Magnex Forte Injection is known to be a cephalosporin antibiotic. The injection is mainly used to treat pseudomonas bacterial infections. It works by stopping the cell wall synthesis of the bacteria and preventing its growth.
|Composition||Cefoperazone and Sulbactam|
|Uses||Urinary Tract Infection, Bacterial Infection, Skin and Soft tissue infection, Endometritis, Pelvic inflammatory disease, and Septicemia.|
|Side-effects||Nausea, Diarrhea, Allergic reaction, Vomiting, blood in urine, and Skin Rash|
|Precautions||Renal impairment, Diarrhea, Gastrointestinal disease, Hypersensitivity to penicillin, and Colitis.|
Uses and Benifits Magnex Forte Injection:
This Injection can be used to treat the following medical conditions:
- Bacterial infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Surgical infections
- Respiratory tract infections
- Intra-abdominal infections
- Gynecological infections
- Skin or soft tissue infections
- Bacterial infection of the respiratory tract
- Intra-abdominal infections
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
Read More: Betnovate GM Uses | Betacap 40 Uses
Side Effects of Magnex Forte:
Magnex Forte may exhibit certain side effects. Some of the side effects of Magnex Forte are listed below:
- Injection site Thrombophlebitis
- Pain at the site of injection
- Allergic reactions
- Blood in urine
- Inflammation of a vein caused by blood clots
- Injection site pain
Read More: Lanol ER Side Effects | Endura Mass Side Effects
Common Dosage of Magnex Forte Injection:
The dosage of this Injection is based on
- History of drug reaction/ allergy
- Severity of disease
- Reaction to the first dose
- A medical condition of the patient/ health history
This Injection should be taken at the time and duration prescribed by your doctor. It is not to be self-administered. A doctor or nurse should administer the injection.
If vomiting and nausea do not stop after a single dose, another one is given after thirty minutes.
Note – If any side effects pertaining to an overdose are suspected, it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
Read More: Hifenac 100 Dosages | Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride Dosages
Composition and Nature of Magnex Forte:
The administration of the injection is a combination of two drugs namely Cefoperazone and Sulbactam. It is a bactericidal drug that completely eliminates the infection by stifling the growth of the bacteria while killing off the existing colonies that have come into existence within the human body.
Read More: Paracip 500 Composition | Racecadotril Composition
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid It?
- Pregnant women are advised to use this Injection with caution. It is always recommended to consult a doctor about the pros and cons before using this injection.
- It is not recommended for children below the age of four.
- Patients with a known allergy or hypersensitivity towards the ingredients present in Magnex Forte 1.5 gm Injection should not administer the injection, as it will cause severe allergic reactions.
- Patients with gastrointestinal disease and renal impairment should administer the injection with extreme caution. They may also be advised to regularly monitor the renal functioning.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any herbal supplements or vitamins before taking Magnex Forte 1.5 gm Injection as they may interact with the injection and cause adverse effects.
- Patients using analgesic drugs (pain relievers) to treat any kind of pain, including cancer -related pain, are advised to use this drug with caution.
Substitutes for Magnex Forte Injection:
The following are common substitutes for Magnex Forte:
- Zostum, Zuventus manufactured by Healthcare Ltd
- Troyperazone manufactured by Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Lactagard manufactured by Ipca Laboratories Ltd
- Zonamax ES manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Fytobact manufactured by Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Viatran manufactured by Cipla Ltd
- Lactagard 1000mg/500 mg Injection manufactured by Ipca Laboratories Ltd
- Zosul Injection manufactured by Cipla Ltd
- Omnibact Forte Injection manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Read More: Sibelium 10 Substitutes | Rivotril 0.5 Substitutes
Magnex Forte Interactions with Other Drugs:
The medicines, when combined with other medicines, food items, or beverages and taken during certain medical conditions, may result in drug interactions. A drug interaction can prove to be fatal if not taken care of on time. Some of the interactions of this medicine are mentioned below:
Interaction with Medicines
Magnex Forte 1.5 gm is not recommended to be taken with medicines listed below as it may cause side effects.
- Loop diuretics
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics
Interaction with Diseases
- Renal impairment : This medicine should be used with caution in patients with a known history of renal diseases due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects. Close monitoring of kidney function, appropriate dose adjustments, or replacement with a suitable alternative may be required in some cases based on the clinical condition of the patient.
Interaction with Alcohol
It is not recommended to consume alcohol while administering Magnex Forte 1.5 gm Injection as it may cause adverse effects such as nausea, increased heartbeat, low blood pressure, chest pain, etc.
Interaction with Lab interactions
- Coomb’s test : Magnex Forte Injection may give a false positive result for the Coombs test. A different analysis may be used for the diagnosis of the amount of red blood cells during treatment with this medicine.
- Benedict’s or Fehling’s Test : Magnex Forte Injection may give a false positive result for glucose in the urine with Benedict’s or Fehling’s reagent. A different analysis may be used for diagnosing the presence of glucose in the urine.
Magnex Forte Injection Price in India:
|Quantity of Medicine||MRP (INR)|
|1 injection in vial||663.39|
Read More: Ondem MD 4 Price | Sibelium 10 Price
How Magnex Forte Injection works?
Magnex Forte 1.5 gm Injection is the combination of two medicines Cefoperazone and Sulbactam.
Cefoperazone is an antibiotic that functions effectively by averting the development of the protective bacteria covering which is necessary for the growth of bacteria.
Sulbactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that reduces the resistance of the bacteria and improves the action of Cefoperazone against bacteria that could have developed.
How to use Magnex Forte Injection?
The Magnex Forte 1.5 gm Injection should be administered under a doctor’s supervision. It is advisable not to self-medicate.
When is Magnex Forte Injection prescribed?
Magnex Forte is prescribed to treat the following conditions:
- Bacterial infections
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Surgical Infection
- Skin and Soft Tissue Infection
Medicines that should not be taken with Magnex Forte Injection:
Listed below are the medicines that should not be taken with Magnex Forte:
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics
- Loop diuretics
How to store Magnex Forte Injection?
- This Injection is advised to store the medicine in a cool and dry place.
- Magnex Forte 1.5 gm is not recommended to freeze or refrigerate.
- This medicineMagnex Forte 1.5 gm Injection should be kept away from the reach of the children and pets.
Ans: Although there is a lesser chance of overdose as the injection will be administered by the doctor. In case more than the prescribed dose of this Injection is administered, ask the doctor to take appropriate preventive measures because overdose might cause severe side effects and may lead to drug toxicity.
Ans: Listed below are some of the side effects that may occur after administering Magnex Forte 1.5 gm:
Injection site Thrombophlebitis
Pain at the site of injection
Blood in urine
Inflammation of a vein caused by blood clots
Injection site pain
Ans: Magnex Forte 1.5 gm is used to treat a bacterial infection, urinary tract infection, surgical infections, and respiratory tract infections Pelvic inflammatory disease, Septicemia, etc.
Ans: Magnex Forte 1.5 gm Injection is used to treat and prevent conditions such as:
Skin or soft tissue infections
Bacterial infection of the respiratory tract
Urinary tract infection
Respiratory tract infections
Pelvic inflammatory disease
Skin and soft tissue infection
Ans: Magnex Forte is not recommended to be taken in the following conditions:
Hypersensitivity to penicillin
Impairment of renal and hepatic functions
Ans: No-habit forming tendencies have been reported yet after administering the medicines.
Ans: Following are the appropriate storage requirements for Magnex Forte 1.5 gm Injection:
Keep it in a cool and dry place.
Do not refrigerate or freeze.
Keep it away from the reach of children
Keep it away from the reach of pets.
Ans: Magnex Forte 1.5 gm Injection is not recommended to be taken with the following medicines as it may cause unwanted side effects:
Ans: Magnex Forte 1.5 gm Injection is prescribed in the following cases:
Respiratory Tract Infection
Skin and Soft tissue infections
Urinary tract infections
Ans: The duration of action of Magnex Forte 1.5 gm Injection varies according to various factors such as dosage form, age, medical history, etc. The action of the injection can be observed rapidly after an intramuscular administration.
Ans: If a dose of Magnex Forte is missed, it should be consumed as soon as possible. But if it is coinciding with the time of the next dosage then it is better to skip the earlier dose.
Ans: Generally, this Injection does not induce dizziness and drowsiness, but it is advisable to consult a doctor before administering the injection.
Ans: It is a type of cephalosporin antibiotic drug that helps in treating bacterial infection. The medicine helps in preventing the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall and stops the formation of the bacterial cell wall.