Glycomet 500 SR is an excellent medication that aids in maintaining the sugar levels in the blood of a person who is affected by Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Besides this benefit, the Glycomet tablet also cures various diseases that include PCOS [Polycystic Ovary Syndrome], Heart diseases, and more. One who maintains a healthy diet plan and exercises regularly can witness some improvement in their blood sugar levels maintenance especially in the adults who are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes. In Glycomet tablet, we can find Metformin as a major active ingredient.
It is actually an oral medication that plays a crucial role in reducing the glucose levels in the blood. Most of the doctors initially prescribe this medicine for those who have Type 2 Diabetes disease. To get the best result, the patients need to strictly exercise and follow the best diet plan. Glycomet 500 aids in reducing the jeopardy of diabetes in association with some other critical conditions that include kidney failure, heart attack, sudden strokes, and eye blindness. This post gives you a complete tutorial about the Glycomet 500 SR tablet for maintaining blood sugar levels in the body.
Uses & Benefits of Glycomet 500 SR:
Check out the abundant number of benefits of the Glycomet 500 SR tablet. This medicine helps in treating, controlling, and preventing various disease conditions, symptoms, and other diseases. Check it out below!
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cures Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Helps in treating maturity onset diabetes
- Treats Diabetes Type 2 Mellitus disease
- Ability to control and maintain the increased blood sugar levels
- Reduces the risk of kidney failure
- Treats various nerve problems
- Aids in preventing blindness
- Cures different sexual function problems
- Minimizes the risk of loss of limbs
- Through the proper maintenance of diabetes, you can diminish the jeopardy of heart attacks and strokes
- Aids in reiterating the response towards the production of insulin in the body
- Lessens the sugar levels produced by the liver and consumed by the stomach or intestines
Glycomet may not be able to enhance insulin production in the body. Instead, this tablet has the ability to lessen sugar production within the blood of Diabetic patients. Usually, in people who are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes, the liver produces almost three times the glucose quantity in their respective bodies. Such bodies may not be capable of absorbing the immense amounts of glucose produced by the liver. In such a case, Glycomet plays a vital role in lessening the amounts of glucose produced by the liver.
Additionally, Glycomet 500 reduces your hunger and enhances the sensitivity of your body towards insulin generation. This eventually diminishes the glucose levels absorbed by the blood. By increasing the levels of insulin, this tablet can decrease cholesterol levels in the body and aids in reducing the weight of Diabetic patients. Besides all these uses, one must and should follow a regular diet plan to keep their Diabetes or sugar levels under control.
Side Effects of Glycomet 500 SR:
We have compiled a list of the common side effects of Glycomet 500 SR tablet that we usually witness in the patients who use this medicine. Check it out!
- Taste change
- Swelling of the joints
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Running Nose
- Pain in the abdomen
- Loss of appetite
- Huge uneasiness in the chest
- Loss in Weight
- Deficiency or Loss of hunger
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased ph levels within the blood and other body tissues
The side effects listed in this post might be major or minor in some cases. It depends on the usage and the dosage of Glycomet medicine. If you experience any of the aforementioned side effects of this tablet, try to contact your doctor immediately. It is not mandatory to get affected by these side effects. However, there is a slight risk of the occurrence. Some of them will last long for a lengthy period. In some people, these side effects may be reduced within a couple of days or hours.
Common Dosage of Glycomet 500 SR:
The patients who are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes need to intake this medicine orally i.e., through the mouth. The dosage will solely depend on the age and the health condition of the patient. The doctor will prescribe the time duration as well as the dose for this medication. You need to intake the medicine according to the prescription from your doctor.
If you miss the dosage, you can intake it as soon as possible whenever you remember. If the time is almost reached to the subsequent dosage then, simply skip the missed dosage. Never intake double dosage as it could lead to serious side effects.
If the dosage has become over then, try to consult your physician as soon as possible. If the dosage increases, there is a risk of causing lactic acidosis in the patients. The doctor will prescribe the medication in case you take the wrong dosage.
Composition and Nature of Glycomet 500 SR:
Metformin is the major ingredient in the Glycomet tablet that falls under the category of oral anti-diabetic drug. It means that the patients need to take Glycomet 500 through the mouth. One must intake this tablet alongside their meal. The composition of Metformin salts is 1000 mg. The packages and the strengths of this tablet also vary based on the tablet. It has different packages that comprise 10 tablets, 15 tablets, 20 tablets, and more. The strengths of these tablets include 800 mg, 500 mg, and 1000 mg.
How to Use Glycomet 500 SR?
The patients need to intake Glycomet 500 based on the dosage and the time duration prescribed by the physician. Try to intake this medicine as a whole tablet without crushing or breaking it. Usually, the doctors prescribe the patient’s intake Glycomet 500 tablet alongside food. You can take this medicine in the evening after the consumption of food. Try to intake lots of water and fluids so that this medicine works in the best way.
How does Glycomet 500 SR work?
The Glycomet SR tablet works by lessening the glucose levels in the blood. This eventually controls the glucose levels in the blood of an individual suffering from Diabetes. In this tablet, you can find Metformin as the active ingredient that postpones the absorption of sugar from the intestines and thereby enhances the insulin levels in the body.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Glycomet 500 SR?
Check out some of the precautions and the related warnings that every individual must follow who uses Glycomet tablet. Check it out below!
- It is not very dangerous to use Glycomet 500 SR tablet at the time of pregnancy.
- One can even intake this medication at the time of breastfeeding. It doesn’t show any kind of impact on the kid.
- It is not safe to intake alcohol along with the Glycomet medicine as it might cause lactic acidosis in the patient. In such a case, one might experience various side effects such as stomach upset, drowsiness, abnormal heartbeat and more.
Substitutes for Glycomet 500 SR:
Here is a list of the alternatives to the Glycomet SR tablet that aids in treating Type 2 Diabetes in most of the patients. Check out the substitutes listed below:
- Zomet SR Tablet [Manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Zoform SR 500 Tablet [Manufactured by FDC Limited]
- X Met SR Tablet [Manufactured by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Winixia 500mg Tablet SR [Manufactured by Wings Biotech Limited]
- Walaphage -SR 500 Tablet [Manufactured by Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Sugamet SR 500 Tablet [Manufactured by Zydus Cadila]
- Scodia 500mg Tablet SR [Manufactured by Apex Laboratories Pvt Limited]
- Riomet OD 500mg Tablet SR [Manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited]
- Recemin 500mg Tablet SR [Manufactured by Bharti Life Sciences]
- Ozomet 500mg Tablet [Manufactured by Ozone Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Obimet SR 500mg Tablet [Manufactured by Corona Remedies Pvt Limited]
- Metway 500mg Tablet [Manufactured by SR Kanad Labs]
- Metsurge 500 SR Tablet [Manufactured by Obsurge Biotech Limited]
- Metsmall 500 Tablet SR [Manufactured by Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited]
- Metsafe 500mg Tablet SR [Manufactured by MSN Laboratories]
- Metlong 500mg Tablet [Manufactured by Panacea Biotec Limited]
- Metgem 500 Tablet ER [Manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited]
- Metadoze-IPR 500 Tablet [Manufactured by Biocon]
- Metaday 500 Tablet [Manufactured by Wockhardt Limited]
- Mefomin 500 SR Tablet [Manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Glyciphage SR 500mg Tablet [Manufactured by Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Gluformin XL 500 Tablet [Manufactured by Abbott]
- Gluconorm SR Tablet [Manufactured by Lupin Limited]
- Glucomate 500mg Tablet XR [Manufactured by Zoticus Pharmaceuticals]
- Forson 500mg Tablet SR [Manufactured by Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Exermet 500 Tablet SR [Manufactured by Cipla Limited]
- Endoformin 500mg Tablet SR [Manufactured by Precia Pharma]
- Dibeta SR Tablet Torrent [Manufactured by Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Carbophage XR 500 Tablet [Manufactured by Merck Limited]
- Bigomet SR 500 Tablet [Manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
Glycomet 500 SR Interactions with Other Drugs:
If you intake alcohol alongside this medication then, it might enhance the jeopardy of Lactic Acidosis that eventually leads to a complicated situation in the patient. In such a case, the patients must get immediate treatment from the doctors.
People who have Type 2 Diabetes alongside some other diseases might confront the disease interactions. One of the major disease interactions with Glycomet 500 is Vitamin B12 deficiency. If your body is lack of B12 vitamin then, you might intake the supplements for this vitamin. In such a case, the disease interactions might attack the patient. You need to discuss this with your doctor so that they will make some adjustments to the dosage depending on your health condition.
- Collagen Peptide
Here are some of the commonly asked questions about Glycomet 500 SR tablet listed below:
1) Can I Use Glycomet 500 SR during pregnancy?
Ans: Yes, you can absolutely use Glycomet 500 SR tablet at the time of pregnancy.
2) Is it safe to intake Glycomet 500 SR during breastfeeding?
Ans: There is no risk even if you intake Glycomet 500 during lactation.
3) Can I Use Glycomet 500 SR while driving a vehicle?
Ans: It is not safe to drive a vehicle as this medication might cause some drowsiness in the individual. It is because of the irregular levels of your blood sugar.
4) Will Glycomet 500 SR become an addiction?
Ans: No, it may not become an addiction.
5) Is there any impact of Glycomet 500 SR on Kidney and Liver?
Ans: The patients need to use this medicine with utmost caution to avoid its impact on the liver and kidneys.