Mobizox is a pain reliever and muscle relaxer. It inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins and blocks the nerve impulses that are sent to the brain thereby minimizing the discomfort caused to due to pain. It is prescribed by doctors to relieve pain due to muscle spasm, arthritis, minor surgeries, dislocations and fractures.
|Nature of Mobizox:||Analgesic|
|Uses of Mobizox:||Muscle spasm, Swelling, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Sprains and strains, Minor Surgeries|
|Composition of Mobizox:||Acetaminophen, Chlorzoxazone, Diclofenac|
|Side Effects of Mobizox:||Nausea, Vomiting, Heartburn, Dryness in mouth, Sleepiness, Skin rashes|
|Precautions:||Alcoholism, Pregnancy, Lactation, Infants, Liver and kidney related disorders|
Mobizox works by increasing the blood circulation across the skin, relieving the inflammation and maintaining the body temperature thereby increasing the pain threshold.
Uses & Benefits of Mobizox:
Mobizox is primarily used for relieving muscular pains. A few common medical conditions in which the medicine is prescribed are:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Ankylosing Spondylitis is a kind of inflammatory arthritis that affects the spine and larger joints. Pain in back and joints and reduced flexibility of the spine are the common symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Bone and Joint Surgery: There may be a number of reasons for bone and joint surgery. Some may be conducted to relieve pain and some to improve body function. No matter what’s the reason, surgeries are always associated with pain and to alleviate this pain, Mobizox is prescribed.
- Tendinitis: Tendinitis is a condition associated with the pain and inflammation of the tissues connecting muscle to bone. Tennis elbow, swimmers shoulder, golfer’s elbow, and patellar tendinitis are a few types of tendinitis. Mobizox helps to relief the pain and inflammation associated with these conditions.
- Muscles and Soft Tissues Surgery: While exercising is good for health, sometimes accidents or poor training may result in muscle or soft tissue injuries. The injuries include sprains, fractures, dislocations, and tissue tear.
- Bursitis: Brusitis is a condition that is often associated with the inflammation of the bursae or fluid-filled pads as cushions at the joints. The condition usually hits knees, shoulders, elbows, and hips. Mobizox may be used to reduce associated symptoms like pain, swelling and stiffness.
Side Effects of Mobizox:
Mobizox may show the following side-effects. If any of these side-effects worsen or last for a longer duration, consult the doctor .
- Stomach ache
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Nausea or Vomiting
Common Dosage of Mobizox:
The dosage of Mobizox is decided by the doctor depending upon the health status and age of the patient.
- Missed Dosage: The patient must take the missed dose as soon as he/she remembers. However, it is advised not to take the missed dose if it is almost time for the next dose.
- Over Dosage: Over dosage of Mobizox is harmful; rush to a doctor in case, overdose is suspected. Taking more than the recommended dose will not improve the condition, but worsen it.
Composition and Nature of Mobizox:
The active ingredients/salts of Mobizox are Acetaminophen (500mg), Chlorzoxazone (500mg) and Diclofenac (50mg). The medicine is a muscle relaxant usually used to treat muscle spasms.
Mobizox Price in India:
Mobizox Tablets (10 Tablets): 164 INR
Mobizox 250mg/ 50mg/ 325 mg (10 Tablets): 128 INR
When Mobizox is prescribed?
Mobizox is a drug that falls under the category of analgesics. The medicine is used to treat muscle spasm and the pain caused by the same. Doctors also prescribe this medicine to manage fever and headache.
How to Use Mobizox Tablet?
Follow the directions as directed by the doctor and it’s better to take Mobizox at a fixed time. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. This medicine may be taken with or without food.
How Mobizox Tablet works?
Mobizox is a muscle relaxant which works by suppressing the central nervous system to treat the muscle spasms and the pain caused by the same.
Warnings/Precautions- When to avoid Monizox Tablet?
- Hypersensitivity: Mobizox is not recommended for patients with any kind of allergy to Acetaminophen, Chlorzoxazone or Diclofenac.
- Kidney Disease: Though Mobizox shows no major side-effects to those with a kidney disorder, yet dosage should be adjusted as per the condition of the patient. Hence, it is recommended that a patient foretells the doctor about any problem related to kidney impairment.
- Pregnancy: This medicine is not recommended to be used by pregnant women unless potential benefits outweigh the risks.
- Breastfeeding: This medicine should be avoided by the ladies during their lactation period as it mixes with blood thereby can harm the infant .
- Liver Disease: If suffering from any liver related disorder, it is advisable for a patient to consult the doctor. Depending upon the patient’s condition, the doctor may adjust the dosage .
Mobizox Tablet Interactions:
Mobizox may increase the risk for side-effect when mixed with other over the counter medicines. Consult the doctor if the patient is on taking any of the below mentioned drugs –
Mobizox Interaction with other drugs:
Mobizox Interaction with diseases:
- Liver Related Disorder
- Kidney Disease
- Urinary Problems
Variants of Mobizox Medicine:
The two variants of Mobizox are:
- Mobizox Tablets
- Mobizox 250mg/ 50mg/ 325 mg
Medicines not to be taken with Mobizox Tablet:
Substitute for Mobizox:
- Myospaz Forte Tablet
- Powergesic Tablet
- Cip-Zox Tablet
- Diclotal MR Tablet
- Seradic – MR Tablet
How to store Mobizox Tablet?
It is advisable to store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from the reach of children and pets. The packaging of the medicine must be kept intact in order to maintain its effect when being administered.
Is it Banned in India?
Mobizox is a mixture of three drugs namely Acetaminophen, Chlorzoxazone and Diclofenac. It is strong medicine that can cause serious side-effects. The medicine is not banned in India but should be used only after consulting your doctor.
1) What is Mobizox used to treat?
Ans: Mobizox is a drug that falls under the category of analgesics. It is used for the treatment of muscle spasms and the pain caused by it. It may be prescribed in case of a headache and fever too.
2) What is Mobizox Tablet used for?
Ans: Mobizox is used for relieving muscle spasm and the pain associated with it. It is also used to manage the pain associated with arthritis also.
3) What are the side effects of Mobizox?
Ans: Mobizox may show a number of side-effects. Sleepiness and heartburn are the two most common side-effects exhibited by the medicine. Other side-effects include dry mouth, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache.
4) Is Mobizox Tablet safe to use?
Ans: Unless you are allergic Acetaminophen, Chlorzoxazone or Diclofenac, Mobizox is a safe medicine to use. However, people with kidney/ liver related disorder and ladies during their pregnancy or lactation period should avoid this drug.
5) Is Mobizox a narcotic substance or a steroid?
Ans: Mobizox is neither a narcotic substance nor a steroid; it is an analgesic that relieves pain.
6) Should I stop taking Mobizox Tablet if my pain is relieved?
Ans: No, continue it for the specific time for which the doctor has prescribed the medicine. However, if used as a short-term pain reliever, it can be discontinued.
7) Can I take Mobizox with alcohol?
Ans: No, Mobizox should not be taken with alcohol as it can increase the medicine’s sedative effect and also the risk of other side-effects.
8) Can I take Mobizox Tablet with Paracetamol?
Ans: No, as Mobizox contains Paracetamol as one of its ingredients, taking Paracetamol separately may lead to overdose .
9) Can Mobizox cause serious side-effects?
Ans: Being a mixture of three drugs, Mobizox is strong medicine that may cause serious side-effects and hence should not be used without consulting a doctor. The drug may cause severe side-effects in patients allergic to its components or due to other interactions.
10) When to take Mobizox Tablet?
Ans: Though the absorption of Mobizox is not affected by food, the medicine should be taken with food as it reduces the chances of an upset stomach.