Deviry 10 MG Tablet is a synthetic variant of the progesterone hormone. The medicine helps to regulate the menstrual cycle and process of ovulation in women. It is also prescribed for the treatment of conditions such as uterine bleeding and amenorrhea which are caused due to the lack of progesterone hormone in the body. The medicine is manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals.
|Uses||amenorrhea, contraceptive, vasomotor symptoms, postmenopausal osteoporosis|
|Side-effects||headache, dizziness, weakness, abdominal pain, irregular menstrual cycle, nervousness|
|Precautions||liver diseases, bleeding problems, breast cancer, depression|
Uses & Benefits of Deviry:
Deviry 10 MG Tablet may be prescribed to prevent and treat the following conditions –
- Amenorrhea – The condition refers to the absence of a menstrual period in a woman who has reached the reproductive age.
- Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding – The condition is also called abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB), and causes vaginal bleeding to occur outside of the regular period cycle.
- Endometrial Hyperplasia – The condition occurs when the endometrium, the lining of the uterus, becomes very thick. It is not a type of cancer, but in some cases may lead to cancer of the uterus.
- Endometriosis-related pain – Endometriosis is a painful condition in which the tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus grows outside it.
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma – It is a type of kidney cancer, the condition usually begins as a tumor growing in one of the kidneys and may spread to the other as well. In the case of metastatic renal carcinoma, the tumor may invade a large vein that leads out of the kidney. Cancer may also spread to the lymph system and other organs of the body.
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis (PMO) – Postmenopausal osteoporosis refers to osteoporosis in women after menopause. Osteoporosis is a condition in which the bones become weak and are more likely to break or fracture.
- Vasomotor Symptoms – Vasomotor symptoms occur due to hormonal changes that arise due to menopause. These symptoms may include hot flashes, flushing, night sweats, etc.
- Vulvovaginal Atrophy – Vaginal atrophy or atrophic vaginitis is the thinning, drying and inflammation of the vaginal walls due to the less amount of estrogen in the body. The condition usually occurs after menopause.
Apart from the above-mentioned conditions, the medicine may also be prescribed to prevent pregnancy.
Read More: Avil 22.75mg Injection Uses | Hyocimax Tablet Uses
Side Effects of Deviry:
The common side-effects associated with the consumption of Deviry 10 MG Tablets are:
- Abdominal pain
Some of the serious side effects associated with the consumption of the medicine include –
- Chest pain
- Rapid breathing
- Breast lump
- Severe pelvic pain
- Pain or swelling in legs or hands
- Lupus, asthma, epilepsy
- In the case of menopause, it may also lead to vaginal bleeding
Apart from these, administering Deviry may also cause a few other side effects such as changes in appetite or weight loss, insomnia, loss of scalp hair, breast tenderness and discharge, rashes, acne, itching, spotting, and changes in your menstrual periods.
Read More: Indocap SR 75 Side Effects | Janumet Side Effects
Common Dosage of Deviry:
The medicine must be taken in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by the medical practitioner.
- Missed Dose : If a patient misses a dose of Deviry, it must be taken as soon as it is remembered. However, if it is almost time to administer the next dose, the missed dose must be skipped. Patients are advised not to consume two doses to compensate for the missed dose.
- Overdose : Administering more than the prescribed dose of medicine may lead to severe side effects such as drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, confusion, dizziness, and diarrhea. If an overdose is suspected, the patients must consult a doctor immediately to seek remedial action.
Read More: Forever Aloe Vera Gel Dosages | Evion Capsule Dosages
Composition and Nature of Deviry:
Deviry 10 MG Tablet is a synthetic form of the progesterone hormone and contains Medroxyprogesterone acetate as its active ingredient.
How to use Deviry 10 MG Tablet?
- The medicine must be administered orally.
- The tablets must not be crushed, broken or chewed before consumption.
- The medicine must be consumed at a fixed time.
How Deviry 10 MG Tablet Works?
The medicine diffuses readily into the female reproductive tract, hypothalamus, and pituitary gland and binds to the progesterone receptor. Once the medicine is bound to the receptor, the frequency of the release of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) from the hypothalamus is reduced. This further lowers the pre-ovulatory LH surge (LH surge refers to the rise in the level of luteinizing hormone, which eventually triggers the start of ovulation) and prevents ovulation.
When is Deviry 10 MG Tablet prescribed?
The medicine may be prescribed as a contraceptive and also for the treatment and prevention of various conditions such as –
- Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding
- Endometrial Hyperplasia
- Endometrial Hyperplasia
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis (PMO)
- Vasomotor Symptoms
- Vulvovaginal Atrophy
Related Warnings/Precautions- When to avoid Deviry?
- The patients are advised to inform the doctor about any ongoing treatment or medications.
- The patients are also advised to not consume the medicine if they are allergic to its ingredients.
- Deviry 10 MG Tablet may not be safe to be administered during the course of pregnancy. This is because it is known to have an adverse effect on the health of the developing fetus.
- The medicine may induce bone loss and increase the risk of fractures in women. Thus, patients already suffering from osteoporosis are at increased risk of weak bones.
- Patients suffering from liver-related ailments may need to exercise extra caution while administering medicine.
- The consumption of alcohol must be avoided while administering Deviry.
Deviry 10 MG Tablet Interactions:
Interaction with medicines
Deviry 10mg may interact with –
- Anticonvulsants like phenytoin, carbamazepine
- Medicines for bacterial and yeast infection like rifampicin, rifabutin
- Cytotoxic drugs like ciclosporin,
- Anticoagulants or blood thinners like Warfarin
- Pain killers like ibuprofen, aspirin or naproxen
- Vasodilators like hydralazine, minoxidil
Interaction with diseases –
- Breast cancer : The medicine may have a negative impact on the health of patients suffering from breast cancer. Also, if a female has this condition running in the family, she must inform it to the doctor prior to starting the dose of the medicine.
- Liver Disease : Patients suffering from liver-related ailments may experience severe side effects on administering the medicine. Therefore, it is advised that the patients must inform the doctor about their condition before beginning the course of the medicine.
- Depression : The medicine may worsen the symptoms in patients suffering from depression. Therefore, it is advised that patients must inform the doctor about their condition before starting the medication.
- Thromboembolism : The medicine should not be consumed by patients suffering from cerebrovascular disease, clotting disorder or active thrombophlebitis due to an increased risk of worsening of the patient’s condition.
- Blood coagulation tests : The medicine may interfere with the blood coagulation test as it tends to affect the coagulation process.
- Thyroid function tests : The medicine may interfere with the thyroid test results; therefore, the doctor must be informed about its consumption prior to undergoing the thyroid function test.
Substitutes for Deviry 10 MG Tablet:
Following are the substitutes of Deviry 10MG tablets –
- Meprate 10mg Tablet manufactured by Serum Institute Of India Ltd
- Maxogest Tablet manufactured by Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd
- Megest 10mg Tablet manufactured by Sanzyme Ltd
- Provera 10mg Tablet manufactured by Pfizer Ltd
- Medrogest 10mg Tablet manufactured by Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- DB 10mg Tablet manufactured by Unicure India Pvt Ltd
- Medolin 10mg Tablet manufactured by Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Medona 10mg Tablet manufactured by West-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd
- Regeeva 10mg Tablet manufactured by Novartis India Ltd
- Empeea 10mg Tablet manufactured by Pfizer Ltd
- Medanin 10mg Tablet manufactured by Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd
- X-Pro 10mg Tablet manufactured by Depsons Healthcare
- Medace 10mg Tablet manufactured by Rowez Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Postreg M 10mg Tablet manufactured by Atlanta Biotec
- Orgem 10mg Tablet manufactured by Cian Health Care Pvt Ltd
Read More: Januvia Substitutes | Keto Soap Substitutes
Deviry 10 MG Tablet Variants
Deviry is available in the following variants-
- Deviry 10mg Tablet
- Drviry 100mg Tablet
- Deviry 2.5mg tablet
Medicines that should not be taken with Deviry:
Following medicines must not be consumed along with Deviry 10 mg –
Deviry 10 MG Tablet Price in India:
|Deviry 10mg (strip of 10 tablets)||Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.||INR 48|
Read More: Lanoxin Price | Lasix Price
How to store Deviry 10 MG Tablet?
- The medicine must be stored in a cool and dry place.
- The medicine must be kept away from the reach of pets and children.
- The medicine must be stored away from direct heat and sunlight.
Ans: The medicine is usually prescribed to females having an irregular menstrual cycle. Therefore the medicine may not actually cause a delay in periods but may help to regulate the menstrual cycle in a timely manner.
Ans: Although it is always recommended to check the expiry date of the medicine before administering it, a single expired dose may not cause any severe side effects. It must be noted that the efficacy of the medicine may be affected as an expired tablet will not be as effective in treating the symptoms as an unexpired tablet. In case of experiencing any unwanted side effects on administering an expired dose, a doctor must be consulted immediately to seek remedial action.
Ans: The medicine can be consumed with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Ans: No, the medicine does not have any habit-forming tendencies. It is a prescription-only drug that should not be used without getting a doctor’s consent. All habit-forming drugs in India are classified as schedule X or H and as schedule II-IV in the United States. It is advised to read the packaging label of the drug carefully for all the related information.
Ans: Missing a dose of Deviry tablet may render the medicine ineffective in treating the condition it has been prescribed for. Since the medicine is a hormonal supplement missing it continuously will lead to a hormonal imbalance in the body as well.
Ans: Overdosing on Deviry tablets may lead to side effects such as confusion, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and diarrhea. It is advised to strictly adhere to the dosage instructions prescribed by the doctor.
Ans: The common side effects associated with Deviry are a headache, abdominal pain, dizziness, etc.
Ans: No, Deviry is a schedule H drug and can be only purchased after getting a prescription from the doctor.
Ans: Deviry may be prescribed for the treatment and prevention of the following conditions –
Postmenopausal Osteoporosis (PMO)
Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding
Ans: No, it is not advisable to abruptly stop or alter the dosage of the medicine even if an improvement in the condition is experienced. Deviry is a hormonal supplement and must be consumed exactly as directed by the doctor. In case a patient experiences any side effects, she must immediately consult a doctor.
Ans: No. The medicine is not safe to be consumed by pregnant women. This is because the medicine poses a serious threat to the health of a developing fetus.
Ans: No, the medicine cannot be administered to patients suffering from liver-related conditions. This is because the medicine may lead to severe side effects in such patients. Close monitoring of the functioning of the liver and regular dosage alteration may be required in such patients.
Ans: Yes, the medicine is safe to be consumed by lactating mothers. However, lactating mothers must consult a doctor before starting the dose of Deviry 10mg tablets.
Ans: The following instructions must be followed while storing Deviry-
The medicine should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and heat.
It should be stored in a dry and cool place.
The medicine should be kept out of reach of pets and children.
Ans: Yes, Deviry is a schedule H drug and is only available on prescription.
Ans: No, the medicine is not known to interact with different food items. Therefore, there is no need to avoid a particular food item while administering Deviry. For case-specific recommendations, a doctor must be consulted.
Ans: It is generally advised to take the missed dose as soon as possible. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, it is recommended to administer the next dose and not take the missed dose. Under no circumstance should a double dose be taken to compensate for the missed dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or other side effects.
Ans: No, it is not advisable to consume the medicine with alcohol as it may hamper the effect of the medicine.
Ans: Yes, the medicine is a contraceptive medicine.
Ans: followings are the warnings and precautions that must be adhered to while administering Deviry tablets –
The patients are advised to inform the doctor about any ongoing treatment or medications.
The patients are also advised to not consume the medicine if they are allergic to its ingredients.
Deviry 10 MG Tablet may not be safe to be administered during the course of pregnancy. It may have adverse effects on the fetus.
The medicine may induce bone loss and increase the risk of fractures in women.
Patients already suffering from osteoporosis are at an increased risk of weak bones.
Patients suffering from liver-related ailments may need to exercise extra caution while administering medicine.
The consumption of alcohol must be avoided during the course of Deviry.