Figaro Olive Oil is mild and non-irritant oil that is rich in antioxidants and suits all skin types. This oil is multipurpose oil as it is applied to the skin as well as hair. Figaro olive oil is also used for cooking and is considered healthy for the heart.
|Composition||Palmitic acid, Palmitoleic acid, Stearic acid, Oleic acid, Linoleic acid, Linolenic acid|
|Uses||Ulcerative colitis, hair growth, cardiovascular health, Alzheimer’s disease|
|Side-effects||Allergies, skin rashes, diarrhoea|
|Precautions||Should be consumed and applied in the right amount for best results|
Uses and Benefits of Figaro Olive Oil:
Following are the benefits of consuming and applying Figaro Olive Oil:
- Reduces inflammation in the body : The oil contains a high percentage of monosaturated fat known as oleic acid. Oleic acid makes up more than 73 per cent content of the oil. Various studies have suggested that oleic acid aids in reducing inflammation. Oleic acid is resistant to high heat. The oil also comprises an antioxidant named oleocanthal which works similar to anti-inflammatory drug ibuprofen. Research has shown the oleic acid present in the Figaro Olive Oil can help to reduce the levels of inflammatory markers such as C-reactive protein (CRP).
- Reduces the risk of chronic diseases : The antioxidants are biologically active and may help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases. The antioxidants also help to fight inflammation and protect blood cholesterol from oxidation.
- Figaro Olive oil is good for cardiovascular health : The monosaturated fats present in the Figaro Olive Oil reduce the level of bad cholesterol and increase the level of good cholesterol. This aids in improving the overall cardiovascular health of the patients, thereby reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Figaro Olive oil helps to fight Alzheimer’s disease : Alzheimer’s is a form of neurodegenerative disease. It is characterized by building up of beta-amyloid plaques inside the brain cells. Studies have shown that consumption of olive oil can help to remove these plaques.
- Figaro Olive oil reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes : Consuming food cooked in olive oil tends to maintain the insulin levels in the blood, thereby helping in maintaining sugar levels.
- The oil can help to cure Rheumatoid Arthritis : Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disease characterized by painful and deformed joints. Figaro Olive Oil when combined with fish oil is a rich source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids. Continuous use oil of Figaro Olive Oil has been observed to significantly improve alleviate symptoms associated with the condition such as joint pain, morning stiffness and handgrip strength.
- The oil prevents the growth of harmful bacteria : Figaro Olive Oil contains many nutrients that can inhibit or kill harmful bacteria. Consuming around 30 grams of olive oil every day can significantly eliminate infection caused by Helicobacter pylori.
- Figaro Olive oil is good for skin : Applying olive oil on skin regularly prevents the onset of acne and pimples. Figaro Olive Oil contains vitamin E which improves skin health by treating inflammation and protecting it against serious ailments such as psoriasis and skin cancer.
- The oil has anti-aging properties : Massaging Figaro Olive Oil on the face regularly helps people to delay the signs of ageing.
- Figaro Olive oil keeps hair healthy : Applying Figaro Olive Oil on the hair aids to keep them healthy and reduce hair fall. This is because the oil contains vitamin E which helps to fight hair loss.
- The oil protects from ulcerative colitis : Ulcerative colitis causes inflammation of the large intestine or colon. It is a type of IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) which has symptoms similar to that of Crohn’s disease. People consuming oleic acid every day are at reduced risk of suffering from ulcerative colitis.
- Figaro Olive oil relieves constipation : Figaro Olive Oil provides benefit to the gastrointestinal tract and colon. The texture and consistency of the Figaro Olive Oil stimulate the digestive system, making food move smoothly through the colon.
Apart from the above-mentioned uses, olive may have other uses such as –
- The oil may be used in the treatment and prevention of conditions such as endothelial dysfunction (issues relating to the inner linings of blood vessels), thrombosis.
- Consumption of Figaro Olive Oil keeps a check on carbohydrate metabolism in the body.
- Figaro Olive Oil helps to fight the symptoms of depression and improves mental health.
- Researches have proved that Figaro Olive Oil can prevent breast cancer.
- Figaro Olive Oil prevents the onset of acute pancreatitis (sudden inflammation of the pancreas).
- Extra virgin Figaro Olive Oil also keeps the liver safe from oxidative stress, a kind of cell damage due to chemical reaction amidst molecules and free radicals in the body.
- Figaro Olive Oil may also help to keep away ulcerative colitis, which causes inflammation of the large intestine, or colon.
- Applying Figaro Olive oil on the scalp helps to get rid of dandruff and also keeps it dryness-free.
- Applying a mixture of Figaro olive, honey and curd on the scalp help to reduce hair loss.
- Another use of Figaro Olive Oil is on the skin, and results have been nothing but positive.
- Figaro Olive Oil can be used as one of the ingredients to create an effective face mask, which keeps the face sharp and fresh.
- Sleeping overnight with after applying of Figaro Olive Oil on ones face can keep away acne and pimples.
Side Effects of Figaro Olive Oil:
Figaro Olive Oil is not all perfection, and can still lead to some side effects like:
- Skin rashes
- Gallbladder stones/blockage
- Unsafe for baby’s skin
Common Dosage Figaro Olive Oil:
Use in small quantities while applying on hair or face, and use judiciously when cooking food with it
Composition and Nature of Figaro Olive Oil:
Figaro Olive Oil is composed of mono-saturated fatty acids and contains small quantities of glycerol, phosphatides, sterols, pigments, flavour compounds, and microscopic bits of olive. Monosaturated fats present in the oil aid in reducing the level of low-density lipoprotein or bad cholesterol in the blood.
How Figaro Olive Oil works?
With its numerous health benefits, one really just has to ensure they know what they want out of this product and use accordingly. The oil is rich in various natural components which work differently in different conditions.
Precautions and Warnings Related To Figaro Olive Oil:
It is better to use this with other ingredients when using on the face as it is not extra virgin olive oil, while it should also not be applied in too large quantities on the hair.
Substitutes of Figaro Olive Oil:
- Unfiltered extra virgin olive oil
- Borges Olive Oil
- Oleev Extra Virgin Oil
- Disano Olive Oil
- Bertolli Classico Olive Oil
- Oleiva Gold Olive Oil
Figaro Olive Oil Interactions:
Figaro Olive Oil can be used with curd, coconut oil, gram flour, honey, and sugar and rice flour.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1) Will this brand help my dry limp hair?
Ans: Yes, Figaro Olive oil can help to improve the condition and strength of your hair. However, it is to be remembered that each hair type is different and that Figaro Olive Oil might help make better one person’s hair but may not have the same positive results on another person’s hair.
2) Can I use this oil on my body as well?
Ans: Yes, Figaro olive oil can be applied on the skin and body. The oil has anti-ageing properties that help the skin to glow and massaging the oil on the body also aids to strengthen the body.
3) What is Figaro Oil Used For?
Ans: Figaro olive oil is multipurpose oil that has several uses. The oil can be consumed to improve various health conditions and can be applied on the face as well as hair to improve their texture. Also, the oil has natural properties that make it one of the best choices for cooking purposes.
4) Can Figaro Oil be used for skin?
Ans: Yes, Figaro olive oil can be used to improve the texture and quality of the skin, the vitamin F present in the oil helps to reduce the signs of ageing and prevents the occurrence of acne and pimples.
5) Can we use Figaro olive oil for hair?
Ans: Yes. Figaro olive oil can be applied to the hair. Vitamin E present in the oil helps to nourish the scalp and keeps dryness and dandruff at bay. Also, regular application of Figaro olive oil helps in hair growth.
6) Can we use Figaro olive oil for cooking?
Ans. Yes, Figaro olive oil can be used for cooking. However, the oil belongs to the category of extra virgin olive oil, which cannot be used for high-temperature cooking.
7) Does the application of Figaro Olive Oil prevent hair loss?
Ans: Figaro Olive Oil has a moisturizing effect on the scalp that can prevent dandruff which is the main cause of hair fall. For the hair to remain healthy and long, it is important the hair strands remain strong and do not break. Regular application of olive oil helps to strengthen individual hair strands to avoid hair splits.
8) What type of Figaro Olive Oil is best for skin?
Ans: An extra-virgin olive like Figaro olive oil is considered best to be applied on the skin.
9) What is the benefit of applying Figaro Olive oil on the skin?
Ans: Extra-virgin oil like Figaro olive oil has been administered topically to alleviate everyday skin ailments. The oil has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing properties because it is packed with vitamins and antioxidants. Figaro olive oil hydrates the skin by preventing the loss of moisture and building the skin’s moisture barrier.
10) Can I keep Figaro Olive oil overnight on my hair?
Ans: Yes, you can apply Figaro Olive Oil on your hair and let it stay for overnight. Apply Figaro olive oil from root to tip and comb your hair with a wide tooth comb to let the oil be evenly distributed. Pull a shower cap over your hair and wear it overnight if you can.
11) Does Figaro Olive Oil make eyebrows grow?
Ans: Yes, regular application of Figaro Olive Oil on the eyebrows can help them grow. This is because olive oil is rich in vitamin E. Massaging the eyebrows with warm olive oil for 5 minutes before going to bed can help to stimulate eyelash growth.
12) How can I use Figaro Olive oil for glowing skin?
Ans: You can simply mix the olive oil with lemon juice and massage it on the face for a minute or two. Leave the oil on the face for 30 minutes and rinse it with warm water. And then do a final rinse with cold water.
13) Should I apply Figaro olive oil on wet or dry hair?
Ans: You may apply Figaro olive on wet or dry hair as per your preference. However, applying Figaro Olive Oil on wet hair helps the oil to penetrate the cuticle layer of wet strands and helps lock in moisture and nutrients.
14) Can the application of Figaro olive oil repair damaged hair?
Ans: Figaro Olive Oil work as a deep conditioner or even as a hot oil treatment that can soften your hair and repair any damage. To do this, you may simply apply the oil on wet hair and cover your hair with a towel or a plastic bag to keep it warm.
15) Does the use of Figaro olive oil darken my hair?
Ans: No, the application of Figaro Olive Oil does not have any impact on the colour of hair.
16) Can Figaro olive oil help in the growth of my eyelashes?
Ans: Extra virgin olive oil has a miraculous effect both on hair growth and the quality of hair strands. Continuous use of Figaro Olive Oil can help the eyelashes to grow.
17) Can Figaro Olive Oil whiten my skin?
Ans: Yes, the application of Figaro Olive Oil may help to whiten the skin if applied after mixing with lemon juice. This mixture also helps to prevent wrinkles. You may also apply olive oil after mixing it with vinegar to eliminate dark spots from the skin.
18) Is the application of Figaro Olive Oil harmful for eyes?
Ans: Exposure to Figaro Olive Oil in the eye is usually may cause temporary blurred vision.
19) Can I use Figaro olive oil to remove makeup?
Ans: Yes, Figaro Olive Oil can be used to remove makeup.