Dolo 650 MG Tablet is used for the short-term treatment of fever, and mild to moderate pain caused by several conditions such as arthritis, muscle aches, toothache, headache, backache etc. It is manufactured by Micro Labs Ltd in India. It is usually sold over-the-counter in most medicine shops and does not require a doctor’s prescription. It is one of the safer option for fever and pain relief.
|Nature Of Dolo 650:||Analgesic drug (pain reliever), antipyretic drug (fever reducer)|
|Uses Of Dolo 650:||Fever, muscle pain, menstrual cramps, arthritis, painkiller,other pains|
|Composition Of Dolo 650:||Paracetamol, Acetaminophen|
|Side Effects Of Dolo 650:||Nausea, mouth ulcer, fatigue, anemia|
|Precautions Of Dolo 650:||Not safe with alcohol, can affect pathology test results|
Uses and Benefits of Dolo 650:
It is used for providing relief from pain and fever. Dolo 650 Tablet is used as a painkiller. It majorly helps in getting rid of moderate pain which may be caused due to any of the following conditions:
- For Fever: It is prescribed for fever and it provides temporary relief. It doesn’t treat the underlying cause which results in fever.
- For Post Immunization Pyrexia : In some cases, people get fever and pain after the vaccine. In such cases, Dolo 650 MG Tablet is prescribed.
- For Muscle Pain : The Tablet relieves moderate pain in the muscle including the pain due to Arthritis.
- For Menstrual Cramps : It is proved to be beneficial in relieving pain associated with menstrual cramps.
- For Cephalalgia : It is prescribed for headaches and migraine pain too
Dolo 650 MG Tablet is also used for the following conditions:
- Ear pain
- A headache
A doctor may prescribe the Tablet for other purposes as well if the patient is experiencing pain due to any reason.
Side Eeffects of Dolo 650:
Consuming Dolo 650 mg tablet can have side effects on some patients ranging from mild to severe, however, these are very rare to be seen and most patients do not experience any discomfort whatsoever upon taking medicine.
Some of the most common side effects of the medicine are mentioned below:
- Allergic reactions on the skin
- Gastric problems
- Mouth ulcer
Overuse or overdose can cause liver toxicity.
Another extremely rare but severe side effect of this medicine can be the Stevens-Johnson syndrome. It is a rare skin disorder with symptoms of flu, followed by a painful purplish or red rash that spreads on the body and forms blisters. If a patient experiences symptoms of the syndrome after having the tablet, he or she must immediately contact their doctor and seek immediate treatment. Apart from the listed side effects of the medicine, patients may also experience some other adverse reactions. In that case, they must immediately contact their doctor and get expert medical help.
Common Dosage of Dolo 650:
This medicine can be obtained without a prescription, and it can be consumed when required by the patient. Missed dose of Dolo 650 mg tablet does not cause much problem, and it can be taken whenever the patient remembers about the missed dose. It is important to keep a gap of 6-8 hours between doses and not take more than 3gms in a day for adults. In children and underweight adults, the dose needs to be calculated on the basis of body weight.
The signs of an overdose of Dolo 650 MG Tablet are:
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Dark color urine
- Yellowing of the skin and the eyes
- Severe abdominal pain
Dolo 650 MG Tablet Price in India:
|Dolo 650 MG Tablet||INR 29.06/ strip of 15 tablets||(INR 1.94/tablet)|
Composition of Dolo 650:
The main ingredient of Dolo 650 MG tablet is Paracetamol or Acetaminophen and is used in the strength of 650 mg. It is classified as an analgesic (pain reliever) and antipyretic (fever reducer). It is not addictive or habit-forming.
Medicines that should not be taken with Dolo 650:
Following are some of the medicines that should not be consumed with Dolo 650 MG Tablet as it may cause adverse effects.
- It should not be consumed with Carbamazepine
- Sodium Nitrite
- Juxtapid mipomersen
- It should not be consumed with Teriflunomide
- It should not be consumed with Ketoconazole
How does Dolo 650 MG Tablet Works?
This medicine is an analgesic (pain reliever) and antipyretic (fever reducer) drug. The tablet works by stopping the production of the chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that carry pain signals and cause fever. It also works by increasing the body’s ability to tolerate pain by alleviating its threshold for pain. It also increases the blood flow to the skin. It also increases sweating and heat loss from the body.
It can also be administered as an injection. However, this can only be done by a trained health care provider and under a doctor’s supervision. It usually starts working within 1 hour of its administration. The effect of the medicine lasts for about 4 to 6 hours on an average.
When is Dolo 650 prescribed?
This medicine is prescribed to treat conditions such as fever, muscle pain, headache, menstrual camp, post immunization pyrexia, arthritis. It can be used as a painkiller. It is recommended to take the Dolo 650 mg tablet as per doctor’s prescription. The medicine is prescribed in the following cases:
- Muscle pain
- For Headache
- Post-immunization Pyrexia
- For Menstrual pain
How To Use Dolo 650?
It is advised to take the medicine and swallow it whole with water instead of crushing, breaking or chewing it. It can also be administered as an injection. However, this can only be done by a trained health care provider and under a doctor’s supervision. This medicine usually starts working within 1 hour of its administration. The effect of the tablet of Dolo 650 mg tablet lasts for about 4 to 6 hours on an average.
Dolo 650 For Headache & Cold:
It is prescribed in case the patient is suffering from fever and cold and shows symptom such as headache. The ingredients of this tablet help in treating these conditions and providing relief from the headache, cold symptoms and migraine pain too.
Precautions and Warning – When To Avoid Dolo 650 MG Tablet?
The medicine is an effective medicine for pain relief; however, it is not effective in joint pain because of its poor anti-inflammatory action. It starts to work within an hour and the effect lasts for approximately 4 to 6 hours.
- Consumption of Alcohol alongside this medicine- The main ingredient of the drug is Paracetamol. Consumption of alcohol with Paracetamol can be fatal and can cause severe liver damage. It is strongly advised to refrain from consuming alcohol when on medicine.
- Kidney Patients – Patients suffering from any kidney diseases should practice caution while using the Tablet. If the patient is consuming tablet of Dolo 650 MG Tablet for the treatment of a kidney related disease, it is important to consult the doctor before consuming medicine.
- Liver patients – Patients with severe liver diseases are advised to not take a tablet if they do not have prior consultation with their doctor. Patients suffering from allergies, analgesic (fever reducer) nephropathy and liver diseases are thus recommended not to use this drug without consulting the doctor.
- Expecting Mothers- There have been studies that have proved that it is perfectly safe to use Tablet by expecting mothers.
- For Pregnant women – Doctor consultation is advised before taking the drug if the patient is pregnant. While no adverse effects have been seen on the foetus, a doctor can evaluate everything and give truly useful advice.
- Lactating mothers – Lactating mothers can also use this drug without any worries since no traces are found in breast milk upon average doses, and no effect has been seen on feeding infants.
Contraindications of Dolo 650 MG Tablet:
Paracetamol is the main ingredient of the Dolo 650 MG Tablet, and it can cause allergy to certain people or individual suffering with specific medical conditions. The usage of the medicine should be strictly avoided or only taken under the supervision of a medical professional in case of any history of allergy from Paracetamol or following conditions:
An individual suffering with any liver condition should avoid consumption of this medicine. In case of emergency, any substitute for the medicine should be consumed or a small dose of the tablet can be taken. In either case, a doctor should be consulted.
- Renal impairment: An individual with a history of kidney concerns or if there is a case of ongoing treatment of kidney diseases, then consumption of the medicine should be avoided. If there is an urgent requirement, then a medical professional should be consulted or should be consumed only under the supervision of a doctor.
- Alcohol addict: An individual addicted to alcohol should avoid the use the medicine, as it contains paracetamol as its main ingredient. Paracetamol is highly reactive to alcohol and can cause fatal liver damage.
In case of emergency, any substitute for the medicine should be consumed or this medicine should be consumed under medical supervision.
Substitutes of Dolo 650 MG Tablet:
There are multiple other drugs available that can be used as a substitute for Dolo 650 MG Tablet. They have a similar composition, strength, and functionality which make them as effective as this medicine.
Here’s a list of some of the substitutes of Dolo 650 MG Tablet:
|Crocin 650 MG Tablet||Manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.|
|Glenpar 650 MG Tablet||Manufactured by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.|
|Malidens 650 MG Tablet||Manufactured by Abbott Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.|
|Paarmol 650 MG Tablet||Manufactured by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.|
|Thermgo 650 MG Tablet||Manufactured by Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd.|
|Cipmol 650 MG Tablet||Manufactured by Cipla Ltd.|
|Macfast 650 MG Tablet||Manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.|
|Panacip 650 MG Tablet||Manufactured by Cipla Ltd.|
|Pyremol 650 MG Tablet||Manufactured by Alembic Ltd.|
|Calpol 650 MG Tablet||Manufactured by Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Xykaa Rapid 650 MG Tablet||Manufactured by Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Fepanil 650 MG Tablet||Manufactured by Veritaz Healthcare Ltd|
|Pyrigesic 650 MG Tablet||Manufactured by East India Pharmaceutical Works Ltd|
Other substitutes may also be available in the market for the medicine. It is important to get advice from a doctor before switching to any of the substitutes to ensure that the Dolo 650 MG Tablet does not react adversely with the conditions.
How to Store Dolo 650?
This medicine should be kept in a dry place at room temperature. Keep away from the reach of the children and pets.
Variants of Dolo 650 MG Tablet:
- Dolo Caplet
- Strength: 325 mg, 500 mg, 650 mg
- Dolo Capsule
- Strength: 325 mg, 500 mg, 650 mg
- Dolo Tablet
- Strength: 325 mg, 500 mg, 650 mg
Dolo 650 MG Tablet Interactions:
Every drug reacts differently to the chemicals in one’s body and their specific conditions, but some of the drugs one may be taking can have unexpected and undesirable effects on the body. These must be taken into account before starting, stopping, or discontinuing any drug.
Interaction with Alcohol:
Consumption of alcohol when on Dolo 650 MG Tablet can affect the liver severely. Consuming alcohol with Tablet can result in adverse side effects. A patient may suffer from severe rashes, gastrointestinal bleeding, fatigue, dizziness, weakness, nausea, fever, joint pain, jaundice, etc.
Interactions with Diseases:
- Chronic Alcoholism – Paracetamol in any form should be consumed with caution when consuming alcohol. It is known to cause severe liver damage. In case of any severe symptoms, the patient must seek immediate medical help and alter the dose accordingly.
- Liver Disease – Patients with a known history of liver diseases or problems with the functioning of the liver have an increased chance of side effects when consuming the medicine. The medicine should be consumed with caution and medical help should be sought if need be.
Interactions of Dolo 650 MG Tablet with other Medicines:
The following drugs should not be taken alongside Dolo 650 MG Tablet since their interaction can cause increased side effects and the inability of either of the medicines to perform as desired.
- Sodium Nitrite
- Juxtapid mipomersen
Interaction with Pathology Tests:
- HIAA Urine Test: Patients on Dolo 650 MG Tablet may test false positive for 5-HIAA Urine test. The doctor and the lab technician must be told about the drugs that the patient is currently on. This would help them provide a solution.
For any medicine, the reaction may be different for each person. It’s better to consult a medical expert for any specific side effect.
1) Does Dolo 650 MG Tablet cause weight loss?
Ans: No, this medicine is not known to cause weight loss.
2) Can I be allergic to Dolo tablet?
Ans: Yes, there are cases where patients have reported to be hypersensitive to Dolo 650. Symptoms include swelling of the mouth, face, and throat, urticaria, shortness of breath, severe itching and red rash.
3) Can I take the Dolo Tablet for stomach pain?
Ans: No, This Tablet does not work for stomach pain.
4) Does Dolo Tablet treat a sore throat, cold, and flu?
Ans: No, It does not. This medicine is only effective for fever and pain.
5) What is the correct dose of Dolo Tablet for a child or who is 10 years old kid?
Ans: A kid who is 10 years old should not take more than two to three tablets of Dolo Tablet in a day. A doctor’s advice can help get a clear picture of the correct amount of dose for patients of any age.
6) Can Dolo Tablet interact with other drugs?
Ans: Yes, this medicine can interact with other drugs, some of which are: Carbamazepine, Sodium Nitrite, Phenytoin, Isoniazid, Naltrexone, Prilocaine. In case of an interaction or any doubts, a pharmacist or doctor’s advice should be taken to avoid side effects.
7) Is it advised to not take specific foods while using Dolo tablet?
Ans: There are no specific food interactions which have been reported with the drug. However, a patient should get specialized advice from a doctor and do a body check up in case they have any doubts.
8) What is the maximum number of Dolo 650 Tablets that I can take in a day?
Ans: The maximum dose of the medicine in a 24-hour span should not exceed 4 grams. 4 to 5 tablets which are mostly sufficient for a patient throughout the day, is a safe dose of the medicine.
9) Under what schedule is Dolo 650 MG Tablet is categorized in India?
Ans: This medicine is categorized under Schedule OTC in India.
10) Does Dolo 650 MG Tablet cause one to be sleepy?
Ans: No, the medicine does not have a sedative effect and does not cause one to feel sleepy.
11) Is it safe to use when one has to drive?
Ans: Yes, this medicine does not have a dizzying effect on the patient and there are no complications that may arise due to a patient taking Dolo 650 MG Tablet and drive.
12) Do I need to take Dolo 650 MG Tablet in an empty stomach?
Ans: No, there is no need to take the tablet on an empty stomach. This medicine can be taken with or without food, but it is advised to not take any medicines on an empty stomach unless instructed so by the doctor.
13) Can I take Dolo 650 during pregnancy?
Ans: Yes, it is mostly safe to use the Tablet when one is pregnant. It is recommended to get a physician’s advice in case of any doubts.
14) Is it safe to consume Dolo 650 MG Tablet when the patient is breastfeeding?
Ans: Yes, this medicine is safe to use by the patients who are breastfeeding. The contents of the Dolo 650 MG Tablet do not transfer into breast milk and does not affect the feeding infant either.
15) How long does the effect of Dolo 650 MG Tablet lasts?
Ans: The effect of Dolo 650 MG Tablet lasts for 4 to 6 hours on an average.
16) Do I need a prescription to buy Dolo 650 MG Tablet?
Ans: No, since Dolo 650 MG Tablet is a schedule OTC drug and does not have any habit-forming tendencies or severe safety implications, this medicine can be purchased without a doctor’s prescription.
17) Are there any contraindications?
Ans: Yes. Patients with Hepatic impairment or with Hypersensitivity are advised against using Dolo 650 MG Tablet.
18) How should I store Dolo 650 MG Tablet?
Ans: It should be stored in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
19) I took an expired dose of Dolo 650 MG Tablet, What should I do?
Ans: While it is not likely for a recently expired dose of Dolo 650 MG Tablet to cause any problems or issues in patients, however if patients notice any strange reactions, such as an allergy, they should report them to the doctor and medical help should be sought. A tablet which expired a long time ago can cause serious complications and in the case of consuming this expired Tablet, a doctor should be contacted immediately.
20) How long will it take to see the effect of Dolo 650?
Answer. Usually, the onset of the effect of the drug is seen within 10 to 15 minutes of taking this medicine.
21) What dose of Dolo 650 MG Tablet is safe for those who drink alcohol regularly?
Ans: Those who drink alcohol should use Dolo 650 MG Tablet with caution as using the two drugs together can lead to extensive liver damage. One should consult the doctor about critical questions regarding the dosage. It is usually not advised for those who take alcohol regularly to use more than 1 grams of the formula in the course of 24 hours.
22) Can Dolo 650 MG tablet be used to treat the pain caused after vaccination?
Ans: Yes, It can be used to effectively treat the pain which may be caused post a vaccination process.
23) At what frequency should this Dolo 650 MG Tablet be used?
Ans: In a survey, 57% of patients were found to have consumed this medicine once a day while 19% of patients consumed it twice and thrice a day. A meager 4% of patients have claimed to consume the Tablet four times a day.
24) Should Dolo 650 be consumed with or without meals?
Ans: 60% of patients take Dolo 650 with or without their food. 28% of patients take medicine on an empty stomach and 11% of patients take the medicine shortly after eating their meal.
25) Is Dolo 650 a banned medicine?
Ans: No, It is not banned in India. This medicine contains paracetamol and acetaminophen; both of them are widely used in India as pain relievers. However, Dolo is not available as an over-the-counter medicine and you would require a doctor’s prescription.
26) What is Dolo 650 MG Tablet used for?
Ans: It is categorized as a mild analgesic (pain reliever). It is most commonly used as a pain reliever in conditions such as a headache, post immunization pyrexia, menstrual cramps, muscle pain, arthritis. It is also used to treat fever and migraine pain too.
27) Can I take Dolo 650 for Headache?
Ans: Yes, It can be taken to cure headache. It is advised to take doctor’s advice to use the medicine for headache.
28) Can I take Dolo 650 and Meftal forte tablets together?
Ans: No, these medicines are not recommended to be taken together. The active ingredients of the medicines may cause adverse effects. Hence, it is advisable to consult a doctor before administering the drugs.
29) I’m 25 years old. Can I take Dolo 650 for treating back pain?
Ans: Yes, It can be used for treating back pain. This medicine belongs to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that helps in reducing pain and preventing inflammation. It is advised to consult a doctor and know about the risk and benefits associated with Dolo 650.
30) Can I take Dolo 650 with Antibiotics like Taxim O 200?
Ans: There is no reported reaction to taking these medicines together. However, it is advisable to take the medicines as a combination only after consulting a doctor.
31) I have cold and slight fever. Can I take Dolo 650 without consulting a doctor?
Ans: It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) and is used to get relief from pain caused due to fever. You can take Dolo 650 in case you are experiencing pain in fever and a slight cold. Although paracetamol is also usable to treat fever and pain. It is advisable to consult a doctor for appropriate dose and duration.
32) Can I administer Dolo 650 for treating throat pain?
Ans: It is a pain-killer. It provides temporary relief from conditions such as sore throat or throat pain. But this medicine cannot be used a permanent solution for such conditions. It is advisable to consult a doctor.
33) What happens if I take 10 tablets of Dolo 650 within 6hr?
Ans: It is suggested not to take an overdose of the drug as it may put you at your life at risk. Alternatively, this medicine can also aggravate the conditions a person is suffering from. In such a case, immediately seek medical help.
34) Can I give half a tablet of Dolo 650 to the 10-year-old child?
Ans: Yes, you can give half a tablet of Dolo 650 to a 10-year-old child but you can also give paracetamol tablet to bring down the temperature of fever. It is advised to consult a doctor for the appropriate dose of the medicine.
35) Is there any alternative medicine to reduce pain and fever?
Ans: Yes, It is paracetamol and paracetamol is the most widely used for fever and pain. But it is advisable before consuming this medicine consult to the doctor first.