All the organs in our body are prone to infections and bacteria. There are chances that the bacteria might enter the body and affect some of the body parts. Some of the body organs that might be affected by the diseases include ears, nose, skin, lungs, throat, and more. People who are suffering from any of the aforementioned infections can use antibiotics. Faropenem is one of the best antibiotics that help in treating an extensive range of viruses in patients. Usually, infections are caused in most people due to harmful bacteria. It is an oral medication that belongs to the group of penem. This medicine is used only for oral intake. Here is everything you need to know about Faropenem, its uses, side effects, precautions, usage, dosage, interactions, side effects, related warnings, and more. Have a look!
This medicine is the best antibiotic medicine that helps in treating various bacterial infections caused to the skin, kidneys, respiratory tract, bladder, and other organs of the body. It also helps in treating the upper as well as the lower respiratory virus in an individual. If you are suffering from a gynecological disease then, Faropenem aids in the best way to cure it. People who are suffering from kidney problems and other issues should use this medicine with utmost caution. Daiichi Asubio Pharma manufactures the medicine in two different forms. This drug has the ability to cure various diseases such as skin disease, pneumonia, chronic bronchitis, and bacterial sinusitis. This medication is available in India in the composition of 200 mg or 300 mg.
Uses & Benefits of Faropenem:
There are plenty of benefits of the Faropenem tablet for people who are suffering from different bacterial viruses. Check out the uses of this medicine listed below:
- Respiratory Tract Infection: It has the ability to treat both the lower and upper respiratory tract infections. Some of the infections include pneumonia, acute bronchitis, pulmonary suppuration, Pharyngitis, and Tonsillitis.
- Prostate Infections: One who suffers from Prostate gland infections can use the Faropenem medication.
- Gynecological Infections: This medicine has the ability to treat infections related to the women’s body parts. Some of the gynecological disease include adnexitis, Bartholin’s gland infection and more.
- Genito-Urinary Infections: Some of the infections that are caused to the urinary glands include Prostates, Cystitis, Pyelonephritis and more. All these infections can be treated through the medicine.
- Skin Infections: Mostly, the doctors prescribe Faropenem medicine for those who are suffering from different types of skin infections. Some of the commonly caused skin infections include Folliculitis, Subcutaneous Abscesses, lymphangitis, and more. There are some other secondary infections of the surgical wounds that include pustular acne.
- ENT Infections: The infections that are related to the ear, nose, and throat are referred to as ENT infections. Such disease can be treated with the help of Faropenem medicine. The ENT infections include sinusitis, tympanitis, otitis externa and more.
These are some of the amazing uses of the Faropenem tablet.
Read More: Moxclav 625 Uses | C Tax-O Uses
Side Effects of Faropenem:
The Faropenem tablet comprises some active ingredients that might cause the risk of side effects in the individual who uses this medication. Some of the side effects given in this post might be severe or less complicated in some cases. However, one can consult a doctor whenever they experience any of the side effects listed in this post. Check out the potential side effects of this tablet listed below:
- Pain in the Abdomen
- A common headache
- Muscle cramps
- Irregular bowel movements
- Skin Rashes
- Lack of Vitamin supplements
- Hearing Issues
- Eye Vision problems
- Gastrointestinal Issues
- Horrible sweating
- Swollen Body
- Liver Diseases
- Ear Problems
- Pedal Oedema
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
These are some of the frequently witnessed side effects in those who use the tablet on a regular basis. Don’t ignore to consult your doctor whenever you experience the aforementioned side effects.
Read More: Nefrosave Side Effects | Candid Mouth Paint Side Effects
Common Dosages of Faropenem:
The dosage of Faropenem medicine will depend on the age and the condition of the patient. The Faropenem tablet dose also relies on the type of infection affected by the individual. We have included the type of disease alongside the dosage of the Faropenem tablet below:
- For Skin Infections: 150 to 200 mg tablet that must be used twice a day
- For Upper Respiratory Tract Infections: 150 mg to 200 mg tablet at least two times per day
- For ENT infections: 200 mg to 300 mg tablet twice a day
- For Lower Respiratory Tract Infections: 200 mg to 300 mg tablet two times in a day
- For Gynecological Infections: 150 mg to 200 mg tablet two times a day
- For Urinary Tract Infections: 200 mg to 300 mg tablet twice a day
These are the recommended dosages for those who are suffering from a variety of bacterial viruses.
Read More: Nexpro Dosages | Nutrolin B Dosages
Composition and Nature of Faropenem:
Faropenem is composed of active ingredients such as sodium and medoxomil. Using these ingredients, the manufacturers will make this medicine.
Read More: Olix 0.1% Ointment Composition | Calcium Sandoz Composition
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Faropenem?
One can use this medication before the consumption of food or after food. However, try to consume the tablet as prescribed by the doctor. If you intake the medication in higher dosage then, it becomes a huge problem in the patients. Don’t stop using this medicine in the middle. Try to consume the tablets until the completion of the treatment course. Never hinder the usage of Faropenem tablet sans reporting it to the health physician.
- If you are a pregnant woman then, it is not recommended to intake this medication. You must consult your doctor before consuming this medication.
- The breastfeeding women should not consume the medication as it might show a massive impact on the kids.
- If you are suffering from Diarrhea then, you need to consult a doctor before using the Faropenem medication. It might show adverse effects on the patient.
- If you have a risk of allergic conditions then, you need to intake the Faropenem medication with utmost caution.
- The patients must avoid the dosage of Faropenem medicine if they have any other bacterial disease. Due to the drug resistance, you might cause toxicity.
- If you are Geriatric patients then, it might enhance the jeopardy of adverse effects.
- If you have a history of renal impairment then, you should be safe before using the medication. If you intake the medicines for both the disorders then, there might be a risk of complicated side effects.
One must follow some precautions before consuming this medication. Some of the precautions that every patient must follow include the following:
- Stay safe if you have a kidney-related issue
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, just stay safe and cautious
- The adult and elderly people should be cautious before using this medicine
- If you have Diarrhea or vitamin K deficiency then, you must consult a doctor
Substitutes for Faropenem:
Here are some of the major substitutes to the Faropenem tablet:
- Alpenam O 200mg Tablet
- Duonem 200 mg Tablet
- Faroalfa 200 mg Tablet
- Farobact 200 Tablet
- Faroeze 200 mg Tablet
- Faronac 200 mg Tablet
- Faronem 200 Tablet
- Farotab 200 mg Tablet
- Farotum 200 mg Tablet
- Farozet 200 mg Tablet
- Merosure O 200 mg Tablet
- Minem 200 Tablet
- Orpenem 200mg Tablet
- Suplo Pen Tablet 200mg
- Vyopem 200mg Tablet
- Zyfor 200mg Tablet
Faropenem Interactions with Other Drugs:
Not all the drugs interact with the Faropenem medication. However, there are some medicines that show massive interaction with your tablets. In such a case, they might show some adverse effects on the patient. The medicine might not work properly due to the consumption of medicines for some other diseases. Here are some of the major interactions with this medicine listed below.
- Sodium Valproate
Besides drug interactions, we can even find some of the food interactions and lab interactions. Check out the disease interactions as given below:
People who are suffering from renal dysfunction or kidney diseases should be cautious before using this medicine. It might show some severe adverse effects on the individual. At the time of using Faropenem medicine, you must consult a doctor and keep track of the functioning of your kidneys. Based on the working condition of the kidney, your doctor will prescribe the dosage of Faropenem medicine.
How to Use Faropenem?
Faropenem medicine must be consumed by the patient twice a day. One must intake this medication through the mouth as it is an oral medicine.
When Not to Use Faropenem?
People who are suffering from some other diseases such as allergy and more should not use this medication. If you have an allergy to Faropenem tablet or other medicines that belong to the group of antibiotics are not recommended to use this medicine.
How does Faropenem work?
The drug shows a broad range of antibacterial activity and can act against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria aerobes and anaerobes.
The Faropenem tablet has the ability to treat the various bacterial viruses that are usually witnessed in different parts of the body. This medicine has the ability to intervene with bacterial cell wall synthesis. This drug also provides an extensive array of antibacterial activity. It has the ability to combat negative as well as positive bacteria.
Check out the commonly asked questions about the Faropenem tablet used to treat the various bacterial viruses. We have listed all the frequently asked questions about this medication below:
1) Can I Use Faropenem when Pregnant?
Ans: There is no recommendation about the usage of this medicine in pregnant women. However, consult your doctor before using this medicine.
2) Can I Drive a Vehicle while using this product?
Ans: Yes, you may not have to worry about whether you can drive a vehicle or not. It doesn’t show any kind of adverse effects on the patient who uses this medicine.
3) How to Store Faropenem Medicine?
Ans: Faropenem medicine can be stored in a cool or dry place and keep away from moisture conditions.
4) How Can I Use Faropenem Medicine?
Ans: As it is an oral medication, you can intake this medication directly through your mouth.
5) Are there any contradictions to Faropenem?
Ans: Yes, if the patient is allergic to Faropenem tablet then, it becomes a contradiction.
6) Will this medicine become an addiction?
Ans: No, there are no addictive ingredients present in the Faropenem tablet. You won’t become addicted to this medicine even after using it for a long time.
7) Can I Hinder the usage of this medicine immediately?
Ans: No, you should not stop the consumption of this medicine suddenly. It might show some additional side effects on the patient. It is always recommended to intake this product until and unless your doctor tells you to stop using it.
8) Can I Operate Heavy Machinery while consuming this medicine?
Ans: If you feel drowsy or dizziness after the consumption of this medicine then, it is better to avoid operating some heavy machinery.
9) Can I Intake this tablet before or after food?
Ans: Usually, the doctor prescribes the patients to consume the medication after food. However, consult your doctor before using it.
10) What happens when the dosage becomes over?
Ans: If the dosage becomes over then, it might show an impact on the risk of the side effects of this medication. You might confront severe side effects due to the overdosage.
That’s all! These are the most commonly asked doubts and queries about Faropenem medicine. If you have any doubts regarding this tablet, you can find the appropriate solution through this post.