Hifenac MR Tablet is the best medication that aids in treating stiffness that causes due to the strain in muscles and sprains. It also reduces muscle pain and arthritis diseases in some people. This medicine comprises various active ingredients that include Aceclofenac, Paracetamol, and Chlorzoxazone. Through the active composition of these ingredients, the manufacturers make this Hifenac MR medicine. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug medication that relieves pain and inflammation in some people. The pain increases in people if they are suffering from various health conditions that include menstrual pain, muscular pain, Osteoarthritis, and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited manufactures Hifenac MR medicine.
Uses & Benefits of Hifenac MR:
There are plenty of benefits to using the Hifenac MR Tablet that treats a variety of diseases, symptoms, and other health conditions. Check out the uses of Hifenac MR listed below:
People who have the below-given diseases and disorders can use Hifenac medicine:
- A headache
- Pain in the Ear
- Menstrual Pain
- Muscle Pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Pain in muscles
- Pain in Teeth
Side Effects of Hifenac MR:
One who intakes the Hifenac MR Tablet might come across some potential side effects. Some of the side effects might be severe and mild based on the dosage and the health condition of the individual. We have listed some of the side effects related to Hifenac MR Medicine.
- Pain in Stomach
- Loss of hunger
- Skin Rashes
- A headache
These are the commonly caused side effects in those who intake the Hifenac MR medicine. Once you experience any of the side effects, you need to consult your doctor immediately. If you neglect it, you may have to face some complicated adverse effects.
Common Dosage of Hifenac MR:
If you are suffering from pain in muscles and arthritis then, the doctor will prescribe the dosage for this medicine. The doctor prescribes the tablet dosage based on the condition and age of the patient.
If you miss the dose then, try to take it soon after remembering it. In case, if the time is for the subsequent dose then, you need to skip the missed dosage.
In case, if you intake overdosage of the Hifenac MR Medicine then, it might lead to some critical side effects. Some of them include skin rashes, chest pain, vision becoming blurred and confused. In such a condition, you must consult your doctor immediately.
Composition and Nature of Hifenac MR:
Hifenac MR Tablet comprises different active ingredients in a variety of compositions. Some of them include 100 mg of Aceclofenac, 325 mg of Acetaminophen or Paracetamol, and 500 mg of Chlorzoxazone.
The active ingredients play a key role in reducing the pain and inflammation in the patients. Aceclofenac helps in diminishing inflammation. This drug falls under the group of NSAIDs drug.
Paracetamol helps in giving relief from the pains such as a headache, toothache, pain in the ear, and periodic pain. Chlorzoxazone aids in enhancing the muscle movement in the patient.
How to Use Hifenac MR?
One can intake this medication based on the dosage prescribed by the doctor. The time duration and the dosage for this medicine depend on the age and the health condition of the patient. As it is an oral medication, one must intake this medicine through the mouth. Never chew or break down the tablet.
How does Hifenac MR Tablet work?
The Hifenac MR medicine is a blend of two active ingredients as Acetaminophen and Aceclofenac & Paracetamol alongside Chlorzoxazone. These are the ingredients that reduce the pain in individuals who are suffering from Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and more. These pain-relieving medicines block the discharge of specific chemical messengers present in the brain which is the major reason behind the occurrence of pain and swelling in the patient. The Hifenac MR medicine is a muscle relaxant that works on the parts of the brain and the spinal cord. This, in turn, relieves the spasm, stiffness of the muscle, and other pains in the person. This tablet works in the best way by enhancing the movement of a muscle in the patient.
When Not to Use Hifenac MR?
If you have the following diseases then, you can stop using this medication:
- One who is suffering from ulcers and stomach bleeding should avoid Hifenac MR Tablet.
- The women who are currently pregnant or planning to become pregnant should not intake this medication.
- It is not advisable for the breastfeeding woman to intake this tablet.
- People who are suffering from increased blood pressure and blood clot problems should avoid this medicine.
- One who is suffering from various liver and kidney disorders should stop the consumption of Hifenac MR Medicine.
Contradictions to Hifenac MR Tablet:
There are some contradictions with Hifenac MR Medicine. We have listed some of the medicines that become a contradiction to painkiller medicine:
- Asthma conditions
- Acute Rhinitis
- Ulcer conditions
- Hepatic Impairment
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Hifenac MR Tablet?
Prior to the intake of Hifenac MR Tablet, you need to contact your doctor and understand the precautions for using this medication. The patients must and should discuss their diseases, allergic conditions and other health conditions with the health physician. Try to inform your doctor regarding the medications list that you use currently. Based on your health condition, your doctor will prescribe the dosage of medicine. Check out the precautions listed below:
- Try to evade the consumption of alcohol or other contradictory medications
- Don’t drive or operate some heavy machinery
- Don’t intake the medicine if you have allergic reactions to the Paracetamol tablet
- If you consume alcohol on a daily basis then, don’t intake Paracetamol
- People suffering from Gastro-intestinal disorders should avoid this medication
- People who have a history of gastro ulceration and other allergies shouldn’t use this medicine
- If you have recovered from any surgery, don’t use this tablet
- If you intake alcohol alongside the active ingredients present in the Hifenac MR tablet, it may cause damage to the liver.
- It may not be safe to intake Hifenac MR Medicine when you are pregnant. It might cause an adverse effect on the fetus of pregnant women.
- There is no information regarding the usage of Hifenac MR Tablet at the time of lactation. However, consult your health physician about the same.
- It is not at all safe to drive a vehicle after using this medicine.
- People who are suffering from kidney diseases should use this medication with utmost caution.
- The patients who have a history of liver disease should be cautious before using Hifenac MR Medicine.
If you explain your current list of medicines then, the doctor will make certain adjustments to your dosage.
Substitutes for Hifenac MR:
There are numerous alternatives to Hifenac medicine as listed below:
- Truace MR Tablet
- Flextab MR 100 mg/325 mg/500 mg Tablet
- Dolostat MR 100 mg/325 mg/500 mg Tablet
- Arflur-MR Tablet
- Alock MR 100 mg/325 mg/500 mg Tablet
- Aceclo-MR Tablet
Hifenac MR Tablet Interactions with Other Drugs:
If you consume this medicine alongside some other foods and medications then, it could become a drug interaction. Check out some of the disease interactions and drug interactions listed below:
- If you are suffering from Asthma then, it is not advised to intake Hifenac MR Medicine. Whenever you find such interaction then, consult your doctor immediately.
- People who are suffering from Gastro-intestinal toxicity should be avoided as it could cause some side effects in the patients. If you use this medicine then, it could lead to chronic indigestion and other side effects.
- If you are suffering from kidney disease then, you should take the Hifenac medicine only after contacting your health physician. One must keep a track on the functionality of kidneys once you begin using the Hifenac MR Medicine.
- Whenever you intake alcohol with this medicine then, it could drive to some other major symptoms that include stomach bleeding, blood during a cough and stools.
There is no information regarding the risk of food interactions and lab interactions.
Check out some of the drug interactions with Hifenac MR Medicine as listed below:
Check out the commonly asked questions related to the Hifenac MR Medicine as listed below:
1) Can I Intake Alcohol along with the Hifenac MR Medicine?
Ans: If you consume alcohol alongside Hifenac MR Tablet then, it might become a side effect to the patients. It is not recommended to intake alcohol whilst using this medication.
2) Is it safe to use Hifenac MR Medicine at the time of Pregnancy?
Ans: It is not safe to intake the medication at the time of pregnancy. However, it is advisable to consult a doctor prior to using this medicine.
3) Can I Consume Hifenac MR Tablet whilst breastfeeding?
Ans: There is no information about whether it is safe or not to intake the medication while breastfeeding. Contact your doctor regarding the consumption of this medicine to evade adverse effects.
4) Is it Safe to Drive a Vehicle while consuming Hifenac MR?
Ans: It is not at all recommended to drive a vehicle after using Hifenac MR Medicine. Whenever you intake this medication, it might cause drowsiness and dizziness in the patients. In such a condition, it is dangerous to drive a vehicle. One may not be able to focus on driving at that time.
5) Will Hifenac MR gives relief from the cold?
Ans: The Hifenac MR Medicine aids in reducing muscle pain. It is not a medicine to treat cold in patients. For treating cold, you need to use some other medications.
6) What if you intake an expired Hifenac MR?
Ans: If you consume an expired dosage of Hifenac MR Tablet, it might become dangerous to the patients. It might show adverse side effects on the individual.
7) Will the Hifenac MR Tablet becomes Addictive?
Ans: No, even if you consume this medication on a frequent basis, it doesn’t become addictive to the patient. In general, the addictive drugs are classified into H and X and schedule 2 to 5 in the United States. It is advised to read the information present on the package.
8) Is it Safe to intake Hifenac MR Tablet for relieving Toothache?
Ans: In fact, Hifenac MR medicine can be used for the purpose of relieving the pain and inflammation in people suffering from muscle cramps and arthritis. This medicine comprises Paracetamol as an active ingredient. This particular ingredient reduces tooth pain in an individual.
9) Which countries have given approval for Hifenac MR Tablet?
Ans: The Hifenac MR Medicine has received approval to use it in countries such as India and Japan.