Hyocimax tablet is one of the effective medicines that help in treating excessive pain in the stomach, bowel syndrome, and more. Different types of cramps in an individual can be cured using Hyocimax 10 mg tablet. This medicine is majorly prescribed in those who are suffering from sickness due to motions. It aids in diminishing the production of saliva after some complicated surgeries. One can use this medicine either orally or intravenously. In some cases, people use this medicine in the form of dermal patches. Hyocimax is an anticholinergic agent that treats muscle cramps in the intestines and stomach. Zydus Cadila manufactures the Hyocimax tablet. Hyoscine butylbromide is an active ingredient present in Hyocimax medicine.
Uses & Benefits of Hyocimax:
Here are some of the major benefits of Hyocimax 10 mg tablet that aids in treating a variety of diseases, symptoms, and other health conditions. Check out the uses of Hyocimax tablet listed below:
- Treats ulcers in the stomach
- Cures gastrointestinal tract spasms
- Reduces the sickness that usually causes during travel
- Ability to treat pain and discomfort related to the grumpy bowel syndrome
- Diminishes the menstrual pains
- Helps in treating Genito-urinary tract spasm
- Aids in curing the pain usually witnessed in the pyloric area of the stomach especially in infants
- Treats the cramps in urethra and bladder
- Cures eye inflammation and intestine inflammation
- Reduces the secretion of saliva during major surgeries
- Helps in treating seasickness
- Reduces vomiting sensation and nausea
- Cures Esophageal Spasm
- Reduces the sensation of dizziness and drowsiness
- Ability to treat renal spasms
Side Effects of Hyocimax:
Usually, for every medicine, there could be some side effects due to the ingredients present in those tablets. Similarly, whenever you intake Hyocimax tablet, you might witness some side effects. They could be severe or mild in some situations. If the side effects are extremely complicated, try to consult your doctor immediately. Check out some of the major, moderate, and minor side effects of Hyocimax tablet as listed below:
- Mouth becomes dry
- Heart rate becomes sluggish
- Skin turns dry
- Increased thirst
- Diminished bronchial secretions
- Urination becomes arduous
- Pupil Dilatation
- A headache
- Throat becomes dry
- Postural hypotension
- Vision becomes blurred
These are some of the commonly caused side effects of Hyocimax tablet as listed below. If you confront any of the side effects, immediately contact your physician as soon as possible. The doctor might change the prescription or simply make dosage adjustments.
Common Dosages of Hyocimax:
The dosage of Hyocimax tablet depends on the age, health condition, and severity of the disease in the patients. Hyocimax tablet works as an oral and parenteral medicine that can be taken in different forms. Based on the health condition of an individual, the physician will prescribe the dosage and the time duration for this medicine. Try to intake this tablet at a standard time on a daily basis.
If in case, you missed the dosage of this tablet, try to consume it soon whenever you remember. If the time is closer to the subsequent dosage, you can simply skip the missed dosage. In case, if you take an overdose of this medicine then, it might show some adverse effects on the patients. One should not consume a double dosage of Hyocimax. In such a situation, try to consult your doctor immediately.
Composition and Nature of Hyocimax:
In Hyocimax medicine, Hyoscine butyl bromide acts as a major active ingredient or salt composition. The composition of this ingredient in the Hyocimax tablet is 10 mg. This ingredient works by soothing the smooth muscles and blocking gastrointestinal secretions. The package of this medicine comprises 10 tablets. There is only single strength in this tablet i.e., 10 mg.
How to Use Hyocimax?
The patients need to use this Hyocimax tablet based on the dosage and time duration prescribed by the doctor. Just consume this medicine as a whole instead of chewing or breaking the tablet. One can intake the Hyocimax tablet before food or after food. However, try to maintain a specific time for using this medicine on a regular basis.
How does Hyocimax work?
Hyocimax medicine is an anticholinergic medication that works by soothing the muscles present within the intestines and the stomach of an individual. This medicine has the ability to hinder the abrupt contractions of the muscles. This, in turn, relieves muscle pain, discomfort, and other serious health conditions.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Hyocimax?
Here are some of the related warnings and precautions that every individual must follow before using Hyocimax tablet:
- The Hyocimax medication might cause immense drowsiness in those who intake alcohol simultaneously.
- It is not safe to use Hyocimax tablet at the time of pregnancy. It might show some adverse reactions to the fetus of pregnant women.
- There is no risk in the children even if you intake this medicine while breastfeeding.
- In some cases, the Hyocimax tablet might make the person dizzy or drowsy. In such situations, it is not at all recommended to drive a vehicle or operate some heavy machinery.
- People who are suffering from kidney diseases should be cautious before using Hyocimax tablet.
- It is also advisable for the patients who are suffering from liver diseases to remain cautious while consuming Hyocimax tablet. Try to consult your physician and ask them to make the dosage adjustments for your medicine.
- Never intake Hyocimax tablet if you have allergic reactions to Hyoscine ingredient present in this tablet.
- At the time of using this medication, it is recommended to stop using this medicine.
- If you have a history of heart diseases then, contact your physician before using Hyocimax tablet.
- The patients should not take this medicine in bigger or smaller proportions than the prescribed amounts.
- If you confront any of the side effects, get immediate medical assistance
- Make sure that you finish the complete course of treatment as prescribed by the doctor.
- Never stop using this medication until contacting your physician.
- Try to tell your doctor regarding the allergic conditions and the current list of medications you use.
- Try to evade the consumption of alcohol while using this tablet
- Don’t miss or take overdosage of this medicine.
Substitutes for Hyocimax:
Here are some of the alternatives to Hyocimax tablet as listed below:
- Xspas 10mg Tablet [Manufactured by Prescription Medicines Pvt Limited]
- Spaslin H 10mg Tablet [Manufactured by Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- SMS-H 10mg Tablet [Manufactured by Sigman Wellness]
- Hyoswift 10mg Tablet [Manufactured by Ind Swift Laboratories Limited]
- Gastreco 10mg Tablet [Manufactured by Taurus Laboratories Pvt Limited]
- Buscopan 10mg Tablet [Manufactured by Zydus Cadila]
- Buscogast Tablet [Manufactured by Sanofi India Limited]
- Belloid 10mg Tablet [Manufactured by Inga Laboratories Pvt Limited]
Hyocimax Interactions with Other Drugs:
Sometimes you need to take medication for treating some of your diseases. At the same time, if you intake Hyocimax tablet then, it could become a drug interaction. Similarly, the interactions of Hyocimax tablets happen with the food, diseases, and lab tests as well. In order to evade this issue, you need to inform your doctor regarding the medications that you use currently. Check out some of the major and minor interactions of the Hyocimax tablet as listed below.
Drug or Medicine Interactions
Check out the commonly interacted drugs or medicines while using Hyocimax tablet:
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Nitroglycerin / Glyceryl Trinitrate
Here are some of the major disease interactions with the Hyocimax tablet as listed below:
Cardiovascular Disease: One must intake this tablet with utmost caution if you have a history of cardiovascular disease due to the enhanced danger of complicated side effects. Some of the adverse effects include decreased blood pressure, dizziness, abnormal heart rate, breathing problems, drowsiness, and more. Such patients must use this medication under the guidance of doctors.
Intestinal Obstruction: If you have any history of intestinal blockage then, it is not advisable to use the Hyocimax tablet. Try to inform the same to your doctor so that he or she might change the tablet and prescribe an alternative to it.
There is no information on whether this medicine interacts with the food and lab tests or not. The patients need to contact their physician and discuss all the potential interactions of the medicines that they intake.
Check out some of the commonly asked questions about the Hyocimax tablet that aids in treating the cramps in different parts of the body in the patients. Have a look!
Ans: No, it is not safe to intake alcohol at the time of using Hyocimax medicine. It might show some adverse reactions to the patients.
Ans: People who are suffering from the following disease conditions are not allowed to intake Hyocimax medicine:
Acute narrow-angle glaucoma
Paralytic or Obstructive Ileus
Ans: This tablet works by relaxing the smooth muscles present in the stomach and intestines. It also works by soothing the muscles in the urinary tract and reducing the pain in an individual.
Ans: It depends on the health condition and the dosage consumed by the patient.
Ans: No, even if you intake this medicine on a frequent basis, it doesn’t become an addiction.
Ans: No, it is not safe to consume Hyocimax tablets at the time of pregnancy.
Ans: Consult your doctor regarding the same before using this medication.
Ans: Usually, this medicine works in an effective manner and witnesses the improvement in the patient in just 3 days.
Ans: One can intake Hyocimax tablet either before food or after food. It depends on the prescription given by the doctor.
Ans: In case, if you feel dizzy, sleepy, or drowsy then, it is advised to avoid driving a vehicle or operating some heavy machinery. It might lead to an accident due to drowsiness in the patient. Try to rest for a while after consuming this medication.
Ans: The patients need to store this medicine at room temperature away from the direct sunlight and kids.
Ans: No, Hyocimax is not anti-histamine.