Dabur Shilajit is an ayurvedic medicine having a natural substance called Shilajit as its main constituent. It contains an assortment of herbs, which work on your overall strength and well-being. It is manufactured and marketed by the well-renowned Indian brand Dabur.
Uses & Benefits of Dabur Shilajit:
One of its foremost uses is that its consumption augments strength, energy, and stamina. It works on making the local tissues more resilient which in turn revitalizes the entire body. Shilajit supplements, therefore, are really useful for optimizing recovery after a workout.
Its other uses are:
- Increased energy: Dabur Shilajit helps counter chronic fatigue syndrome by diminishing the effects of its symptoms and in doing so restores the potency of the body. Shilajit naturally enhances the body’s mitochondrial function.
- Dealing with erectile dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction means the inability to grow an erection or maintain it long enough. Dabur Shilajit remedies this by raising the testosterone levels of the consumer.
- Battles Aging: Shilajit is an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant and also contains huge amounts of fulvic acid. Because of these, it shields the cells from any damage. This decelerates the aging process and preserves your health longer.
- Infertility: Shilajit has been found to increase the sperm count in men.
- Iron Deficiency anemia: Dabur Shilajit slowly increases the body’s iron levels and helps alleviating the symptoms of iron deficiency anemia which include lethargy, erratic pulse rate and migraine.
- Anti-Disease properties: Shilajit is an effective medicine against the severity of symptoms for those suffering from diabetes, arthritis, Alzheimer’s, jaundice, digestive disorders, hemorrhoids, asthma, edema, epilepsy, obesity, nervous disorders and thyroid dysfunction.
Read More: Hifenac MR Uses | Himalaya Tentex Royal Uses
Side Effects of Dabur Shilajit:
Dabur Shilajit if taken in the dosage as prescribed is not known to cause any side effects. But side-effects may occur if someone were to indiscreetly increase the dosage or take it along with iron supplements. Taking it along with iron supplements may cause an excess of iron in blood since Shilajit is rich in iron too. It may even lower blood pressure.
Side-effects pertinent to the use of excessive fulvic acid may also occur upon excessive consumption of Shilajit. A high dose of Shilajit can also result in increased levels of uric acid which is possibly detrimental to the body’s health.
You are advised to stop the consumption of Shilajit in case of any allergic reactions, nausea, lightheadedness, and itchiness.
Read More: Himalaya Septilin Side Effects | Amlodipine Side Effects
Common Dosage of Dabur Shilajit:
Begin consuming Dabur Shilajit in extremely small doses and work your way up until you find the right dosage which best realizes the desired benefits. The dosage of Shilajit depends on the following factors:
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Medical history
- Lifestyle choices
Reduce the dosage without any delay if you experience insomnia or any indigestion. It’s recommended that you take Shilajit in the mornings on an empty stomach to maximize its effects.
Read More: Avil Dosages | Hyocimax Dosages
Composition and Nature of Dabur Shilajit:
Dabur Shilajit has the following main three components with their individual benefits:
- Shilajit: It is a viscous tar-like natural substance found in the Himalayas. It is formed by centuries of gradual decomposition of certain plants by microorganisms. Its main benefit lies in its ability to counter the wear and tear incurred on the body tissues and as a result, works as a soothing tonic.
- Gold: It can help improve your strength and physical resilience.
- Saffron: Works against constant weariness.
Dabur Shilajit Gold also contains some other important herbs like Kaunch Beej, Safed Musali, and Ashwagandha.
Read More: Indocap SR Composition | Janumet Composition
How Dabur Shilajit Works?
Shilajit being an anti-oxidant improves cellular respiration which in turn results in anti-aging effects. It’s also an anti-inflammatory and hence counters damage to body tissue and accelerates healing.
Precautions and Warning – When to avoid it?
You are advised not to consume Shilajit if you are suffering from hemochromatosis, sickle cell anemia, or thalassemia. Refrain from further use in the event of any rashes, lightheadedness, or increased pulse rate.
As is the case with any strong medicine, your doctor should be informed of your medical history including any allergies you may have. Certain health conditions may result in your being more vulnerable to the side-effects of Shilajit.
High doses of Shilajit can be really detrimental to your health as discussed before. Therefore, be cautious as to your dosage and its effects.
Shilajit may cause insomnia if taken at night. So mornings doses are recommended.
Substitutes for Dabur Shilajit:
There are no substitutes as of yet for Dabur Shilajit
Dabur Shilajit Interactions:
Those who are under anti-diabetic treatment must be aware Shilajit may reduce blood glucose levels, which should be monitored throughout the course of Shilajit’s consumption.
Shilajit should not be consumed in combination with statin drugs. Any such interaction should be discussed with a medical professional before further undertaking.
Shilajit is also known to interact with artificial hormones.
1) Is Dabur Shilajit addictive?
Ans: No. It does not contain any addictive ingredients whatsoever.
2) Does Dabur Shilajit have any steroids?
Ans: Dabur Shilajit has Shilajit, Gold, and saffron as its three main active components. It doesn’t include any kind of steroids in its composition.
3) How should I consume Dabur Shilajit?
Ans: Shilajit can be used in combination with another organic compound to enhance and speed its effects. Organic ingredients like lukewarm milk, honey, or ghee can be used. You are advised not to use chlorinated water for the consumption of Dabur Shilajit.
4) Does Shilajit help with Alzheimer’s disease?
Ans: Shilajit has been known to decelerate the progression of Alzheimer’s disease and decrease the severity of its symptoms. The fulvic acid in Shilajit can reduce inflammation caused by some of the disease’s symptoms.
5) Can Dabur Shilajit be consumed by women?
Ans: Yes, although proper consultation with your doctor or a certified medical professional is recommended before consumption. Shilajit has been known to prevent wrinkles and other aging symptoms to a certain extent.
6) Can Shilajit be used in combination with other ayurvedic medicines?
Ans: Shilajit boosts the effects of every Ayurvedic medicine known to man. Ayurvedic medicines rarely show bad interactions the likes of which allopathic medicines do.
7) Does Dabur Shilajit help overcome male impotency?
Ans: Yes. Shilajit is known to increase testosterone levels in men and in a result increase sperm count.