Evion capsule is like any other multivitamin medication that is prescribed to patients to help them with the treatment/prevention of any medical condition caused due to the deficiency of a particular vitamin (or group thereof). Evion capsule is manufactured and distributed by Merck Consumer Healthcare Ltd, and it can be obtained at any pharmacist near you without having to present a valid prescription from a doctor/medical expert. Evion capsule is more commonly prescribed to patients with deficiency of vitamin E, in order to help the regulation of several bodily functions.
Uses and Benefits of Evion Capsule:
Evion capsule is used for the treatment and/or prevention of a large number of medical conditions, which may include but are not limited to the following:
• Vitamin E deficiency: albeit a rare occurrence, the deficiency of vitamin E causes excessive damage to cells due to uncontrolled oxidation. The deficiency of vitamin E can also cause myopathic as well as neurological disorders.
• Cystic fibrosis: this medical condition is caused to the inability of the patient’s body to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, leading to the formation of thick, sticky mucus in the lungs, pancreas, and/or other organs.
• Improving skin and hair: Evion capsule has several antioxidant properties that help in the maintenance of healthy hair and skin. The tocopheryl acetate present in the capsule helps repair the damage to hair follicles that controls and prevents excessive hair fall as well.
• Prevention of menstrual cramps
• Heart attack and cardiac arrest
• Muscle cramps and fatigue
• Improves mail fertility
• The occurrence of stretch marks: the tocopheryl acetate present in the Evion capsule has antioxidant properties that help prevent as well reduce the occurrence of stretch marks by maintaining its elasticity as well as keeping the skin hydrated.
Side Effects of Evion Capsule:
Since Evion capsule is a multivitamin, it rarely causes any severely dangerous side effects in patients. However, given below are a few of the possible side effects patients may experience during consumption of Evion capsule:
• Stomach pain
• Fatigue/loss of energy
• Blurred vision
Side effects in patients may be a result of improper dosage, or due to allergic reactions. In case the patient is allergic to one or more components of the Evion capsule, it is strongly recommended to consult a medical expert immediately for dose readjustment/replacement.
Common Dosage of Evion Capsule:
The dose prescribed for a patient is dependent on a few factors, such as the age and gender of the patient, their medical history, as well as any pre-existing medical ailments that the patient might be suffering from.
The general dose for the Evion capsule is one tablet per day, but this quantity can be increased or decreased depending upon the medical condition (as well as severity thereof) of the patient. For best results, it is advised that the patient takes the Evion capsule after food, as well as at the same time each day.
Composition and Nature of Evion Capsule:
Essentially, this capsule is a multivitamin. A multivitamin medication is a chemical preparation consisting of more than one vitamin/mineral, which usually serves as a dietary supplement. The benefits of said multivitamins are observed in the longer run, hence the course of multivitamins can vary anywhere from three months to a few years, and even for life. The general composition of multivitamins does not contain hormones, herbs, and/or drugs, to ensure minimal side effects.
The main active ingredient for Evion capsules is tocopheryl acetate, more commonly identified as Vitamin E acetate. It is a common ingredient for dermatological products and/or medication due to its ability to penetrate the skin and reach the living cells.
How Evion Works?
The medicinal benefits of the Evion capsule are due to its main ingredient, tocopheryl acetate. The vitamin E present in the Evion capsule slows down as well as prevents the damage to cells caused due to uncontrolled oxidation. Tocopheryl acetate has antioxidant properties that help in repairing the oxidative damage caused to the cell membranes and prevents any further deterioration. The oxidative damage to cells is caused by free radicals present in the body. Vitamin E in the Evion capsule binds (chemically reacts) with these free radicals to stop their oxidizing action. Also, it inhibits the production of any more free radicals in the body.
Warnings/Precautions – When to avoid it?
• Store the medicine in a cool, dark, and dry place, away from direct heat and moisture exposure.
• Do not consume the Evion capsule in more quantity than as prescribed by the physician.
• Patients who have a history of or a pre-existing medical condition concerning the liver and/or the kidney must take the Evion capsule with caution to prevent further deterioration in their condition.
• Patients with any of the following conditions must also be careful while consuming the Evion capsule:
– stomach bleeding disorder, ulcers
– deficiency of vitamin K
– eye disorder
• The Evion capsule may interact with contraceptive medication and nullify or reduce their effects.
• Evion capsule must only be prescribed to pregnant and/or lactating women if absolutely necessary, or if the diet of the patient is inadequate in curing the deficiency of vitamin E in the patient’s body.
Substitutes of Evion Capsule:
The following medicines can serve as viable alternatives for the Evion capsule:
• Bio E 400 mg capsule – manufactured by Dr. Reddys Laboratories Ltd
• E Vin 400 mg capsule – manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
• Edge 400 mg capsule – manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
• Evita 400 mg capsule – manufactured by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
• Vit-E 400 mg capsule – manufactured by Zydus Cadila