Moxclav is a medicine that aids in treating different types of bacterial infections. Besides this, it also has the ability to cure diseases that include urinary tract infections, sinusitis, skin infections, respiratory infections, and more. This medicine comprises Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid as the major active ingredients. Moxclav medicine has the power to hinder the development of bacteria within the body. Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited usually manufactures the Moxclav 625 medicine.
As this tablet is a penicillin antibiotic, it has the ability to interfere with the cell wall synthesis present in a bacteria and aborts it from developing further. This post gives a complete explanation about the usage of Moxclav tablet for reducing bacterial infections. Moxclav is a medicine that is manufactured using two different drugs. This medicine is available in two different forms such as a tablet and an injection. The combination of drugs used in this tablet includes Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid. Amoxicillin falls under the category of drugs referred to as penicillin. On the other hand, Clavulanic acid falls under the category of drugs referred to as Lactamase Inhibitor.
Uses & Benefits of Moxclav 625:
There are abundant benefits and advantages of Moxclav tablet that cures, prevents, and treats a variety of diseases, symptoms, and health conditions. Check out the uses of Moxclav 625 medicine given below:
- Treats Urinary tract infections
- Cures Less complex gonorrhea disease
- Aids in treating different skin structure-related infections
- Helps in reducing Sinusitis
- Treats some other diseases that include Septicemia, Pneumonia, and Otitis media
- Lessens the Lower respiratory tract infections
- H. Pylori infection
- Ability to treat Gonorrhoea
- Treats throat infection
- Reduces the disease symptoms of Endocarditis and Bronchitis
- Biliary tract infections
- Treats some complicated Bacterial infections
- Treats some of the infections related to lungs and airways
- Ability to cure middle ear infections
- Cures Tonsillitis in any individual
Side Effects of Moxclav 625:
Here are some of the major, moderate and mild side effects of Moxclav tablet. People might experience some adverse effects after consuming this medicine for treating their bacterial infections. However, not all side effects are critical and complicated. Some of them might affect an individual for just a little period. In some cases, these side effects might last longer for a long period of time. However, contact your doctor whenever you come across any of the side effects. Check out the commonly caused side effects of Moxclav tablet listed below:
- Pain in the stomach
- Itching sensation in the vagina
- Swollen tongue
- A headache
- Exfoliative dermatitis
- Pains in joints
- Skin Rashes and irritation of the skin
- Muscle pains
- Nose bleeding
- Bleeding from the vagina, mouth, and rectum
- A cough, Cold, Fever and Flu symptoms
- Allergic Skin conditions
- Skin turns yellow
- Maculopapular rash
- Massive Menstrual bleeding
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Taste sensation might change
Common Dosage of Moxclav 625:
The dosage of Moxclav tablet depends on the age and health condition of the patient. However, the physician prescribes the dosage and the time duration for consuming this medicine. One could intake Moxclav medicine with food or without food. However, it is advisable to consume the food before taking this medicine. Otherwise, you might have to confront stomach issues. People who have kidney and liver disorders must intake this medicine with utmost caution. If the dosage becomes over, you need to contact your doctor immediately. Otherwise, it might show a massive impact on the health of the patient. One should not intake a double dosage of this medicine. Try to maintain a fixed time to consume this medicine on a daily basis.
Composition and Nature of Moxclav 625:
In the Moxclav tablet, there are various compositions of 2 different active ingredients. The major ingredients include 500 mg of Amoxicillin and 125 mg of Clavulanic acid. Another composition of these ingredients includes 125 mg of Amoxicillin and 31.25 mg of Clavulanic acid. This medicine is available in different packages. It comes with 10 tablets, 5 tablets, 4 tablets, and 6 tablets package. The strengths of this medicine also vary based on the severity of the bacterial infection. The doctor will prescribe the medication alongside the strength of the tablet to the patient based on their disease condition.
How to Use Moxclav 625?
The patients must intake this tablet as per the dosage and timing prescribed by the physician. You need to consume this medicine as a whole tablet without breaking or chewing it. However, contact your doctor regarding the consumption of this medicine either before food or after food.
When not to use Moxclav 625?
People who are suffering from other diseases should not use Moxclav medicine. Some of the diseases include the following:
- If you have an allergic reaction to any of the penicillin-related antibiotic then, avoid Moxclav medicine. It’s because this medicine comprises of Amoxicillin ingredient which is an antibiotic.
- If you intake birth control pills then, don’t intake this tablet as it might be ineffective on the birth control pills.
- Try to avoid this medicine if you are planning to become pregnant or already pregnant
- The breastfeeding women should not use Moxclav medicine as it might show some adverse effect on the baby.
How does Moxclav 625 Tablet work?
Moxclav 625 is a combination medicine that comprises Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid. These two ingredients act as antibiotics and inhibitors. The first ingredient has the ability to prevent the formation of a bacterial protective shield that safeguards the bacteria. On the other hand, Clavulanic acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that diminishes the resistance power and increases the Amoxicillin activity against harmful bacteria. This is the complete working procedure for the Moxclav 625 tablet that aids in treating bacterial infections in an individual.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Moxclav 625?
Here are some of the precautions and related warnings to the patients that must be followed before using Moxclav medicine:
People who are suffering from Hepatic dysfunction should evade the consumption of this medicine.
- Diminishes the effect of oral contraceptives
- This medicine doesn’t treat viral infections
- Try to intake this medicine just for 2 weeks and not more than that
- Some of them might confront Diarrhea
- People who are suffering from hypersensitivity should be cautious while using this medicine.
- Inform your doctor regarding the current list of medicines you use for treating some other health issues.
Substitutes for Moxclav 625 Tablet:
- Woklav 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Wockhardt Limited]
- Sensiclav 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Princiclav 500 mg/125 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Pexoclav 500 mg/125 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Apex Laboratories Pvt Limited]
- Penclav 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries]
- Oro CV 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited]
- Oneclav 500 mg/125 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Lupin Limited]
- Omniclav 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Cipla Limited]
- Novamox CV 625mg Tablet [Manufactured by Cipla Limited]
- Novaclav 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Cipla Limited]
- Nikomox CV 500mg/125mg Tablet [Manufactured by Eris Lifesciences Pvt Limited]
- Myclav 500mg/125mg Tablet [Manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Mankind Pharma Limited]
- Moxiforce-CV 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Mankind Pharma Limited]
- Mox CV 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited]
- Megamox CV 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Abbott]
- Mega-CV 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Megaclav 500mg/125mg Tablet [Manufactured by Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Medmox CV 500mg/125mg Tablet [Manufactured by Med Manor Organics Pvt Limited]
- Lactoclaav 500mg/125mg Tablet [Manufactured by Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Indclav 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt Limited]
- HHAMCLAV 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Hegde And Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP]
- Flemiclav 625 Tablet [Manufactured by FDC Limited]
- Fightox 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Abbott]
- Erox CV 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Micro Labs Limited]
- Duet 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Lupin Limited]
- Curam 625mg Tablet [Manufactured by Novartis India Limited]
- Coeamox 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Cledomox 500 mg/125 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Medo Pharma]
- Clavituf 500 mg/125 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Clavidur 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Lupin Limited]
- Clavam 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Limited]
- Clav Den 625mg Tablet [Manufactured by Ind Swift Laboratories Limited]
- Clarence 500 mg/125 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Limited]
- Clamp 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited]
- Clamchek 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Indoco Remedies Limited]
- Bactoclav 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Micro Labs Limited]
- Augpen 625 BID Tablet [Manufactured by Zuventus Healthcare Limited]
- Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet [Manufactured by Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Ampilox CV 500 mg/125 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries]
- Amoxyclav 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Abbott]
- Amokav 500 mg/125 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Kepler Health Care]
- Amclaid 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Indoco Remedies Limited]
- Advent 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Cipla Limited]
- Acuclav 625 Tablet [Manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
Moxclav 625 Tablet Interactions with Other Drugs:
Here are some of the major and minor interactions with the food, diseases, and drugs as listed below:
Some of the disease interactions with the Moxclav tablet are listed below:
- Renal Diseases
- Oral contraceptives
- Live vaccines
- Ethinyl Estradiol
There is no information on whether this medicine shows interactions with food and lab tests.
Check out the commonly asked questions regarding Moxclav 625 tablet as listed below:
Ans: It is not advisable to consume alcohol at the time of using this tablet.
Ans: One can store Moxclav tablets at a temperature ranging between 20°C and 25°C.
Ans: It is completely safe to use the Moxclav tablet at the time of pregnancy.
Ans: If you feel dizzy or drowsy, don’t drive a vehicle or operate some heavy machinery after using this medicine. It might lead to an accident.
Ans: Yes, it is safe and secure to use the Moxclav tablet at the time of breastfeeding.
Ans: The patients who intake Moxclav tablets should be cautious as it might show some adverse effects on the kidneys and liver.
Ans: If you miss the dosage of this medicine then, you can intake it soon after remembering. If the time is near to the subsequent dose then, skip the missed dosage.