Mucinac 600 mg tablet is primarily a mucus-thinning agent and is used in the treatment of a wide range disorder that is caused by the accumulation of mucus such as bronchitis and asthma. It is also used as an antidote against Paracetamol overdosing.
|Uses||Paracetamol poisoning, bronchitis and dry eye syndrome|
|Side effects||Nausea and vomiting, lowering of blood pressure, fever|
|Precautions||Pregnancy and breastfeeding|
Mucinac 600 is manufactured by Cipla pharmaceuticals. It is available in the form of pills that should be orally administered, and in the form of an injection that should be administered intravenously.
Mucinac 600 Mg Tablet Uses:
Mucinac 600 is a mucolytic medicine that is used for decreasing the thickness of the mucus, thus making it easier to cough out. This medicine helps in clearing out the air passages and making it easier to breathe.
- Disorders accompanied by the secretion of mucus: This medicine helps in relieving chest congestion caused by thick mucus in the airways. It helps in curing lung diseases such as asthma, bronchitis and cystic fibrosis.
- Paracetamol poisoning: This condition is caused by the excessive use of paracetamol. Mucinac 600 is used as an antidote caused due to an overdose of paracetamol.
- Dry eye syndrome: This medicine is also used in the treatment of dry eye syndrome and in this case, the patient is advised to administer 3-4 drops into the eye. The treatment should be repeated every 4-6 hours depending on the severity of the condition.
Mucinac 600 Mg Tablet Side Effects:
Some of the common side effects of this drug include:
- Outburst of rashes, often showing eczema like symptoms
- Allergic reaction leading to the development of itchy bumps on the skin
- Nausea and vomiting
- Lowering of blood pressure
- Inflammation of the mouth
- Blood in phlegm
- Chest tightness
- Sore throat
- Cool and moist skin
- Abdominal pain
- Runny nose
If the patient observes any of the above-mentioned side effects after administering the medicine, they should immediately consult a doctor. Usually, mild side effects subside with time. However, no matter the severity of the side effects, doctor’s consultation is advised.
Mucinac 600 Dosage:
The dosage of Mucinac 600 depends on the type of condition for which it is used. It is an effervescent tablet, that is, it has to be dissolved in a glass of water and then taken orally.
Doctors usually prescribe a dose of 600 mg of this medicine to adults and children above 4 years of age, per day, to be taken either once a day as a single dose, or thrice a day (200 mg x 3) till the end of the course of the medication.
- Missed Dose: In case if the patient has missed a dose, it is advised to be taken as soon as possible. If it is time for the next dose, then the missed dose should be skipped.
- Overdose: Taking more than the prescribed dose may cause serious side effects such as breathlessness and convulsions. Patients are advised to consult a doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected.
Mucinac 600 Mg Tablet Composition:
Mucinac 600 is a mucolytic agent that reduces the thickness of the phlegm.
The primary ingredient of this drug is Acetylcysteine.
When it is prescribed?
Mucinac 600 is a mucolytic agent that is used to reduce the thickness of phlegm. It provides relief from chest congestion caused by thick mucus secretion in patients suffering from lung diseases such as bronchitis.
It is prescribed in the following conditions:
- Mucolytic: Mucinac 600 is used to relieve chest congestion caused by thick mucus present in the airways. It is also helpful in treating lung diseases such as asthma, bronchitis and cystic fibrosis.
- Paracetamol poisoning: This condition is caused by the excessive use of paracetamol. Some of the symptoms associated with this condition are abdominal pain, nausea, and fatigue. Mucinac 600 is used as an antidote caused due to an overdose of paracetamol.
- Dry eye syndrome: Mucinac 600 is used in relieving dry eye syndrome that relieves irritation, burning, and pressure in the eyes.
How to use?
Mucinac 600 should be taken in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor. As it is an effervescent tablet, it should be dissolved in a glass of water. It should be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Mucinac 600 Mg Tablet Works?
Mucinac 600 is a mucolytic medicine that works by thinning the phlegm, making it easier to cough out. This medicine helps in clearing the air passage and makes breathing easier. It neutralizes the poisonous effect caused by paracetamol. Its ingredient acetylcysteine works by reducing the viscosity of mucus present in the airways.
Mucinac 600 Mg Tablet Precaution And Related Warning:
Following are the various warnings and precautions related to the consumption of Mucinac 600:
Mucinac 600 should not be consumed by pregnant women as it may cause some unwanted side effects.
- Patients should inform their doctor about their existing medical conditions or if they have undergone any surgical treatment.
- Patients allergic to its ingredient should not consume this medicine. As it might trigger an allergic reaction.
- It is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption.
- Apart from that people suffering from asthma who are on this drug should remain under the constant observation of the doctor.
Mucinac 600 Interaction with other drugs:
Taking medicine along with Mucinac 600 can make it less effective or make a patient more susceptible to the side effects caused by this medicine. Therefore, doctors must have complete knowledge of all the medicines taken by the patient.
Here is a list of the drugs that might interact adversely with Mucinac 600:
- Photofrin (an assistive drug used during radiation therapy)
- Kanamycin (an antibiotic against bacterial infection)
Mucinac 600 Mg Tablet Substitutes:
There are a number of substitutes available in the market for Mucinac 600 which has the same composition and nature as that of Mucinac 600. Some of the available substitutes of Mucinac 600 are mentioned below:
- Gluton 600
- Lumenac 600mg Tablet Orange
- Effenac 600 Effervescent tablet Orange
- Mucotab ET Tablet Orange Sugar-Free
- Nacyres Tablet
- Mucaryl Tablet Orange Sugar-Free
- Mucovisc 600mg Effervescent tablet
- Fizonac 600 Effervescent tablet Orange
- Mucoblo 600mg tablet
- Mucaryl tablet
- Mucotab 600 mg tablet
- Efetil 600 mg tablet
The following are the variants of this medicine:
- Mucinac 200
- Mucinac Injection
- Mucinac 10% injection
- Mucinac 20% injection
Medicines that should not be taken with Mucinac 600:
Taking two or more medicines may change the effect of medicine or increase the risk of side-effects. Mentioned below are some of the medicines that should not be taken with Mucinac 600, they are:
Patients should inform their doctor about all the medicines and herbal supplements they are using in order to minimize the risk of drug interaction.
How to store?
Mucinac 600 should be stored at room temperature, away from direct heat and light. The medicine should not be frozen unless it is mentioned in the packaging. It is advised to keep the medicine away from the reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Should I take Mucinac 600 before or after having a meal?
Ans: This medicine can be consumed before or after meals, but it should be administered at a fixed time to avoid missing of dose or over dose.
2)Does Mucinac 600 helps in getting relief from common cold and flu?
Ans: Yes, Mucinac 600 is a mucolytic agent and is commonly used to treat symptoms associated with common cold and flu. A patient is likely to observe an improvement in their condition within a week of administering the medicine.
3) Does Mucinac 600 tablet cause dizziness?
Ans: Dizziness and lowering of blood pressure are some of the side effects caused by this medicine. Therefore, patients are advised to refrain from driving or operating heavy machinery if they feel dizzy or drowsy after taking this medicine.
4) Can I take Ranitidine along with Mucinac 600?
Ans: Yes, you can take Ranitidine with Mucinac 600. No drug interactions have been reported between these two medicines. However, if you notice any undesirable side effects, it is advised consult a doctor right away.
5) Does Mucinac 600 cause weight gain?
Ans: No, this medicine does not cause weight gain. However, if you experience an unusual weight gain then it may be due to some other medical reason. Therefore, it is advised to consult your doctor in case of witnessing an unexplained weight gain.
6) What is the function of Mucinac 600?
Ans: Mucinac 600 is a mucolytic agent that works by thinning the phlegm, thus making it easier to cough out. It helps in clearing the air passages by allowing the patients to breathe. It is also helpful in treating symptoms associated with bronchitis.
7) Is Mucinac 600 safe for breastfeeding mothers?
Ans: Yes, the consumption of Mucinac 600 is probably safe to be consumed by breastfeeding mothers. It is advised to consult a doctor before starting the course of the medication.
8) What should be done in case if I miss a dose?
Ans: In case of a missed dose, you must take it as soon as possible. However, if it is time for the next dose, the missed dose must be skipped. Under no circumstances should you consume a double dose of this medicine.
9) Is Mucinac 600 a steroid?
Ans: No, Mucinac 600 is not a steroid. It is a mucolytic agent. The medicine contains acetylcysteine which is used in treating paracetamol poisoning.
10) How should Mucinac 600 be administered?
Ans: For excessive mucus, this medicine should be taken once in a day or as prescribed by the doctor. It is advisable to take this medicine only under medical supervision. Self-medication of this medicine may lead to adverse effects.
11) Is Mucinac 600 safe to use?
Ans: Yes, Mucinac 600 is safe to use if administered in the prescribed amount and duration as advised by the doctor. However, certain side effects have been associated with this medicine such as nausea and rashes.
12) Does Mucinac 600 cause hypotension?
Ans: Yes, this medicine can cause hypotension. If you are experiencing symptoms associated with hypotension such as lightheadedness and blurred vision after taking this medicine, consult your doctor immediately.
13) What are the side effects of administering Mucinac 600?
Ans: There are some unwanted side effects associated with the consumption of Mucinac 600. Mentioned below are some of the side effects caused by this medicine:
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Runny Nose
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rahses
- Throat irritation
- Chest tightness
- Hives and wheezing
- Difficulty in breathing
- Presence of blood in cough
These side effects are possible, but they do not always occur. It is advised to consult your doctor if you observe any such side effects.
14) What precautions should be taken while administering Mucinac 600?
Ans: One should take the following precautions while administering the medicine:
- Avoid taking Mucinac 600 if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Women who are breastfeeding or pregnant should administer this medicine only after consulting a doctor.
- Mucinac 600 is an effervescent medicine; hence it should be consumed after dissolving the tablet in water.
- Discuss with your doctor about your current medical condition.
- Inform your doctor about the medicines you are taking.
15) Under what medical conditions the use of Mucinac 600 is not recommended?
Ans: A person suffering from the following medical conditions is not recommended to administer Mucinac 600:
- Allergic skin reaction: Administration of Mucinac 600 may cause allergic reactions such as low blood pressure, breathlessness and rashes. Close monitoring is required when the intravenous form of this medicine is administered.
- Asthma: Mucinac 600 is not recommended for use in patients suffering from a sudden attack of asthma. It is advised to closely monitor the patients during the course of the medication.
16) Can I take Ibuprofen while taking Mucinac 600?
Ans: Yes, it is safe to take Ibuprofen with Mucinac 600. No harmful drug interactions have been reported after taking this combination.
17) Does Mucinac 600 have any adverse effect on organs?
Ans: Mucinac 600 is safe to use by patients suffering from kidney and liver disease. It is advised to consult your doctor.
18) Does Mucinac 600 cause nausea and vomiting?
Ans: Yes, Mucinac 600 causes nausea and vomiting. These are rare, but possible side effects caused by this medicine. In this case, it is suggested that patients should consult a doctor.
19) Under what medical conditions the patients must exercise caution while using Mucinac 600?
Ans: Mucinac 600 should be used with caution under the following medical conditions:
- Dry eye syndrome: The medicine should not be used with topical antibiotics for relieving dry eye syndrome as it may cause adverse effects.
- Paracetamol overdose: Both the tablet and intravenous medicine are used for the treatment of poisoning caused by an overdose of paracetamol. The route of administration is based on the time severity of the symptoms. It is advised to monitor the level of paracetamol in the body and then progress with the course of the medication.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women are not advised to use this medicine unless prescribed by the doctor.
- Breastfeeding: Women who are breastfeeding are not recommended to use this medicine unless it is prescribed by the doctor. It is advisable that women should discuss all the benefits and risks before starting the course of the medication.
20) Does Mucinac 600 cause fever?
Ans: Yes, Mucinac 600 may cause fever, which is rare but a possible side effect of this medicine. If you are experiencing fever after taking this medicine then you should discuss it with your doctor.
21) Is it safe to discontinue the use of medicine after I see an improvement in my symptoms?
Ans: No, this medicine should not be discontinued without doctor’s advice. Even if you are experiencing improvement in your conditions after taking this medicine, it is important to complete the course of the medicine. Stopping the course of the medicine may result in reoccurrence of the symptoms.
22) Can I consume alcohol while administering Mucinac 600?
Ans: The interaction caused by this medicine is not known. It is advised to consult a doctor before alcohol consumption.
23) Is Mucinac 600 addictive in nature?
Ans: No, this medicine is not addictive in nature. Any medicine that has tendency for substance abuse is categorized under schedule H or X in India by the government. The package of the medicine should be read before starting the course of the medicine.
24) What is the general prescribed dosage for Mucinac 600?
Ans: Doctors usually prescribe a dose of 600 mg of this medicine to adults. Children who are above 4 years of age are advised to consume single dose of the medicine once day or thrice a day until the course of the medicine is complete.