Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Sarita Vihar, Delhi
One of the top hospitals in India by the chain of Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd is ‘Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Sarita Vihar, New Delhi. The hospital offers state-of-the-art facilities in the heart of the capital. This 695 bedded hospital spreads over an area of 15 acres and has a built-up area over 600,000 square feet. It offers 52 specialist doctors under one roof. The hospital with the maximum number of ICU Beds in a Private Hospital in India also offers the largest Sleep Lab in Asia and one of the largest dialysis units in India. The Cancer Centre here is a Comprehensive Cancer care centre with the management of cancers as multi-speciality concerted approach including the most advanced Radiation Oncology Centre with Clinac iX, Novalis Tx and HDR-Brachytherapy. It also owns 6 dedicated beds for Bone Marrow Transplant.
Right from the infrastructure to the latest medical technology acquisition, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital excels in each every field. Since its inception in 1996, the hospital has been bagging several awards and positions for its quality health care services. It is the first hospital in India that has been internationally accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) for the fourth consecutive time.
Appointment at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Sarita Vihar:
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital appointment process is a swift and hassle-free procedure. To get admission into the hospital, any patient visiting the hospital will be required to complete an online form. Once the form is filled and verified, the management will issue a UHID (Unique Hospital Identification) card. With the UHID card, the patient may consult a doctor. If the doctor advises for admission in the hospital, the patient will then be required to fill out the form for admission at the front desk. In the form, he or she should fill out all the information correctly and provide consent to get admitted. In case of an emergency, the patient will be first admitted in the Emergency unit and later shifted to the room.
* Patients availing credit facility will need to provide an authorization or credit letter from the company. The letter should be handed over at the admission counter during the time of admission.
* In case the doctor advises a patient to undergo a surgery, he or she should pay the desired and non-refundable amount as OT booking charges at the IP cash counter at Gate. No 6.
Doctors List of Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi:
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi offers 52 Centres of Excellence for several key specialties and super specialties under one roof. Their qualified team of doctors strives to provide high-quality clinical care to all their patients. Here’s a list of top Apollo hospital Delhi doctor list and their specialties offered:
Apollo Hospital Gastroenterologists Doctors List:
- Dr. Amitabha Dutta
- Dr. D K Bhargava
- Dr. Hitendra K Garg
- Dr. Sanjay Sikka
- Dr. Sohan Lal Broor
Gynaecologists at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital:
- Dr Aarti Sahni
- Dr Charanjeet Kaur
- Dr Apurva Gupta
- Dr Gayatri Bala Juneja
- Dr Harmeet Malhotra
Urologists at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital:
- Dr Ajit Saxena
- Dr Rajesh Taneja
- Dr Vipin Arora
- Dr Suresh Kr Rawat
- Dr Anshuman Agarwal
Psychiatrists Doctors List:
- Dr Achal Bhagat
- Ms.Ekta Soni
- Dr Sandeep Vohra
- Dr Neatu Narang
- Dr Monica Chib
Neurologist at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital:
- Dr Anoop Kohli
- Dr Charu Gauba
- Dr Mukul Varma
- Dr Pushpendra Nath Renjen
- Dr Rakesh Agarwal
Dermatologists at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital:
- Dr D M Mahajan
- Dr Anju Mangla
- Dr Ramji Gupta
- Dr Ravi K Joshi
- Dr Vinay Kumar
Cardiologists at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital:
- Dr K K Kapur
- Dr Col V Hariharan
- Dr Amit Mittal
- Dr K K Saxena
- Dr Mahesh Chandra Garg
Nephrologists Doctors List:
- Dr Ashok Sarin
- Dr Col Akhil Mishra V S M
- Dr D K Agarwal
- Dr Jayant Kumar Hota
- Dr Gaurav Sagar
Paediatricians Doctors List:
- Dr Amita Mahajan
- Dr Anita Bakshi
- Dr Gaurav Jawa
- Dr Manisha Chakrabarti
- Dr Anibha Pandey
ENT Specialists at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital:
- Dr Ameet Kishore
- Dr Anita Singh
- Dr B. P Sharma
- Dr Kalpana Nagpal
- Dr Girish Raheja
Oncologists at Apollo Hospital:
- Dr Dipanjan Panda
- Dr Feroz Pasha
- Dr Harsh Dua
- Dr Manish Singhal
- Dr Mano Badhuria
Treatments and Procedures:
Apollo Hospitals has consistently led game-changing developments in the healthcare sector. The industry believes in bringing the latest inventions in key medical specialties and super-specialties at par. With this belief, the chain of hospitals offers the following procedure in the capital of India:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (CABG)
- Total Knee Replacement (TKR)
- Total Hip Replacement (THR)
- Brain Tumour
- Spine Surgery
- Kidney Transplant
- Liver Transplant
- Breast Cancer
- Chemotherapy and various other procedures
Packages and Services:
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital prioritizes the need of every individual and their dear ones. It offers various services and packages to ensure, that people are able to avail the best medical healthcare facilities. Some of them have been mentioned below:
International Patients Lounge at Apollo Hospital, Delhi:
The International Patients Lounge at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital Delhi assists their patients in planning and preparing their travel itinerary to the hospital. The hospital offer facilities like visa assistance, travel arrangements, airport transfers, accommodations for patient & companions, international staff translators, coordination of all medical appointments, mobile SIM cards, lockers, shopping & recreational options, cuisine to suit the palate and internet with Wi-Fi.
Champion of Hope
Champion of Hope is a referral program in which a previously treated patient can refer to their friends or family. The individual(s) referred can get various benefits from the Apollo Hospital. These include:
- Complimentary online consultation
- 20% discount on health check
- 10% discount on OP Investigations
Academic Courses at Apollo Hospital, Delhi:
Apollo Hospital Enterprise Ltd is committed to the achievement and maintenance of excellence in education and research for the benefit of humanity. Thus, it offers various medical and paramedical courses at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital Delhi. These include:
- DNB (Diplomate of National Board) and FNB (Fellowship of National Board of Examination) in 26 minor, major and super specialties
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Cardiology (PGDCC)
- Paramedical Training under the Accreditation of
IGNOU – (Degree & Diploma Courses)
IMA – (Diploma Courses)
- Medvarsity – Online Courses
- Fellowships – by AHERF (Apollo Hospital Educational & Research Foundation), IAP (Indian Academy of Paediatrics) and ISCC (Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine)
- International Postgraduate Paediatric Certificate (IPPC) with the University of Sydney
Discharge Process at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi:
Once the treatment is complete and the patient recovers satisfactorily, the consultant of the patient will brief him or his family about the discharge date. Management will guide the patient about the discharge procedure. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital makes it easy for the patients to contact their doctors once the formers are back their homes. Through its user-friendly portal, it enables the facility to book an appointment with a doctor at the click of a button.
Facilities in Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
Facilities in Patients’ Rooms:
Apollo Hospitals are committed to provide the highest standards of excellence in healthcare care without compromising the comfort of the patient. To ensure that the patients receive the optimum level of comfort and healthcare services, Apollo group offer different categories of the rooms with different services. In the capital city of India, Apollo Delhi offer the following choice of Patient Rooms/Beds:
Platinum Lounge Services – Exclusively designed room for patients to provide them with privacy, comfort and unparalleled facilities in truly luxurious settings
- Exclusive Medical Consultations
- Exclusive Personalized Care
- Competent and comprehensive outpatient services
- Minimized Waiting Time
- Priority Appointments with Specialists
- Dedicated registration Desk
- Tranquil Ambience
Suite Room Services – Luxuriously appointed air-conditioned rooms with large baths
- special electronically operated bed with a remote control facility
- Telephone facility
- Sofa sets
- Computer with an internet connection
Single Room Services – A large air-conditioned room with basic amenities
- One patient cot
- Sofa cum bed for attendant
Deluxe Room Services – Well-furnished and air-conditioned that has all features of a single room and a few added features
- Large Rooms
- Electronic bed for patient
- Sofa cum bed for attendant
Semi-Private Room Services – Two Air-Conditioned rooms inter-connected by a washroom.
Each room is equipped with:
Twin Sharing Room Services – One air-conditioned room equipped with 2 beds separated by a screen and a washroom
A/C Multi Bed Unit Services – A kind of dormitory with 4 -6 beds and a common washroom; each bed is provided with a footstool, a screen between each bed and food trolley.
- Each bed is provided with:
- Food trolley
- Screen between two beds
A few other facilities offered by Apollo Hospital Group are:
- Food & Dietary Services: Based on the therapeutic needs of the patients, dieticians in the hospital will plan a diet for the former. The services include local specialities, Chinese and continental cuisine to meet the special dietary requirements.
- Intercontinental Food: The hospital also offers customized Continental and Intercontinental cuisine for the patients to suit their palate.
- Telecommunication Services: Indraprastha Apollo Hospital takes care of patients’ comfort and thus offer them access to national and international calls in their rooms.
- Interpretation Services: For swift and easy communication, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital provides a facility for translators and interpreters.
- Special Nurse: Indraprastha Apollo Hospital arranges for Special nurse services. An individual may contact Nursing Department for nursing facilities in homes.
- Laundry Services: Indraprastha Apollo Hospital arranges for laundry services for attendants, billing for which will be included in the final bill.
For visitors, there are certain guidelines that need to be followed. These include:
- The visiting hours for the multi-bedded wards are between 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
For ICUs the visiting hours are as follows:
- CTVS ICU 04:30 pm – 05:30 pm
- Other ICUs 05:30 pm – 06:30 pm
- Children below the age of 12 are not allowed to visit any patient.
- Food and flowers from outside in the hospital premises are prohibited.
Why should you choose Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi?
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital Delhi in the capital city of India is home to the most proficient doctors around the globe. They are pioneers in their respective fields. The hospital is well-known for its cross-cultural environment, state-of-the-art treatment, and high-quality healthcare at affordable prices.
- It has been ranked as the No.1 hospital in All India Lifestyle Hospital and Clinic ranking survey.
- It has emerged as the best hospital in North India across 5 departments.
- The hospital is the first hospital in India that has been internationally accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) for four times in a row.
In 2013, by WEEK-A C Nielsen, the hospital was ranked
- 6th best private hospital in India for Cardiology
- 8th best private hospital in India for Diabetology
- 4th best private hospital in India for Paediatrics
- Clinical excellence, hospitality & loving care, advanced technology and collaborative care are a few amongst the many reasons to choose Indraprastha Apollo Hospital.
Since its inauguration, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has been aiming at providing the state-of-the-art modern facility and latest medical technology to its patients. A few advanced technologies used as follows:
- 3 Tesla MRI
- 128 Slice CT scanner
- BrainLab Navigation System
- Cobalt-based HDR Brachytherapy
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System
- DSA Lab
- Hyperbaric Chamber
- Novalis Tx
- Portable CT Scanner
- Tilting MRI
Reviews for Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
Awards and Achievements:
Excellence is the epitome for Indraprastha Apollo Hospital. This is reflected in several fields in the hospital. Be it about infrastructure, services and technology or about the calibre and brilliance of the medical fraternity, It has excelled in every field. Mentioned below are a few of the many awards that have been bagged by Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals in recent for hosting unparalleled superiority.
FICCI – Medical Value Travel Awards (2018)
- Liver Transplant- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Delhi- Medical Value Travel Specialist Hospital
- Kidney Transplant- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Delhi- Medical Value Travel Specialist Hospital
Times Health Icons Ahmedabad (2018)
In the year 2018, Times Health Icons Ahmedabad recognized Apollo Hospitals, Ahmedabad as a Hub for Medical Tourism in Ahmedabad and Surat.
The hospital also bagged the number one position for providing clinical excellence in:
- Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery
Times All India Lifestyle Hospital and Clinic Ranking Survey (2018)
The Hospital has secured top 5 positions across the categories in the All India Lifestyle Hospital and Clinic Ranking Survey conducted by Times Health Survey in the year 2018.
HMA Awards (2018)
Apollo Hospitals from various locations have bagged different HMA awards in the following categories:
Community Involvement Project
- Gold Award Winner: Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi – Compassion Courage Hope- Rebuilding Livelihood
Facility Management and Financial Improvement Projects
- Excellence Award: Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi – P2P – From Panic to Peace-Clinical Alarm Safety Campaign
Mobile and Online Services Project
- Gold Award Winner: Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi – Uberization of Patient Transportation
Hospital CEO of the Year
- Excellence Award: Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi – Apollo Ring of Care
Times All India Multispecialty Hospitals Ranking Survey (2018)
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi along with Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals bagged the top 2 positions in the All India Multi-Specialty Hospital Survey 2018 conducted by Times Health Survey.
Accreditations and Certifications:
Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd is one of the most reputed healthcare providers in the country that sets a perfect example in its field by providing clinical excellence and the highest standards of safety and hygiene. Being a provider of such top class healthcare facilities, the hospital in Delhi – Indraprastha Apollo Hospital holds the below mentioned accreditations and certifications from the following institutes and organizations:
- Joint Commission International (JCI)
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd also offers various academic courses under the accreditation of:
- National Board of Examinations (NBE)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
Address and Contact of Apollo Hospital, Delhi:
Apollo Hospitals Delhi is named ‘Indraprastha Apollo Hospital’. Apollo Hospitals group also offers its services in Delhi NCR (Noida) at Apollo Hospitals. The group also offers its facilities in 24 other cities in India.
Address: Chennai – Delhi Highway, Mathura Rd, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110076
Contacts: 1860 500 1066
The Hospital cares for its patients and their families. Thus, for them it offers:
- Blood bank
- Emergency Service
- 24X7 Pharmacy
- Money Exchange Service
- Travel Desk
- Prayer Room
- Laundry Room
- Food Court
- Cloak Room
- Valet Parking
- Communication Centre
- Gift Shop
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals has been consistently matching the highest standards of healthcare delivery across the world. Their efforts have always made them shine in the news. Recently, Delhi has been in news for:
- successfully performing a highly complicated liver transplant on a 5-month-old baby girl who was diagnosed with Budd Chiari syndrome
- performing successful open-heart surgery on a 6-month-old Kenyan baby diagnosed with Taussig-Bing anomaly, a rare heart defect
- successfully carrying out a complicated kidney transplant on a 45-year old man
The procedure was complicated as it was the patient’s third kidney transplant and the donor & receiver were ABO incompatible.
- successfully performing a Split Liver Transplant in two adults, the first time in Delhi and second time India