Defcort 6 MG tablet helps in treating different disease conditions that include muscle disorders, allergic conditions to the joints, and more. One who is suffering from any of these disease conditions needs to use the Defcort 6 MG tablet. In fact, Defcort is the brand term for the Deflazacort ingredient. This particular drug belongs to the corticosteroid drug class. This medicine has the ability to treat a progressive disease condition i.e., referred to as Duchenne muscular dystrophy. If you have this disease then, your muscles may not function correctly. Usually, this disease is affected in those whose age is 5 years and above and it may also occur in adults.
In the Deflazacort ingredient, you can find glucocorticoid activity that aids in curing various allergic and inflammatory conditions. The therapeutic group of this medicine is the Corticosteroid hormone. In general, the doctor prescribes Defcort medicine even as an immunosuppressant. This is an oral medication that must be used only when your physician prescribes it. Macleods Pharmaceuticals Private Limited usually manufactures the Defcort tablet. Generally, inflammation is caused in the human body due to the release of few chemicals. The Defcort tablet constrains the discharge of some chemicals that eventually result in inflammation conditions. Thereby, this tablet controls and treats a range of diseases as mentioned previously. One must and should follow some basic precautions prior to consuming this medicine orally.
Composition and Nature of Defcort 6:
In Defcort tablet, Deflazacort acts as a major active ingredient. The salt composition of this active ingredient is 1 MG. This tablet is available in different packages that include 10 tablets and 6 tablets. There are various strengths available in this Defcort tablet such as 30 mg, 24 mg, 18 mg, 6 mg, and 1 mg.
Uses & Benefits of Defcort 6:
We have compiled a list of some excellent benefits of the Defcort tablet. Check it out below:
- Complicated allergic conditions
- Different types of cancers
- Arthritis such as Rheumatoid arthritis and more
- Treats various eye-related diseases
- Skin diseases
- Cures the symptoms related to allergies
- Inflammation disorders
- Skin inflammations
- Auto-immune diseases
- Various allergies
Side Effects of Defcort 6:
Usually, when people intake some medications on a frequent basis then, it might lead to a plethora of side effects. Similarly, when you intake Defcort tablet on a regular basis, it could drive to some severe side effects. In some cases, these side effects might be mild or moderate, or too complicated. Due to the active ingredients present in this tablet, you may confront some side effects either serious or pretty less complicated.
However, even if you face any of the side effects due to the Defcort tablet, you can consult your doctor immediately without any delay. Sometimes, people might confront some side effects when they intake medicines for two different diseases at the same time. Check out some of the commonly seen side effects of Defcort tablet as listed below:
- A sudden increase in the weight
- Muscle pains
- Increased blood pressure
- Mental disorders
- Eye Cataract Disease
- Scars on the skin
- Imbalance in the electrolytes of the body
- Glucose levels might increase to an extreme extent in the blood
- Need to urinate on a frequent basis
- Swollen Face
- Abnormalities in the hair growth
- A cough
- Hunger might increase
- Cushingoid Syndrome
- Weight reduction
- Abnormalities in Central and Peripheral nervous system
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Nutritional and Metabolic abnormalities
- Degradation of the bones
- Depressive Mood
These are some of the moderate, minor, and severe side effects that might affect an individual who uses the Defcort 6 mg tablet. If you experience any of these side effects then, you can take proper medical care from your physician. Try to inform your doctor regarding the medications you use currently for some other disease conditions. By consulting a doctor, he or she will try to make the dosage adjustments for the tablets.
Common Dosage of Defcort 6:
Most commonly, the dosage of the Defcort tablet purely depends on the age and the health condition of the person. The patients need to intake this medicine only as an oral medication. If the dosage is missed then, you need to intake it as soon as possible whenever you remember it. In case, if the dosage that you have missed already reached the time for the subsequent dosage then, you can simply skip the missed dose. You need to contact your health physician if the dosage of this medicine becomes over. You must definitely get emergency medical treatment shortly.
How to Use Defcort 6 MG Tablet?
The doctors usually prescribe the Defcort tablet to use it as oral medicine. Try to intake this medicine as a whole tablet. You should not break or crush the tablet. The physician will prescribe the dosage and the time duration for using this tablet. One can use the Defcort 6 Mg tablet before food or after food. However, it is advisable to consume this medication at a constant time on a daily basis. The patients need to evade the usage of Defcort 6 mg tablet with some vegetable diet or salads.
How does Defcort 6 work?
Defcort works by restraining the standard immune response in the body to the body swelling or other inflammatory conditions. This eventually results in the lessening of the inflammation and offers the best relief from the symptoms that are caused due to the disease conditions such as Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Deflazacort is the active ingredient present within the Defcort tablet that acts as a corticosteroid drug. When this medicine is consumed, it will stop the release of specific chemicals from the body that is quite significant in maintaining the immune system of an individual. This medicine goes through the glucocorticoid receptor to cure the anti-inflammatory and other immunosuppressive effects in the patients.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Defcort 6?
Here are some of the precautions that an individual must follow before using the Defcort tablet:
- If you have any allergic conditions then, you need to be cautious before using this medicine
- If you are planning for pregnancy or already pregnant then, you need to be careful
- This medicine might cause some mood swings in the kids.
Substitutes for Defcort 6 MG Tablet:
There are numerous alternatives to each and every medicine. Check out some of the substitutes for the Defcort tablet listed below:
- Zicort 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Faith Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Zefcort 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Leeford Healthcare Limited]
- Zaflart 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Kepler Health Care]
- Ronicort 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Ronyd Healthcare Pvt Limited]
- Ricadef 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Inizia Healthcare Pvt Limited]
- Nudefla 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Gold Line]
- Laza 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Vilberry Healthcare Pvt Limited]
- Kivicort 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Kivi Labs Limited]
- Flazo 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Regalia Pharmaceuticals (I) Pvt Limited]
- Flacort 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Solvate Laboratries Pvt Limited]
- Eticort 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Enzocort 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Limited]
- Dlc 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Tas Med India Pvt Limited]
- Dfz 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Ipca Laboratories Limited]
- Dezocort 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Zydus Cadila]
- Dezert 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Icarus Healthcare Pvt Limited]
- Dezacortin 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Obsurge Biotech Limited]
- Dezacor 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Delacort 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Icon Life Sciences]
- Defza 6 Tablet [Manufactured by Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Defsure 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Zuventus Healthcare Limited]
- Defstar 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Defsone 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Psychotropics India Limited]
- Deforz 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Neon Laboratories Limited]
- Defocad 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Defnalone 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Lupin Limited]
- Deflor 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by AstraZeneca]
- Deflazen 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Deflawok 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Wockhardt Limited]
- Deflawin 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by MMC Healthcare Limited]
- Deflafit 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Deflachek 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Indoco Remedies Limited]
- Defjoy 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Goddres Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Defcon 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Saffron Therapeutics Pvt Limited]
- Defbid 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Jarun Pharmaceuticals]
- Defagem 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Foregen Healthcare Limited]
- Decotaz 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Decdan Next 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Wockhardt Limited]
- Dazacort 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Nectar Remedies Limited]
- Cozadef 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Emenox Healthcare]
- Cortiza 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Staunch Health Care Pvt Limited]
- Cortisure 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Cortimax 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Zuventus Healthcare Limited]
- Coecortt 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Asteride 6mg Tablet [Manufactured by Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited]
Defcort 6 MG Tablet Interactions with Other Drugs:
Some medicines might interact with some other medicines that are usually referred to as drug interactions. If the food and alcohol that we consume interact with this medicine then, it is referred to as food interaction. Check out some of the interactions with the Defcort tablet listed below:
Here are some of the drug interactions listed below:
- Magnesium Hydroxide
It is not advisable to consume alcohol alongside the intake of Defcort medicine.
When you interact with the diseases with some other disease then, they are referred to as the disease interactions. People who are suffering from diabetes need to be careful whilst using this medicine. Defcort tablet might change the glucose levels in the blood. It could eventually lessen the impact of anti-diabetic medicines. It is quite essential to keep an eye on the blood glucose levels of the patient on a frequent basis.
Here are some of the commonly asked questions about the Defcort medicine that aids in treating various auto-immune diseases in some people. Check out the FAQs related to the Defcort tablet given below:
Ans: Yes, it is secure and safe to use Defcort tablet. However, ensure that you intake this medicine in the prescribed quantities.
Ans: Some of the contradictions to this medicine include the following:
Heart and Kidney Diseases
Ans: There is no information on whether the tablet becomes an addiction or not.
Ans: Yes, it is absolutely safe and secure to consume this medicine at the time of driving.
Ans: The impact of this tablet will long last for about 4 to 8 hours.