Himalaya Septilin is an herbal medicine that helps in protecting patients against allergic conditions, cough, cold, sore throat, and some other health conditions. People who have low immunity levels can use Septilin syrup. If you are infected by a sore throat on a frequent basis then, it indicates that you have a low immunity body system. The Septilin syrup has the ability to boost up the strength and immunity levels in an individual. Once to intake this medicine, it strengthens your immune system from external and internal conditions. It is a herbal medication available in all pharmacy stores. This tablet stimulates the killer cells in the body and increases the immune system.
Uses & Benefits of Himalaya Septilin:
Himalaya Septilin syrup can be used for treating, preventing, controlling, and improving various disease conditions and symptoms. We have listed out some of the benefits and uses of Septilin syrup:
- Fights against Fever: Septilin medicine has a limited number of antipyretic properties. It renders excellent compatibility with different ayurvedic remedies. It has the ability to reduce the fever related symptoms in most of the people.
- Cures a Sore throat: This medicine has the ability to reduce a sore throat in the patient through its anti-inflammatory properties. In some situations, this medicine treats a sore throat alone. But, if your condition is critical then, it might be treated alongside the Gandhak Rasayan and Yashad Bhasma.
- Boils and Carbuncles: Septilin is a herbal medication. Hence, it comprises of several herbs that act as an anti-inflammatory and comprises of numerous healing properties. This medicine has the capability to prevent the reversion of boils and carbuncles.
- Treats Bronchitis: Himalaya Septilin is a great medication that diminishes the quantity of saliva or sputum. You need not have to spit the saliva on a frequent basis. Moreover, this medicine lessens the mucus density and evades the effect of additional respiratory tract related infections. By using this medicine for about 2 months on a frequent basis then, it enhances the serum levels in the body.
- Recovers Immunity Levels: The immunity levels in the patients will be increased through this medicine. This medicine offers antioxidant action in the patient that in turn cures the infections. As Septilin medicine is an immunity booster, it enhances the antibody-producing cell levels in the body. As a result, it gathers the resistance power against different kinds of infections. It is the best medicine for those who are suffering from respiratory related tract infections and sore throat.
- Phagocytosis Stimulus: Himalaya Septilin energizes the white blood cells in the body that flows in the bloodstream. It combats against the infections by stimulating Phagocytosis. It is a perfect medication in providing anti-infection therapies to the patients.
Some other uses of Septilin syrup include the following:
- Treats whenever the stomach is upset
- Lessens the high cholesterol levels
- Cures diseases such as gout, Hepatitis, Lymphoma, Diabetes and more
- Treats various fungal infections
- Prevents allergic rhinitis
- Lessens oxidative stress
Side Effects of Himalaya Septilin:
When the Septilin syrup is consumed, you might confront some of the potential side effects. Some of the side effects listed below might be severe is mild in some people. Once you are affected by any of these side effects, you need to contact your doctor immediately. Check out some of the likely occurred side effects listed below:
- Abnormal Menstruations
- Increased blood pressure
- Decreased Potassium Levels in the body
- Skin Rashes
- Gastric problems
If you experience any of the side effects listed in this post, don’t neglect them and consult your health physician as soon as possible.
Common Dosage of Himalaya Septilin:
The Septilin syrup is available in two forms i.e., a tablet and as a syrup.
The dosage of Septilin drops is given below:
- For the kids whose age ranges between 6 months and 1 year then, the dosage is 3 ml two times per day
- For 1 to 2 years of kids, the dosage must be 3.5 ml twice in a day
- The age of kids ranging between 2 and 3 years should be 4 ml twice a day
- For the kids whose age ranges between 3 and 4 years, the dosage must be 4 ml two times per day
- For 4 to 5 years of kids, the dosage should be 5 ml twice per day
The dosage of Septilin syrup is given below:
- For the children, the dosage should be 1 to 2 teaspoons in a day for about 3 times
- For adults, the dosage should be 2 teaspoons thrice per day
In the Septilin syrup, there is high sugar content which is not advisable for people suffering from diabetes. Hence, people with Diabetes need to intake Septilin tablets rather than syrup consumption. The dosage for the adults must be twice a day to fight against the disease conditions such as inflammation, sore throat, and more. Some of the medicinal properties of the Septilin syrup include antioxidant, less antipyretic, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and more. Before consuming this syrup, it is advisable for all the patients to contact a doctor regarding their symptoms.
In case, if you miss the daily routine dosage then, you can intake it before the next dosage time. You can simply skip the missed dose and proceed with the subsequent dosage. In case, if you take overdosage of this medicine, then it might enhance the side effects in the patients. If you experience any of the symptoms and side effects, try to consult your doctor immediately.
Composition and Nature of Himalaya Septilin:
The major active ingredients used in the Septilin tablet include Licorice, Indian Bdellium, and Tinospora Gulancha. These ingredients offer the best anti-inflammatory properties, antimicrobial, and immunostimulation to patients suffering from the common cold and cough. The fundamental ingredients like the powders and extracts used in Septilin medicine have been listed below:
The powders that are used as active ingredients in Septilin tablet include Shankh Bhasma [64 mg] and Guggulu – Balsamodendron Mukul [324 mg]. The remaining extracts of the Septilin tablet include Mulethi (Yashtimadhu) – Licorice, Glycyrrhiza Glabra [12 mg], Maharasnadi Kwath [130 mg], Shigru (Drumstick) – Moringa Pterygosperma [32 mg], Tinospora (Guduchi) – Tinospora Cordifolia [98 mg], Amla (Amalaki) Indian Gooseberry(Phyllanthus Emblica) [32 mg] and Manjistha – Rubia Cordifolia [64 mg].
For the Septilin syrup, the composition and the active ingredients used include the following:
Guggulu – Balsamodendron Mukul [80 mg] is a powder that is included in major proportions in the Septilin syrup. Mulethi (Yashtimadhu) – Licorice, Glycyrrhiza Glabra [6 mg], Maharasnadi Kwath [30 mg], Trikatu [13 mg], Tinospora (Guduchi) – Tinospora Cordifolia [14 mg], Amla Indian Gooseberry [8 mg] and Manjistha – Rubia Cordifolia [15 mg] are used as active ingredients in the Septilin syrup.
How to Use Himalaya Septilin?
One can use the Septilin syrup at least two times a day. The dosage depends on the age and the condition of the patient suffering from throat infection and other health conditions.
How does Himalaya Septilin work?
The major ingredients in the Septilin syrup include Maharasnadi Kwath, Trikatu, Amla, Balsamodendron Mukul, and more. Through the active composition of all these ingredients, the working procedure of Septilin syrup is quite good.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Himalaya Septilin?
The health physician must and should discuss the current list of medications prior to using Septilin medicine. You need to tell your doctor regarding the vitamins, supplements, and other herbal products that you use currently. However, the doctor must and should follow some specific precautions before using this medication. Follow the precautions listed below:
- Try to keep a track on the glucose levels in the blood on a regular basis
- Women who are planning to become pregnant or already pregnant should be careful
- People who are breastfeeding their kids should be away from this medication.
Substitutes for Himalaya Septilin:
Check out some of the alternatives to the Himalaya Septilin syrup:
- Triphala Powder
- Sitopladi Churna
Himalaya Septilin Interactions:
If you intake the Septilin syrup alongside some other medication then, it might become an interaction with the original medication. In such a situation, the medicines might show influence on the Septilin syrup and don’t let it work properly. Try to consult your doctor regarding the current list of medications that you use for other disease conditions. Check out some of the drug interactions listed below:
Whenever you are consuming the Septilin syrup, you should not use the medicines for hypersensitivity and infants. It could become a contradiction to the actual Septilin medicine.
Some people might have doubts about the Septilin syrup in some patients. Here are some of the commonly asked questions related to the Septilin syrup:
1) Is Septilin an antibiotic?
Ans: No, the Septilin syrup is not antibiotic medication.
2) What are the side effects of Septilin?
Ans: Some of the major and minor side effects of Septilin syrup include increased blood pressure, skin rashes, weakness, fatigue, and more.
3) Can a Pregnant Women Intake the Septilin Syrup?
Ans: There is some harm if pregnant women consume Septilin syrup. It might show some massive impact on the fetus of the women.
4) Is it safe to consume Septilin while breastfeeding?
Ans: As the kids are given milk from their mothers, the breastfeeding women should not intake the syrup.
5) Can I Intake this syrup after food or before food?
Ans: One can consume this syrup after the consumption of food.
6) How long does it take for the Septilin Tablet to Show its Impact on the patient?
Ans: Usually, it requires at least a week or more for this medicine to show its impact on the patient suffering from allergic conditions.
7) What is the frequency of using this syrup?
Ans: One can intake this syrup at least two times a day.
8) Can I Drive a Vehicle after using this medicine?
Ans: Yes, it is absolutely safe and secure to drive a vehicle even after consuming the Septilin syrup for reducing sore throat infections.
9) Is it safe to operate heavy machinery while using Septilin Syrup?
Ans: There is no risk of side effects even if you intake the syrup before operating some heavy machinery.
10) Is this medicine addictive?
Ans: Some of the medicines might be addictive. However, the Himalaya Septilin syrup is not an addictive medicine.
11) Can I Use Septilin for Cough?
Ans: Septilin can be used to treat a cough. It is an immunomodulator that enhances the defense mechanism and immunity levels in an individual. The Septilin syrup also helps in treating various chronic infections. It is quite beneficial to treat chronic cough and asthma in an individual using the Septilin syrup.