Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules are used for numbness, tingling sensations, nerve damage as well as pain caused due to neurological disorders. It is also given for anemia, hair loss, weight loss, beriberi, high cholesterol, and diabetic polyneuropathy. This is also prescribed for those suffering from clogged arteries and other painful conditions. This is a multivitamin capsule containing alpha-lipoic acid and mecobalamin. This treats mineral and vitamin deficiencies and also is used for preventing other diseases.
Composition and Nature of Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules:
The Meganeuron OD Plus Capsule contains Alpha lipoic acid, biotin, benfotiamine, methylcobalamin, Folic acid, and pyridoxine. These are the active ingredients contained.
Folic acid helps to form DNA and to produce red blood corpuscles. It also helps in the reduction of heart problems, and it prevents birth abnormalities from happening as well as helps in the functioning and development of the brain.
Alpha-lipoic acid has antioxidant benefits, and therefore it is used to treat diabetic neuropathy. It helps in the protection of nerves and the brain as well. Pyridoxine is used for the maintenance of the nervous system, skin and body care. Mecobalamin is used for nerve cells and for their proper functioning. It also repairs damaged nerve cells and converts protein as well as fat into energy. It helps in the production of red blood corpuscles.
Biotin helps to reduce pain and to treat diabetic complications as well as nephropathies and neuropathies. The way this works is that it acts on the megaloblastic bone marrow and therefore it produces a normoblastic marrow. It modifies the electrical activity as a result, and so the overactive heart muscles get slower and relax. It also helps with the recovery of nerve cells that are damaged. It induces the oxidative stress response, chelating iron as well as it prevents and treats biotin deficiency. This also increases the thiamine amounts in the intracellular levels.
Uses and Benifits of Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules:
Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules are used for controlling treating preventing and improving various diseases, symptoms, and conditions which are not limited to :
- Pain in neurological disorders
- Eye diseases
- Nerve damage
- Weak nails
- Tingling as well as numbness
- Diabetic polyneuropathy
- Hair loss
- Weight loss
- High cholesterol
- Treatment of megaloblastic anaemia which is caused as a result of a folic acid deficiency
- Treating anaemia caused as a result of nutrition, pregnancy or childhood
- Heart disease
- Burning mouth syndrome
- Clogged arteries
- Biotin deficiency
- Diseases resulting from complications which are caused due to diabetes
- Thiamine deficiency
- seborrhoeic dermatitis caused in infants
- Those suffering from vitamin b12 deficiency
Side effects of Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules:
There are some side effects that are caused due to Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules, and some of the more common side effects are listed below. However, this list is not comprehensive. It also must be stated that the side effects could possibly happen however it is not necessary that the side effects always occur. Some of these side effects are very rarely seen however the patient must consult the doctor if they observe any kind of side effects especially if the side effects are persistent and do not go away.
Some of the side effects are given below:
- Altered sleep patterns
- Distension of the abdomen
- Sleep disturbances
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Hot sensations
- Allergic reactions
- Allergic reaction
Common Dosage of Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules:
Meganeuron OD Plus Capsule needs to be taken as per the prescription of the doctor. However, generally, doctors prescribe that this medicine be taken once or twice daily. The OD in the name suggests that this medication is taken once a day.
How to use Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules?
Before you take Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules, you need to inform the doctor about the current medications as well as the over-the-counter products which you are taking. This includes herbal supplements and vitamins. You also need to inform the doctor about allergies as well as any pre-existing diseases and health conditions such as upcoming surgery or pregnancy or even breastfeeding.
Some of these health conditions could make you more susceptible to side effects. You also need to take the dosage as directed by the doctor, follow directions that are printed on the insert of the product. Based on your condition the doctor will prescribe the dosage. You need to inform the doctor if the condition worsens or persists.
Some important points are :
- Administering of Folic acid is not the right therapy for Pernicious anaemia that as well as other megaloblastic anaemia in which there is a deficiency of B12
- Alcohol should be avoided especially if one has alcoholic cirrhosis
- If anyone has an allergy or bleeding or even blood clot disorders
- If they have difficulty breathing
- If they are breastfeeding, they should not take it on their own
- The patients should not use this medicine as the only treatment for the complications caused as a result of diabetes
- When one consumes Folic acid about 0.1 MG on a daily basis, the diagnosis of pernicious anaemia can be obscured
- One is to inform the doctor if they have hives as well
How does Meganeuron OD Plus Capsule work?
Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules improve the health condition of the patient in the following ways :
- It works on the cardiac system, and the contractibility improves. The circulation of blood to end organs improves and therefore it helps with arteriosclerosis.
- It works on the nervous system and helps improve the nervous conduction as well as the velocity. It reduces nervous pain, and so neuropathy improves.
- It works with the blood cells and increases the count of red blood cells and the white blood cells too. This helps to boost immunity.
- It improves sleep cycles, and it reduces the occurrence of insomnia. This is beneficial for the hormonal as well as neural systems.
- It also improves the oxygen saturation and the central nervous system, the increase of absorption of calcium, metabolism of proteins, treating depression, producing blood platelets as well as producing antibodies and activating various enzymes.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Meganeuron OD Plus Capsule?
- You should inform the doctor if you are taking other supplements or medications especially antacids, vitamin supplements, antibiotics, NSAIDs as well as diuretics.
- You should not chew or crush the tablet or capsule
- You should not consume the capsule if the expiry date has passed
- You should not consume the medication if the package is torn or damaged or tampered
- You should inform your doctor if you have any diseases or pre-existing conditions
- You should keep it away from pets and children
- When treating cancer patients, caution is to be exercised as benfotiamine could provide supplements to the cells causing cancer and thus increasing the growth of the tumors.
Substitutes for Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules:
Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules are manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd. The alternatives are :
- Trinerve Capsules which are manufactured by Alkem Laboratories
- Selace Forte Capsules which are manufactured by Universal Medicare
- Zest M Capsules which are manufactured by DWD Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Diax OD Capsules which are manufactured by Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Diapill Capsules which are manufactured by Ordain Health Care global Pvt Ltd
- Myelogen Forte Capsules which are manufactured by Panacea Biotech Ltd
- Melcovit Gold capsules which are manufactured by Micro Labs Ltd
- Nerverich Capsules which are manufactured by Indchemie
- Alsody Capsules which are manufactured by Fourtis India Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules Interactions with Other Drugs:
If this drug is used along with other over-the-counter drugs or any other drugs, the effect of Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules may get altered, or you may run the risk of having certain side effects or this drug will not work properly. Therefore, it is necessary to tell the doctor about all the vitamins, drugs, or herbal supplements which are being used so the doctor can help you to manage and prevent drug interactions. This drug can interact with the following products or drugs :
- Aminosalicylic acid
- Armour thyroid
This also causes a decrease in gastrointestinal tract absorption when taken with medications such as neomycin and H2 blockers as well as colchicines. It also interacts and causes a reduction in serum concentrations when taken with oral contraceptive pills.
Ans: Yes. However, you need to consult with your doctor for recommendations that are case-specific.
Ans: These capsules should be stored at room temperature and away from direct sunlight and heat. These should not be stored refrigerated unless the packaging is so mentioned.
Ans: Yes it is safe. However, you need to run the risks as well as benefits with the doctor.
Ans: Yes, this can be used for both pain caused due to neurological disorders as well as nerve damage however you should not use it without consulting the doctor first.
Ans: Any medication if not disposed of correctly, could cause pollution to the environment. It is advisable to ask your doctor or pharmacist how these need to be disposed of.
Ans: When one overdoses on this, there could be life-threatening side effects. That is why you need to take it as prescribed by the physician.
Ans: Patients have reported an improvement in their condition the same day or at the most after a day. You still need to check with the doctor how long he prescribes that you use Meganeuron OD Plus Capsules.
Ans: Most users take it once or twice a day. This is the most common frequency. However, the doctor is the best to advise as to how often you need to take it.
Ans: Most of the patients are advised to consume this after food. However, based on your doctor’s advice you should consume the medication.
Ans: In case you are suffering from side effects such as headaches, hypotension, dizziness, or drowsiness, it is not safe for you to operate heavy machinery or drive vehicles. The pharmacist also advises patients that they should not drink alcohol as the drowsiness side effect intensifies.
Ans: You should avoid it if there is hypersensitivity.
Ans: You need to check as per the product package. If this medication comes under schedule h or x in India and schedules II to V in the USA, these medications could be addictive and therefore are to be sold as controlled substances. However, if they do not come under these categories, they will not be habit-forming. You also should not self-medicate as you will increase your body’s dependence on medicines.
Ans: Based on your doctor’s recommendation you should stop the medications. Some of these can be stopped immediately whereas others could cause a rebound effect if it is stopped immediately.