Grilinctus BM cough syrup is used for treating bronchitis, breathing problems, sinusitis, respiratory issues, asphyxia, obstructive airway sickness, and other medical conditions. The cough syrup also treats asthma, emphysema, and COPD. Grilinctus BM cough syrup is manufactured in India by Franco Indian Remedies.
|Nature||Cough relieving syrup|
|Composition||Terbutaline and Bromhexine|
|Uses||Bronchitis, sinusitis, asphyxia, breathing problems, asthma, COPD and cough.|
|Side Effects||Nausea, indigestion, tremor, sweating, skin rash, increased heart rate, and palpitations.|
|Precautions||People suffering from lung infection, breathing difficulty, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease should avoid this medicine.|
Uses and Benefits Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup:
Grilinctus BM expectorant is used to prevent, treat, control, and improve the below-mentioned diseases, symptoms, and conditions:
- Breathing difficulty
- Preterm labor
- Obstructive airway diseases
Side-Effects of Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup:
Grilinctus BM cough syrup may cause the following side effects.
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects which may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Muscle cramps
- Severe dizziness
- Severe weakness
- Trouble in breathing
Common Dosage of Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup:
One must follow the duration and dosage as prescribed by the doctor while taking Grilinctus BM cough syrup. It’s important to check the directions mentioned in the label for safe use. Shake the bottle prior to use, measure the dose using the measuring cup before consumption. The syrup can be taken before or after meal, but it is advised to be taken at the same time every day.
- Missed Dose: In case the dose of Grilinctus BM Cough Syrupis missed, it is advised to take the missed dose as soon as it is remembered. In case it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, one should take the scheduled dose on time and skip the missed dose.
- Overdose: In case the patient has taken an overdose of Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup, it is important to consult the doctor immediately to prevent possible side effects and discomfort. Consulting a doctor is especially important if the patient experiences any discomfort after overdosing on the medicine.
Composition And Nature of Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup:
Grilinctus BM is composed of two main active ingredients:
- Bromhexine, and
- Terbutaline Sulphate
This syrup is available in high and low strengths for each of the two active ingredients.
Bromhexine is a secretolytic, which increases mucus secretion inside the respiratory tract. It makes phlegm thin and less viscous, making it easy to be moved out of the lungs. Bromhexine is added to cough syrups so that it relieves patients suffering from broncho-pulmonary diseases.
Terbutaline is used to cure short-term asthma and serves as a rapid-acting bronchodilator. It helps in relaxing and widening the airways.
The presence of these two ingredients together makes breathing comfortable.
Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup Related Warnings / Precautions:
Patients are advised to consult the doctor before administering Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup in case of the following health conditions. If any of the symptoms prolong for more than a fortnight, seek immediate medical attention.
- Allergy: It is advised to stop taking the medicine if one is allergic to Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup or similar drugs.
- Alcohol: It is advised to limit consumption of alcoholic beverages during the administration of this medicine.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Pregnant and lactating females are advised to consume the syrup only after consulting the doctor as the syrup can cause harmful side effects to the foetus or the baby.
- Driving and operating heavy machinery: The patient should avoid driving and operating heavy machinery post consumption of this cough syrup. If dizziness or other symptoms that hamper their state of mind and concentration are experienced, the doctor should be consulted.
Kidney and Liver-Related Disorders: People suffering from any form of kidney disease or liver-related disorders must be cautious while consuming Grilinctus BM. It is important to consult the doctor about the condition.
- In case of skin lesions or other allergic reactions develop, it is important to consult the doctor immediately.
- It is advisable to consume the syrup as per the prescribed dose. One should not discontinue the syrup abruptly as it may cause the illness to return.
It is important to check the syrup packaging as any kind of discolouration or tampering may indicate an expired product which should not be consumed.
It is important to tell the doctor about any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases before starting the treatment of Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup.
Substitutes of Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup:
Below mentioned are a few substitutes/alternatives for Grilinctus BM :
- Kuff X Tablet – By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Etoxin B Tablet – By Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd
- Etoxin B Forte Tablet – By Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd
Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup Interactions with Other Drugs:
The effects and efficacy of Grilinctus BM cough syrup may change if a person is using other over-the-counter products at the same time. One is advised to ensure they share their medical history with the doctor so as to enable them to prevent any interactions with the drug.
Interactions with Medicines
The following drugs are known to cause interactions with Grilinctus BM cough syrup.
Interaction with Diseases
Patients with the following health conditions are advised to avoid using Grilinctus BM cough syrup:
- High blood pressure
Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup Variants:
Grilinctus-BM Tablet is a variant of Grilinctus-BM Syrup.
Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup Price in India:
|Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup||INR 80.05/-|
How Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup Works?
Grilinctus BM medicine helps in relieving broncho-constriction and helps patients facing troublesome breathing issues. It helps in expulsion of accrued sputum by making it less sticky and viscous. The syrup is used to treat chronic and acute bronchitis, eosinophilia, where there is spasm in bronchial muscles accompanied by mucous membrane irritation.
How to Use Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup?
It is advised to take this medicine in the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor. The product label should be checked for proper usage guidelines. The syrup comes with a measuring cup which helps measure the dose. One should shake the syrup bottle well before use, after which the dose should be properly measured before being administered.
Grilinctus-BM Syrup may be taken with or without food, but the medicine should be taken at a fixed time.
When is Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup Prescribed?
This cough syrup is used for curing health conditions like asthma and bronchitis along with cough related congestion, breathing difficulty, sinusitis, bronchitis, preterm labour, obstructive airway diseases, asphyxia, COPD, asthma, and emphysema.
Medicines Which Should Not Be Taken With Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup:
The following drugs should not be taken with Grilinctus BM cough syrup as it may result in interactions.
How to Store Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup?
The following storage instructions are advised by the doctor:
- It is advisable to store the syrup in a cool and dry place away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of children and pets.
- The packaging of the syrup must be kept intact in order to maintain its effect when being administered.
1) What is Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup used to treat?
Ans: Grilintus BM syrup is a cough-relieving syrup which is used for the treatment of chest congestion, bronchitis, sinusitis, breathing problems, reversible airway obstructive diseases, uncomplicated premature labor, Asphyxia, and other health conditions.
2) What are the side effects of Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup?
Ans: Grilinctus cough syrup, when taken for a long duration in increased doses may result in certain side effects like:
- Gastric irritation
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Skin rash
- Nocturnal enuresis
- Muscle cramps
- Transient hyperglycemia
- Transient hypokalaemia
3) What is the time taken for Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup to start showing the effects?
Ans: It usually takes one day to one week for visible improvements in the condition. It is important to consult the doctor to assess the correct dosage and duration of the treatment.
4) Can Grilinctus BM be used for bronchitis?
Ans: Yes, Grilinctus BM cough syrup is the most suitable medicine for curing breathing related disorders. However, it is important to consult the doctor for correct prescription, dosage, and use.
5) Should Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup be taken before or after meals?
Ans: Commonly it’s taken after food, but that does not reflect on how you should consume the syrup. You need to consult a doctor before consuming this cough syrup.
6) Is driving or operating heavy machinery safe during the administration of Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup?
Ans: One can drive or operate heavy machinery as long as one feels healthy and no dizziness or increased heartbeat is experienced. It is best to consult the doctor in case the patient experienced side effects to prevent further complications.
7) Is Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup addictive or habit forming?
Ans: No habit-forming tendencies have been experienced in case of Grilinctus BM cough syrup. Most OTC medicines don’t come with ingredients that are addictive or habit forming. Medicines or syrups with these ingredients are classified under different schedules depending on their potency. Such medicines fall under schedule X or H as per the Indian government. It is important to check the information on the packaging if the drug is classified under any of the schedules.
8) Can I stop taking this syrup immediately?
Ans: Some medicines have rebound effects hence they cannot be stopped on an immediate basis but need to be tapered. Your physician will surely help you with his informed knowledge as to how you should discontinue the medicine depending on your body and health condition.
9) Is Grilinctus BM Cough Syrup more effective if taken in more than the recommended doses?
Ans: Taking a higher dose of the cough syrup does not improve the health condition of the patient. In fact, a higher dose may result in some serious side effects and toxicity. In case increased severity of the symptoms is observed which is not relieved by the prescribed dose, it is important to consult the doctor.
10) Is Grilinctus BM cough syrup safe to be used for pregnant and breastfeeding women?
Ans: This cough syrup is probably safe to be used by pregnant women. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects on the foetus, but human studies are limited in this regard. The syrup is not prescribed to lactating females. In either of the two cases, it is best to consult the doctor in order to assess the correct treatment, prescription, and duration.
11) How should Grilinctus BM cough syrup be stored?
Ans: The cough syrup should be stored in the following manner in order to ensure its efficacy is not affected:
- The syrup should be stored in a cool and dry place away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Keep the cough syrup away from the reach of children and pets.
- The packaging of the syrup must be kept intact in order to maintain its effect when being administered.
12) Is it safe to consume Grilinctus BM cough syrup?
Ans: The Grilinctus BM cough syrup is cough-relieving syrup which is safe to use in patients suffering from chest congestion, bronchitis, sinusitis, etc. according to the dose prescribed by the doctor.
13) Is Grilinctus BM cough syrup available as an over-the-counter medicine?
Ans: Yes, Grilinctus BM cough syrup is an over-the-counter cough syrup which is used to treat cough-related health problems like reversible airway obstructive diseases, breathing problems, bronchitis, sinusitis, etc.
14) Is Grilinctus BM cough syrup used for treating viral infections?
Ans: No, Grilinctus BM cough syrup is only used to treat cough related diseases like chest congestion, bronchitis etc. and is not prescribed for viral infections like flu.
15) Can I consume Leflunomide medicine with Grilinctus BM cough syrup?
Ans: Grilinctus BM cough syrup reacts severely with Leflunomide medicine and hence should be completely avoided.
16) Can one consume alcohol while administering Grilinctus BM cough syrup?
Ans: Consumption of alcohol is not advisable during the administration of Grilinctus cough syrup. This is because alcohol causes excessive drowsiness in patients which in turn leads to lethargy and sleepiness in most cases.
17) What is the normal prescribed dose of Grilinctus BM cough syrup?
Ans: The dosage of Grilinctus BM cough syrup depends on the age, weight and medical condition of the patient. The following points must be kept under consideration while administering the syrup:
- Shake the syrup bottle well before each dose to ensure the syrup is uniformly administered.
- Use a measuring cup to correctly measure the dose as prescribed by the doctor.
In case a dose of Grilinctus BM cough syrup is missed, it is advised to take it as soon as it is remembered. If it is almost time for the next dose, then one should skip the missed dose and consume the scheduled dose on time. The patient is advised not to take a double dose in order to make up for the missed dose.
18) What will happen if I accidentally consume an expired dose of Grilinctus BM cough syrup?
Ans: Although there is no reported side effect of consuming an expired dose of Grilinctus BM cough syrup, the efficacy of the syrup may be hampered and hence may not show the desired effects for curing the health condition it is prescribed for.
19) What precautions should diabetics observe during the administration of Grilinctus BM cough syrup?
Ans: The cough syrup may lead to fluctuations in blood sugar levels and hence it is important to monitor the glucose levels regularly during the administration of Grilinctus BM cough syrup.
20) What should one do in case their cough problem persists for more than one week?
Ans: In case the cough condition persists for more than one week, or tends to recur or is accompanied by fever, persistent headaches, rashes etc. it is important to consult the doctor immediately who may adjust the dose or check for treating the side effects.
21) Can Grilinctus BM cough syrup be used to treat diarrhea?
Ans: No, this cough syrup is not prescribed to patients with diarrhea as it is mainly used to cure cough related problems like bronchitis, sinusitis, chest congestion etc.