctor should be consulted at early.
- Skin rash (Major): Nicip Plus may cause skin allergies such as hives, rashes and fever. If any of the symptoms are experienced, a doctor should be consulted as early as possible. If there is any history of skin disease a doctor should be informed.
- Impaired Kidney function (Major): Nicip Plus should be avoided or consumed only under the supervision of a medical professional in case of renal impairment. If required, a doctor should be consulted for dose adjustment or any alternative of Nicip Plus.
- Stroke and heart attack (Major): In case of an individual suffering from any of the heart diseases, the medicine should be consumed after consulting a doctor. Also, the individual should strictly adhere to the doses prescribed as the slight change in the dose can affect the severity of the condition. Along with Nicip P, some additional medicine should be consumed to reduce the risk of side effects. If symptoms such as shallow breathing, weakness, speech slurring, and chest pain are experienced, they should be reported to a doctor as soon as possible.
Consumption of alcohol should be avoided while consuming alcohol. If an individual consumes alcohol along with Nicip Plus, symptoms such as blood in stools or cough might be experienced. The condition should be reported to a medical professional.
Medicine that should not be consumed along with Nicip Plus Tablet:
- Clavulanic Acid/ Amoxicillin
- Salicylic acid
- Anti-fungal (Ketoconazole)
- Anti-convulsant (valporic acid)
- Anti-tuberculosis drugs (Isoniazid)
- Other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g. Aspirin)
How to store Nicip Plus?
- The Nicip Plus Tablet should be stored at room temperature i.e. 15-30 ºC or 59-86 ºF.
- The Nicip Plus Tablet should be kept away from heat, light and moisture.
- Nicip Plus should be stored at place where children and pets cannot reach.
- The Nicip Plus should not be flushed in toiled or poured in drain, unless asked to do so.
- If the medicine has expired, then it should be discarded properly. The procedure of discard should be discussed with a pharmacist or local waste company.
Nicip plus approved countries:
- United State
How to store Nicip Plus:
- Always store Nicip Plus Tablet at room temperature away from light and moisture.
- Do not freeze Nicip Plus.
- Keep Nicip Plus away from children
1) What is Nicip Plus?
Ans: Nicip Plus is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). The medicine is found to be effective in providing relief from fever, inflammations, and pain including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, menstrual cramps, etc.
2) Should I take the Nicip Plus Tablets if I am pregnant?
Ans: Paracetamol can be taken in certain dosages even if you are pregnant. However, if you are considering Nimesulide, then it is a strict no as it can cause harmful effects to the fetus. Nicip Plus should be avoided in the last trimester of pregnancy. Risks and benefits should be calculated after consulting a doctor, and medicine should be consumed only if the benefits outweigh the risks. Considering a suitable substitute for Nicip Plus, with less or no amount of Nimesulide is recommended.
3) Should I take the Nicip Plus if I am breastfeeding?
Ans: There are certain risks involved with consuming Nicip Plus tablets when you are breastfeeding. However, your personal physician will be able to tell you better after proper diagnoses. Hence, a health professional should be consulted and Nicip plus should be consulted only if the benefits is outweighing the risks; or else any alternative of Nicip Plus should be consumed.
4) How long should I wait to see results?
Ans: Ideally, the Nicip plus tablets show results within 2 to 3 hours after the intake. For some, however, it might take longer. If the desired result is not experienced, then a health professional should be consulted; ask for either dose adjustment or any alternative of Nicip Plus.
5) Is the Nicip Plus Tablet addictive?
Ans: The Nicip Plus tablet is not addictive in any form. This tablet does not contain any addictive or controlled substances. However, it is always good to be safe and to stay away from an overdose. Self-medication should be avoided.
6) How frequently should Nicip Plus Tablets be consumed?
Ans: The Nicip Plus dose should be taken as per the prescription is given by a health professional. The dosage prescribed is on the basis of several factors including age, sex, the severity of the condition, etc. Usually, the prescribed Nicip Plus dose is one tablet thrice a day. However, the medicine should always be consumed after consulting a health professional and the prescribed dosage should be followed strictly.
7) Is Nicip Plus recommended for fever and headache?
Ans: Yes, Nicip Plus can be used for fever and headache. But the medicine only subsides fever for some time and it doesn’t treat the cause. Hence, as the fever subsides the underlying cause should be detected. Also, a doctor should be consulted before consuming Nicip Plus.
8) Is it feasible to consume alcohol with Nicip Plus?
Ans: No, Nicip Plus should not be consumed with alcohol as it enhances the chance of liver toxicity and stomach bleeding. It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol along with Nicip Plus. In case of consumption of alcohol along with Nicip Plus, a doctor should be contacted without any delay.
9) What precaution should be followed by heart patients?
Ans: The Nicip Plus Tablet should be taken under the supervision of a doctor and meanwhile, some other medicines should be taken to minimize the risk. The Nicip Plus dosage should be strictly followed as per the doctor’s instruction. If any undesirable effects are experienced, then a doctor should be consulted and Nicip Plus should be replaced with a suitable substitute.
10) Is there any specific food item to be avoided while consuming Nicip Plus Tablet?
Ans: There is no specific food item to be avoided while consuming the medicine.
11) Can Nicip Plus medicine be included in regular use?
Ans: No, the course of the Nicip Plus Tablet intake should not be more than 15 days.
12) What are the Side Effects of the Nicip Plus Tablet?
Ans: Apart from the intended effect, it comes with some undesirable effects as well. Some of the side effects experienced are mentioned below:
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
13) What is the Nicip Plus Tablet used for?
Ans: The Nicip Plus Tablet is used for inflammations and pain basically. Hence, the medicine is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Joint pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis
14) How Nicip Plus Tablet should be used?
Ans: The Nicip Plus Tablet should be used as per the instruction mentioned on the leaflet or as per the prescription by a healthcare professional. The medicine is available in form of tablet as well as suspension. Swallow the tablet and do not chew. The syrup should be consumed after measuring with a proper cup.
15) Are there any medicines to avoid during the course of Nicip Plus?
Ans: There are few medicines that should be avoided while consuming Nicip Plus. Here is a list of the names of such medicines:
- Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid
16) What is the Nicip Plus used to treat?
Ans: Nicip Plus Tablet contains Paracetamol and Nimesulide as its main ingredients. These drugs are found to be effective in providing relieve from fever, inflammations and pain. Here is a list of conditions that can be treated using Nicip Plus:
- Migraine pain
- Joint pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Menstrual cramps
- Ear infections