Many people suffer from constipation-related problems and this can hamper their active lifestyle. Apart from that, it can also cause health complications in the long run as the body will not be able to dispose of the waste in a normal manner. For this reason, it is important to treat constipation and you can use Looz Syrup that provides effective relief from such problems. Apart from that, it is also effective in treating dysfunction of the brain that results in liver problems.
This is not an over-the-counter medication and you need a prescription to get this medicine. However, in some places, you may even get this without a prescription. The active ingredient in this syrup is lactulose and it increases the water content in the stools thereby providing relief from constipation and other related problems.
The syrup is manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd and it is available in different strengths. You can choose the appropriate one after consulting your doctor. You may even get them in different flavors depending on the availability of stock.
Composition and Nature of Looz Syrup:
The syrup has Lactulose as the main ingredient and it is very effective in providing relief from constipation. You need a prescription to get this syrup and it should be always used as per the instructions of your doctor. It can even treat some forms of liver problems.
Read More: Viagra 100 MG Tablet Composition | Dabur Shilajit Composition
Uses and benefits of Looz Syrup:
- It is very effective in the treatment of constipation and you can notice quick results. This syrup increases the water content in the stool and thereby makes it easy for the patients to pass stools.
- The liver is responsible for removing toxins from the body and this function can get affected when the brain dysfunctions and does not send the right signals to the liver. In the long run, this can lead to complete failure of the liver. This medication is also very effective to treat such conditions and it prevents further damage to the liver.
Read More: Pudin Hara Uses | Dicyclomine Uses
Side effects of Looz Syrup:
There are few side effects of this syrup and it can easily affect patients when they are not used to such medication. If the side effects are mild, you need not worry too much about it as it will easily pass away in a few days. On the other hand, severe side effects need immediate medical attention and you should get in touch with your doctor to avoid further complications.
- As the syrup increases water content in the stools, it can easily lead to diarrhea and other symptoms. In most cases, it leads to excessive bowel activity and you may have to visit the toilet frequently to pass stools.
- There is no need to worry about increased bowel activity as this is normal when you are using this medication. You should only worry when this leads to dehydration and causes fatigue.
- Some people are sensitive to such medication and they report symptoms of vomiting and nausea. If the medication is not easing symptoms of constipation and causing such side effects, you should get in touch with your doctor and explain your problem. They may change the dosage or prescribe other medication along with this syrup.
- The syrup is also well known to increase belching symptoms and this is not a severe side effect of this syrup. It will usually subside after you stop using the medication and does not create many complications.
- In some cases, patients also suffer from pain in the abdominal region and get cramps due to this medication.
- As the syrup pulls water from the body and makes the stools more fluid, it sometimes leads to low levels of magnesium and potassium in the body.
- There can be many other side effects of this medication and it depends on your sensitivity to such medication. It also depends on your overall health condition and other medication you are using to treat underlying health conditions.
Read More: Flexura D Side Effects | Gokshuradi Guggulu Side Effects
Common Dosage of Looz Syrup:
In most cases, the dosage depends on the intensity of the problem and your doctor will suggest the best dosage after examining your condition. In general, one spoon of syrup will be usually enough to counter problems related to constipation. When it comes to treating liver problems with this medication, you may have to use it nearly three times a day to get some relief from the symptoms. You should never use this medication on your own and always follow the instructions given by your doctor with regards to the dosage as overdose can cause severe side effects and cause a lot of harm to your body.
Read More: Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Dosages | Ashwagandharishta Dosages
How to use Looz Syrup?
The syrup has to be taken orally in the dosage prescribed by your doctor. It is also important to know about the intake of food while using this syrup and most doctors recommend using this syrup after having food. In this way, the side effects of the medication can be reduced to a large extent. You may also get the syrup in different flavors and this does not change the composition or the effect of the syrup in any manner. Depending on the strength of the medication, you can use it to treat your health condition. In most cases, using the syrup once a day for constipation problems will be good enough to provide some relief from the symptoms.
How does Looz Syrup work?
This contains synthetic sugar that helps to improve water content in the colon region. It breaks down as it enters the body into acids that are of mild nature and it effectively increases the water content in the stools. This can ease the symptoms of constipation in a quick time. It is also very effective while treating liver problems that arise out of brain dysfunction. It should be used in the right dosage to avoid any complications in the future. Make sure to get the prescription from the doctor and follow the instruction about how to use the syrup.
Related warnings/ Precautions: When to avoid Looz 10gm Syrup?
You should strictly avoid this medication when you are suffering from diabetes as the medication contains sugar and it will create an imbalance in your blood sugar levels. This can cause a lot of complications and also impact the working of other medications you are taking for existing health conditions.
In the same manner, any sort of overdose of this medication has to be avoided as this can cause severe diarrhea and lead to various complications. In extreme cases, it can lead to dehydration and cause other problems.
Never use the medication without the suggestions of your doctor as this can hamper the normal process of digestion and lead to various side effects. Your doctor will carefully analyze your health condition and prescribe the medication in the right dosage. You should take the medication only as instructed and never use it as a general medication to treat constipation.
Substitutes for Looz 10gm Syrup:
There are many substitutes for this syrup and you can use any of the ones mentioned below after confirming the strength and composition of the syrup.
- Cadilose 10gm Solution by Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Livoluk Syrup by Panacea Biotec Ltd.
- Laxan Solution by J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Laxiwal Syrup by Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
- Swiftolac Syrup by Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd.
- Bestoloos Solution by BestoChem Formulations India Ltd.
- Livoluk Kid Syrup by Panacea Biotec Ltd.
- Evict Syrup by Albert David Ltd.
- Lactolook Syrup by Knoll Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Nulax Solution by NuLife Pharmaceuticals
- Medilax Syrup by Medichem Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Lacsan Syrup by J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Cremapil 10Gm Syrup by Psychotropics India Ltd.
- Oaloose oral solution by Oasis Laboratories Pvt Ltd.
The strength of the substitute medication may change depending on the manufacturing company and the details will be mentioned on the cover. Make sure to consult your doctor before you use such alternate medication so that you can avoid many side effects.
Looz Syrup Interactions with Other Drugs:
This syrup can have interaction with other drugs and you need to be aware of such problems before using the medication to treat constipation and other problems. Make sure to inform your doctor about all the medication you are taking for other health problems so that they can avoid them temporarily or suggest a suitable alternative to this medication.
Looz Syrup should be avoided with the following drugs as they can have a moderate interaction and lead to side effects.
- Aluminum Hydroxide
Apart from the ones mentioned above, the syrup may also have interaction with various herbal medicines and nutritional supplements you are using on a daily basis. Your doctor will make the best call in this regard and prescribe the medication after analyzing all these factors.
People suffering from diabetes should be careful about taking this medication as it contains sugar and it can lead to some side effects. Inform your doctor about your health condition before you use such medication so that you can avoid further complications.
It is always a good idea to avoid alcohol while using this medication as this can affect the normal working of the medication and lead to various side effects.
The effect of this drug during pregnancy is not completely verified and you should use this only when your doctor has prescribed the medication.
Ans: The syrup is usually given only on prescription and you should use it only after getting the proper prescription from your doctor. However, in some cases, the medication may be available over the counter and it is better to avoid self-medication to avoid further problems.
Ans: There is no evidence to prove that this medication is habit-forming and you can continue to use the syrup for as long as it is suggested by your doctor. In some cases, patients may need to use this medication for several months to treat chronic constipation and other issues related to the liver.
Ans: In general, this medication can be used for kids. However, it should always be used only when your doctor has suggested this medication. In any case, it is not a good idea to use such medication for the long term and you should look for other natural methods to treat problems like constipation.
Ans: In most cases, people find good relief from constipation within a few days after using this medication. However, in the case of liver problems, the medication may take a long time before any positive results are noticed. It also depends on the overall health condition of the individual and the intensity of the problem.
Ans: When it comes to treating symptoms of constipation, the drug is usually used once a day. When the problem is severe, you may have to use it twice a day and your doctor will provide the best suggestions in this regard. When it comes to treating liver problems, you may have to use it more than twice a day and your doctor will suggest the best dosage for such problems.
Ans: There are no harmful effects of this medication for breastfeeding women and they can safely use the medication if it is suggested by your doctor. However, you need to be aware of the side effects of this drug and make sure that you use it in the proper dosage as suggested by your doctor. Otherwise, it can affect the health of the baby and cause further complications.
Ans: Some people may not find it convenient to use the syrup form of this drug. There is no need to worry in this situation as the medication is also available in granule form. However, you may not get such options from the same manufacturer and you can choose other substitutes available in the market. It is also interesting to note that the syrup itself is available in different flavors and you can try a different flavor when you are not liking the taste of this medication.