Ecosprin 75 MG tablet is a Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug (NSAID) which is available over the counter. However, it is always advisable to take Ecosprin 75 under doctors’ advice that will provide the right dosage and duration.
|Nature of Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet:||NSAID|
|Uses of Ecosprin 75:||Joint pain, Period pain, Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis|
|Composition of Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet:||Aspirin|
|Side effects of Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet:||Breathlessness, Nausea, Vomiting, Asthma|
|Precautions of Ecosprin 75:||Asthma, High blood pressure, Stomach ulcers, Heart failure|
Ecosprin 75 is an anti-platelet drug that prevents clotting in blood vessels and relieves pain and inflammation. Ecosprin 75 MG can be taken in combination with other anti-platelets. Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet is mainly used for preventing heart attack, cardiac arrest and stroke.
Composition and Nature of Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet:
The active ingredient in this ecosprin is Aspirin. Each tablet contains 75g aspirin. Aspirin belongs to the class of NSAID. It lessens the production of chemical called prostaglandins. Aspirin blocks the production prostaglandins and relieves the body pain. Aspirin is also treated as a blood thinner because of its anti-platelet properties.
Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet is a blood thinner. In low doses, it acts as an antiplatelet action as it prevents platelets from sticking together. It is safe to use Ecosprin 75 as prescribed by the doctor.
Ecosprin is a safe medicine used for short term use. It is quite effective if taken as per the prescription and correct dosage. It is mostly available in 14 strips at the market
Uses and Benifits of Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet:
Being an anti-coagulant, reduces risk of heart attack and any other cardiac problems. Ecosprin 75 is also prescribed to relieve joint pain, period pain, Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and pericarditis. Ecosprin 75 is also recommended for blood thinning in heart related ailments, reducing the risk of stroke and Kawasaki disease (inflammation of the blood vessels).
Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet is also used in treating acne as it contains salicyclic acid. This acid is a common component of most of the creams. Generic aspirin in used for the relief of symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis and pleurisy associated with SLE. Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet is also used as an analgesic for instant relief of minor to moderate pains, as an antipyretic to treat fever.
According to a recent study, Ecosprin 75 is used to reduce the effect of cancer as it lowers the risk of colorectal cancer and other tumors. Patients should be well informed about the side effects of the aspirin treatment. But it should not be viewed as a substitute for colonoscopy and other cancer related screening tests.
Side Effects of Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet:
Before you start your treatment with Ecosprin 75 you have to acquaint yourself with the possible side effects, precautions and contradictions that are caused by this drug.
Some of the reported/documented side effects include:
- Gastrointestinal irritation,
- Angio neurotic edema,
- Reduced blood platelets,
- Gastric ulcer,
- Bleeding disorder and
- Life-threatening skin condition
Common Dosage of Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet:
Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet has to be taken as per the dose and duration and as per the instructions of your doctor. It should be swallowed whole. Do not crush, break or chew it. Ecosprin 75 MG has to be taken with food.
In case if you miss a dose, it is advisable to skip the missed dose if it is already time for next dose. Do not take double dose to balance the missed dose. In case of overdose, patients should seek medical emergency immediately to lessen the side effects of Ecosprin 75.
How to Use Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet?
It is always suggested to take Ecosprin 75 as prescribed by the doctor. Do not take Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet in small or large quantities; it will be effective only when taken according to the prescription. Swallow Ecosprin 75 MG as a whole and do not crush, chew or break. Always take this medicine along with food. Ecosprin 75 should be stored in a dry place, away from heat and light. For more details, you can refer the details written on the packaging.
The ecosprin 75 MG Tablet should not be used in the following medical conditions:
- Allergy: Avoid if you have an allergy to Aspirin
- Asthma: This medicine is contraindicated if the patient is diagnosed with Asthma or other respiratory diseases.
- Peptic ulcer: Do not take Ecosprin if you have peptic ulcer as it can cause you swelling, bleeding in stomach and ulcer.
- Kidney disease: Ecosprin is said to be harmful for kidney patients.
Some of the safety tips to keep in mind while taking Ecosprin 75:
- Keep Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet away from the reach of children.
- In order to avoid serious interactions, always check with your pharmacist before using Ecosprin 75 MG.
How Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet works?
Ecosprin 75 MG tablet is a blood thinner which prevents formation of blood clots and subsequently blockages in the blood vessels that can be fatal. Ecosprin 75 effectively blocks cyclo-oxygenase which produces prostaglandins. These chemicals are produced in the body and are the main cause for causing pain and inflammation.
Here are few things to keep in mind while taking Ecosprin 75:
- Take Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet along with food in order to avoid bleeding in stomach and intestine. Tell your doctor if you notice black stools or cough up blood. If the medication is causing you any side effect, communicate with your doctor to lessen the problem.
Precautions and Warnings – When to Avoid Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet?
Patients should always start medication before reading the warning label. They should always read if the medication will interact with other medicines or food.
Always ask the physicist if you are not getting anything written as prescription.
- Patients taking Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet should keep in mind the following warnings.
- Do not take Aspirin with alcohol as it will increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Ecosprin 75 MG should not be taken during your pregnancy. Ecosprin 75 can be taken only if there is a life-threatening situation. The doctor should be consulted who will then advice you.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you feel dizzy or you have hazy vision while under the influence of Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet.
- Patients suffering from kidney disease should be extra careful when using Ecosprin 75 MG tablets. The doctor will prescribe some dosage adjustments considering your individual case. However, patients with severe kidney disease should refrain from taking Ecosprin 75.
- Patients with liver disease should use this with caution after consulting a doctor who will set the dosage or make some alternate treatment. Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet is not recommended for patients with severe liver diseases.
Ecosprin 75 should be avoided if the patient is suffering with certain health conditions:
- High blood pressure,
- Stomach ulcers,
- Heart failure
- If that patient is taking thyroid function tests.
- Patient should stop medicine before few days of the surgery.
- Reye’s syndrome
- Gastro-intestinal disease
Substitutes of Ecosprin 75:
There a few alternate drugs to Ecosprin 75 as mentioned below:
Asa 75 MG Tablet ZydusCadila
Loprin 75 MG Tablet Unichem Laboratories Ltd
Aspirin 75 MG Tablet ZydusCadil
Sprintas 75 MG Tablet Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Sprin 75 MG Tablet Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Ecosprin 75 Tablet Interactions with Other Drugs:
It is very important to take medicines with correct combinations.
Taking the following drugs with Ecosprin 75 will cause undesirable side effects, which can also be life threatening:
- Certain HIV drugs that contains Zidovudine
- Vericella vaccine
- Drugs for high blood pressure
- Drugs to treat depression disorder
- Quinolone antibiotics
- Uricosurics for gout
Before taking these drugs it is advisable to consult your doctor and inform him about any other drugs you are taking. Check our preventive health check up plans to stay fit and healthy.
1) Can Clopidogrel be taken along with Ecosprin 75 MG tablets?
Ans: Yes, it can be taken together. Fixed dose combination of Ecosprin and Clopidogrel are easily available and in fact considerably reduces the risk of a heart attack. It is used by patients after a coronary artery stent surgery. However, it can also increase the risk of bleeding.
2) Can I take this tabletsfor a hangover headache?
Ans: Ecosprin 75 should not be taken for an alcohol hangover headache. Alcohol damages the stomach lining and the use of Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet will increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
3) Is there any benefits for patients with certain heart diseases?
Ans: Low doses of Ecosprin 75 have shown some benefits for patients with certain heart diseases. In fact, it is advised after stent replacement or coronary artery bypass surgeries. The Ecosprin 75 MG tablets prevents platelets from sticking together and reduces the risk of blood clot formation.
4) Does Ecosprin 75 promote hair growth?
Ans: No. There is no report or feedback from patients that using Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet has promoted growth of hair.
5) Is Ecosprin 75 MG tablets safe to use?
Ans: Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet is safe to use if taken in the right dosage as advised by the doctor. As with any other drug, Ecosprin 75 MG has a few side effects like vomiting, nausea, gastric erosion etc.
6) Is it safe to take Tamsulosin with this medicine?
Ans: Both the drugs can be taken together. There are no adverse reports about any drug-to-drug interaction.
7) Does Ecosprin 75 MG tablet make you constipated?
Ans: Long term use of Ecosprin 75 is known to cause constipation. However, this is very uncommon.
8) Does Ecosprin 75 MG tablet clear acne?
Ans: Ecosprin 75 contains acetyl salicylic acid which is a common component for the preparation of creams for clearing acne. However, Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet is not made for the management of acne.
9) How does Ecosprin 75 MG tablet help prevent clots and blockages?
Ans: The drug blocks the cycloxygenase – an enzyme that produces Thromboxane. Thromboxane is a pro aggregatory agent that causes the platelets to stick together to form a clot. Ecosprin 75 blocks the Thromboxane and performs as an anti platelet drug.
10) Are Asacol and Ecosprin 75 MG tablet similar?
Ans: Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet is not equivalent to Asacol. Ecosprin contains acetylsalicylic and is basically a pain killer. On the other hand, Asaco is a 5-aminosalicylic acid which is used for ulcerative colitis.
11) What is the interaction between Vitamin D and Ecosprin 75 MG tablet ?
Ans: There is no drug-to-drug interaction or any other harmful side effects.
12) Where and how is Ecosprin 75 MG tablet metabolized?
Ans: Once you have swallowed the pill it gets rapidly converted to salicylic acid which is its active circulating form. It is primarily broken down in the liver like phenolic and acyl glucuronides, salicyluric acid and other components. The metabolites are excreted through the kidneys.
13) What happens if I miss a Ecosprin 75 MG tablet dosage?
Ans: If you miss a dosage take your tablet as soon as possible. If you have realised it closer to your next scheduled dosage then skip the missing dosage and take the tablet in the next scheduled time.
14) Is it safe to give Ecosprin 75 MG tablet to infants and children?
Ans: No, ideally infants should not be given Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet. Ecosprin 75 is suited for children who are 2 year old or above.
15) What are the precautions that I need to take while taking Ecosprin 75 MG tablet?
Ans: During the medication of Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet the patient needs to take following precautions:
- Avoid taking grapefruit and its juice during the medication of aspirin as it can have negative impacts on patient’s health.
- Do not take this medicine along with alcohol.
- If you are allergic to any one of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Take the full course of this medicine.
- One should not take this medicine once expired.
- If the patient is on other prescribed medication.
- If the patient is suffering from anemia and thyroid disorders.
- If you are taking any anticoagulant.
16) Is Ecosprin 75 MG tablet available as over the counter product?
Ans: No, Ecosprin 75 is a prescription drug. It is not available as an over the counter product.
17) How long should I take Ecosprin 75 MG tablet?
Ans: It is suitable to take Ecosprin 75 till the time you recover. For any changes or even if you feel the need to end the medication, please consult your doctor.
18) Can Ecosprin 75 MG tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans: Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet can be taken on an empty stomach in order to increase its extent of absorption. Whilst, if you take it on an empty stomach it can cause irritation on the surface of the stomach.
19) How is Ecosprin 75 MG tablet an antiplatelet drug?
Ans: Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet blocks enzyme cyclooxygenase that is required for the production of thromboxane. It acts as a pro-aggregatory agent that causes the platelets to form a clot.
20) Can Ecosprin 75 MG tablet cause constipation?
Ans: Yes, long term use of Ecosprin can cause constipation. However, this condition is not so common.
21) Do Ecosprin 75 MG tablet is harmful for the liver?
Ans: No, Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet does not harm the liver. If a person is suffering with liver issues and have taken high dose of Ecosprin 75. Then there are slight chances of toxicity. Therefore, it is advised to consult your condition and medical history with your doctor.
22) Does taking Ecosprin 75 MG tablet along with vitamin D cause any interaction?
Ans: No, there are no drug interactions or harmful effects have been reported when Ecosprin 75 MG and vitamin D are taken together.
23) How can Ecosprin 75 MG tablet prevent stroke?
Ans: Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet prevents the platelet adhesion and aggregation. Due to which the risk of formation of blood clots in the vessels supplying to the brain is reduced. This reduces the overall chances of stroke.
24) Are Ecosprin 75 MG tablet and Acetylsalylic acid same?
Ans: Yes, both these medicines are same. Aspirin is also called acetylsalylic acid as it is an derivative of the salicylic acid.
25) How Ecosprin 75 MG tablet is helpful in treating heart diseases?
Ans: Yes, but a low dose. Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet is used to treat patients who are prone to heart diseases and strokes. It is mostly advised after stent placement or bypass surgery. In low dosage, it does not allow platelets in sticking together and decreases clot formation.
26) Is it safe to take Clopidogrel and Ecosprin 75 MG tablet together?
Ans: Yes, you can take both these medicines together. Fixed dose combinations of these medicines are effective as it lowers the risk of heart attack.
Ecosprin 75 can be taken in combination along with following medicines:
Do not take Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet with Ibuprofen as it can decrease the anti-platelet effect of Ecosprin. If taken together they can increase potassium levels. Ecosprin 75 can increase the level of Ibuprofen. Take Ibuprofen at least 8 eight before or Ecosprin after 2-4 hours.
It is used by patients after a coronary artery stent as it increases the risk of bleeding.
27) What happens if I take an expired medicine?
Ans: A single dose of expired medicine would not cause much harm. It is suggested to consult your doctor if you are not well after taking the expired medicine. An expired drug might not cause any harm in treating your condition. Still, it is suggested not to take an expired medicine.
28) Does Ecosprin 75 MG tablet causes H. pyroli infection?
Ans: Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet is known to cause Helicobacter Pyroli infection. However, people who are already infected with this disease get more prone to stomach ulcers.
29) Why this medicine is not allowed to Asthma patients?
Ans: No Ecosprin 75 MG Tablet is not allowed to Asthma patients as it can cause allergic reactions like Uticaria, Angiodema and Branchospasm.