While modern medicine has made it extremely convenient to treat and prevent diseases with the ingestion of a few pills, there is such a thing as popping one too many pills. Taking a lot of pills for various ailments might relieve the symptoms of the associated illness but could cause a host of other problems as well. Also, the more medicines you take at the same time, the higher are the chances of adverse drug interactions taking place in your body. Therefore, medication nowadays comes with multiple benefits and is able to treat more than one disease at a time. HCQS 200 is one such medication.
HCQS 200 MG Tablet is the abbreviated form of hydroxychloroquine sulfate, and it is primarily an antimalarial agent. It is manufactured by Ipca Laboratories Ltd and is available as an over-the-counter product in nations across the globe. A valid prescription from a physician or a medical expert is mandatory for purchasing the HCQS 200 MG Tablet. Use of HCQS by an adult is safe and it can also be administered to children after proper adjustment of the dose according to the medical condition as well as the severity of the condition of the child.
Uses & Benefits of HCQS:
The HCQS 200 MG Tablet is used for the prevention and/or treatment of the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: this condition is an autoimmune illness which is known to affect several joints of the patient’s body. Rheumatoid arthritis is characterized by swollen joints and is observed due to the attack of the immune system on its own cells.
- Lupus arthritis: this type of arthritis is more commonly observed in the patient’s shoulder or knees, but it can affect any joint of the body. It is caused due to inflammation of the joints, and common symptoms include pain and stiffness that can inhibit movement of the patient.
- Malaria: malaria is caused due to the Plasmodium parasite, which is transmitted through the bite of the mosquito. The most common symptoms of malaria include fever, vomiting, headache and chronic fatigue.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: it is also a type of autoimmune disease caused due to the immune system attacking its own tissues. It is an incurable condition, but treatment can help alleviate the majority of its symptoms.
Side Effects of HCQS:
Taking medicine may sometimes induce unexpected reactions in the body. Some of the possible side effects that patients may experience due to the consumption of the HCQS 200 MG Tablet are mentioned as follows:
- Blurred vision, inability to see clearly
- Weakness in the muscles
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Acute headache
- Partial or total loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Bleaching of hair
- Skin complications like rashes and redness
- Nervousness, jitters
- Dizziness, a chronic state of fugue/confusion
- Sore throat
In case the patient is allergic to one or more components of the HCQS 200 MG Tablet, they may experience allergic reactions that may manifest themselves as any number of side effects. Should such a situation present itself, it is highly recommended to immediately consult a physician.
Common Dosages of HCQS:
The HCQS 200 MG Tablet must only be consumed according to the dose prescribed by a doctor or a medical expert. For best results, try to take the HCQS at the same time each day, preferably with food.
The dose of the HCQS 200 MG Tablet for every patient depends on the medical condition of the patient as well as the associated severity of the said condition. Also, other factors like age, medical history, gender as well as any other pre-existing conditions also affect the prescribed dose for the patient.
Composition and Nature of HCQS:
By nature, the HCQS 200 MG Tablet is an antimalarial agent. An antimalarial agent is a drug or a chemical compound used to treat the symptoms of malaria. These agents function by terminating the malaria parasite present in the patient’s blood, which helps relieve the symptoms of malaria.
The main active ingredient of the HCQS 200 MG Tablet is hydroxychloroquine, which is a chemical compound found to be highly effective in the treatment of certain types of malaria. It is primarily employed for patients suffering from chloroquine-sensitive malaria, but also administered to patients with conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus as well as porphyria cutanea tarda (PCT). It is usually administered orally to patients.
How HCQS 200 MG Tablet Works?
The HCQS 200 MG Tablet works by inhibiting the survival of the Plasmodium parasite inside the body of the patient. This is possible due to the presence of the compound hydroxychloroquine in the medicine, which attacks the parasite present in the bloodstream of the patient, thereby killing it as well as preventing further growth. This helps alleviate the symptoms of malaria.
In cases of diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and/or lupus, the hydroxychloroquine present in the medicine helps to eliminate the inflammation of the joints to help treat the symptoms of those autoimmune diseases, thereby making the joints functional again.
Precautions and Warning – When to avoid HCQS 200 MG Tablet?
- Prolonged use of the HCQS 200 MG Tablet causes lowering of the glucose levels in the blood, causing hypoglycemia. Consult your doctor about your body’s susceptibility to hypoglycemia and take preventive measures in advance.
- While using HCQS 200 MG Tablet is safe for lactating women, pregnant women must use the tablet with caution, only after thorough consultation with their gynaecologist. In lactating women, the chemicals of the medicine do not affect the quality as well as the composition of the breast milk in any way whatsoever.
- Since the use of the HCQS 200 MG Tablet causes blurred vision and fatigue, driving after taking the medicine is not recommended.
- Patients with a history of liver and/or kidney problems must use the HCQS with caution.
Substitutes for HCQS:
Possible alternatives of the HCQS 200 MG Tablet with more or less the same composition can serve as viable substitutes. Some of them are:
- Cartiquin 200 mg tablet – manufactured by Overseas Health Care
- OXCQ 200 mg tablet – manufactured by Wallace
- QMRD 200 mg tablet – manufactured by Alembic
- HAD Q 200 mg tablet – Life Sciences
- Hikem 200 mg tablet – Oscar Remedies
- HQTOR 200 mg tablet – manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Auto Q 200 mg tablet – manufactured by Regenix Drugs Ltd