Fluka 150 mg tablet is an anti-fungal drug prescribed by doctors to treat fungal infections. The medicine belongs to a group of drugs categorized as triazole antifungals. The drug is generally prescribed to treat various kinds of fungal infections relating to the throat, mouth, vagina, lungs, esophagus, and more organs in the body. Over time Fluka 150 has also been used to treat the fungus infection formed in the membrane of the brain or the spine. This usually happens when a person is treated under chemotherapy or radiation therapies before a bone or kidney transplant takes place.
Fungus infection sometimes occurs because of the weakness in the immune system while other times it is the result of some other drug or fungus. Fluka 150 is also used as a preventive measure to stop the reproduction of fungus in the body.
Fluka 150 is available in tablets as well as liquid. The drug has to be used only after a suitable prescription by a certified doctor and in the dose that is advised to follow. The dosage of Fluka 150 depends on the health condition of a person, their problems, body responsiveness, and other factors.
Uses & Benefits of Fluka 150:
Fluka 150 is one of the highly regarded drugs in the treatment of fungal infections. The use of the drug is made in the form of medicine to treat bodily fungus formation. The doctors prescribe it only after the fungus infection or formation is confirmed. With a usual dose stretching over a period of time, the medicine is known to fight the fungal activity and bring relief. It stops the reproduction and formation of fungus in certain areas.
Here are some of the uses of Fluka 150 for which the doctors prescribe the drug!
- Oropharyngeal Candidiasis: Fungal infection in the mouth is often treated with the help of Fluka 150. Doctors advise the medicine to treat the infection in the mouth and tongue.
- Esophageal Candidiasis: Fluka 150 is used to treat the fungal infection formed particularly in the oesophagus or the commonly called food pipe. The infection causes the person to bear the pain when swallowing food. This condition is also called odynophagia.
- Cryptococcal Meningitis: Meninges – the membrane that covers the brain and the spine is often affected by fungus. This happens when the person is undergoing treatment, or at rare times it may occur naturally. Fluka 150 tablet is used to treat the fungal infection in the Meninges which is also termed as meningitis. More often the fungus responsible for the infection in Meninges is a cryptococcal strain.
- Vaginal Candidiasis: Yeast infection in the female genitals is formed due to unhygienic conditions, weather changes and contact with the fungus. This causes the vagina to have burning sensation, foul odor, pain, itching as well as unusual discharge. Fluka 150 is prescribed by doctors to treat vaginal fungal infections.
- Urinary Tract Infection: Fungal infection in the urinary tract can be cured by Fluka 150 and thus is used by many doctors for the same.
- Peritonitis: Peritoneum the thin layer that is present inside the abdomen and all the organs inside the abdomen sometimes gets infected by fungus. This is called peritonitis. Fluka 150 is used to cure the fungal infection in the peritoneum.
- Candidemia: Candida is a type of fungus which forms rashes, itching and other problems in the body. When it enters the bloodstream, it causes invasive candidemia which can be cured with the help of Fluka 150.
- Prophylaxis of infections in the special population: People who are undergoing chemotherapy, radiation therapies or have AIDS often develop a kind of fungal infection which is cured with the help of Fluka 150.
Side Effects of Fluka 150:
No medicine is always suitable for all kinds of people. Some salt or the other might not suit your system, and thus it is important to inform your doctor about it and get it treated as soon as possible.
Doctors generally prescribe medicine based on their understanding of the patient’s body and a suitable dose that would not create any side effects. But rare times occur where the Fluka 150 can create some side effects in the body which can lead to bigger discomfort or problem is continued. Therefore one should discontinue the use and consult the doctor immediately. Here are some side effects to look out for!
- A severe headache and spinning
- Vomiting and nausea
- Pain in the abdomen
- Rashes on the skin
- Irregular heart rhythms
- Hair loss and bald patches
- Severe Seizures
- Swelling in legs, face, hands, eyes, tongue, and lips
Common Dosage of Fluka 150:
The dose of Fluka 150 depends on the amount prescribed by the doctor. It is usually decided by diagnosing the patient and understanding the severity of the case. One should not get an overdose of the drug as it can do more harm than benefits. More often the overdose of Fluka 150 is known to create repercussions and side effects. Sometimes the side effects can even lead to life-threatening problems which might cost you your life.
- Missed Dose: If one misses their daily dosage it is advisable to take it as soon as one remembers. However, the time duration between two dosages should be kept in mind to avoid an overdose of the drug in your body.
- Overdose: If anyone experiences the symptoms of overdose or side-effects of the drug while consuming the prescribed dosage by the doctor they should seek a doctor’s help immediately.
Composition and Nature of Fluka 150:
Fluka 150 is medically termed as Fluconazole. It is currently being manufactured by Cipla Ltd where each tablet consists of 150mg of the correspondent salt. It belongs to a drug group of Azole Anti-fungal.
Fluka 150 is a kind of synthetic azole that has antifungal activity as its nature. It inhibits fungal cytochrome P450 sterol C14 alpha-demethylation which results in the formation of fungal 14 alpha-methyl sterols. There is a loss of fungal activity here.
How to Use Fluka 150?
Fluka 150 is available in the form of tablet and liquids. They are to be taken orally for the best cure. And thus a patient can take their dose with or without food as per the schedule provided by the doctor. Generally, the drug is taken with a full stomach to help minimize the side effects and make the patient comfortable. In any case, a patient should drink enough water and report of any discomfort caused because of the consumption of the drug.
How does Fluka 150 MG Tablet work?
Fluka 150 is an antifungal drug which when consumed gets transformed into the bloodstream and starts killing the fungus causing effects on the body. As the fungus formation is known to cause irritation, pain, burning sensation, and discomfort, the drug would start killing the fungus formation and also stop the reproduction of the same reducing the effects that the patient is feeling.
In some cases where the fungus formation and effects of it are visible, i.e., mouth infection, esophagus infection, vagina infections, etc. one can clearly see the difference of how Fluka 150 reduces the fungal formation and cleans the body from irritation and itching.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Fluka 150?
Before taking Fluconazole, it is advisable to discuss with your doctor the allergies or medical problems that you have. As Fluka 150 might contain some hidden salts or inactive ingredients for the drug to make active, they might cause a reaction to allergies and end up harming you. Explaining the doctor’s medical history and possible reactions is important.
To begin with, there needs to be an understanding of the azole antifungal drug reactions on the body. One of the common conditions noted with fluconazole is the change in the heart rhythm or QT Prolongation. While the QT prolongation rarely causes fatal conditions or severe heart issues it is actually the relative effect of other medical conditions which can be dangerous.
- Pregnant and lactating women: Fluconazole is not recommended to be used by pregnant women unless very necessary to treat the fungal formation. The risks associated with the medicine can be best discussed with the doctors and ascertained. The Fluka 150 tablet is also not recommended for lactating and breastfeeding women as it may adversely affect the baby. Alternative methods of treating the infection are considered.
- Skin allergy: People with skin allergies may find some reactions with the drug like skin peel offs, rashes, etc. Any such reactions should be reported to the doctor at the earliest.
- Heart diseases: People with a history of cardiac arrest, heart rhythm or cardiovascular diseases are recommended to inform their doctor about it before taking medicine. They shall require dose re-adjustment and special test to determine the treatment.
- Kidney and liver disease: any active liver or kidney problems should be discussed with the doctor first. Fluconazole can cause severe effects on the patients with liver disorders which can end up in liver failure. Hence special attention is required.
- Brain dizziness and seizures: The drug can cause dizziness and lead to severe seizures. People with a history of brain diseases need to report to the doctor before taking medicine while others need to take special care after the medicine is consumed.
- Birth control: Fluconazole interaction with birth control pills renders the contraception ineffective. Therefore when consuming this medicine alternative method of contraception should be considered.
- Other drugs: Fluconazole may react with other drugs present in your body. And thus any form of medications already undertaken should be informed to the doctor. Alcohol or smoking habits should also be reported to analyze the best and understand the effects.
Substitutes for Fluka 150 MG Tablet:
There are a lot of medicines that are of the same composition, dosage, and strength. These are often used as a substitute by the doctors while prescribing for the medicines. Here are some for reference.
- Fluzon 150 mg
- Glenflu 150 mg
- Fluent 150 mg
- Markzole 150 mg
- Flugee 150 mg
Fluka 150 Interactions with Other Drugs:
Drugs interact with other drugs and react differently to different people. However, some interactions with certain drugs can be estimated as per the reported cases and thus should be looked at. Doctors too advise the interactions possible to keep the patients safe from allergic reactions.
Interactions with alcohol
Interaction with alcohol is unknown, and hence consultation with a doctor is important to understand the effects.
Interactions with smoking
Effects of smoking can be severe for the person consuming the medicine. One might suffer headaches, dizziness, etc. when combined with smoking.
Interactions with other drugs
Drugs like Erythromycin, Clopidogrel, Alprazolam, etc. react severely to Fluka 150 and are not recommended to be consumed together. One should discuss with the doctors about the drugs already being consumed to understand the effects better.
1) How often should I take Fluka 150 MG Tablet for a vaginal infection?
Ans: Fluka 150 needs to be taken one tablet daily for the best treatment of the infection. It is best to get the dosage as per your doctor to get into the treatment properly. One can take one tablet daily for seven days to cure the infection.
2) I have small boils and rashes in thighs because of fungus infection. It got cured with Fluka 150 but reoccurs after a week of leaving the medicine. Help?
Ans: To cure the boils and fungal infection completely take Fluka 150 for at least a week and start decreasing the dose slowly by taking it on alternate days. Additionally, wear hygienic clothes and keep the area dry to avoid forming more fungal infections.
3) I am following a diet for weight loss, does taking Fluka 150 MG Tablet cause any severe effect?
Ans: Following a proper diet is required to derive the best results out of medicine. It is advised to get nutritious food and drink lots of water when consuming fluconazole.
4) I had a heart attack seven years back, and everything has been fine ever since. Can I take Fluka 150 to treat the fungal infection?
Ans: The doctor’s advice is recommended before consuming any form of drugs. Inform your doctor about your medical history and take the necessary steps according to the prescription.
5) I have ringworm near my thighs. Will Fluka 150 MG Tablet help?
Ans: Fluka 150 is not a cure for ringworm. Please consult your doctor and take the required treatment.