Flexura D tablet belongs to the category of muscle relaxants. It helps relieve the discomfort and pain associated with muscle injuries and sprains.
The medicine is manufactured by Sun Pharma Laboratories Limited. Flexura D is an over-the-counter medicine. However, The use of medicine only after consulting a medical practitioner to avoid any risk of interaction and side effects.
The medicine contains Metaxalone and Diclofenac as its main ingredients. These drugs belong to the category of muscle relaxant and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs respectively.
Flexura D is for muscle injury, muscle spasms, muscle ache, and swelling
|Composition:||Metaxalone and Diclofenac|
|Uses:||Muscle injury, Backache, swellings|
|Side effects:||Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea|
|Precautions:||It should be avoided by patients with liver and kidney impairments.|
Uses and benefits of Flexura D:
Flexura D is found to be effective in the prevention and treatment of the following medical conditions and symptoms:
Post-operative pain: Flexura D provides relief from postoperative pain in adults. The medicine aids in the recovery process of shoulder surgery, knee surgery, and hip replacement surgery.
- Low back pain: Flexura D is found to be effective in the treatment of mild to moderate back pain caused due to a herniated disc, arthritis, sciatica, etc.
- Muscle spasm: Flexura D is found to be effective in the treatment of muscle spasms caused due to muscle fatigue, dehydration and electrolyte abnormalities.
- Musculoskeletal pain: Musculoskeletal pain includes painful joints of knee, neck, hip, lower backache associated with Osteoarthritis. Flexura D is used for the treatment of such conditions. Other than these conditions, the medicine is also effective in the treatment of symptoms such as joint stiffness, muscle pain, muscular strain and spasms.
- Joint pain: Flexura D is effective in the treatment of joint pain caused due to arthritis including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Arthralgia: The condition is explained as joint pain due to the excessive weight of the body, also referred to as obesity. The excessive pain puts pressure on the joints and may result in osteoarthritis. Flexura D is prescribed for the treatment of such conditions.
- Muscular Pain: Flexura D provides relieve from all kind of muscular pains which may be caused due to overstretching, tendon injuries, and strains.
- Toothache: Flexura D is prescribed for the treatment of pain around the teeth and jaws caused due to tooth decay.
- Menstrual Pain: Flexura D provides relief from menstrual cramps and lower abdominal pain experienced during menstruation.
- Fever: Flexura D provides temporary relief from fever (pyrexia). However, the medicine doesn’t treat the underlying cause. Hence, it is prescribed to consult a doctor to find the underlying cause and appropriate treatment.
- Headache: Flexura D provides relief from acute headaches and migraine pain.
Side Effects of Flexura D:
Apart from the intended effects, consumption of Flexura D may result in unwanted effects. The unwanted effects may vary from person to person depending on the medical condition as well as ongoing medications.
Here is a list of reported side effects caused due to consumption of Flexura D:
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Stomach ulcers
- Gas in stomach
- Skin eruptions
- Bleeding from nose
- Stuffy nose
- Abdominal pain
- Liver toxicity
- Allergic reactions
If any undesired effect is experienced, then it is prescribed to seek immediate medical attention.
Common Dosage of Flexura D Tablet:
The dose and duration of Flexura D are suggested by a medical practitioner on the basis of the medical condition of the patient, severity of the symptoms, age, history of drug reactions, and response to the first dose. The usual recommended dose of Flexura D is 1 tablet; 3-4 times a day. In the case of patients above 65 years of age, the lowest effective dose is prescribed.
It is suggested not to use the medicine more than the advised dose or for a prolonged period of time. In case no improvement is experienced, then it is advised to seek medical attention for alternate medication. It is advised to not miss any dose. If any dose is missed, then it is advised to consume the missed dose as soon as possible. However, if it is time for the next dose, then the usual dose should be continued instead of overdosing on Flexura D. In no case, Flexura D should be taken an overdose. Doing so may result in severe side effects. If an individual overdoses on Flexura D, then medical assistance should be taken as soon as possible.
Composition and Nature of Flexura D:
Flexura D contains Metaxalone and Diclofenac as its main ingredients. Their volume and nature are described below:
- Metaxalone 400 mg- It belongs to the category of muscle relaxant. The drug relieves spasms and stiffness of the muscles by acting on certain parts of the brain and spinal cord. It helps improve pain and movement of the muscles.
- Diclofenac 500 mg- It belongs to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. The drug works by blocking the production of chemical messengers responsible for causing pain and inflammations. Hence, the drug helps relieve redness, swellings, pain and fever.
How to use of Flexura D Tablet?
- The medicine should be consumed as per the dosage and the schedule advised by the medical practitioner.
- If the medicine is being consumed as an over the counter medicine, then medicine leaflet should be read properly beforehand.
- The medicine should not be chewed or broken before consumption. The tablet should be swallowed whole with water.
- Flexura D can be taken with or after a meal. It should not be consumed in empty stomach as it may result in stomach upset.
- The course of the medicine should be completed as per the prescription. In no case the use of Flexura D should be stopped in the middle of the course.
- If any adverse effect is experienced, then a medical practitioner should be consulted without any delay.
How does Flexura D Tablet work?
Flexura D exhibits anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic actions by blocking the synthesis of certain chemicals responsible for pain and inflammation.
The medicine blocks the synthesis of prostaglandin by inhibiting cyclooxygenase (COX).
It increases the pain threshold and hence, provides relief from abdominal pain and menstrual cramps during the menstruation cycle.
The medicine also acts as a bacteriostatic agent by blocking the bacteria’s DNA synthesis.
When is Flexura D Tablet prescribed?
The medicine is prescribed for the treatment and prevention of the following conditions:
- Muscle ache
- Pain and swellings
- Muscle relaxations
- Muscle spasms
- Joint stiffness
- Joint pain
- Dental pain
- Menstrual cramps
- Gout attacks
- Arthritis (Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis )
Precautions and Warnings: When to avoid of Flexura D Tablet?
- The medicine should always be consumed along with physical therapy and rest to get the best result.
- It is recommended to consume the medicine with food to avoid any risk of an upset stomach.
- Consumption of Flexura D may cause dizziness and drowsiness. Hence, it is advised to not involve in any work which requires mental alertness.
- It is recommended to avoid the use of alcohol along with Flexura D as it may result in excessive drowsiness.
- Use of Flexura D should be avoided by pregnant women unless necessary as it may pose risk to the fetus. consult a medical practitioner and discuss the possible risks and benefits.
- The medicine should be avoided by breastfeeding women unless absolutely necessary. Consult a medical practitioner and calculate risks and benefits before its use.
- The medicine should not be provided to children of 12 years and below. It is advised to consult a medical practitioner and ask for a suitable substitute for Flexura D.
- Use of Flexura D should be avoided in the case of known allergy with Metaxalone or other ingredients present in the medicine. It is advised to use a substitute for Flexura D in case of known history of allergy with the medicine.
- Smoking should be avoided while using Flexura D as it increases the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding.
- The medicine is not recommended for a patient suffering from asthma.
- It is advised to monitor the health conditions of patients suffering from blood disorders, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
- It is advised to practice extreme caution by patients suffering from dehydration.
Flexura D interactions Tablet:
Flexura D when combined along with certain drugs may result in Drug Interactions. This will lead to neutralization of the effects of either of the medicines or some undesired effects.
Here is a list of drugs that interact with Flexura D:
- Anticoagulants: This category of drug when consumed along with Flexura D may lead to bleeding disorders. Hence, it is suggested to consult a medical practitioner before use.
- Oral Anti-diabetic drugs: Flexura D may aggravate the hypoglycemic effect of the drug resulting in excess production of insulin in the body.
- Anti-hypertensive drugs: Use of Flexura D with anti-hypertensive drugs may result in a reversal of the effect of anti-hypertensive drugs.
If any issue is experienced then Flexura D should be substituted with a suitable alternative.
To avoid any such effect, it is Suggested to inform the doctor about ongoing medications as well as a clinical conditions.
It is to adjust the dose of either of the medicines or substitute Flexura D with a suitable alternative.
Flexura D should not be consumed along with alcohol as it increases the risk of internal bleeding. Also, consumption of alcohol along with Flexura D may result in excessive drowsiness.
Use of Flexura D condition of certain medical conditions may result in worsening of present medical conditions or some undesired effect.
To avoid any such condition, it is suggested to inform the medical practitioner about any existing or history of all the health conditions.
Here is a list of diseases when the use of Flexura D may interact:
Anemia: Use of Flexura D should be avoided by a patient suffering from drug-induced hemolytic anemia or any anemias. Doing so may worsen the present medical conditions.
It is suggested to go for an alternative treatment option based on the clinical condition.
Kidney diseases: Flexura D should be used with extreme caution in patients with mild to moderate kidney impairments as it increases the risk of side effects. Dose adjustment is recommended for mild kidney impairment.
condition of extreme kidney impairment, it is advised to take an alternative medication based on the clinical condition of the patient.
Liver disease: Extreme caution should be practiced by patients with mild to moderate liver diseases; as the use of Flexura D by patients with liver diseases may result in severe side effects.
Dose adjustment may be required if the liver impairment is mild. However, condition of severe liver impairment, Flexura D should be replaced with a suitable substitute on the basis of the medical condition.
Substitutes of Flexura D Tablet:
Other medicines are also available with the same composition and nature as that of Flexura D. One of these medicines can be used as a substitute for Flexura D, if needed.
Here is a list of substitutes of Flexura D:
- Flexalone D Tablet
- Axant Tablet
- Myospaz D Tablet
- Trypdol MR Tablet
- Flexsure D Tablet
- Diclosaid M Tablet
- Mobiswift D Tablet
Flexura D Tablet Variants:
The medicine is available with variations in volumes of its ingredients. Here is a list:
- Flexura 400 mg
- Flexura 200 mg
Medicines that should not be taken with Flexura D Tablet:
It is recommended to not combine Flexura D along with the following medicines:
- Sodium Oxybate
Flexura D Tablet Storage:
- The medicine should be stored at room temperature or at a temperature below 30 °C.
- Flexura D should be kept in an airtight container.
- It is suggested not to freeze the medicine.
- The place of storage should be kept away from the reach of children and pets.
- The medicine should not be exposed to direct heat and light.
- It should not be kept in an area of moisture such as bathroom or near the sink.
- It is suggested not to flush the medicine or poured in a drain. Doing so may contaminate the environment.
- In case of expired medicine, a pharmacist should be consulted regarding the disposal procedure.
Flexura D Tablet Price in India:
|Flexura D Tablet||INR 145 (a strip of 10 tablets)|
1) What is the use of Flexura D?
Ans: Flexura D is used to relieve the discomfort and pain caused due to sprains or muscle injuries. The medicine should be used with physical therapy and proper rest for the best possible effect.
2) What would happen if somebody overdoses on Flexura D?
Ans: Overdose of Flexura D may result in side effects. Some of the possible side effects due to overdose includes the following:
- Upper abdominal pain
A medical practitioner should be consulted as soon as possible.
3) Is Flexura D Tablet addictive in nature?
Ans: No such tendency has been reported yet.
4) Is it safe to drive after consuming Flexura D Tablet?
Ans: Dizziness and drowsiness are some of the side effects reported due to consumption of Flexura D. Hence, it is suggested to avoid any activity such as operating heavy machinery or driving that requires mental alertness. However, if an individual doesn’t experience any such side effect can drive.
5) Is Flexura D safe for use by a patient suffering from heart disease?
Ans: Flexura D should only be used for a short time and in low doses by patients suffering from heart diseases. Diclofenac present in Flexura D can increase the chance of heart attack in patients suffering from heart diseases if consumed for longer time periods.
6) How long Flexura D takes to show its intended effects?
Ans: Flexura D usually shows its effect within 30-45 minutes of consumption.
7) Does Flexura D affect any organs?
Ans: Yes, the use of Flexura D may affect the kidney and liver. Hence, it is advised to go for dose adjustment.
8) Are there any reported allergic reactions caused by Flexura D Tablet?
Ans: Yes, there are a few allergic reactions caused by Flexura D. Some of them include rashes, itching, and skin eruptions.
9) Who should avoid the use of Flexura D Tablet?
Ans: Use of Flexura D should be avoided by patients suffering from the following medical conditions:
- Patients with allergy to the medicine or any of its ingredients
- Patients suffering from peptic ulcer or stomach bleeding disorders
- Patient with a known tendency of drug-induced hemolytic anemia or any kind of anemia
- Patients suffering from asthma
- Patients suffering from dehydration
10) Does Flexura D tablet cause drowsiness?
Ans: Yes, people have reported drowsiness as one of the side effects of consuming the medicine.
11) Is Flexura D tablet available in India?
Ans: Yes, Flexura is available in India at medical stores.
12) Is Flexura D tablet safe for use by children?
Ans: Flexura D should not be given to children below 12 years of age. For children above 12 years of age, a pediatrician should be consulted before providing the medicine.
13) What are the side effects of Flexura D Tablet?
Ans: Side effects of Flexura D may vary from person to person depending on the clinical condition. Here is a list of commonly reported side effects:
- Abdominal pain
- Stomach ulcers
- Ringing sensation in ears
- Hemolytic anemia
- Decreased white blood cells
- Increased liver enzymes
14) What is Flexura D used for?
Ans: The medicine is used for providing relief from pain and issue associated with muscle and sprains.
15) What is Flexura D used to treat?
Ans: The medicine is used in the treatment of backache, arthritis including rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, muscle aches, muscle relaxations, menstrual pains, dental pain, joint stiffness, etc.