Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule is a drug belonging to the category of statins which reduces the levels of low-density lipoprotein or bad cholesterol in the body. It is also used in the treatment and prevention of dyslipidemia (high levels of lipids in the blood) and cardiovascular disorders. The medicine is usually prescribed to prevent stroke and heart attack as it helps cure narrowing of arteries due to high cholesterol levels in the body. Ecosprin AV 75 is manufactured by USV Limited.
Uses and Benefits of Ecosprin AV 75:
Ecosprin AV 75 may be used for the treatment and prevention of various diseases as well as medical conditions. Some of which include –
- Dyslipidemia – higher than normal cholesterol and fats in the blood.
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Type III Hyperlipoproteinemia – a rare genetic disorder characterized by improper breakdown (metabolism) of certain fatty materials known as lipids, specifically cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Hypertriglyceridemia – a high level of certain types of fat in the blood.
- Hypercholesterolemia – high amount of cholesterol in the blood.
Side Effects of Ecosprin AV 75:
There may be some side effects to Ecosprin AV 75. However, their occurrence is not guaranteed. Side effects may vary from person to person. Some of the side effects associated with the consumption of this medicine may include –
- Abdominal Pain
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Skin Rashes
- Yellowing of eyes or skin
- Joint pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Drowsiness and cough
- Muscle pain
- Acid or sour stomach
- Excessive air or gas in stomach
- Blood in urine
- Redness of skin especially on the face and neck
- Increased liver enzymes
- Increased glucose levels
- Stomach pain
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Erectile dysfunction
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Severe backache
- Chest pain
- Allergic reactions
Consumption of Ecosprin 75 Capsule may –
- Increase the secretion of liver enzymes thereby impairing liver function.
- Lead to an increased tendency to bleed since aspirin is an antiplatelet drug.
- May also lead to a rise in glucose levels.
Common Dosage of Ecosprin AV 75:
The medicine must be consumed in the manner as prescribed by the doctor. Care must be taken to take the medicine at regular intervals without any delays. The capsule must be swallowed whole, and not broken, crushed or chewed. The patients are advised to take Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule after a meal, as this would prevent an upset stomach.
- Missed Dose: In case a dose of Ecosprin AV 75 is missed, one should take it as soon as they remember it. In case it is already time for the next dose as per prescription, then the missed dose should be skipped and the next dose should be taken as scheduled. One should not take extra doses in order to make up for the missed dose.
- Overdose: In case this drug is taken in a higher dose than required, immediate medical attention must be sought.
- Expired Dose: A single dose of expired Ecosprin AV 75 is unlikely to produce any side effects. However, in case one feels unwell, they must bring it to the notice of their physician. Expired drug is unable to produce the desired result and hence may not cure the health condition for which it is required.
Composition & Nature of Ecosprin AV 75:
The medicine belongs to a group of drugs known as statins, which are usually prescribed to lower the level of cholesterol in the blood which reduces heart attack and stroke risk.
The active ingredients in the composition of Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule are:
- Atorvastatin (10mg)
- Aspirin / Acetylsalicylic acid (75mg)
Atorvastatin is an ingredient which lowers lipid levels and blocks an enzyme required in the body to make cholesterol. It lowers bad cholesterol (LDL), triglycerides and raises the good cholesterol (HDL).
Aspirin/Acetylsalicylic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with anti-platelet action. It prevents the platelets from sticking together and decreases the formation of harmful blood clots.
How Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule Works?
It is a combination of two medicines namely, Atorvastatin and Aspirin. These two medicines work together to prevent heart attacks and strokes.
- Atorvastatin: Atorvastatin belongs to a class of lipid-lowering drugs. It works by blocking the release of enzymes that make bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) in the body. In addition, the drug reduces the level of triglycerides and increases goods cholesterol (high-density lipoprotein) in the body.
- Aspirin: Aspirin belongs to a class of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It performs an antiplatelet action i.e. it decrease platelet aggregation and inhibit thrombus (blood clot) formation. This action reduces the risk of a heart attack and strokes.
Warnings/Precautions- When to avoid Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule?
There are certain warnings and precautions which must be kept in mind to ensure the proper and safe use of Ecosprin AV 75 Capsules. Some of the related warnings and precautions are –
- The patients are advised not to take Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule with alcohol, as the Aspirin may interact with alcohol and cause bleeding in the stomach.
- The medicine is not considered safe to be consumed by pregnant women. It may cause harmful effects on the developing fetus. The patient must consult a doctor before starting Ecosprin AV 75.
- Ecosprin AV 75 should not be used during breastfeeding as it may cause adverse effects to the baby.
- Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule may cause drowsiness, making it unsafe to drive after taking the medicine.
- Patients with kidney diseases must use Ecosprin AV 75 with caution. A dose adjustment may be required to prevent harmful interactions.
- Patients with liver diseases should use Ecosprin AV 75 cautiously, only as per the prescription of the doctor. Patients with severe liver problems should not use this medicine.
- Patients with stomach ulcers should not take this medicine as it may increase the risk of bleeding in the stomach.
- Patients with asthma should not use Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule as it may worsen the existing condition.
- Elderly patients should use this medicine after a dose adjustment as it may cause muscle degradation and weakness.
- People with low blood pressure may need to consult the doctor before taking Ecosprin AV 75.
- Patients with diabetes should use Ecosprin AV 75 with caution as it may lead to an increase in glucose levels in the blood.
- Patients with existing muscle disorders or a history of muscle disorders should use this medicine with caution as it may cause muscle and joint pain.
- Children below the age of 10 years or suffering from fever, flu symptoms, or chickenpox should not take Ecosprin AV 75 as it may lead to a fatal condition called Reye’s syndrome.
Substitutes for Ecosprin AV 75:
There are other medications available which may be used in place of Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule. These alternate medicines/substitutes include:
- Aztor Asp 75 Capsule manufactured by Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Limited
- Atorva Asp 75 capsule manufactured by Zydus Cadila Limited
- New Modlip-Asg 75 Capsule manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Stator Asp 75 Capsule manufactured by Abbott Health
- Mactor Asp 75 Capsule manufactured by Macleods
- Lipicure-As 75Mg Capsule manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Atchol-Asp Capsule manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Liponorm Asp Capsule manufactured by Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd.
- Lipikind Asp Capsule manufactured by Mankind Pharma Ltd.
- Tg Tor Plus Capsule manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Ecotor-AS 10mg/75mg manufactured by Bonsai Pharma
- Modlip Asp 10 mg/75 mg Tablet Capsule manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Durastat Asp 10 mg/75 mg Tablet manufactured by Shreya Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- A Vin AS 10mg/75mg Tablet manufactured by BestoChem Formulations India Ltd.
- Vedator-AS 10mg/75mg manufactured by Vidakem Lifesciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Atoxcare ASP 10mg/75mg Capsule manufactured by Radix Pharmaceuticals
- Aspisol AV 10mg/75mg Capsule manufactured by Shreya Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Aspivas 10 mg/75 mg Capsule manufactured by Micro Labs Ltd.
1) What is Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule used for?
Ans: It is used to treat health conditions like high cholesterol, cardiovascular diseases, and prevention of heart attack, the risk of stroke, pain, fever, and rheumatic fever. This medicine is also used to treat pericarditis, kawasaki disease, dyslipidemia and prevention of atherosclerotic stroke. The patient should inform the doctor about any ongoing medications and treatments before using Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule to avoid any undesirable effects.
2) How should one take Ecosprin AV 75?
Ans: Ecosprin AV 75 must be taken as a whole with food. Taking the medicine with food promotes faster absorption. Patients with asthma, peptic ulcer, and improper liver or kidney function must take precautions and consult a doctor before taking this medicine. The capsule must be swallowed with water without opening or crushing it.
3) Is Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule an over the counter or prescription drug?
Ans: No, It is not an over the counter medicine as it is taken only after doctor’s prescription.
4) What is the onset of action of Ecosprin AV 75?
Ans: The effect of Ecosprin AV 75 is cumulative and hence it may take up to three to five days to observe its effects.
5) What is the duration of effect of Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule?
Ans: Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule remains active in the body for up to three to four days after the onset of action.
6) Is Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule a habit-forming drug?
Ans: After extensive medical research on Ecosprin AV 75, no habit-forming tendencies of the drug have been reported.
7) Under which health conditions should one not take Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule?
Ans: It should not be started or discontinued under the following health conditions:
- Allergy: Patients with a history of allergy to aspirin, atorvastatin, or any other inactive ingredients present along with these medicines must not take Ecosprin AV 75.
- Bleeding Disorder: This medicine is not recommended to be used in patients with peptic ulcer, bleeding disorders due to an increased risk of worsening the patient’s condition.
- Active Liver Disease: Known history of liver diseases or any abnormalities of liver function tests must be taken into consideration before taking Ecosprin AV 75.
8) Is it safe for a diabetic to take Ecosprin AV 75?
Ans: Diabetics with high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period of time tend to have high blood pressure and the associated risks like heart problems, strokes due to blood clotting. In case patient’s blood is made thinner, it will not clot and hence heart attacks and strokes can be prevented. For diabetics, this capsuleis not recommended to be used as per expert medical research.
9) What is the onset of action of Ecosprin AV 75?
Ans: The peak effect of Ecosprin AV 75 can be observed within 3 to 5 hours.
10) How long does the duration of effect of Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule last?
Ans: This medicine is excreted largely through faeces and the effect lasts for about 57 to 76 hours.