Musli Pak is an ayurvedic medicine that shows aphrodisiac and revitalizing properties. It consists of Safed Musli or Chlorophytum borivilianum as its active ingredient. It is a herb with lanceolate leaves, that is found in tropical wet forests in peninsular India.
Musli Pak is available in paste and capsule form. It is primarily used to treat infertility and to increase libido in men. It may also be used to restore physical strength and improve endurance and performance. The medicine also helps gain weight and builds muscles.
|Nature of Musli Pak:||Aphrodisiac|
|Uses of Musli Pak:||Muscle Building, Weight Gain, Fertility Issues, Leucorrhoea|
|Composition of Musli Pak:||Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum)|
|Side Effects of Musli Pak:||Constipation, Loss of Appetite|
|Precautions of Musli Pak:||Overdosage|
Uses and Benifits of Musli Pak:
Musli Pak is an ayurvedic medicine with aphrodisiac and revitalizing properties. It is useful in the treatment and prevention of the following diseases:
- Male Infertility
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Muscle Weakness and Fatigue
Oligospermia is a condition associated with male infertility in which there is an abnormally low concentration of sperm in the ejaculate. Musli Pak holds spermatogenic properties and thus helps treat male infertility caused due to oligospermia. This medicine helps improve the count, volume, and motility of sperms. Being androgenic in nature, it also increases testosterone levels in males to boost their reproductive health.
Musli Pak also consists of Bang Bhasma and Akarkara as its component. These components are known to show erectogenic properties. Hence, the use of it helps treat erectile dysfunction. It strengthens the penile-musculature to improve firmness and to sustain longer erections.
Leucorrhoea is a medical condition associated with thick, whitish (or yellowish) vaginal discharge in women. It is usually caused due to oestrogen imbalance. it strengthens the immune system and helps treat this condition.
Musli Pak is a revitalizing agent that is known to provide nourishment to the muscles. It provides strength to muscles and reduces the sense of exhaustion and fatigue. It is also useful in treating chronic fatigue syndrome.
Emaciation is defined as the state of being abnormally weak or thin due to the loss of subcutaneous fat. It can also be used as a nutritional food supplement to treat such conditions. However, when used as a nutritional supplement, appetizers should also be used with Musli Pak.
Side Effects of Musli Pak:
Musli Pak is an ayurvedic medicine that is composed of natural components and hence, it shows no major side effects. However, in certain cases, it may show some mild side effects. These include:
- Loss of appetite
Common Dosage of Musli Pak:
- The safe dosage of Musli Pak is:
- 3 -24 grams twice a day for adults (19 -60 years)
- 3-6 grams twice a day for geriatrics (60 years and above)
- If used as a nutritional supplement the dosage should be started with 1 to 2 grams twice a day.
- Under no circumstances, the dosage should be increased beyond 48 grams a day as it may result in adverse effects.
- Although it does not cause severe organ damage, it should not be consumed continuously for more than 6 weeks.
Composition and Nature of Musli Pak:
Musli Pak is an ayurvedic medicine that acts as an aphrodisiac and revitalizing agent. The medicine also shows androgenic, spermatogenic, antioxidant, adaptogenic and erectogenic properties. It is composed of 22 natural ingredients. The main ingredient is Safed Musli and others include:
- Cow’s Milk
- Cow’s Ghee
- Sautéed Mochras (Semal Gond)
- Jaiphal (Nutmeg)
- Laung (Clove)
- Kesar (Saffron)
- Tumbaru (Toothache Tree)
- Jatamansi (Spikenard)
- Kaunch Beej (Velvet bean)
- Elaichi (Cardamom)
- Tejpata (Bay Leaves)
- Kali Mirch (Black Pepper)
- Pippali (Long Pepper)
- Javitri (Mace)
How to Use Musli Pak?
It is advised that before consuming Musli Pak, one must carefully read the instructions on the leaflet. The patient should take Musli Pak once or twice a day, preferably with water or milk. It should be consumed two to three hours after a meal. If used as a nutritional supplement, appetizers should be co-administered. Patients should avoid taking overdosage of Musli Pak as it may result in adverse effects such as dyspepsia. Also, under no circumstances, it should be consumed for more than 6 weeks continuously.
Pharmacological Actions of Musli Pak
Musli Pak is a revitalizing agent and an aphrodisiac drug. It also helps strengthen the immune system. The medicine works through the following mechanism:
- It induces androgenic action that improves the level of testosterone in males to cure testicular spermatogenic failure. It basically strengthens the reproductive system to restore its normal functioning.
- It improves fertility by increasing sperm motility through spermatogenic action.
- It acts on dopamine receptors to increase libido.
- It acts on the cortisol content of adrenals to reduce stress. It thus helps treat stress-induced ulcers of the gastrointestinal tract. It significantly lowers the ulcer index.
- It produces cytotoxic (toxic to cells) effects to kill the cancerous cells.
- It also helps cure neurodegenerative diseases by inhibiting tumour growth.
- It also acts as an analgesic to relieve mild pain in the body.
Related Precautions and Warnings – When to Avoid It?
Following are the precautions that must be taken during or before starting the consumption of Musli Pak –
- It is manufactured and marketed by several brands. Some brands may add herbo-minerals, including heavy metals to the paste. It is thus advisable that the buyer should always read the ingredient’s label carefully before buying the medicine.
- As per Ayurveda, the likelihood of severe organ damage with the use of this medicine is very less. However, as the safety of it has not been well-established under modern scientific parameters, it should never be consumed for more than 6 weeks continuously.
- In case the patient experiences constipation or any other side effect, the use of this medicine should be stopped immediately.
- It may interact negatively with some medicines and diseases. Hence, if the patient is undergoing any treatment, it is advisable to consult the doctor before he or she starts using Musli Pak.
- It is made up of 22 natural ingredients. In case the patient is allergic to any of its constituents, its use should be stopped immediately.
Musli Pak Interactions with Other Drugs:
Musli Pak is an ayurvedic medicine that may interact negatively with some diseases and other herbal or allopathic medicines. Hence, if the patient is undergoing any treatment, it is advisable to consult the doctor before he or she starts using it.
Interaction with alcohol
Excessive alcohol consumption is reported to lower testosterone levels. It also deteriorates the quality and quantity of sperm and may reduce libido in men. Hence, it is advised to stop the consumption of alcohol during the course of treatment with Musli Power. Co-administering alcohol and may not show the desired results.
Under different brands, Musli Pak is available in the form of paste and capsules. A few brands under which Musli Pak is available are:
- Dabur Musli Pak
- Patanjali Musli Pak
- Baidyanath Musli Pak
- Vanalaya Safed Musli Capsules
Musli Pak Price in India:
|Dabur Musli Pak||205.00||125 gm|
|Patanjali Moosli Pak||350.00||200 gm|
|Baidyanath Moosli Pak||425.00||250 gm|
How to Store Musli Pak?
It is advisable to store Musli Pak in a cool and dry place. One must keep the medicine away from the reach of children and pets. The packaging of this medicine must be kept intact in order to maintain its effect when being administered.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) What is Musli Pak used to treat?
Ans: It is a medicine that shows aphrodisiac and rejuvenating properties. It is used to treat infertility and low libido in men. It may also be used to restore physical strength and improve endurance and performance. The medicine also helps gain weight and builds muscles. It may also be used in women to cure leucorrhoea.
2) What is Musli Pak used for?
Ans: Musli Pak is a medicine that addresses fertility and secondary sexual issues in males. It is used to treat male infertility, erectile dysfunction, leucorrhoea, muscle weakness & fatigue, and emaciation.
3) What are the side effects of this medication?
Ans: It is an ayurvedic medicine that is composed of natural components and hence, it shows no major side effects. However, in certain cases, it may cause constipation and loss of appetite.
4) What is the common dosage of Musli Pak?
Ans: The common dosage of this drug is 3 to 24 grams twice a day for adults (19 -60 years) and for geriatrics (60 years and above) is 3 to 6 grams twice a day. Under no circumstances, the dosage should be increased beyond 48 grams a day.
5) For how long can I use Musli Pak?
Ans: Although the likelihood of severe organ damage with the use of Musli Pak is very less, it should never be consumed for more than 6 continuous weeks. This is because the safety of this medicine has not been well-established under modern scientific parameters.
6) Can alcohol be consumed during the course of treatment with Musli Pak?
Ans: No. Musli Pak is primarily used to treat fertility and secondary sexual issues in males and excessive alcohol consumption is known to affect fertility. Hence the use of alcohol during the course of treatment should be avoided as it may not produce the intended results.
7) Can this medicine be administered to underweight children?
Ans: No. It may show adverse effects in children and hence, it should never be administered to children below the age of 19 years.
8) Under what brand is Musli Pak available?
Ans: Musli Pak is available under different brands. A few of them are Dabur, Patanjali, Baidyanath, Swadeshi etc. Musli Pak is also available in form of capsules as Vanalaya Safed Musli Capsule.
9) What are the main ingredients of Musli Pak?
Ans: Musli Pak is composed of 22 natural ingredients. The main ingredient is Safed Musli and the others include Sautéed Mochras, almonds, chironji, jaiphal, kaunch beej, javitri, nagkesar, tumbaru, jatamanis etc.
10) What is Musli Pak?
Ans: It is a medicine that is used to restore strength, stamina, time, and performance in males. It is primarily composed of Safed Musli and is used to cure male infertility, erectile dysfunction, leucorrhoea, emaciation, and muscle weakness & fatigue.
11) Should Musli Pak be consumed before food or after having food?
Ans: Musli Pak should be consumed 2 to 3 hours after eating food. To know more about the correct usage of the medicine, read the instructions provided on the leaflet carefully.
12) Can this medicine be consumed by women?
Ans: Yes, it can be consumed by women. It can be used by women to treat leucorrhoea. It can also be used as a nutrition supplement to treat emaciation and relieve muscle fatigue.
13) Should this medicine be consumed with water or milk?
Ans: It can be consumed both with water as well as milk. It works the same in both ways.
14) How should I use Musli Pak?
Ans: You should take Musli Pak once or twice a day, preferably with water or milk. It should be consumed two to three hours after a meal. Also, if you are using It as a nutritional supplement to gain weight, appetizers should be co-administered. You should avoid taking overdosage of this medicine as it may result in adverse effects such as dyspepsia. And, under no circumstances, it should be consumed for more than 6 continuous weeks.
15) Can I drive or operate heavy machinery post consuming Musli Pak?
Ans: Yes. As Musli Pak does not cause drowsiness or dizziness, it is absolutely safe to drive or operate heavy machinery post-consuming the medicine. However, in case you feel any such symptom, refrain from doing activities that require sheer concentration or focus.
16) Can this drug be consumed by patients suffering from diabetes?
Ans: Yes. Musli Pak does not show any adverse effects on diabetics and hence can be consumed by them. However, as the medicine contains sugar, regular monitoring of blood glucose level should be taken into account.