Moxikind CV 625 Tablet is used to treat a number of bacterial infections in the airways, lungs, middle ear, skin, urinary tract, and sinuses. The medicine stops the growth of bacteria by interfering with the synthesis wall in the bacteria. It also treats health conditions like tonsillitis bronchitis, gonorrhea, and pneumonia. Some of the doctors also prescribe Moxikind with antibiotic clarithromycin to treat stomach ulcers.
|Nature of Moxikind CV 625:||Antibiotic|
|Composition of Moxikind CV 625:||Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid|
|Uses of Moxikind Tablet:||Throat infection, nose infection, skin infection, stomach ulcer, and other bacterial infection|
|Side effects of Moxikind:||Fever, joint pain, irregular heartbeat, and muscle or joint pain|
|Precaution:||Driving, Pregnancy, Kidney or liver disease|
Uses and Benefits of Moxikind Tablet:
Moxikind CV 625 Tablet is used to improve, prevent, control, and treat the following symptoms, conditions, and diseases:
- Ear infection: Moxikind-CV 625 tablet is effective in treating middle ear infections caused by bacteria.
- Nose infection: Moxikind CV 625 helps treat infection caused by bacteria in the nasal chamber and nose.
- Throat infection: Moxikind CV 625 helps treat infections of the airway and throat that includes Pharyngitis and Tonsillitis.
- Lower respiratory tract infection: Moxikind CV 625 mg tablet helps treat infection of the airway that leads to the lungs that include bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Skin infection: Moxikind CV 625 helps treat skin infections caused by bacteria.
- Urinary tract infection: Moxikind CV 625 mg tablet can also be used to treat urinary tract infection and problems like inflammation of the kidney or liver.
- Stomach ulcers: Moxikind CV 625 helps treat ulcers that are caused by Helicobacter pylori.
- Febrile neutropenia : Moxikind CV 625 tablet is used along with antibiotics to treat a fever that is caused due to low white blood cells count.
Side Effects of Moxikind Tablet:
Some of the common side effects of using Moxikind CV 625 Tablet include:
- Allergic skin reaction
- Altered sense of taste
- Black stool
- Easy bruising and bleeding
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Irregular heartbeat
- Joint pain
- Muscle or joint pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Painful intercourse
- Tooth discoloration
- Skin yellowing
- Swelling of lips, tongue, face or eyelids
In case one experiences any of these side effects then one must consult a doctor immediately.
Common Dosage of Moxikind Tablet:
It is essential that one must take Moxikind CV 625 only if it is prescribed by the doctor and the appropriate dosage.
Missed Dose of Moxikind CV 625 Mg Tablet :
- If in case a patient misses a dose of Moxikind CV 625 then it advisable to take it as soon as possible. However, if it’s the time for the next dose then the patient should skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule.
Overdose of Moxikind CV 625 Mg Tablet :
- Overdosing on the medicine is not recommended as it can cause severe side effects. To avoid overdosing, patients should consume the medicine in the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Composition & Nature of Moxikind CV 625 Tablet:
The active ingredients in Moxikind CV 625 Tablet are Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid.
Moxikind CV 625 Price in India:
- Strip of 10 Tablets: 139.94 INR
How to use Moxikind CV 625 Tablet?
It is advised to read the instruction on the product label to be on the safer side. Patients can also follow the instruction of the doctor or the pharmacist for the dosage of the medicine. Take the medicine as per the prescription and instruction by the doctor. Moxikind CV 625 should be taken with food to minimize the problem of indigestion. The patient needs to take Moxikind CV 625 tablet every 8 to 12 hours. Do not take 2 doses in less than 1 hour or else serious side effects can occur. Moxikind is not addictive or habit-forming.
The doctor prescribes the medicine after examining the patient and also after discussing the medical history. The Patient should also discuss the current medicine with the doctor to avoid drug interaction. Don’t use the tablet for more than 14 days. If in case the symptoms still persist then consult the doctor for a substitute or an alternative. Take the tablet with plenty of water. Don’t chew, break or crush the tablet while consuming. If in case, the patient is using a chewing tablet then the tablet shouldn’t be swallowed and chewed properly.
The doctor also prescribes the liquid form of the medicine after examining the medical condition of the patient. Measure the dose properly and take it as instructed by the doctor. It is advisable not to miss the dose of the medicine and also not to stop even if the symptoms disappear. Don’t drink alcohol after the consumption of the medicine.
How Moxikind CV 625 Works?
Amoxycillin affects the division and growth process on the bacterial cell walls and Clavulanic acid ensures anti-bacterial activity. As a result, it helps fight bacterial infections in the middle ear, skin, urinary tract, sinuses, and lungs.
Warnings/Precautions- When to avoid Moxikind CV 625?
Some of the known medicines that have a contradiction to Moxikind CV 625 Tablet include:
- Allergy: Moxikind CV 625 is not recommended for individuals with a history of allergy to Amoxycillin or Clavulanic acid. Also, it is not safe to take this medicine if there is a known history of allergy to Beta-lactam antibiotics or Penicillin.
- Cholestasis: Moxikind CV 625 is not recommended for individuals with Cholestasis as it may affect bile flow from the liver.
- Liver dysfunction: Moxikind CV 625 tablet is not recommended for individuals with a history of dysfunction of the liver.
- Patient with HIV/AIDS should not take the medicine.
- The medicine should also be not taken by a patient who has liver or kidney disease.
- If a patient has a medical history of allergy with penicillin then he/she should not take the medicine.
Substitutes for Moxikind CV 625:
Some of the common substitutes for Moxikind CV 625 Tablet include:
- Amoxy Plus 500 Mg/125 Mg Tablet
- Clarence 500 Mg/125 Mg Tablet
- Clav Den 625mg Tablet
- Clavituf 500 Mg/125 Mg Tablet
- Clavoford 500Mg/125Mg Tablet
- Elmox Cv 500Mg/125Mg Tablet
- Gormentin 625 Tablet
- Ibimox 500mg/125mg Tablet
- Jedi 500 Mg/125 Mg Tablet
- Megamox Cv 500 Mg/125 Mg Tablet
- Mediclav 500mg/125mg Tablet
- Simclav 500mg/125mg Tablet
- Themiclav 500Mg/125Mg Tablet
- Threoclav 625 Tablet
Moxikind CV 625 Interactions with other drugs and disease:
Moxikind CV 625 Tablet may interact with the following drugs and lab test:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Live vaccines
- Urine Sugar Test
- Blood Thinners
- Mycophenolate mofetil
- Magnesium Citrate
The Moxikind CV 625 interactions with diseases include:
- Mononucleosis: Moxikind CV 625 Tablet interacts with Mononucleosis as and it can cause skin eruptions or skin irritation.
- Colitis: Moxikind CV 625 should be taken with caution by individuals with a history of gastrointestinal disease. One must consult a doctor if syptoms like severe diarrhea, blood in stool or abdominal pain are experienced and it is essential that one must closely monitor their health condition while taking this tablet if it is recommended by the doctor.
- Renal diseases: Moxikind Tablet should be taken with caution by individuals with a history of renal diseases. It is essential that one must closely monitor renal functions while taking this medicine if it is recommended by the doctor.
Different forms of Moxikind CV 625:
Moxikind Powder for oral suspension
Strength: 125 mg/31.25 mg per 5 ml, 200 mg/28.5 mg per 5 ml, 250 mg/62.5 mg per 5 ml, 400 mg/57 mg per 5 ml
Moxikind Chewable tablet
Strength: 125 mg/31.25 mg, 200 mg/28.5 mg, 250 mg/62.5 mg, 400 mg/57 mg
Strength: 250 mg/125 mg, 500 mg/125 mg, 875 mg/125 mg
How to Store Moxikind CV 625?
- Store the Moxikind tablets at room temperature
- Keep Moxikind tablet away from direct heat or sunlight
- Keep it away from children and pets.
1) How should I consume Moxikind CV 625 Tablet?
Ans: Moxikind CV 625 is taken usually after having food. However, one must consult a doctor before taking the Moxikind tablet and follow the prescribed dosage.
2) Is it safe to operate heavy machinery or drive after taking Moxikind CV 625?
Ans: In case, if one experiences dizziness, headaches, drowsiness, or hypertension that are side effects of taking Moxikind CV 625 then it is advisable that one should not operate heavy machinery or drive. Consult a doctor before taking Moxikind CV 625 Tablet.
3) I missed a dose of Moxikind CV 625 Tablet. What should I do?
Ans: In case you have missed a dose of the medicine then one must take it as soon as one remembers. Skip the next dosage if required. Also, ensure that one doesn’t take an overdose.
4) I accidentally took an expired dose of Moxikind CV 625. What should I do?
Ans: If you have taken an expired dose of medicine then one must consult a doctor at the earliest. For this reason, one must check the expiry date of Moxikind before purchasing and taking the medicine.
5) How much time does it take for Moxikind CV 625 to become effective?
Ans: Moxikind becomes effective within 2 days to a week after one takes this medicine. It can help reduce fever within half an hour. However, one must consult a doctor before taking the Moxikind CV 625 Tablet.
6) Is Moxikind CV 625 Tablet habit forming?
Ans: No, this tablet is not habit-forming. However, one must exercise caution while taking Moxikind CV 625 and follow the prescribed dosage.
7) Can Moxikind CV 625 help treat skin infections?
Ans: Yes, Moxikind CV 625 can be used to treat skin infections. However, if the problem persists even after taking the entire course of the medicine one must consult a doctor at the earliest.
8) What does Moxikind CV 625 Tablet treat?
Ans: Here is the list of infections that can be treated with Moxikind CV 625 Tablet:
- Respiratory tract infections
- Skin infections
- Sinus infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Dental & oral infections
- Soft tissue infections
- Infected human/animal bites
- Nose infection
- Throat infection
- Skin infection
- Sinus infection
- Lower respiratory tract infection
9) How many times can I take Moxikind CV 625 in a day?
Ans: The medicine must be taken as per the dosage prescribed by the doctor.
10) How to store Moxikind CV 625 Tablet?
Ans: Make sure that the Moxikind CV 625 is stored at room temperature. Keep the tablet away from direct heat or sunlight. Keep it away from children and pets.
11) What are the side effects of Moxikind CV 625?
Ans: The common side effects of Moxikind CV 625 are white fungal patches in the mouth, vomiting, vaginal fungal infection, gas in the stomach, nausea, stomach pain rashes, and itching. Some other side effects include stress, anxiety, bleeding, jaundice, weakness, dizziness, drowsiness, and loss of appetite. If the side effects persist for a long time then it is advisable to consult the doctor immediately.
12) What is Moxikind CV 625 Tablet used for?
Ans: The medicine is used to treat Respiratory tract infections, skin infections, sinus infections, urinary tract infections, oral infections, soft tissue infections, nose infections, throat infections, skin infections, stomach ulcers, and febrile neutropenia.
13) When should a patient not use Moxikind Tablet?
Ans: Patients should not use the medicine if they are suffering from conditions like viral infection, flu, or cold.
14) Can I use the Moxikind CV 625 if I am pregnant?
Ans: No, you should not use the tablet if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy as it can have side effects which can be harmful to the fetus. If it is necessary then it is advisable to consult the doctor before consumption of the medicine.
15) Can I use this tablet if I am breastfeeding?
Ans: No, the patient should not take the medicine if they are breastfeeding because the drug might interact with the milk and causes severe health issues which are harmful to the baby.
16) What happens if a patient consumes expired tablet?
Ans: Taking a single dose of this drug won’t have serious side effects on the body. However, the patient should stop the medication right away. The patient should check the expiry date while purchasing the tablet to avoid such things. If in case, any major side effect or allergy is noticed then consult the doctor as soon as possible.