Manforce 100 MG Tablet is a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor used to relax the walls of the blood vessel and thus control blood flow to parts of the body. A notable function is treating erectile dysfunctions in men.
Manforce 100 is a tablet used to dilate or expand the blood vessels in the body. This helps to control the blood flow to particular parts of the body and can be used to treat erectile dysfunction in men as well as treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd manufactures Manforce 100.
Uses & Benefits of Manforce 100 MG Tablet:
The primary use of Manforce 100 MG Tablet is to treat erectile dysfunction:
Some patients may have difficulty achieving or sustaining an erection during intimate. In such cases, Manforce 100 may be prescribed for treatment.
The medication is also significantly used to treat high blood pressure of arteries present in the lungs and right side of the heart. Patients who use this tablet may also find their capacity for physical work improving.
Side Effects of Manforce 100 MG Tablet:
Patients who face persistent side-effects, particularly those on the following list are advised to seek a doctor’s advice immediately. While the medication is well-tolerated, some side effects may be dangerous.
Common side-effects that are generally no signs of a large problem include flushing, insomnia, or a bleeding nose.
Other common symptoms that are more significant include a headache, indigestion, and diarrhea.
Patients with severe dizziness, bloody and cloudy urine with painful urination, burning, numbness, tingling in the limbs should seek medical attention immediately.
Patients who face photosensitivity, changes in vision, and painful erections which are persistent for beyond 4 hours should also seek medical attention immediately.
Common Dosages of Manforce 100 MG Tablet:
The ideal dosage should be chosen by your physician. A typical dose is taken approximately an hour before intimate. The medication should not be taken more than once a day (a twenty-four-hour period). If you miss a dose then take it as soon as you remember, but do not take a double dose if it is time for your next dose.
Seek medical attention if the erection persists for more than 4 hours after sexual intercourse.
Composition and Nature of Manforce 100 MG Tablet:
Sildenafil (100mg) is the active ingredient in Manforce 100.
How does It Works?
Manforce 100 is a phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitor. The action of Manforce 100 on the blood vessels relaxes the walls and increases blood flow into the penis on stimulation. It also works to help with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Precautions and Warning – When to avoid It?
- Patients with a known allergy to sildenafil or any other component of this medicine should choose an alternative.
- Patients using any form of nitrate containing medicine which are used in angina treatment, and Riociguat are advised against using Manforce 100.
- Patients who have had a stroke in the past half year or a heart attack in the past 3 months must use an alternative medication.
- Using Sildenafil while consuming alcohol may lower blood pressure and can be dangerous
Substitutes for Manforce 100:
Other medicine with similar working and active ingredients that are widely available in the market include:
- Edegra 100 MG Tablet manufactured by Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd.
- Exigra 100 MG Tablet manufactured by Wockhardt Ltd.
- Intagra 100 MG Tablet manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Manforce 100 Interactions with Other Drugs:
There are a number of diseases and medicine that may cause an adverse reaction if ingested with Manforce 100 MG Tablet and patients are advised to take note:
- Patients with any form of cardiovascular disease or illness of the heart and blood vessels should not be advised to use this medication, particularly patients who have already been warned not to attempt vigorous physical activity such as sex.
- Patients with severe kidney disease will be unable to use Manforce 100 but patients with a relatively mild impairment may be able to derive use from suitable dose adjustments.
- Patients with priapism may be suffering from an undiagnosed condition such as leukemia, deformation of the penis, sickle cell anemia or other issues. The risk of permanent damage to the penile tissue is high and Manforce 100 is not advised to such patients.
- Patients suffering from a disorder of the retina in which color discrimination is affected would not usually be able to use Manforce 100 but should discuss the benefits and disadvantages with their physician.
- Patients drinking alcohol while using Manforce 100 may face side-effects. Patients who face dizziness, fainting, or persistent headaches should access medical advice immediately.
- Patients using Manforce 100 should not drink grapefruit juice in large amounts as it can interfere with the working of the medication and cause unintended effects or prevent the medication from being useful.
- Any other medicine including Clarithromycin, Atazanavir, Ketoconazole, Nitroglycerin (and other nitrate containing medicine), Carbamazepine, and Dexamethasone may require suitable dose adjustments and clinical monitoring to ensure that the patient will not suffer any issues. The patient should not stop any medication without medical advice.
- If the patient is using Amlodipine, or any blood pressure lowering medicine along with Manforce 100 then the risk of side effects is very high and the patient should take medical advice on the best course of action.
Ans: Manforce is not a steroid, it is part of a group of medicine known as phosphodiesterase.
Ans: Manforce cannot be used to treat premature ejaculation and will have no positive effects. It is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Ans: Manforce 100 MG Tablet is not an over-the-counter product. It is only for use when prescribed by a physician for a particular course of treatment.
Ans: Treatment of fertility problems cannot be done with Manforce 100 MG Tablet and patients are advised to seek medical attention for their particular problem