Libotryp Tablet is a medicine that aids in curing various disorders in an individual that include depression, anxiety, muscle pains, agitation, and more. This medicine is actually a combination of medicine that helps in treating different disorders. People whose age is less than 18 years are not recommended to use this medicine. It has the ability to control the chemicals within the brain that are usually abnormal in patients who are suffering from depression and other mental disorders.
One must and should consult a doctor before using Libotryp medicine for their depression disorder. In this medicine, Amitriptyline-Chlordiazepoxide acts as an active ingredient. Among these ingredients, Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant. On the other hand, Chlordiazepoxide is a benzodiazepine. These are the major ingredients that show the massive impact on the chemicals present within the brain that might be unbalanced in those who have anxiety and depression. This post gives a complete guide to Libotryp medicine that aids a variety of disorders in people.
Composition and Nature of Libotryp:
The Libotryp medicine comprises of two major active ingredients that are named as Amitriptyline and Chlordiazepoxide. With the help of these two active salts, one can get rid of their depression and anxiety levels. Speaking about the composition of these medicines, there is 5 mg of Chlordiazepoxide and 12.5 mg of Amitriptyline. The packages and strengths of Libotryp include 10 tablets, 15 tablets, and 12.5 mg and 5 mg strengths.
Uses and Benifits of Libotryp:
- The Libotryp medicine offers a plethora of benefits and advantages to all the patients. This medicine aids in treating, controlling and preventing various diseases, disorders, and symptoms as listed below:
- Anxiety Disorder
- Comorbid Depression
- Treats Insomnia
- Lessens the Muscle pains in an individual
- Cures extreme anxiety levels
- Reduces Agitation
- Ability to treat Fibromyalgia
- Cures Diabetic Neuropathy
- Treats Delirium and pain in nerves
There are some other benefits of Libotryp that are not listed in this post.
Side Effects of Libotryp:
Here are some of the severe, moderate and mild side effects of Libotryp medicine as listed below. In Libotryp medicine, there are a couple of medicines that are referred to as Amitriptyline and Chlordiazepoxide. These medicines act as the anti-depressant and anti-anxiety. Some of the side effects of these medicines include the following:
- Allergic Skin Conditions
- Blood Disorders
- Blood Sugar Levels might increase or decrease suddenly
- Cardiac disorders
- Discomfort in the chest
- Endocrine Effects (Such effects might include Low Libido, Impotence, Gynaecomastia, Galactorrhoea and more)
- Extrapyramidal Effects
- Gastric pain
- Hematological disorders
- A headache
- Horrible Sweating
- Memory mutilation
- Mouth becomes dry
- Orthostatic Hypertension
- Paradoxical stimulation
- Perplexity disorder
- Skin Rashes
- Sudden Weight Loss or Gain
- Swollen hands and feet
- Tremors in the hands and feet
- Urinary Withholding
- Vision becomes blurred
- Weakened attentiveness
These are some of the commonly seen side effects of Libotryp. Among these side effects, some of them might occur due to the ingredients present in this medicine. However, not all side effects might attack a person at a time. You might experience any of the side effects in some rare situations. In case, you witness any of them, just consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Common Dosage of Libotryp:
Wockhardt Limited manufactures the Libotryp 12.5 mg or 5 mg tablet. The dosage of this tablet depends on the age and health condition of the patient. The doctors usually prescribe the patients to intake this medicine orally i.e., through the mouth. The physician will prescribe the dosage as well as the time duration.
In case, you miss the dosage of Libotryp medicine then, you can take it as soon as possible whenever you remember. If the time reaches the time for your subsequent dosage then, skip the missed dose. Don’t try to intake double dosage for instant reduction of your depression levels.
If in case, you take an overdose then, it might cause some serious side effects in the patients. Try to consult your doctor immediately whenever you experience any of the complicated side effects after taking an overdose of Libotryp tablet.
How to Use Libotryp Tablet?
The patients need to consume this medicine based on the dosage and the time duration as directed by the doctor. You need to take this tablet as a whole without chewing or breaking it. One can intake this medicine along with food or without food. However, you need to maintain a standard time for using this medicine on a daily basis.
How Does Libotryp Works?
Libotryp is a blend of two different medicines or active ingredients that include Amitriptyline and Chlordiazepoxide. These two ingredients help in treating depression in the patients. The first ingredient helps in enhancing the chemical messenger levels within the brain. This, in turn, aids in controlling the mood swings in the patient and cures depression levels. On the other hand, the second ingredient – Chlordiazepoxide helps in augmenting the GABA action that constrains the imbalanced activities carried out by the nerve cells within the brain. Through these actions, one can easily overcome their depression disorder. This is the complete working procedure of Libotryp tablet.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Libotryp?
Here are some of the related warnings and precautions that one must follow before using the Libotryp 12.5 tablet as listed below:
- When you intake this medicine, you need to avoid the consumption of alcohol as it may cause drowsiness in the patients.
- This medicine is not advised for those who are currently pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- One must be cautioned before using this medicine as it might show some impact on the kidney and liver functionalities.
Substitutes of Libotryp:
- Typlin C 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Sterkem Pharma Pvt Limited]
- Trumit 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Genesis Biotech Inc]
- Trixide-H Tablet [Manufactured by Talent India]
- Trixide 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Talent India]
- Tripox 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Triton Healthcare Pvt Limited]
- Triplex Plus Tablet [Manufactured by Aarpik Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Triline Plus H 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Tripada Biotec Pvt Limited]
- Relidep Plus H 12.5 mg/5 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Reliance Formulation Pvt Limited]
- Merital H 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by A N Pharmacia]
- Merital 12.5Mg/5Mg Tablet [Manufactured by A N Pharmacia]
- Limbival 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Micro Labs Limited]
- Limbitrol H 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Crescent Therapeutics Limited]
- Libral 12.5 mg/5 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Scorsis Laboratories]
- Emotrip 12.5 mg/5 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Ipca Laboratories Limited]
- Dtryp 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Dew Drops Lab]
- Depline Plus 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by RKG Pharma]
- Depkey-Ch 12.5 Tablet [Manufactured by Arinna Lifescience Pvt Limited]
- Chlotrip 12.5mg/5mg Tablet [Manufactured by East West Pharma]
- Chlortrip 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Amypres C 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Psycormedies]
- Amizep H 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by La Pharmaceuticals]
- Amize 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Amixide H 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited]
- Amivane Plus 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Prescription Medicines Pvt Limited]
- Amitryn C 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by KC Laboratories]
- Amitril Plus 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Sigmund Promedica]
- Amitone Plus 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Amitar Plus Tablet [Manufactured by Signova Pharma Pvt Limited]
- Amipox H 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Parasol Laboratories]
- Amilift Dx 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Bion Therapeutics India Pvt Limited]
- Amicon Plus 12.5Mg/5Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Icon Life Sciences]
- Amichlor 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Aldep H Tablet [Manufactured by Altius Life Sciences]
- Aculip H 12.5 Mg/5 Mg Tablet [Manufactured by Shine Pharmaceuticals Limited]
Libotryp Tablet Interactions with Other Drugs:
The interactions usually occur whenever you use medication for different diseases at the same time. In such a case, you need to tell your doctor regarding your current list of medications. This helps your doctor to change your medicine or alter the dosage adjustments. We can usually witness some disease interactions, drug or medicine interactions, and food and lab interactions. Check it out below!
- CYP2C19 Inhibitors
- CYP450 inducers
Whenever you try to intake the medication for your heart disease alongside the depression disorder then, it becomes disease interaction. It is advised to all the patients to consume Libotryp tablet with utmost caution if they are suffering from various heart-related diseases. Some of them include heart stroke, blockage in the heart and heart attacks. If you experience any change in the blood pressure, pulse or feel drowsy then, you need to contact your physician immediately.
Some other common disease interactions include the following:
- Seizure Disorders
There is no information available on whether there are any food interactions and lab interactions with Libotryp medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]:
Ans: Some of the contradictions to this medicine include the following:
Lactation or Breastfeeding
Ans: No, it is not recommended to consume this tablet at the time of lactation. It might show some adverse effects on the kid.
Ans: No, it is not advisable to drive a vehicle after consuming this tablet. It might cause drowsiness in the patients. Due to that, you may feel dizzy while driving a vehicle. There is a major risk of causing an accident if you drive a vehicle alongside using this tablet.
Ans: Some of the countries that have given their approval for the Libotryp tablet include India, Japan, and the United States.
Ans: Usually, the impact of the Libotryp tablet can be seen for about 3 to 6 weeks after consumption.
Ans: The effect of this medicine might long last for about 4 to 7 weeks.
Ans: No, Libotryp medicine doesn’t become an addiction even after using it on a regular basis.
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about Libotryp medicine that cures depression and anxiety. We have even included the side effects, benefits, usage, dosage, alternatives, precautions, related warnings, interactions and FAQs on Libotryp medicine. Hope this guide has given you adequate information regarding the Libotryp tablet. For more doubts and queries, don’t hesitate to ask us through the comments section below.