Keto soap is a medicinal soap. It is supposed to have anti-fungal action and is found to be effective to act effectively in other skin conditions as well. The basic ingredient in the Keto soap is Ketoconazole. The fungal infections could be a real bother considering the itchiness, peeling of the skin, redness of the skin, spore-like formations on the skin, blistering, and the burning sensations that characterize it. The common reasons for fungal infections include moisture retention in the skin as the fungi grow well in moist conditions at a warm temperature. Athletes’ foot is caused by tight footwear which causes sweating in the foot and may be easily contracted from community baths and pools.
Types of Athlete’s foot
Three types of yeast infections can happen quite commonly. It includes the following:
- Interdigital- The infection occurs in the web of the feet between two small toes burning, itching and scaling are the common symptoms that can spread even to the sol of the feet.
- Moccasin- This type of infection is characterized by mild symptoms that include irritation, dryness of the skin, itchiness, and scaling of the skin that would be followed by thickening and cracking of the skin. This can happen on the sole completely and extend to the sides of the foot as well.
- Vesicular- This is a rare type of athlete’s foot it occurs with a sudden outbreak of fluid-filled blisters under the skin. It usually occurs on the underside of the foot.
The athlete’s feet could be diagnosed only by examining the scales under the microscope for evidence of the presence of fungi.
Yeast infections are caused by a yeast-like fungus called Cutaneous Candida. This can affect almost any part of the skin. But, it occurs mostly in the warm, moist, and creased areas of the skin. It is quite common among obese people and diabetics. Though yeast infections are not of a contagious nature, they can be quite irritating when they happen in the armpit and groin region.
Ringworm infection can be contracted with contact with people who are suffering from the infection. It is usually characterized b a ring of rash. But, there are also certain conditions when you might not see the appearance of the red ring. The topical application creams that are meant for fungal infections are found to be effective to treat ringworm infections.
Uses & Benefits of Keto Soap:
This soap is used for the prevention, treatment, and control of the following diseases and conditions. It can be used to treat acute as well as chronic disorders. The most common conditions that can be controlled using diseases and conditions such as
- Fungal infections
- Athlete’s foot
- Yeast infections
However, it should be used on the recommendation of the doctor.
Side Effects of Keto Soap:
Though it is a very effective treatment for skin disorders, you cannot discount the side effects you might experience when you are using the soap which includes
- A headache
- Itchy Rashes
- Burning sensation
- Itching or burning
- Skin Irritations
- Peeling or flaking of the skin
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pain or burning or stinging sensations
- Severe itching
- Eye redness
- Skin peeling
- Hair loss
- Dry scalp
- Oily Scalp.
You might experience the side effects or even those that might not be mentioned here. If you find any changes that are quite different from the routine. Consult the doctor immediately if you develop any medical conditions while you are using the medicine.
Common Dosage of Keto Soap:
The Keto soap may be prescribed to you by the doctor. The doctor might recommend the dose based on the medical history, present health condition as well as the other medications to be taken to treat the illness while being advanced to use the Keto soap. However, the advice usage would be to wash the affected area of the skin at least two times a day with this soap.
Composition and Nature of Keto Soap:
The active ingredient in the soap is Ketoconazole 2%w/w. this is considered to be a one-stop solution for most of fungal, ringworm, and yeast infections.
How to use Keto Soap?
You may use keto soap as per the instructions provided by the doctor or follow the instructions for use on the outer carton of the soap. In case you are advised to use the Keto soap to treat or prevent a certain condition, it is better to use it accordingly and complete the treatment though you might find relief within a short period of usage. The symptoms f Athlete’s foot is quite similar to that of the fungal infection and includes peels, scaling, and cracking of feet. You often find blisters or soft bulges that break down the skin. Itching and burning or both.
How does Keto Soap work?
Ketoconazole which is the active ingredient in the keto soap performs the function of controlling the formation of the fungi cell membrane. It does it by inhibiting the enzyme cytochrome P 450 14- alpha-demethylase that converts lanosterol into enastrol that is helpful in inhibiting the formation of the cell membrane. It is believed to offer relief from the predominant symptoms associated with fungal and yeast infections such as redness, itching, burning, etc., and also prevents them from occurring in a short time again.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Keto Soap?
The use of this Soap is not advisable for people
- Suffering from liver diseases and hypersensitivity to the keto compound
- If you are using drugs that contain terfenadine or astemizole and cisapride drugs.
- The Keto soap should be used only for external use. Avoid swallowing.
- Keep monitoring for progress as well as side effects.
- The use of keto is not adviced for acute or systemic or acute a systemic fungal infection.
- Keto soap is to be used by elderly persons with caution
- Women who have undergone surgery recently have to use the Ket soap with caution
- When you use Keto soap, you must take care that you do not expose yourself to the suns rays directly for a long time. As the keto soap has exfoliating properties and makes you darkening of the skin and sunburns.
- Though Ketoconazole is the active ingredient. You have keto soaps of different types which might contain other ingredients too. Therefore, it is important to check all the ingredients to check if you are allergic to it or have a history of adverse reactions they might have on you.
- It is imperative to follow the instructions on how to use the product that is given on the box.
- The keto soap has to be used with caution if you are pregnant or even planning to get pregnant.
- Use keto soap with care or avoid using it if you are breast-feeding a baby or planning to breastfeed.
Substitutes for Keto Soap:
The substitutes for the Keto soap include formulations like Kenz, Novale Bar, Candid KZ premium soap, Salisia KT 2% soap, KZ – Zole soap. Cona Soap, Joyneca 2% w/w soap, Ketovate 2% soap, Atiket Soap.
Keto Soap Interactions with Other Drugs:
The interaction refers to the mix of the medicines or certain food or beverages that you are at a risk that the keto soap produces adverse effects or you do not get the expected results. The interactions include
Interaction with diseases
- Liver Disease – Keto soap should be administered with caution in case you are suf-fering from impaired liver functioning, but in case it has to be administered be-cause it is necessary it has to be done with caution.
- QT Prolongation- Keto soap should be carefully administered as there is an indication of the moderate interaction with pre-existing heart conditions.
- Kidney disease- If you are suffering from kidney impairment an adjustment in dosage has to be done. When a patient is in hemodialysis, then the blood level of keto soap should be administered in a session, and then the dosage should be adjusted.
Interaction with alcohol
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended if you are using keto soap considering the fact that there might be moderate interactions.
Other medications that might have major interactions include
- Alprazolam- Monitoring blood levels, adjusting the usage of the soap or the drug has to be followed in case you have to take keto soap while using this drug
- Cisapride- It is recommended to use an appropriate substitute for Keto soap if you are on Cisapride dosage.
- Clopidogrel- Dosage adjustments and the use of Keto Soap has to be regulated in case of this medicine.
- Erythromycin- It is a very common antibiotic that might be prescribed for any infection. But, you need to inform the doctor about the use of either of these medicines as the interaction of these might sometimes cause shortness of breath, discomfort, dizziness, etc.
- Warfarin- This records moderate interaction. Safety monitoring and alteration of doses are essential. The symptoms of interaction include a headache, the presence of blood in vomit and urine and any other unusual bleeding.
- Atorvastatin- This would require the administration of suitable substitute medi-cines for either of them. the symptoms of interaction include weakness with fever, chills, joint pains, and others. However, there is no study that points to any food items that have to be avoided while using a keto soap. If you do find certain changes, you might consult the doctor to get it cleared.
Ans: It is approved for use in India, USA, and Japan.
Ans: No, there is no report of habit formation as far as the use of the soap is concerned.
Ans: The use of this soap is not recommended during pregnancy at least it is absolutely necessary.
Ans: Records indicate that the peak effect of this medicine can be expected within 1-2 hrs after using it.
Ans: The effect of the soap is considered to last for up to 8 hours. The records indicate that people saw differences in a matter of I day to 1 week. However, it is dependent on how severe your problem is and the doctor’s recommendation of how to use it.
Ans: Once a day or twice a day is the common frequency. However, your doctor would be better placed to suggest the frequency at which you should be using it.
Ans: Weening off means tapering the use of the soap to avoid the rebound effect. But, weening is dependent on other factors such as your body conditions, general health as well as the other medications you might have to take.
Ans: Keto Soap is a medicinal soap and must be used as directed by the physician either for treatment or prevention purposes. Using it regularly might lead to other problems rather than preventing the problem.
Ans: It is better to use soap once you buy it. it can be stored at room temperature in a dry place away from the sunlight.
Ans: Keto soaps with Ketoconazole as the active ingredient is quite effective in dealing with fungal infections in an average of about 45 out of 6 users who used Keto soap suggest that it is very effective.
Ans: The Keto Soap has been found to be only moderately effective considering the 18 percentile it registers. But the infections might be handled with oral medicines as well as keto soap by medical practitioners. This would be able to considerably increase the effectiveness of the soap in the treatment of yeast infections of the skin.
Ans: It is found to be quite effective for ringworm treatments.
Ans: There are no recommendations as to when to use keto soap. It can be used at any time of the day.