Naxdom 500 is a famous medicine used for the preventive treatment of a migraine. But its use is not limited to this. It is an anti-inflammatory drug and is also used to reduce the pain caused by arthritis, gout, menstrual cramps, tendinitis, spondylitis, bursitis, etc.
Uses of Naxdom 500:
Naxdom 500 has been found to be useful in the treatment of many diseases, like:
- Acute Gout
- Acute Musculoskeletal disorders
- Rheumatic disorders
- Menstrual cramps
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
Side Effects of Naxdom 500:
Though there are no serious side effects of Naxdom 500 Tablet, but we cannot say that the medicine is sans side effects. The possible side effects of the tablet as observed by its users are:
- Dry Mouth
- Stomach Ache
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Mood changes
- Ringing in the ears
Dosage of Naxdom 500 Tablet:
There is no fixed dosage of Naxdom 500. It varies with the condition of the patient, age, weight, gender, etc. But usually, this medicine is given orally 2 or 3 times a day. It is instructed that one must not lie down immediately after taking the tablet and wait for at least 10 minutes. It is also advised that medicine must be taken with food, antacid, or milk.
Composition and Nature of Naxdom 500:
Actually, Naxdom500 is an anti-inflammatory and non-steroidal drug. It is composed by two major ingredients:
- Domperidon (10 mg)
- Naproxen (500 mg)
Precautions and Warnings – When to Avoid Naxdom 500?
You need to observe some precautions for Naxdom 500 usage. The frequent users and doctors alike, have highlighted these precautions for using the medicine.
- Do not take the tablet, if you are allergic to any of its content.
- Alcohol has been found to alter the absorption capacity of Naxdom 500 by the body. So it is advisable that you must avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
- Do not drive or work on heavy machinery, just after consuming the medicine.
- Take the dosage as directed by the doctor. Neither less, nor more.
- As the constipation is the common side-effect reported, it is advisable that you must consume more and more fiber-rich food to avoid constipation.
There are some warnings also. Consult your doctor, if you observe any of the following conditions after taking the Naxdom 500:
- Irregular heartbeats
- Loss of Appetite
There are some contraindications of Naxdom 500 for patients of:
- Stomach Ulcers
- Intestinal Ulcers
- Kidney Disorder
- Elderly patients
- Cardiac diseases
- Children below the age of 3
Substitutes for Naxdom 500:
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength, and form as Naxdom 500 Tablet, and hence can be used as its substitute.
- Naprodom 500 Mg Tablet
- Napra D 500 Mg Tablet
- Pandex Tablet
- Clofenac 50 MG Tablet
- Minado 500 Tablet
- Macprox DP 500 Tablet
- Naprodom 500mg Tablet
- Xenadom 500 Tablet
- Pandex Tablet
- Comig 500 Tablet
- Xendom 500 mg/10 mg Tablet
- Naprolet DS 500 mg/10 mg Tablet
- Naplon-D Tablet
- Naprosyn D 500 mg/10 mg Tablet
- Freedonap 500 mg/10 mg Tablet
Naxdom 500 Interactions with Other Drugs:
It has been found to interact with many drugs and diseases. It is advisable that you must consult the doctor and disclose all the information related to the medicines that you are currently taking, your medical history, etc.
Some of the drugs with which Naxdom 500 has established interaction are:
- Aluminium hydroxide
Naxdom 500 Tablet Price in India:
|Naxdom 500 Tablet||72|
How Naxdom 500 works?
The working of Naxdom 500 is quite easy. It blocks the dopamine receptor. When the dopamine receptor is blocked, there is a decrease in the effect of the cyclooxygenase enzyme, which ultimately reduces prostaglandins production. The medicine reduces the hormones responsible for causing inflammation or pain.
How to use Naxdom 500?
The dosage of Naxdom 500 is based on the patient’s condition. The tablet should be taken orally as told by the doctor, at least twice or thrice a day. Remember not to lie down for at least 10 minutes after taking the medicine. In order to avoid loose motions, take Naxdom 500 with food, milk, or an antacid. To reduce the chances of side effects, take this medicine at the lowest effective dose for some time. High dosage of the medicine should be taken under medical supervision only.
Before starting the course of this medicine, patients should inform the doctor about their medical history, current list of medicines being consumed, and if they are to undergo surgery. Some health conditions may make patients more susceptible to the side effects of the particular medicine.
When to take Naxdom 500?
It is the most commonly prescribed medicine in most cases. The dosage of the medicine depends on the disease, patient’s age, and medical condition. The medicine should be taken with or after meals as it helps in avoiding indigestion and abdominal pain. If Naxdom 500 is prescribed for menstrual pain, it is advised to take 2 tablets of 500 mg on the first day, followed by one 250 mg tablet, at least 6-8 hours later that day (if required). It is advised not to take more than 3 tablets in a day.
When Naxdom 500 is prescribed?
Naxdom 500 is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that works by reducing the hormones that cause pain and inflammation in the body. It is used for treating the following conditions:
- Arthritis: This condition causes pain and swelling in the joints. Some kinds of arthritis can develop problems in the organs like eyes and skin. Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are the most common types of arthritis. Painkillers like Naxdom 500 and aspirin helps in reducing pain and inflammation.
- Tendinitis: This condition is an inflammation of a tendon, a cord that attaches bone to muscles. It is caused by repetitive and sudden injury. It occurs at base of the thumb, elbow or knees.
- Gout: People with high levels of uric acid in their bloodstream may develop inflammatory arthritis known as gout. This condition causes joint pain, swelling and redness. It usually happens in toes, ankle and elbow. Due to its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, It is used for curing gout.
- Bursitis: It is a painful condition affecting small and fluid filled sacs, called bursae, which covers the bones, tendons and muscles around the joints. It is common in shoulder, elbow and hip. It is associated with diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and gout.
- Menstrual cramps: It is normal to have menstrual cramps during periods. NSAID’s such as Naxdom 500, ibuprofen and aspirin provides relief against menstrual cramps.
- Vomiting: Motion sickness, first trimester of pregnancy, infections, and overeating are some of the main causes of vomiting. It can also be due to cancer, ulcers, and ingestion of toxins.
Is Naxdom 500 is Banned in India?
The tablet is readily available in India. Since it is a prescription-only medicine, the patient must consult a doctor before starting its dosage.
Medicines that should not to be taken with Naxdom 500:
Taking a certain medicine or over-the-counter product at the same time may alter the effects of Naxdom 500. This may increase the risk of side effects or it is possible that the medicine may not show the desired results. It may interact with the following medicines:
- Magnesium oxides and hydroxides
Patients should tell the doctor about all the medicines, vitamins, and supplements they are taking so that the doctor may prevent them from causing drug interactions.
What happens if I consumed expiry Tablet?
Patients should always check the expiry dates written on the packaging of the medicine. However, if by mistake a patient takes an expired medicine, he or she should immediately consult the doctor.
How to Store Naxdom 500?
Naxdom should be stored at room temperature, away from heat and light. It is advised to keep the medicines away from children and pets. It is not safe to flush Naxdom 500 unless told by the doctor. Medicines that are discarded in this manner may cause harm to the environment. Patients should consult their doctor for more details as to how they should safely discard medicine.
Naxdom 500 should be taken before food or after food?
It should be taken with or after meals as this helps in avoiding indigestion and stomach irritation. There are certain types of Naxdom 500 that are gastro-resistant; they protect the stomach from irritation (caused by the consumption of certain medicine). It can be taken either with food or without food but should be taken with water.
1) Is it safe to use Naxdom 500 for the pregnant/breastfeeding woman?
Ans: No, it is not recommended to be taken unless prescribed by a doctor. For dosage and usage of Naxdom 500, always rely on the doctor’s discretion and prescription.
2) For what purpose is the Naxdom 500 Tablet generally used?
Ans: Naxdom 500 Tablet is generally used for the treatment of acute migraine attacks. It is given to the patients as an analgesic. For dosage and usage of Naxdom 500, always rely on the doctor’s discretion and prescription.
3) In how much time can we expect Naxdom 500 to start working on the body?
Ans: The users of Naxdom 500 have reported that they start to observe the effect of the medicine on the body within 2 hours of its intake, or at max after 24 hours.
4) For how many times a day and for how long is Naxdom 500 prescribed to be taken?
Ans: Usually, the doctors suggest it be taken once a day for as long as the condition persists. For dosage and usage of Naxdom 500, always rely on the doctor’s discretion and prescription.
5) How should Naxdom 500 be taken – with food, after the food or before the food?
Ans: Well, the users of Naxdom 500 have reported its use after the food for sure. But it is not final for all. For dosage and usage of Naxdom 500, always rely on the doctor’s discretion and prescription.
6) Is it safe to drive or work on heavy machinery, just after taking the Naxdom 500 Tablet?
Ans: No, It is not recommended if one feels dizziness, hypotension, drowsiness, headache or numbness, just after taking the medicine.
7) Can the consumption of the Naxdom 500 be stopped abruptly after one sees improvement in his/her condition?
Ans: No, you must not stop the intake of any medicine abruptly, as some medicines have some rebound effects if stopped abruptly. The doctor’s discretion and words for the dosage should be considered final.
8) Is the nature of Naxdom 500 addictive?
Ans: No, the nature of the Naxdom 500 Tablet has not been found to be addictive by any of its users or any government organization.
9) Is it safe to consume Naxdom 500 with alcohol?
Ans: Actually, there is some interaction of Naxdom 500 with alcohol. The interaction reduces the absorption of the medicine by the body, and it may also cause some stomach bleeding. So it is always advisable that you must refrain from consuming alcohol while you use the drug.
10) Has Naxdom 500 been found to affect the liver and kidney functions?
Ans: No, there are no such warnings. Patients with renal impairments need to discuss with the doctor before taking the tablet. For dosage and usage of Naxdom 500 by the liver and kidney patients, always rely on the doctor’s discretion and prescription.
11) Is Naxdom 500 used for treating headache or migraine?
Ans: No, Naxodam 500 does not cure migraine, but it can control migraine attacks by decreasing the symptoms of prostaglandins that are responsible for causing pain.
12) Is it safe to stop the medication on my own or doctor’s advice?
Ans: No, Naxdom 500 should not be stopped until told by the doctor. Since it is a prescription drug, it is advised to stop the medication only after consulting your doctor. Also, do not take the drug without consulting the doctor.
13) Can I take alcohol with Naxdom 500?
Ans: Yes, drinking alcohol in moderation does not cause any harm. But be aware of the high doses or long-term use of the medicine as it can cause irritation in the stomach lining, and drinking alcohol in excess quantity can be harmful.
14) What is the recommended dose of Naxdom 500?
Ans: If you have been prescribed Naxdom 500 for menstrual pain, without a prescription; then it is suggested to take 2 tablets, 500 mg on the first day and 250 mg after 6-8 hours, on the same day. One should not take more than 3 doses of the tablet. Always follow the instructions given by your doctor before starting the medication. In case if you miss a dose, then take the next dose as usual. But do not take a double dose in order to make up for the missed dose.