Levolin 1 MG Tablet belongs to the class of adrenergic inhalants. It helps in improving and increasing the amount of air flow through the lungs. Mainly, it is recommended to the asthma patients. It is found to be useful for patients suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
|Nature of Levolin:||Bronchodilator|
|Composition of Levolin 1 MG Tablet:||Levosalbutamol|
|Uses of Levolin 1:||Lungs Inflammation, Asthma, Constriction of Airways, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease|
|Side effects of Levolin 1 MG Tablet:||Heartburn , Cough and dizziness, Body ache Diarrhea and fever , Hoarseness|
Chest pain fast or pounding heartbeat, Vomiting and diarrhea
Allergic reactions like hives or itching or difficulty in breathing or swallowing, A feeling of weakness, Uncontrollable movements of any part of the body
Muscle pain and skin rash
Allergic reaction such as Hives, leg cramps, headache , nervousness
|Precautions:||High Blood pressure|
The medicine is medically labeled as bronchodilator medicine. The conditions like lung swelling and inflammation of the lungs etc. are all treated effectively by Levolin 1 MG Tablet.
Uses and Benefits of Levolin:
Apart from just relaxing the airways muscle, there are many other uses of this tablet. The major uses of the medicine are:
- Reduction in the swelling of the lungs.
- Reduction in the inflammation of the lungs.
- Improvement in the condition of Asthma.
- Constriction of the airways.
Side Effects of Levolin:
Although the side effects are rare, Levolin 1 MG Tablet is not altogether free of the side effects. Most dangerous side effects are a rare occurrence but can still be serious in nature.
Here is a list of side effects due to consumption, so that you can stay alert in case of serious side effects:
- Muscle cramps
- Urge to vomit
- Viral infection
- Chest pain
- Increased heartbeat
- A headache
- Viral infections
- Severe hypokalemia
- A runny or blocked nose
- A sore throat
- Swelling of eyelids, tongue, lips, and face.
- Chest pain and discomfort
- Increased breathing
- Dysphonia (difficulty in speaking)
- Skin rash
- Anxiety and nervousness
- Decreased appetite
- Trembling or shaking of feet and arms
If the patients experience any allergic reactions due to this drug, contact the doctor immediately.
Common Dosages of Levolin:
The dosage of Levolin Tablet is based on
- Severity of disease
- History of drug reaction/ allergy
- Reaction to the first dose
- A medical condition of the patient/ health history
- Patients with liver or kidney disease should consult the doctor before consuming the tablet or syrup
- In case if the symptoms get worst then it is advised to seek immediate medical attention.
- The most recommended dosage in adults is one-two tablets right after a meal.
In children, it should be given as per the doctor’s prescription.
- Missed Dose: Take the medicine as soon as remember if the patient misses a dose. But if it’s the time to take the next dose then it is advisable to skip the missed dose of the medicine and continue the usual schedule.
- Overdose: In case of overdose it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
Composition & Nature of Levolin:
Levolin 1 MG Tablet is a product of Cipla Pharmaceuticals Company. There is only one major active ingredient in Levolin i.e. Levosalbutamol (Lealbuterol 1mg/5ml). This ingredient relaxes the muscle thus easing the flow of air through the lungs.
Levolin Price in India:
- A Strip of 10 tablets: 5.39 INR
When Levolin is prescribed?
Levolin tablet is prescribed to prevent and treat conditions such as Asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). Other conditions that can be treated using Levolin Tablet are Constriction of Airways and lungs inflammation.
How to use Levolin?
It is advisable to take the tablet as per doctor’s prescription. It can be taken immediately after food. Avoid taking any other medicine or over-the-counter product as a combination with Levolin 1 MG Tablet as it may cause adverse effects.
How Levolin 1 MG Tablet works?
Levolin 1 improves the condition of the patient by relaxing the muscle of the airways. The active ingredient of the medicine is levosalbutamol which causes relaxation of bronchial muscles and facilitates easier breathing.
Warnings/Precautions- When to avoid Levolin 1 MG Tablet?
- Breastfeeding: Levolin 1 MG Tablet is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women as the effect of the medicine on the nursing infants is not established. Consult a doctor before administering the medicine.
- Pregnancy: It is advisable to consult a doctor and discuss the benefits and risks before taking the drug.
- Other medicines: Discuss and report the use of all medications including herbs and supplements to the doctor before administering Levolin Tablet.
- Other diseases: Discuss all the previous and present medical conditions including blood and heart vessels disorder, electrolyte disorder etc.
- Paradoxical bronchospasm: Levolin 1 MG Tablet may worsen the asthma symptoms in some cases. It is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Hypokalemia: The medicine should be used with caution in the patient suffering from hypokalemia as it may cause a decrease in blood potassium level.
- Excessive use: Levolin 1 MG Tablet is recommended to administer the medicine in prescribed quantities only. The excessive use of the medicine may cause severe adverse effects and in some cases it may prove fatal.
- Use in elderly: Levolin 1 MG Tablet is recommended to consult a doctor before administering the medicine as the risks of adverse effects are higher in elderly people.
- Use in Children: The dose and efficacy of the medicine depends on the age of the patient and on the form of the medicine. It is advisable to keep all the preventive measures in mind before prescribing this medicine in children.
Some important information which needs to be discussed with the doctor before taking the Levolin is:
- If you observe high blood pressure or some heart condition.
- Test and monitor the potassium levels, and bring it to the notice of the doctor.
Drug interactions could change the workings of any prior medication and can also up the risk of any serious side effects. It is best not to start, stop or change the dosage of any medication unless you have got approval from the doctor.
Interaction with medicines
The interaction of Levolin 1 MG Tablet with other drugs is known to increase the side-effects. The major drugs with which the Levolin has the established interactions are:
Substitutes for Levolin:
Incasal Tablet manufactured by the Incarnate Pharmachem Pvt Ltd
Levolin 1 MG Tablet Suspension form:
Levolin 1 MG Tablet is a bronchodilator drug which is used to prevent and treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma. It functions by relaxing the muscles in the airways leading to the lungs and also improves the amount of air flow to and from lungs. The active ingredient of Levolin is levosalbutamol which is a short-acting adrenergic receptor. It helps in treating conditions such as lungs inflammation, constriction of airways and other related conditions. It also helps in smoothing the muscles in the bronchial tubes.
Medicines that should not be taken with Levolin 1 MG Tablet:
Listed below are some medicines that should not be taken with Levolin 1 MG Tablet as a combination as it may cause mild to severe side effects.
How to store Levolin?
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place.
- Don’t flush the medicine until not instructed.
- Don’t freeze or keep in refrigerator.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
- Keep it away from pets.
1) Is it safe to use Levolin 1 MG Tablet in pregnancy?
Ans: It is advisable to consult a doctor before taking this tablet as it may cause adverse effects.
2) Is the ability of the Levolin for constriction of airways is medically tested?
Ans: Yes, it is medically tested and has been established as true by the experiments. But it must not be consumed for constriction of the airways without prior discussion with the doctor.
3) When are the effects of the medicine visible? Or how long does the Levolin takes to improve the condition?
Ans: Most commonly, the effects are visible in 3 days and at the most 1 week. It may be that your experience is different but the usual time taken is this much only. Consultation with the doctor about what you feel after taking Levolin is highly recommended.
4) Generally, how many times a day is Levolin 1 MG Tablet suggested being taken by the patients?
Ans: Levolin 1 Tablet is prescribed usually twice a day, or at most thrice a day by the doctor to their patients.
5) Levolin 1 MG Tablet is to be taken with food or without food?
Ans: Levolin 1 MG Tablet is generally prescribed to be consumed after meals.
6) Can one drive immediately after consuming the Levolin?
Ans: Yes, patients can drive after administering Levolin 1 MG Tablet. However, upon experiencing dizziness, headache, drowsiness etc. after taking the medicine, the patients should refrain from driving.
7) Is the use of Levolin 1 Tablet addictive?
Ans: No, there is no established addiction potential of the Levolin 1 MG Tablet.
8) Can the use of Levolin 1 MG Tablet be stopped immediately?
Ans: It is advisable to consult a doctor before stopping the consumption of Levolin 1 MG Tablet as it may cause adverse effects.
9) Is the use of Levolin safe during breastfeeding or pregnancy?
Ans: No, it is not recommended to be used by breastfeeding or pregnant women. If the benefits of the medicine outweigh the risk associated with its intake then only Levolin Tablet can be consumed.
10) Does Levolin 1 MG Tablet cure the symptoms completely?
Ans: Yes, This Tablet may cure the symptoms completely if taken on time and as per the doctor’s prescription.