Acne has become one of the most problematic things for the younger generation folks. In fact, it is a long-term skin disorder that causes whenever the hair follicles are blocked with the oil from the skin. Some of them have acne with a lot of blackheads or whiteheads. Most people witness pimples and oily skin on their faces due to acne. There are some other places on the body wherein one might get affected by acne such as the chest, back of the body, and more.
There could be several reasons behind the occurrence of acne-like infections, diet, stress levels, hormonal changes, and genetics. In order to get rid of acne, most people visit the doctor. By acquiring the best treatment, one can easily overcome this skin disease. Some of the doctors prescribe a gel namely Deriva Cms that aids in curing acne in people. Here is everything you need to know about Deriva Cms Gel, its uses, side effects, composition and nature, precautions, interactions, alternatives, usage, and dosage of Deriva Cms gel. Have a look!
Deriva Cms gel is one of the best medications that help in curing acne, blackheads, pimples, and other skin infections. This medicine comprises of two major active ingredients that include Adapalene Topical and Clindamycin Topical. It is a topical medicine which means that you need to apply this cream on the surface of the skin especially on the affected area. The Deriva Cms gel falls under the category of drugs usually referred to as retinoids. This gel has the ability to reduce the formation of blackheads on the face. It eventually aids in regenerating the skin in a faster way.
Moreover, the Deriva Cms gel helps in healing the pimples as fast as possible by lessening the inflammation of the skin and swelling. People who suffer from some other disease conditions such as eczema, sunburns, and allergic reactions are not advisable to use Deriva Cms gel. Inform your physician if you have allergic conditions towards the vitamin A drugs and other retinoid medicines. Generally, Deriva Cms gel is available in the form of a cream. One can apply this gel to cuts, sunburned skin, and other skin conditions. Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited manufactures the Deriva Cms gel.
Composition and Nature of Deriva Cms:
The Deriva Cms gel comprises various ingredients that include Adapalene Topical and Clindamycin Topical. The compositions of these ingredients are 0.1 percent and 1 percent respectively. The package of this gel comes with 15 gm with the strength as mentioned previously.
Uses & Benefits of Deriva Cms:
We have gathered a list of the benefits of Deriva Cms gel that aids in treating various diseases, symptoms, and other health conditions. Check out the uses of Deriva Cms gel given below:
- Ability to treat Acne
- Cures Pimples on the face
- Treats complex acne present on the face
- Reduces the Acne vulgaris
- Diminishes the Spots
- Reduces the Blackheads
- Ability to cure Keratosis pilaris
- Treats Psoriasis, Pneumonia, Gonorrhea and Peritonitis diseases
- Cures minor to moderate acne
- Heals Bronchitis and other skin infections
Side Effects of Deriva Cms:
Check out some of the major and minor side effects of Deriva Cms gel as listed below:
- Burning sensation
- Dryness of the skin
- Skin will become scaly and even the lips
- Itching sensation
- Skin burns
- Irritation of the skin
- Skin Rashes
- Discoloration of the skin
- Irritation of the skin
- Pain in the abdomen
These are some of the commonly seen side effects of Deriva Cms gel. Whenever you come across any of these adverse effects, just contact your doctor immediately.
Common Dosage of Deriva Cms:
The dosage of Deriva Cms gel depends on the age and health condition of an individual. The health physician will prescribe the dosage and the time duration to the patient based on their severity and the health condition. Try to intake this medicine before food or after food.
If the dosage of this gel is missed then, apply it whenever you remember. In case, if the time is nearer to the subsequent dosage then, simply skip the missed dosage.
If the dosage of this gel becomes over then, you may not come across any of the adverse effects. However, it is advisable to apply a thin layer of this gel to the affected area. This way, your acne will be treated in less span of time.
How to Use?
The Deriva Cms gel is only utilized for external purposes. Try to use this medicine in the correct dosage and precise timings as prescribed by the physician. One must definitely check the label on the gel and expiry date of this medicine before using it. The patients must clean and dry their skin before applying the gel. Don’t forget to wash your hands before and after applying the gel.
How does Deriva Cms Gel work?
It comprises two different medicines that include Adapalene and Clindamycin. The Adapalene ingredient is a type of Vitamin A that stops the aggregation of sebum [which is referred to as the natural oil produced from the skin]. Thereby, it clears and opens up the pores and enables natural scaling for the external layers of the skin. Clindamycin is another active ingredient that acts as an antibiotic and works by discerning into the skin and killing the bacteria that usually causes acne.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Deriva Cms Gel?
Here are some of the basic precautions and related warnings for the patients regarding the usage of this medication for treating acne and other skin diseases. Check out the precautions listed below:
- It is not safe to use Deriva Cms gel at the time of pregnancy. It might show adverse effects on the fetus within the womb of a pregnant woman.
- One can use Deriva Cms gel at the time of breastfeeding.
- Try to wash your hands before and after applying this gel on the affected location
- Evade exposure to the direct sunlight
- Don’t contact this gel with your eyes and other sensitive parts of the body
- Never intake this medicine through the mouth as it is a topical medication
- Ask your physician whether you can use this gel on open wounds and dry and sunburned skin
- Keep this medication away from the children and pet animals.
- Try to apply this cream in limited amounts as a thin layer on the affected area.
- Don’t get this medicine into your eyes, mouth, and nose
Substitutes for Deriva Cms Gel:
Here are some of the alternatives to Deriva Cms Gel listed below:
- Zit Gel [Manufactured by Craza Lifesciences Pvt Limited]
- Wegamycin A Gel [Manufactured by Dermajoint India]
- Seboret-Plus Gel [Manufactured by Prosaic Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Nuplene-C Gel [Manufactured by Maverick Pharma Pvt Limited]
- Nioclean AD Gel [Manufactured by KLM Laboratories Pvt Limited]
- Nilac A Gel [Manufactured by Micro Labs Limited]
- Nface-AC Gel [Manufactured by Nukind Healthcare Pvt Limited]
- Nayzit Gel [Manufactured by Alniche Life Sciences Pvt Limited]
- Maviclin-A Gel [Manufactured by Mavin Pharmaceuticals]
- Lacne Gel La [Manufactured by Pristine Bioceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Klinfacea Gel [Manufactured by Kivi Labs Limited]
- Glintra A Gel [Manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Limited]
- Foracne Plus Gel [Manufactured by Cipla Limited]
- Femcinol-ADP Gel [Manufactured by Dabur India Limited]
- Faceclin AT Gel [Manufactured by Abbott]
- Erytop A Gel [Manufactured by USV Limited]
- Deriva C Gel [Manufactured by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Dee C Gel [Manufactured by Nidus Pharma Pvt Limited]
- Daple C Gel [Manufactured by Maxamus International]
- Cutiwel Gel [Manufactured by Syscutis Healthcare]
- Clinxa- A Gel [Manufactured by Canixa Life Sciences Pvt]
- Clinred A Gel [Manufactured by Encore Pharmaceuticals Inc]
- Clinmiface A Gel [Manufactured by Prism Life Sciences Limited]
- Clinmi Skin A Gel [Manufactured by Resilient Cosmecueticals Pvt Limited]
- Clinmax A Gel [Manufactured by Palsons Derma]
- Clindapene Gel [Manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Clindafin A Gel [Manufactured by HBC Lifesciences Pvt Limited]
- Clin-AD Gel [Manufactured by Unimarck Healthcare Limited]
- Cliface A Gel [Manufactured by Talent India]
- Cleargel AP Gel [Manufactured by Hegde And Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP]
- Cdiff A Gel [Manufactured by Ipca Laboratories Limited]
- Aditop C Gel [Manufactured by Dermo Care Laboratories]
- Adcin Gel [Manufactured by Carrel Pharmaceuticals]
- Adaple-C Gel [Manufactured by Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Adalene Nanogel Gel [Manufactured by Zydus Cadila]
- Adabest Gel [Manufactured by Biochemix Health Care Pvt. Limited]
- Acnovate Gel [Manufactured by Apex Laboratories Pvt Limited]
- Acnicin Gel [Manufactured by Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Acnetor AD Gel [Manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Acnesol A Nano Gel [Manufactured by Systopic Laboratories Pvt Limited]
- Acnecure Gel [Manufactured by Psychotropics India Limited]
- Acgel-CL Nano Gel [Manufactured by Rapross Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Accare Gel [Manufactured by Surecare Pharma Pvt Limited]
Deriva Cms Interactions with Other Drugs:
Whenever you use the drugs for treating some other disease then, it could become countervail to the Deriva Cms gel. The simultaneous usage of these medicines might show some adverse impact on the healing power of this gel. The other medications might lessen the power of this cream and in turn, it could take much more time for treating the acne. Inform your physician regarding the drugs, medications, and other supplements that you use before they interact with this medicine. Your physician might make some dosage adjustments based on your condition. We can usually confront some interactions of Deriva Cms gel with diseases, drugs, and food. Check out some of the common interactions with this medicine.
Medicine or Drug Interactions
- Salicylic Acid
- Benzoyl Peroxide
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Paracetamol Codeine
There is no information on whether it is safe or not to intake alcohol at the time of using this gel.
Check out some of the commonly asked questions about Deriva Cms gel given below:
Ans: No, the Deriva Cms gel doesn’t become an addiction even if you use it on a regular basis.
Ans: Here are some of the contradictions that are caused by the Deriva Cms gel as listed below:
Sexually Transmitted Diseases [STD]
Ans: This medicine is not able to cure mental disorders in an individual.
Ans: This medicine doesn’t cause sleep, drowsiness, or dizziness in those who use this gel. Hence, it is completely safe to use this cream and drive a vehicle or operate some heavy machinery.
Ans: The patients who use this gel must store this medicine at a temperature ranging between 20°C and 25°C.
Ans: If you have any allergic reactions to food, try to consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Ans: There is no information about the usage of this gel at the time of pregnancy.
Ans: It is safe to use Deriva Cms gel at the time of breastfeeding.