Emanzen D tablet is a pain relief medication which falls under the group analgesics. The medicine aids in subsiding pain and inflammation in the body. Emanzen-D is a non-steroidal drug which helps to alleviate discomfort associated with inflammation of muscles, joints and menstrual cramps.
|Composition:||Diclofenac (50 mg) + Serratiopeptidase (10 mg)|
|Uses:||Bones and joint pain, muscle pain, soft tissue injury, sprains and strains|
|Side-effects:||dizziness, gas, indigestion, headache, nausea, diarrhoea, constipation, drowsiness, stuffy nose, itching|
|Precautions:||Bleeding disorders, lactating mothers, pregnant women|
Emanzen D 50 mg/10 mg tablet is manufactured and marketed by Emcure Pharmaceuticals limited and it is a prescription-only drug.
Emanzen D Tablet Composition and Nature:
Emanzen D is composed primarily of two active drugs.
- Diclofenac Sodium-50 mg : Diclofenac is a painkiller which is non-steroidal in nature. The medicine provides quick relief from pain and inflammation.
- Serratiopeptidase-10 mg : Serratiopeptidase is the component that reduces swelling and inflammation associated with painful joints and muscles.
Emanzen D Tablet Uses:
Emanzen D is used for the treatment and prevention of the following conditions:
- All kind of swellings due to injury or physical reasons.
- Joint pains due to rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Post-operative (Joints, bones, dental) swellings and pain.
- Tendonitis and ankylosing spondylitis.
- Fractures, muscle strain or frozen shoulder.
- Blood clots.
- Headaches, migraine and for air cavities around nose.
- Throat and ear infection.
- Severe menstrual pain.
Emanzen D Tablet Side Effects:
Some of the side effects associated with the consumption of Emanzen tablets are –
- Nausea and constipation
Prolonged consumption of the medicine may cause side effects such as –
- Weight loss
- Dark stools
People hypersensitive to the ingredients present in the medicine may experience the following side effects –
- Swelling of the tongue and face
Other side effects associated with the consumption of Emanzen D tablets include –
- Rise in blood pressure
- Ulceration of stomach
- Liver damage
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Nose bleeds and skin eruptions
- If a patient experiences these side effects for a prolonged duration, he/she must immediately consult a doctor.
Emanzen D Tablet Dosage:
The doctor may decide the dosage depending upon the health condition and age of the patient. The generally prescribed dosage for Emanzen D is 1 tablet per day. The dosage may be increased to 3 tablets per day at an interval of 8 hours.
- Missed Dose : If a patient misses a dose of Emanzen-D tablets, it must be taken as soon as the patient remembers about it. However, if it is almost the time to consume the next dose, the previous dose must be skipped. Patients are advised not to consume two doses to compensate for the missed dose.
- Overdose : Administering more than the prescribed dose of the medicine, may lead to severe side effects and affect the health of a person. If an overdose is suspected, the patient must immediately visit a doctor.
How to use Emanzen D tablets?
- The tablets must be consumed orally.
- The medicine may be taken with milk or water immediately after having a meal. Taking medicine after having food reduces the chances of a gastric upset.
- The tablet should not be crushed, chewed or broken before its consumption.
How Does Emanzen D Tablet Works?
Emanzen D reduces pain, inflammation, swelling and associated symptoms by acting on a biochemical compound called prostaglandin. Prostaglandins are chemical compounds that bring in local vasodilation/vasoconstriction in tissues which results in inflammation, pain, fever etc.
Emanzen D functions by blocking the activity of Cyclooxygenase enzyme which catalyzes the formation of Prostaglandins in the body. The medicine also aids in the breakdown of abnormal protein molecules present in the inflamed region to promote swift and quick healing.
When Emanzen D Tablet is prescribed?
The medicine is generally prescribed to provide relief from pain and discomfort that may occur due to
- Tendonitis and ankylosing spondylitis
- Fractures, muscle strain or frozen shoulder
- Headaches, migraine and for air cavities around the nose
- Throat and ear infection
- Severe menstrual pain
Precautions and Warnings – When to Avoid Emanzen D Tablet?
Following warnings and precautions must be kept in mind while administering Emanzen D tablets –
- The patients must inform the doctor about any ongoing treatment or upcoming surgery prior to starting the consumption of the medicine.
- The doctor must also be informed about the current medicines or herbal supplements being consumed by the patient.
- Patients suffering from heart-related conditions or those who are about to undergo a heart bypass surgery must consume the medicine only on the advice of a doctor.
- Patients allergic to anti-inflammatory drugs should refrain from consuming Emanzen D.
- Patients suffering from kidney related ailments must exercise extra caution while consuming Emanzen D tablets. They may require close monitoring of the health condition during the consumption of Emanzen D tablet. The dose may be adjusted by the doctor to cause a minimum side effect.
- People with serious liver ailments should inform the doctor about their condition before commencing the treatment with Emanzen D as it may have a negative impact on the patient’s health.
- Emanzen D should never be taken along with alcohol as it puts the patient under high risk of gastric bleeding.
- Pregnant women must not consume this medicine as it may cross the placental barrier and have an adverse effect on the fetus.
- Lactating mothers and women trying to conceive should use doctor’s discretion before commencing treatment.
- Driving is not recommended while being under Emanzen D treatment as it may occasionally cause headaches and dizziness.
Substitutes for Emanzen D Tablet:
Following drugs are composed of the same key ingredients and hence have a similar effect and mode of action.
- Fenase Tablet by Lifeline Remedies India Private Limited.
- Dyrect Tablet manufactured by Ozone Pharmaceuticals.
- Diclomol SP 10 Tablets from Win-Medicare Private Limited.
- SN 15 Plus Tablet from Serum Institute of India Limited.
- Cipzen D Tablet by Cipla Limited.
Emanzen D Tablet Interactions:
Interaction with medicine
Emanzen D may interact with the following medicines –
Interactions with diseases
Emanzen D interacts with a variety of health conditions such as –
- Allergic Asthma
- Allergic Skin Reactions
- Gastric Ulceration And Bleeding
- Kidney Disease
- Heart Ailments
Interaction with alcohol
- Consuming alcohol along with Emanzen-D may lead to severe side effects such as gastric bleeding.
Medicine that should not be taken with Emanzen D Tablet:
The medicine must not be consumed with the following medicines –
Emanzen D Tablet Price in India:
|Emanzen D||Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd.||INR 145|
How to store Emanzen D Tablet?
- The medicine must be stored in a cool and dry place.
- The medicine must be kept away from direct heat and sunlight.
- The medicine must be kept away from the reach of pets and children.
1) Is it safe to drive after administering Emanzen-D?
Ans: Yes, it is safe to drive after administering Emanzen-D tablets. The medicine is not known to induce dizziness or drowsiness in the patients. However, if a patient feels dizzy after the consumption of this medicine he/she should avoid driving.
2) Can Emanzen-D Tablet be administered along with antibiotics?
Ans: It is not advisable to administer Emanzen-D along with antibiotics as they may cause severe side effects. Patients are advised to avoid self-medicating and co-administer the drugs only on the advice of a doctor.
3) Is Emanzen-D safe for the consumption of lactating mothers?
Ans: No, consumption of Emanzen-D tablets is not advised for lactating mothers as it may pass through the milk and affect the baby’s health. A breastfeeding woman must only consume medicine on the advice of a doctor.
4) Is Emanzen-D safe to be administered by pregnant women?
Ans: The medicine is not deemed safe for use by pregnant females as it is known to cause an adverse effect on the developing fetus. The doctor must be consulted before starting a dose of this medicine for specific instructions and appropriate dosage warnings.
5) Is Emanzen-D Tablet addictive in nature?
Ans: No, Emanzen-D Tablet is not known to be addictive in nature. All addictive drugs in India are classified under schedule X or H. It is advised to read the packaging label of the drug carefully for all the related information.
6) What will happen if I continuously forget to take Emanzen D?
Ans: Missing a single dose of medicine may not cause much effect. However, for a medicine to work properly some concentration of medicine should always be present in the body. If a patient continuously misses the dose of the Emanzen D, the medicine may not be able to completely cure the condition it has been prescribed for.
7) What is the general recommended dosage of Emanzen-D Tablet?
Ans: The generally prescribed of Emanzen-D tablets is 1 tablet per day. The frequency of the dosage may be increased to 3 tablets per day if prescribed by the doctor. The doctor may alter the frequency of the medicine depending upon the health condition and age of the patient.
8) Should I administer Emanzen-D Tablet before or after having a meal?
Ans: It is commonly advised to consume the medicine after having a meal for better absorption, maximum efficacy and increased effect. For case-specific recommendations, it is advised to consult a doctor before starting the dose of the medicine.
9) What is the medicine used to treat?
Ans: Emanzen-D Tablet is generally used to treat and relieve the condition of patients experiencing pain due to arthritis, fractures, tendonitis and ankylosing spondylitis, throat and ear infection, menstrual pain etc.
10) What if I miss a single dose of Emanzen D?
Ans: It is generally advised to take the missed dose as soon as possible. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, it is recommended to administer the next dose and not take the skipped dose. Under no circumstance should a double dose be taken to compensate for the missed dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or other side effects.
11) I have taken a double dose of Emanzen-D Tablet. What should I do?
Ans: In case of a suspected overdose, it is advised to consult a doctor to seek remedial action.
12) Is Emanzen-D Tablet available as an Over- the- Counter medicine?
Ans: Yes, Emanzen-D Tablet is available as an over the counter medicine. However, it is strongly recommended that patients administer medicine only on the advice of a doctor.
13) What are the common side effects associated with Emanzen-D Tablet?
Ans: The common side effects associated with Emanzen-D Tablet are abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhoea, skin rashes, tinnitus etc.
14) Can I take Emanzen-D Tablet along with antidepressants?
Ans: Antidepressants are not recommended to be administered along with Emanzen-D Tablets as they may cause severe side effects when co-administered. A doctor must be consulted for advice before starting the dose of any medicine to avoid the occurrence of side effects arising out of medication interactions.
15) Can I immediately stop the consumption of this medicine as soon as I see improvement in my conditions?
Ans: No, it is not advisable to abruptly stop or alter the dosage of the medicine even if an improvement in the condition is experienced. Leaving the course of medicine in between may not completely cure the condition it has been prescribed for. The doctor must be consulted before stopping the consumption of the medicine as he may prescribe an alternate dose if side effects persist.
16) What are the storage instructions for the medicine?
- The medicine should be stored away from direct sunlight and heat.
- It should be stored in a dry and cool place.
- The medicine should be kept out of reach of pets and children
17) Is Emanzen-D banned in India?
Ans: Emanzen-D is an over-the-counter medicine that is readily available at all medical stores. It is not banned in India.
18) Is Emanzen-D a prescription-only drug?
Ans: No, Emanzen-D is an over-the-counter medicine bearing analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Although it can be purchased without getting a prescription from a doctor, it is always advised to consult a doctor before starting the dosage of the medicine.
19) Can administering Emanzen-D Tablet cause abdominal pain?
Ans: Yes, abdominal pain is a very common side effect associated with the use of Emanzen-D Tablets. Patients are advised to visit a doctor if the pain persists for a prolonged duration.
20) What are the general precautions and warnings to be followed while taking Emanzen-D Tablet?
Ans: It is advised to stop the consumption of alcohol during the course of Emanzen-D. This is because consuming alcohol while administering the medicine may cause adverse side effects such as weakness, drowsiness, dizziness, fainting, headaches, or changes in the heart rate.
- Emanzen-D tablet is not recommended to be administered to children.
- Patients suffering from severe liver-related ailments must exercise caution while administering Emanzen-D Tablets.
- Patients suffering from kidney related ailments are not advised to administer this medicine. The medicine must only be administered post consultation from a doctor. Regular monitoring of the kidney function may be advised by the doctor in such cases.
- Pregnant women are not advised to use this medicine as it may cause pose a health-related threat to the developing fetus. The medicine must only be administered if it is deemed absolutely necessary by a doctor and if the benefits outweigh the risks.
- Elderly patients should exercise extreme caution while using the medicine as the probability of occurrence of side effects in such patients is higher.
21) What will happen if I accidentally consume an expired dose of Emanzen-D Tablet?
Ans: Although it is always recommended to check the expiry date of the medicine before administering it, a single expired dose may not cause any severe side effects. It must be noted that the efficacy of the medicine may be affected as an expired tablet will not be as effective in treating the symptoms. In case of experiencing any severe side effects, a doctor must be consulted immediately to seek remedial action.
22) Do I need to avoid a particular food item while administering a dose of Emanzen-D tablet?
Ans: No, you do not need to avoid a particular food item while administering a dose of Emanzen-D tablet. The medicine is not known to cause any interaction with food items.