Folitrax 7.5 mg tablet is a medicine that aids in treating various life-threatening diseases such as Psoriasis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, different types of cancers, and more. This medicine helps in treating some other disease conditions in some patients. If you intake this tablet in huge quantities then, it could cause serious kidney, liver, and lung injuries. This medicine has the ability to treat different cancers such as skin cancer, head cancer, and more. This medicine comprises Methotrexate as an active ingredient. This ingredient has the ability to hinder the development of cells in the tumors. It eventually diminishes the immune system activity in the patient.
Usually, Ipca Laboratories Limited manufactures the Folitrax tablet. This medicine is available in different forms that include tablets and injections. Folitrax is actually a brand name for the Methotrexate ingredients. This medicine is a chemotherapy drug that falls under the category of the drug referred to as antimetabolites. It has numerous immunosuppressant properties. Most doctors prescribe this medicine to patients who are suffering from a variety of cancers such as bone cancer, neck cancer, breast cancer, and head cancer. This medicine also treats various autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
Uses & Benefits of Folitrax:
Here are some of the numerous benefits of using Folitrax tablet that treats, controls and prevents the diseases, health conditions and symptoms as listed below:
- Cures Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Treats different types of cancers such as breast cancer, head and neck cancer
- Helps in treating Myasthenia gravis
- Also aids in curing Lung cancer and skin cancer
- Reduces Arthritis or joint pains in the patients
- Lessens acute leukemia remission
- Treats Pemphigus and Uveitis diseases
Side Effects of Folitrax:
We have gathered a list of some commonly caused side effects in those who consume this medication. On the other hand, it is not obligatory that all will experience these side effects. All these are latent side effects that may or may not show their blow on the patients. Some of the side effects last long at the same time as some other side effects might disappear in a less span of time. Here are some of the side effects of Folitrax 7.5 mg tablet given below:
- Vision becomes blurred
- Skin Rashes
- Pain in the joints
- Itching sensation
- Liver enzymes might be increased
- Loss of hunger
- Burning sensation
- Pain in abdomen
- Mood changes
- Infertility in male and female
- Loss of hair
- The skin might be damaged whenever the affected area is exposed to the sunlight in the Psoriasis patients
- Lower sexual desire
- The skin turns into a pale condition
Whenever you experience or witness any of the side effects listed above, you can contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Common Dosage of Folitrax:
The dosage of Folitrax tablet purely depends on the age and the condition of the patient. Try to consult your doctor regarding the dosage and the timings for the consumption of this tablet. However, it is not advisable to intake this tablet along with food.
If you miss the dosage of this medicine then, try to intake it as soon as possible whenever you remember. In case, if the time is closer to the subsequent dosage then, simply skip the missed dose. Don’t try to intake the double dosage of Folitrax medicine. It might show serious side effects in an individual.
In case, you intake the Folitrax medicine in overdosage then, you need to consult your doctor immediately. You must keep a fixed time for using this tablet on a daily basis. Otherwise, you can take assistance from your family members is consuming the medicines on time.
Composition and Nature of Folitrax:
In the Folitrax tablet, Methotrexate acts as a major active ingredient. The composition of this ingredient is 10 mg. The packages of Folitrax tablets include 10 tablets and 4 tablets. The strengths of this tablet also differ from one package to the other package. Some of the strengths of the Folitrax tablet include 10 mg, 20 mg, 5 mg, 7.5 mg, and 25 mg.
How to use Folitrax?
Patients suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis and Psoriasis should intake this medicine based on the dosage and the time duration. The health physician will prescribe the dosage and the time based on the age and health condition of the patient. One must intake this medicine as a whole instead of breaking or chewing it. The patients can either intake this medicine along with the food or without food. However, it is quite good if you consume the tablet at a fixed time on a daily basis.
How does Folitrax 7.5 MG Tablet work?
Folitrax 7.5 mg medicine has Methotrexate as an active ingredient. It works as an immunosuppressant. People who are suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis can witness the working procedure of this medicine. This tablet works by diminishing the activity of the immune system in the body. It will eventually lessen the pain and swelling in people suffering from different diseases. Moreover, this medicine has the ability to enhance the immune system functionality in an individual. In people who have Psoriasis, this medicine works by making the rapid development of the skin cells in slow manner.
When not to use Folitrax?
There are some contradictions to Folitrax medicine. Some of the contradictions to this medicine include the following:
- Pregnant women who are suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis and Psoriasis
- Blood diseases
- Alcoholic Liver damage
- Neoplastic diseases
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Folitrax?
One who intakes the Folitrax tablet must and should follow some precautions before consuming this medicine. It is advisable to inform your physician regarding the current list of medications. Some of the related warnings and precautions for the patients before using this tablet has been listed below:
- One should not use Folitrax medicine alongside the food.
- Consumption of alcohol along with this medicine might increase the danger of damage to the liver
- It is not safe to intake Folitrax medicine at the time of pregnancy
- One should be cautious while using this medicine as it might show some adverse effects on the kidneys and liver.
Substitutes for Folitrax 7.5 MG Tablet:
Check out some of the major alternatives to Folitrax tablet that can be used to treat various diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, different types of cancers, Psoriasis, and more. Check it out below!
- Rhutrax 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Rhumasafe Pharmaceutical]
- Oncotrex 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited]
- Nidtrex 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Nidus Pharma Pvt Limited]
- Mtx 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Nexgen Rx Life Science Pvt Limited]
- Mtrex 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Marc Laboratories Pvt Limited]
- Mext 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Mexate 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Zydus Cadila]
- Methate 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Race Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Meditrex 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Overseas Healthcare Pvt Limited]
- Leetrexate 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Johnlee Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Imutrex 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Cipla Limited]
- Imutaj 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Taj Pharma India Limited]
- Imotrax 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Canixa Life Sciences Pvt]
- Extrate 7.5 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Zanetaz Medicorp]
- Dermatrax 7.5mg Tablet [Manufactured by Galcare Pharmaceutical Pvt Limited]
Folitrax 7.5 MG Tablet Interactions with Other Drugs:
Whenever you intake Folitrax medicine alongside some other medications for curing your diseases then, there are chances of interaction with the drugs. This is otherwise referred to as drug interaction or medicine interaction. The medications might have the power to change the working procedure of the Folitrax tablet. In order to evade this, you need to tell your doctor regarding the medicines that you use currently for your disorders. Hence, your doctor will prescribe the medicine accordingly or make some dosage adjustments. Check out some of the drug interactions with Folitrax medicine as listed below:
- Penicillin G / Benzylpenicillin
- Metamizole / Dipyrone
- Benzathine penicillin G
- Aspirin / Acetylsalicylic acid
Check out some of the commonly asked questions regarding the Folitrax medicine listed below:
1) What happens when I miss a dosage of Folitrax 7.5 MG Tablet?
Ans: If you miss the dosage of this medicine unknowingly then, you can intake it soon whenever you remember. In case, if the time is nearer to the subsequent dosage then, you need to skip the missed dosage. Never intake double dosage of Folitrax tablet as it could lead to some adverse effects.
2) Will Folitrax medicine becomes an addiction?
Ans: In fact, the medicines that belong to the schedule H or X are considered addictive tablets in India. So, there is no fear of Folitrax medicine becomes an addiction in patients suffering from various diseases.
3) What if when I consume an expired dosage of Folitrax 7.5 MG Tablet?
Ans: It could be dangerous in an individual who intakes even a single dosage of the expired tablet. However, consult your doctor immediately to overcome the adverse effects of expired medicine.
4) Can I Drive a Vehicle while using Folitrax?
Ans: Yes, there is no danger in an individual who drives a vehicle at the time of using Folitrax medicine. This medicine doesn’t make you drowsy or sleepy.
5) Can I Consume alcohol alongside Folitrax medicine?
Ans: It is not advised to intake alcohol when you use Folitrax medicine. It might cause severe damage to the liver. In such a situation, you need to keep close monitoring of the enzymes of your liver.
6) What is the duration of effect of Folitrax medicine?
Ans: The impact of this medicine will long last for at least 9 to 30 hours if you intake a low dosage. In case, if it is a high dosage, the impact might last long for about 24 to 45 hours.
7) What is the onset of action for Folitrax 7.5 MG Tablet?
Ans: We can witness the effect of this tablet in just 1 or 2 hours after the oral consumption of this medicine. If you take this medicine in the form of intramuscular injection then, the effect can be seen in just 30 to 60 minutes.
8) Is it safe to use this tablet during pregnancy?
Ans: No, this medicine is not advised to use if you are pregnant.
9) Can I Intake Folitrax medicine while breastfeeding?
Ans: It is not recommended to consume in those who are breastfeeding.
10) Can I stop using Folitrax 7.5 MG Tablet suddenly?
Ans: No, it is not at all safe and secure to stop consuming this medicine all of a sudden. You need to consult your doctor regarding the adverse effects you come across while using this medicine.